Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 131244 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 09:55:13 PM »
The following options should be chosen: Autonomy -- Full; Aging -- Normal; Fill Empty Houses -- Checked.
I've just read the rules for the third time and this is the first time I noticed this. I had assumed that aging would be set to "active household only", as it is in the Rival Dynasties Challenge, in order to meet the requirement of "producing a Sim who is the descendant of 10 different families living in Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and other Sim towns."

If aging is set to normal, as in a normal dynasty, how do we keep those families/the entire neighbourhood from dying out?

While I'm asking for clarification on things:
Aspirations can be changed only when an aspiration has been completed.
This means sims can only work on one aspiration at a time, correct? So if I start with Johnny Zest, he has to finish Joke Star before I can choose another aspiration for him. If I pick Freelance Botanist, he has to finish Freelance Botanist before I can select another aspiration for him, and so on? In other words, it's not like in the legacy challenge where once you've completed aspiration 1, you can switch around as much as you want afterwards.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 10:56:11 PM »
Edited to add -- And while testing this I often wished that we had the "influence" options from TS2. Even Sims with the neat trait would rather complain about mess than clean up.

Does this mean that the Musical Genius' Piper trait, the use of Actions/Groups, and similar strategies are all banned?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 05:38:22 AM »
So if I start with a single sim, do I just take a selfie of him?  And then do the other 10 day reqs, get married and move in with a spouse...the spouse's art req is to be completed by the next gen heir?

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 07:08:16 AM »
So the founder is a premade townie?
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 07:34:48 AM »

No...

Set-Up
You'll start with a completely new file. This means you'll have to start in CAS. Create an Elder Sim and move him or her into Crick Cabana.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 07:59:26 AM »

No...

Set-Up
You'll start with a completely new file. This means you'll have to start in CAS. Create an Elder Sim and move him or her into Crick Cabana.

Well, actually, the founder is a premade townie. But the game won't let you start without going into CAS first. An elder in Crick Cabana seems like the least intrusive way of arranging that.

@Whirligig, You won't be able to get more than 2 or 3 of the original premade families in your heirs' bloodline. It's like the Townie DecaDynasty from TS3, if you tried that. After a certain point, your options will be Sims that have been moved in later. And yes, every Sim has to complete an aspiration before switching to something else.

@oshizu, As long as you're not forming a club, other ways of getting uncontrolled Sims to do things are okay.

@simfulicious, a selfie is fine if you're starting with a founder who lives alone. And if you don't have GTW, Sims can do a self-portrait using a mirror. And you're right, the next generation will take care of the spouse's portrait.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 05:11:32 PM »
(Note: if you choose one of the Pancakes, they may stay in their house.)

Why specifically the Pancakes? Does this rule not work for other townies?
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 05:22:41 PM »
In the base game (and subsequent expansions), the Pancakes are the only childless married couple. The Bheedas in City Living have a baby on the way. Rather than rule them out, we decided to let one or the other be an option. But since they're already married to each other, there's no reason to have them move in with a spouse.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 06:10:42 PM »
In the base game (and subsequent expansions), the Pancakes are the only childless married couple. The Bheedas in City Living have a baby on the way. Rather than rule them out, we decided to let one or the other be an option. But since they're already married to each other, there's no reason to have them move in with a spouse.

How about the Feng's in San M.?  Or is she secretly pregnant?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2016, 06:54:40 PM »
Are they also YAs? I'll have to check...

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2016, 07:16:37 PM »
No, they are not...my brain tends to gloss over the YA part of the rules...I'm sorry.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 07:18:44 PM »
No, they are not...my brain tends to gloss over the YA part of the rules...I'm sorry.

Not a problem, there are a lot of rules.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 08:18:41 PM »
What if I wanted to start with, say, Summer Holiday, and have her hook up with Travis? Or if you start in one of the 'full of unmarried young adults' households, are housemates just plain off limits?
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 08:45:03 PM »
Sorry for all the questions, but what about the Behr family? I was practicing and using Candy as my founder, but since Yuki is a teen, she wasn't able to move out alone. In that case, would Yuki be allowed to move in as well?
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 10:27:16 PM »
What if I wanted to start with, say, Summer Holiday, and have her hook up with Travis? Or if you start in one of the 'full of unmarried young adults' households, are housemates just plain off limits?

Housemates are off limits.

@Narinn2045, I'll check with the rest of the team and get back to you.