Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 129721 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #225 on: December 14, 2017, 02:34:39 PM »
@Trip

LOL XD Whoops.  I actually did know that, about hanging out.  Just wanted to double check ^^ Figure it wouldn't hurt to ask.  I've read the rules a half dozens times or more now all the way through.  I think I understand all of them, but there are always those moments of doubt and confusion.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #226 on: December 14, 2017, 04:37:46 PM »
@MarianT

Thanks ^^ That's what I figured.  Just wanted to check. I'm currently setting up the template now.  One other quick clarification.  We can't count anything for points until after they've moved right?  For instance, if I start with a Sim and they gain 400 aspiration points, we can't count the point for a 1000 satisfaction points until they gain 1400 right?  I understood everything else, I think, but since satisfaction tends to accumulate pretty quickly, wanted to clarify.

Yes, you can't start counting points until after you move the Sim out. So if the Sim starts with 400 than you'd have to wait until 1400. On the flip side, you can buy reward traits like Steel Bladder before your Sim moves out.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #227 on: December 14, 2017, 08:08:53 PM »
@MarianT
Thanks for clarifying.  D'oh!  I wish I had thought about that last part. XD Was so paranoid about doing things right, I didn't buy anything at all...

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2017, 04:31:38 PM »
I keep going back and forth about asking this question because I feel like it should be obvious to me.  Maybe it's just that time of year for me.  Working retail before Christmas seems to just turn my brain to mush XD  So I am going to ask it as a just in case thing, especially since I'm used to the Immortal Dynasty rules and I think I tend to assume the rules are the same for this one.

For the unique aspiration rule.  Does that apply only to the heirs and not the founder?  My question is: my founder has Painter Extraordinaire as their aspiration and I was toying with the idea that they all had to do Painter Extraordinaire as their aspiration, plus another one.  But if my founder only completes Painter Extraordinaire, does that mean she would not have a unique aspiration?  I think my confusion comes in because there isn't a spot on the spreadsheet for the unique aspiration, just completed aspirations, skills, jobs.  So I'm not sure if it's just referring to the heirs needing to complete a different aspiration from everyone or if it's like the Immortal Dynasty and they must all be unique.  Apologies if this doesn't make sense.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2017, 06:47:49 PM »
Hopefully, your brain won't completely turn to mush. Once an adult aspiration has been completed, it's off the table for all subsequent generations. However, your Sims can gain their 50 points without completing any aspirations at all. So if your founder works on Painter Extraordinaire but doesn't complete it, the heir could choose it. Keep in mind, though, that you can't change aspirations until one has been completed.f

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2017, 09:06:54 PM »
Oh, so once an aspiration is completed, it can't be used ever again? I didn't even think of it that way. I just thought of it like the Immortal dynasty where there could be shared aspirations.  Oh my... ok, glad I did ask XD

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2017, 11:53:45 PM »
I've just read through all the pages in this thread but am still uncertain about how aspirations work for new household members.

If a founder/heir moves in with a new household, are we stuck with the household members' default aspirations until we complete them?
For example, if a founder moved in with the Karaoke Legends household in San Myshuno, would Akira (Curator), Miko (Serial Romantic), and Darling (Chief of Mischief) need to complete their initial aspirations before switching to another?

The answer is no doubt YES, but I'd just like to make sure.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #232 on: December 19, 2017, 08:36:51 AM »
I've just read through all the pages in this thread but am still uncertain about how aspirations work for new household members.

If a founder/heir moves in with a new household, are we stuck with the household members' default aspirations until we complete them?
For example, if a founder moved in with the Karaoke Legends household in San Myshuno, would Akira (Curator), Miko (Serial Romantic), and Darling (Chief of Mischief) need to complete their initial aspirations before switching to another?

The answer is no doubt YES, but I'd just like to make sure.

Sorry, oshizu, the answer is yes.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2017, 12:33:13 PM »
Thank you for clarifying. I did re-read the first several generations of your TenGen Townie Dynasty story after posting my question.
I realize that I need to get out of the mindset of completing aspirations as a challenge requirement... :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2017, 02:59:46 PM »
@MarianT

Just making sure I understand it completely, so apologies!  So, since my founder starts with Painter Extraordinaire, if she completes it, no other heir can complete it (even if they complete an aspiration before it).  I'm just curious about the rationale behind it.  Especially since we can't change an aspiration until one is complete.  If I'm understanding the ruling on it correctly, that means that no aspiration can be completed by an heir, even if they've completed a unique already?  In other words, even if an heir completes Joke Star where no one else has, they still couldn't complete Computer Whiz if their father (the previous heir) completed it as an extra aspiration?  I get the unique aspect, but think I'm having issues with getting it to go through my head with other aspirations, having shared ones.  So perhaps it's easier to ask if it is possible to have shared aspirations between the heirs?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: December 19, 2017, 10:50:49 PM »
@MarianT

Just making sure I understand it completely, so apologies!  So, since my founder starts with Painter Extraordinaire, if she completes it, no other heir can complete it (even if they complete an aspiration before it).  I'm just curious about the rationale behind it.  Especially since we can't change an aspiration until one is complete.  If I'm understanding the ruling on it correctly, that means that no aspiration can be completed by an heir, even if they've completed a unique already?  In other words, even if an heir completes Joke Star where no one else has, they still couldn't complete Computer Whiz if their father (the previous heir) completed it as an extra aspiration?  I get the unique aspect, but think I'm having issues with getting it to go through my head with other aspirations, having shared ones.  So perhaps it's easier to ask if it is possible to have shared aspirations between the heirs?

You can have shared aspirations, as long as no heir completes the aspiration. There's no requirement in the Ten-Gen Dynasty to complete an aspiration at all. You could have your founder work on the Painter aspiration up until the point where she is at level 10 with 4 masterpieces, and quit painting at that point. She would pick up the points from gaining satisfaction, but would not get the 2 points for completing the aspiration. Her heir could do the same, and so could the next 7, with the last one completing it, if you wanted. The Ten-Gen Dynasty is more about controlling only one Sim in the household than it is about completing requirements. It's quite possible that your founder could hand off to the next generation without maxing a career or skill or completing an aspiration.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #236 on: December 19, 2017, 11:14:41 PM »
I find it easier to just choose a different aspiration for each heir so I don't have to worry about an accidental completion. To be honest, I don't generally even worry much about them completing an aspiration or even getting a lot of satisfaction points at all since with toddlers and the additional time and points they bring, it's hard not to get 50 points too soon. I've even deliberately stopped working on completing childhood aspirations unless I can do it on a free day to avoid the points.

The one thing that I would LOVE is if we could grow heirs up as soon as we have 50 points. The addition of toddlers makes the challenge just a bit too long.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #237 on: December 20, 2017, 10:22:58 AM »
@MarianT and @reggikko

Thanks so much for the advice!  I really need to get out of the Immortal Dynasty mindset XD I guess I'm just so used to completing aspirations I can't seem to completely disengage from that part or at least fathom myself disengaging heh.  I appreciate the help.  I'm also having to get used to NOT micromanaging and it's been interesting so far.  May actually let me relax during other games! lol

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #238 on: December 20, 2017, 11:40:14 AM »
I find it easier to just choose a different aspiration for each heir so I don't have to worry about an accidental completion. To be honest, I don't generally even worry much about them completing an aspiration or even getting a lot of satisfaction points at all since with toddlers and the additional time and points they bring, it's hard not to get 50 points too soon. I've even deliberately stopped working on completing childhood aspirations unless I can do it on a free day to avoid the points.

The one thing that I would LOVE is if we could grow heirs up as soon as we have 50 points. The addition of toddlers makes the challenge just a bit too long.

Early age-up is an idea we might consider, reggiko. I'll bring it up with the team.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #239 on: December 20, 2017, 11:53:47 AM »
Thanks!

Early age-up is an idea we might consider, reggiko. I'll bring it up with the team.

anything