Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 133443 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2017, 08:01:47 AM »
Hello everyone

I need some lights on a few details. English is not my first language, so I'm not sure I understand everything right, and I may have missed it when reading the thread.

Your controlled Sim may not be in a club with other household members. Your Sims may join clubs but not form them.

-2 points for every club perk.

I wanted to start with a young adult who is a club leader.
Is it possible?
If it is :
Is leaving the group at the start of the game possible, or should I just give up leadership to someone else?
Are the club perks counted as negative points even if I leave the club during the collecting/spouse searching period?

Welcome to the forum, @Tynynounours! You can have your Sim leave the club, or you can let the Sim stay. If your Sim marries someone else in the club, then your Sim will have to leave. There are no penalties for perks already in place.

-1 point for every Satisfaction Reward bought.

You will not accumulate or lose points during [Free] day.

If your Sim takes the free day at 10 points and then loses a point or two the next day, you'll have to wait till you get to 20 points before taking another free day.

Is buying satisfaction rewards during free day means a point is lost, or is it fine? If so, what kind of event means no points is lost? Accidental ones like fire?

Yes, you can buy satisfaction rewards on the free day without losing points. You won't lose points for a fire on a free day either.

Sorry if I missed it in a previous posts, I tried read everything, but sometimes it was a bit hard for me.

It's okay to ask questions -- that's what we're here for. Good luck with the challenge!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2017, 02:08:10 PM »
Thank you a lot for your help.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2017, 10:42:26 AM »
I know I've seen this somewhere, but I have spent the last 30 minutes searching and can't find it.  My founder is doing cooked dishes as her museum collection.  I have them all done...but how do I know how much they are worth?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2017, 11:45:59 AM »
I know I've seen this somewhere, but I have spent the last 30 minutes searching and can't find it.  My founder is doing cooked dishes as her museum collection.  I have them all done...but how do I know how much they are worth?

I think if you put them in household inventory and then start to sell them from there, you can get a price. Just don't complete the sale. Incidentally, cooked dishes and mixed drinks tend not to remain in the museum, but they still count as a collection.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2017, 12:22:32 PM »

I think if you put them in household inventory and then start to sell them from there, you can get a price. Just don't complete the sale. Incidentally, cooked dishes and mixed drinks tend not to remain in the museum, but they still count as a collection.

Thank you, Marian!  I got it by placing them in the cooler, then going to buy/build mode and picking each one up...bottom right lists a price, though it won't let you sell it.

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2017, 08:04:31 PM »
Before I begin, I would like to clarify that although the controlled Sim cannot be in a club with other household members, it's okay for the household members (i.e. non-heirs) to be in the same club.

Thank you in advance!  :) (And my apologies if this rule has already been clarified in the thread.)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2017, 07:44:46 AM »
Before I begin, I would like to clarify that although the controlled Sim cannot be in a club with other household members, it's okay for the household members (i.e. non-heirs) to be in the same club.

Thank you in advance!  :) (And my apologies if this rule has already been clarified in the thread.)

Yes, that's okay. For example, if you move your Sim into the Partihaus, some of them belong to the Powerhouse Club, but you don't have to disband that. Just don't make your Sim a member.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #187 on: September 24, 2017, 12:07:28 PM »
Thank you, MarianT! I re-read through the rules after posting my initial question and now have a couple more things I would like to clarify/ask.

1. Regarding the point system:
    - If the founder/heir has three points in Gardening before marrying and moving out, could a subsequent heir make Gardening a designated skill and be able to count the full 10 points (plus two for maxing the skill)?
    - In a similar vein, if a founder/heir has counted two points from leveling up in a secondary skill (i.e. Guitar), could a subsequent heir use Guitar as his/her designated skill and be able to count the full 10 points (plus two for maxing the skill), or could he/she only count eight points (plus two for maxing the skill)?
    - If a founder/heir has counted three points in a secondary skill, a subsequent heir could have the same secondary skill but only begin counting points once he/she reaches level four?

2. The 10 museum items must be unique to a particular Sim; however, the items themselves don't have to be different. For example, if my Sim decided to catch frogs and happened to catch two of the same frog, he/she could count the two frogs of the same breed as two items towards his/her museum collection?

3. Founders and heirs only have to paint portraits of other household members, but they don't have to paint portraits of themselves, correct? Their portraits will be taken care of by the next generation, if I understand the rules correctly.

4. Are we able to click on non-controlled Sims to be able to look at their traits, skills, career, etc., or would this be considered controlling a non-controlled Sim?

Apologies for the lengthy questions! I just want to ensure I understand everything correctly.  :) Thank you again!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2017, 07:29:35 PM »
I'm assuming that a pass out from a vampire bite is a -1?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2017, 08:38:52 PM »
Thank you, MarianT! I re-read through the rules after posting my initial question and now have a couple more things I would like to clarify/ask.

1. Regarding the point system:
    - If the founder/heir has three points in Gardening before marrying and moving out, could a subsequent heir make Gardening a designated skill and be able to count the full 10 points (plus two for maxing the skill)?
    - In a similar vein, if a founder/heir has counted two points from leveling up in a secondary skill (i.e. Guitar), could a subsequent heir use Guitar as his/her designated skill and be able to count the full 10 points (plus two for maxing the skill), or could he/she only count eight points (plus two for maxing the skill)?
    - If a founder/heir has counted three points in a secondary skill, a subsequent heir could have the same secondary skill but only begin counting points once he/she reaches level four?

If a founder/heir counts any points as his/her designated skill, then that skill cannot be used as a designated skill by a subsequent heir. However, a subsequent heir can gain levels in any skill and can max any skill, including skills previously maxed by a heir. If your founder has points in a skill but doesn't use it as a designated skill, then the heir is free to use it as a designated skill. Your founder/heir starts counting points in the designated skill when he/she gets married and moves in with a spouse.

-To answer your question about Gardening, your founder wouldn't have any points in Gardening before moving out. He might be at level 3, in which case if he decided to make Gardening a designated skill, he would start counting points at level 4.
- Regarding the Guitar question, if the founder maxed Guitar but didn't use it as a designated skill, then a subsequent heir could use it as a designated skill.
- As for your 3rd point, if the skill wasn't a designated skill, then the subsequent heir can begin counting at 1; if it was a designated skill, then the heir only gets points for maxing it.

2. The 10 museum items must be unique to a particular Sim; however, the items themselves don't have to be different. For example, if my Sim decided to catch frogs and happened to catch two of the same frog, he/she could count the two frogs of the same breed as two items towards his/her museum collection?

That's right. You could have 10 Whirlyflower frogs in your collection. But no other heir could make a collection of frogs.

3. Founders and heirs only have to paint portraits of other household members, but they don't have to paint portraits of themselves, correct? Their portraits will be taken care of by the next generation, if I understand the rules correctly.

That's right.

4. Are we able to click on non-controlled Sims to be able to look at their traits, skills, career, etc., or would this be considered controlling a non-controlled Sim?

Checking the non-controlled Sims' traits, skills, and even needs is fine. In fact, I'd say it's necessary with toddlers.

Apologies for the lengthy questions! I just want to ensure I understand everything correctly.  :) Thank you again!

Great questions, and I hope you do well!

@reggiko, yes, passing out for any reason, including a vampire bite, is a -1.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2017, 03:11:33 AM »
I agree that checking the other sims in your household is a super useful thing to do. It lets you know when to take breaks, or lure sims to do another activity. It's very powerful combined with the parenting skill.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2017, 02:49:42 PM »
@LenaLJ

Hi Lena, I noticed that singing is not included in the spreadsheet for the designated skill.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2017, 09:28:23 AM »
@LenaLJ

Hi Lena, I noticed that singing is not included in the spreadsheet for the designated skill.

Thanks reggikko. I do think all spreadsheets need to be gone through with all the new packs.
So i planned to do this when Pets comes out, and will add singing to my notes.

In the meantime you can always overwrite it manually :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2017, 01:16:32 PM »
I have a question about parties. If a party is started during the free day but completes after the free day is over, would the point count or does the entire party have to happen on a non-free day in order to count?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2017, 01:27:47 PM »
I have a question about parties. If a party is started during the free day but completes after the free day is over, would the point count or does the entire party have to happen on a non-free day in order to count?

Yes, you can count a party that starts on a free day but doesn't complete until the free day is over.