Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1251135 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4725 on: February 19, 2014, 09:50:18 AM »
Welcome Sindocat and fellow Ohioan. 

I live in the state also and I love the hills surrounding my home area.  Makes for interesting weather   :) 

Offline lada

• Nooboo
« Reply #4726 on: February 22, 2014, 12:14:31 AM »
Hello fellow simmers,
Great to read so many entries.... and a bit impossible of course! so many,
but I intend to forge ahead because I would appreciate meeting some sims 3 players with whom to share ideas and trouble-shooting and just simple chatting.
On the sims 3 website, my moniker is cosmoblivion.
In "real life" my work is as a family nurse practitioner, mother, sweetheart, dog lover, artist, poet/writer, website healthcare blogger/content writer. My kids and I began playing computer games early; our first major addiction being the first Everquest game. Besides the great fun in-game of experiencing all the worlds, we met people around the world.
My kids also played the sims from the first games and kept telling me to join in, that this game is definitely "mom's type of game" ...so I finally gave in just in time for sims 3. It has actually taken awhile for me to build up steam to playing it, only because of life demands. But once I began, the designing of sims and, especially, the designing of homes and properties stole attention. The "game" is a thorough joy for me. Recently, I added World Adventures, which has added a great deal of fun to the sims play. I am looking forward to learning how to make my own worlds next.
So that is my introduction. Only one more thing to add: I enjoy meeting folks from all walks of life.
Happy simming!
Lada

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #4727 on: February 22, 2014, 03:46:20 PM »
Welcome, Lada!

Yes, I love the design aspects of the game, too - what my sister half-seriously calls "dolly dress-up". I have learned so much already from Carl's site - anything you want to do in-game, someone probably has some solid advice. Also, I find that this is a friendly and mature forum, which at my age I certainly appreciate.

Sounds like you have a very full and fulfilling life! Enjoy your Simming, when you find time for it. :D
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline lada

• Nooboo
« Reply #4728 on: February 23, 2014, 03:54:27 AM »
Welcome, Lada!

Yes, I love the design aspects of the game, too - what my sister half-seriously calls "dolly dress-up". I have learned so much already from Carl's site - anything you want to do in-game, someone probably has some solid advice. Also, I find that this is a friendly and mature forum, which at my age I certainly appreciate.

Sounds like you have a very full and fulfilling life! Enjoy your Simming, when you find time for it. :D

Sindocat,
You are so kind to reply to my message. Thank you.
This Carl's site seems very friendly and I feel grateful to have recognized this is the place to meet folks actively engaged in the game.
Again, sincere gratitude for your personal reply.
Lada

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4729 on: February 23, 2014, 08:15:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum, lada.  As Sindocat remarked, it really sounds as if you have a very full and fulfilling life.  Glad you've joined us here to share in the Sims part of it.  And one aspect of your post stood out for me - it's always nice to meet a fellow dog-lover! 

I hope you'll enjoy the forum.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline MelHunt182

• Nooboo
« Reply #4730 on: February 26, 2014, 06:40:20 PM »
Hi everyone. I'm Mel, an 18 year old girl from London. I've been playing sims since I was 11 or 12, starting with sims 2 and now sims 3. I've been a lurker on this site for a while but never actually joined and posted until now. I try to play most evenings, but I'm a full time college student doing A Levels and I'm going to university this September to study animal management, so I do have a busy life. Sims is my way of relaxing and I'm so happy to finally join the community and talk to some of you lovely people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4731 on: February 26, 2014, 07:04:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Mel.  I hope you'll enjoy the time you spend here.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline VioletG

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4732 on: March 01, 2014, 06:56:56 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum but old to the Sims. I have played every version of the Sims so far and looking forward to the next. I played the Sims 3 through the World Adventures expansion during a time when I was unemployed and had a lot of time to kill with the game. Then I got a new part-time job and even though it was only part time, I had to work really hard to to prove myself there, become a full time employee, get a raise, and get promoted. In the meantime, my life has settled down to where I have it in a comfortable routine and then stumbled across mentions of the Sims 4 coming out. I got really excited about the Sims again and decided to reinstall Sims 3 while I wait for the next one, and have gotten hooked all over again.

Reading over these forums and checking out everyone's stories and projects inspired me to join up and create a project of my own to work on during the wait for the next one. I'm doing a lifetime wish legacy project where I have started a family and will attempt to fulfill all of the lifetime wishes (except the ones I really don't want to do - no sense doing ones that won't be fun). I'm starting out with just the base game and Seasons and will add the other expansions as I go, if I have time for them. I'll be setting up a thread in the projects forum, so look for the Greythorn project if you'd like to check it out. :)

Other than that I will mostly just be checking out others' stories getting great ideas from them.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #4733 on: March 02, 2014, 02:03:10 AM »
Welcome to the forum VioletG! I'll be sure to check out your story! :) This forum is a great place for hosting them as you can get a lot of support from fellow writers/readers!

Offline VioletG

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4734 on: March 02, 2014, 03:45:55 AM »
Thank you Livvie! I will also be checking out your story ... it looks very interesting. I hope you get your technical glitches solved so you can keep going!

Offline GoldenRetriever

• Nooboo
« Reply #4735 on: March 04, 2014, 09:11:55 AM »
Hello people,

I'm Jeremie, I'll turn 34 years old next 8th of may ! Yes I'm an old chap playing the Sims 3 : a bit embarrassing isn't it ? I like playing the game except some annoying bugs like the error code 12 for example : that thing is turning me nuts. I play the game most of the time on my MacBook Pro Retina 15" ( late 2013 configs ). I have all the additional disks.  I live in Brussels ( Belgium ). I'm unemployed. I'm single, isolated and orphan ( Got no family anymore as both my parents are dead ( Father killed himself when I was 15 years old 1/2 and my mother died of the Parkinson disease the 17th of July 2010 ( the family I still have left don't care about me at all ) ). I suffer of depression, very severe anxiety disorders, agoraphobia and since a few years I'm struggling with alcoholism. At the other side, I love dogs as you can see by my nickname, I love sports ( I used to play football ( soccer ) when I was a kid and a teenager but I had to stop because of destroyed knees : kneecaps very prone to dislocations ( had more than 150 in my life ) but I'm fan of Chelsea FC ( since 1997 ), KV Kortrijk, RSC Anderlecht, I like to watch cycling, tennis and snooker ) ), I love listening to music ( mostly Dance, EuroDance, Trance, EuroTrance, Techno, some Evanescence like of music and also some French music ). I'm Christian. I don't want to tell you what my qualities are nor my flaws : I just want people discovering them. What I hate : unfaithfulness, liars, hypocrites, narcissistic, ass-licking and dishonest people.  That already was a bit about me.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4736 on: March 04, 2014, 09:35:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum, VioletG and GoldenRetriever. 

GoldenRetriever, your name definitely caught my eye, as a dog lover.  You may perhaps be familiar with the Schipperke breed, as they originated in Belgium.  I have four of them.  Anyway, this isn't the place to talk about my dogs, although I tend to do so at every possible opportunity  ::), so I'll just say I hope you'll both enjoy the forum, VioletG and Golden Retriever!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #4737 on: March 04, 2014, 11:06:17 AM »
A big, warm welcome to VioletG, GoldenRetriever, and the others! :)

@ GoldenRetriever -  There are a good number of us in our thirties and above. You're only a few months older than I am. :P That's one of the awesome things about this forum--there are people of all ages and from many different walks of life. It's a fun group, and I hope that you enjoy it here!

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4738 on: March 04, 2014, 03:21:47 PM »
@RaiaDraconis and GoldenRetriever

I have you both beat, I am 58, married with two adult "kids" three grandchildren one who just became a teenager. Have a Weime (don't ask me to spell the breeds name, I do well to pronounce it right   ;)  breeds nickname is Grey Ghost  ) who's name is Ash and we have nicknamed monster and furball who is a mixed breed.  Reason for monster, most of our dogs have been toys, so to us he is kinda big.  The mixed is around 10 inches tall and around 12 lbs, he weights 85 lbs and furball runs under his stomach.  And guess which one of them is the boss?  Furball, of course.   

Back on topic, welcome to the forum, you will find many here from all over the world and the members here are great people. 

Offline GoldenRetriever

• Nooboo
« Reply #4739 on: March 04, 2014, 08:54:07 PM »
I see there are some dogs lovers here : that's already a great point at my side with people ! My heart melt when I see Golden Retrievers dogs and even more puppies ! Thx all for your warm welcome messages but about writing Sims 3 stories, I'm sorry : I'm not good at them at all !

anything