Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 557154 times)

Offline Mortimer Goth

• NPC
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4800 on: June 07, 2014, 10:50:56 PM »
My name is Mortimer Goth and I was born in Sunset Valley.

My parents are Gunther Goth and Cornelia Crumplebottom. I am married to Bella Goth and have two children: Cassandra and Alexander.

Offline simsatmosphere

• NPC
« Reply #4801 on: June 08, 2014, 03:18:53 AM »
Hi everyone :). I am Simatmosphere. just wanted to pop in and say hello! I am a huge sims fan and i know this may upset some but i have a youtube channel where i play sims 3 let's plays and fun challenges. I'm not new by any means i have over 3,000 subscribers i just wanted to let you all know incase you were looking for new let's plays to watch :). I have a very supportive fan base and would love for it to grow! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5gMqqeaed2l2OSfLY7oPxQ check me out if you would like :).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CMacenzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #4802 on: June 08, 2014, 11:17:53 PM »
Not sure what to say really  :P Name's Charlie. VERY new to the Sims. Basically just trying stuff out and playing around  :) I apologize in advance for stupid questions I probably will ask lol
Understanding others, will help you become whole.

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4803 on: June 09, 2014, 06:28:31 AM »
A big hello from the Southern Hemisphere!

I'm FyreByrde (naturally), and I hail from the bottom tip of Africa. I've been an on-and-off fan of The Sims, since the very first The Sims. (Mostly my fandom has been tempered by general lack of funds to really vamp up my PC, or expand my game, over the years.)

I'm now running World adventures coupled with Island Paradise using the daughter of my original Sim and a re-animated ghost, and loving every moment! In fact I'm loving it so much, I almost don't want Sims 4 to come out yet. LOL

I stumbled across Carl's guides for Sims 3, while searching in frustration for a helpful collection hint. And every question I've had about Sims 3, ever since, has brought me back either to the guides, or to this forum - so I figured I'd join, because you lot look like a fun bunch of people to be around (so to speak).  :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4804 on: June 10, 2014, 02:33:13 AM »
Hi everyone :). I am Simatmosphere. just wanted to pop in and say hello! I am a huge sims fan and i know this may upset some but i have a youtube channel where i play sims 3 let's plays and fun challenges. I'm not new by any means i have over 3,000 subscribers i just wanted to let you all know incase you were looking for new let's plays to watch :). I have a very supportive fan base and would love for it to grow! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5gMqqeaed2l2OSfLY7oPxQ check me out if you would like :).

Welcome to our Forum.

I hope you plan to actually be part of the community and not join just to promote your YouTube channel.  That's a little spammy, actually. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Lynne563

• NPC
« Reply #4805 on: June 10, 2014, 09:32:17 AM »
Hello! My name is Lynne, I have been trying to play the Sims 3 for 12 months, I did buy the Sims 2 but I don't like it much, I have been coming to this site for quite awhile for help everytime I got stuck and advice, I thought it was time to ask if I could join :)

Thank you very much for letting me join :)

Offline GenuineGem

• Nooboo
  • Sims Overlord
    • OuiSims
« Reply #4806 on: June 10, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »
Greetings, everyone!

I've brought cookies *hands out cookies* but if someone could spare an Ambrosia recipe that would be great  ;D

I'm GenuineGem (I go by the same handle on the official forums too, and in the past [TS1/TS2] have been TheCaringCat). I've been coming to CS3G for, shall we say, a long time  ::) . It's been the most helpful guide ever and such a pleasure to use + recommend. I've been a lurker on the forums but would really like to step-up and become a proper part of this community, starting with that tournament... *excited dance*

Okay a little about me: I'm from South Africa and studying medicine here. I've actively been playing The Sims since I was 6 or 7 years old-- I'm 18 now (actually 16 days away from 19 :D ), so Sims has been with me for a while. Sims is honestly a pillar of my identity, so I get a bit of a +10 moodlet when I interact with other Sims fans.

My traits are: ambitious, excitable, bookworm, computer whiz, and good sense of humour. (I did this as an exercise with a friend at it was actually pretty fun  :D )
I'm interested in everything to do with the game, really. I build houses, make Sims, have been a storyteller (my earlier days  ;D ), etc.

Thanks to Carl and Pam for being so fantastic and I look forward to interacting with you all!

++
GG

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GenuineGem

• Nooboo
  • Sims Overlord
    • OuiSims
« Reply #4807 on: June 10, 2014, 10:52:16 AM »
A big hello from the Southern Hemisphere!

I'm FyreByrde (naturally), and I hail from the bottom tip of Africa. I've been an on-and-off fan of The Sims, since the very first The Sims. (Mostly my fandom has been tempered by general lack of funds to really vamp up my PC, or expand my game, over the years.)...

Are you from SA too? :D :D :D

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4808 on: June 10, 2014, 10:54:50 AM »

Are you from SA too? :D :D :D

Yebo! Hailing from the Mother City.  :D You?

Offline GenuineGem

• Nooboo
  • Sims Overlord
    • OuiSims
« Reply #4809 on: June 10, 2014, 11:01:48 AM »
Yebo! Hailing from the Mother City.  :D You?

... Me too :O This is so exciting.
++

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4810 on: June 10, 2014, 11:07:55 AM »

... Me too :O This is so exciting.
++

LOL. I figured there were other gamers in Cape Town, just not so much on an American site.  :) So, if you're a med student, I take it you're at UCT?

Offline GenuineGem

• Nooboo
  • Sims Overlord
    • OuiSims
« Reply #4811 on: June 10, 2014, 11:14:56 AM »
LOL. I figured there were other gamers in Cape Town, just not so much on an American site.  :) So, if you're a med student, I take it you're at UCT?

Heh, don't burn me with fire but I'm actually a Matie  ::)  What about you? Tell me (and the rest of the forum  ;D) about yourself :)

Offline GenuineGem

• Nooboo
  • Sims Overlord
    • OuiSims
« Reply #4812 on: June 10, 2014, 12:04:47 PM »
Hello! My name is Lynne, I have been trying to play the Sims 3 for 12 months, I did buy the Sims 2 but I don't like it much, I have been coming to this site for quite awhile for help everytime I got stuck and advice, I thought it was time to ask if I could join :)

Thank you very much for letting me join :)

Welcome to the forum, Lynne! Drop a message if you're ever stuck/need advice :) Between all of our years of experience we should hopefully be able to help you out  ;D

++
GG

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4813 on: June 11, 2014, 07:01:49 AM »
Heh, don't burn me with fire but I'm actually a Matie  ::)  What about you? Tell me (and the rest of the forum  ;D) about yourself :)

Oh the horror! A matie in our midst! LOL Nah, I actually went to Rhodes, so I don't get mixed up in the politics. But would it surprise you if I said that that was 10 years ago?
That's right people, I'm an (increasingly) old gamer.  :D

Offline GenuineGem

• Nooboo
  • Sims Overlord
    • OuiSims
« Reply #4814 on: June 11, 2014, 10:19:09 AM »
Oh the horror! A matie in our midst! LOL Nah, I actually went to Rhodes, so I don't get mixed up in the politics. But would it surprise you if I said that that was 10 years ago?
That's right people, I'm an (increasingly) old gamer.  :D

The politics are so unnecessary, but they'll always be there (unfortunately). Most of my friends are at UCT, so I've become accustomed to being the lone-Stellies-ranger at gatherings  :P
"Old"? I think you mean experienced ;) Actually, I was going through the calendar and it seems like the mean age is lurking in the 20s-- there aren't as many under-20 users on here, interestingly enough.

++
GG

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4815 on: June 11, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »
The politics are so unnecessary, but they'll always be there (unfortunately). Most of my friends are at UCT, so I've become accustomed to being the lone-Stellies-ranger at gatherings  :P
"Old"? I think you mean experienced ;) Actually, I was going through the calendar and it seems like the mean age is lurking in the 20s-- there aren't as many under-20 users on here, interestingly enough.

++
GG

Awwww....thanks dear! "Experienced" sounds way better than "pushing the big three-oh"  ;D
Anyways, happy gaming, and I hope to help where possible. (Though honestly I'm still a bit of a grasshopper, when it comes to the new EP systems that have been introduced.)

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
« Reply #4816 on: June 11, 2014, 11:00:25 PM »
*waves at everyone*

So I finally got around to posting here and introducing myself.

I'm Ivane.

*waits for y'all to say "Hello, Ivane!" *

*crickets chirping*

Wow. Tough crowd.

Anyway, hello everyone. Loved Sims since I ever got introduced to them. Loved the progression of what we can do as players from Sims to Sims 2 to Sims 3. That being said, I was going nuts last night when a friend asked help from me to install Sims 2 on her spiffy brand new laptop. Apparently Sims 2 has trouble making friends with Windows 8 and Intel Graphics cards. The resolution of the game is atrocious, a lot less better than my old clunky laptop used to have back in college. Grr. I know... that totally came out of the blue, but it's what's on my mind so I figured I'd just throw it out there.

Oh. And yes. I'm a freelance writer, and I guess I can be quite random... Obviously. Well, enough talking to virtual air.

Bow. Thank you, thank you!

Offline MatthewTaylor

• NPC
« Reply #4817 on: June 13, 2014, 08:29:43 PM »
Hello everyone!!  My name is Matthew.. Kinda new to the Sims, but loving it.  I played simcity for a long time and ultima online even longer.  Looking forward to chatting with some and annoying others with noobified questions lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

Offline GenuineGem

• Nooboo
  • Sims Overlord
    • OuiSims
« Reply #4818 on: June 16, 2014, 04:21:44 PM »
*waves at everyone*

So I finally got around to posting here and introducing myself.

I'm Ivane.

*waits for y'all to say "Hello, Ivane!" *

*crickets chirping*

Wow. Tough crowd.

Anyway, hello everyone. Loved Sims since I ever got introduced to them. Loved the progression of what we can do as players from Sims to Sims 2 to Sims 3. That being said, I was going nuts last night when a friend asked help from me to install Sims 2 on her spiffy brand new laptop. Apparently Sims 2 has trouble making friends with Windows 8 and Intel Graphics cards. The resolution of the game is atrocious, a lot less better than my old clunky laptop used to have back in college. Grr. I know... that totally came out of the blue, but it's what's on my mind so I figured I'd just throw it out there.

Oh. And yes. I'm a freelance writer, and I guess I can be quite random... Obviously. Well, enough talking to virtual air.

Bow. Thank you, thank you!

*waves*
Hey, Ivane! Have a cookie *throws cookies*
Officially welcome then!
Out of the blue is better than... out of the red? (wat  ;D ) Thanks for sharing though, I was considering installing TS2 on my laptop, but what if it just throws a tantrum?  :-\
Tell us of your writing! Do you write articles or more fictional stuff? *gathers for story time*
*applause*

++
GG

Hello everyone!!  My name is Matthew.. Kinda new to the Sims, but loving it.  I played simcity for a long time and ultima online even longer.  Looking forward to chatting with some and annoying others with noobified questions lol

Welcome, Matthew  :)
Glad to hear you're enjoying the game we all hold so dearly  ;D I've only ever played the latest SimCity, have you played the older ones? If you play both, how do they compare? I'm interested because a lot of my SimCity friends say that the older games were better because of the larger map sizes etc.
We look forward to chatting and answering noobified questions  :D

++
GG

Offline MatthewTaylor

• NPC
« Reply #4819 on: June 16, 2014, 05:20:19 PM »
I like the bigger maps, but there's a rather interesting challenge involved with specializing the regions.  I enjoy that as much as mega cities!!

Using Tapatalk

Offline Allegra

• NPC
« Reply #4820 on: June 17, 2014, 09:50:48 AM »
Hello.

I've been lurking here for years and today decided that I should finally register and join the crowd.
I was introduced to the Sims series by Sims 2 and since then I have been actively playing the games and just enjoying the ride.
Since Sims 4 will be upon us soon I just finally felt that I should become a member here. I've been on several Sims forums for quite some time so why not here too.

Let's see what the future brings.

Thank you for this wonderful forum that has entertained me and been informative about various things.
And Carl, fantastic job on the guide. Bet you're sick of hearing people say that though.  :D

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
« Reply #4821 on: June 19, 2014, 11:52:52 PM »
*waves*
Hey, Ivane! Have a cookie *throws cookies*
Officially welcome then!
Out of the blue is better than... out of the red? (wat  ;D ) Thanks for sharing though, I was considering installing TS2 on my laptop, but what if it just throws a tantrum?  :-\
Tell us of your writing! Do you write articles or more fictional stuff? *gathers for story time*
*applause*

++
GG
Hi, GG! Thanks for the cookies... and the welcome (but more the cookies)! I actually installed TS2 in my laptop and it's working great so far. My sister likes to play it more than Sims 3. She says she panics with having to play the whole neighborhood. One house is enough, she says. O_o

AH well... I've been ghostwriting novels over the past two years, so yeah it's more along the fictional side. Though my current ghostwriting project is a memoir - which is so difficult to do compared to just making up a fictional story. Anyway, I'm an aspiring author who is using sims 3 and writing sims stories to cure my writer's block and just try to bring back the fun in writing. :) I've been seeing it as too much of work lately... *le sigh*

Offline Kathykins

• Llama Wrangler
    • S & M Builders (TS1)
« Reply #4822 on: June 23, 2014, 08:02:05 AM »
Hi everyone

I'm Kathy and I have been hanging around here a good while now, and read most of the guides on the site. Thought I'd finally step out of lurking and properly join the forums.

I started playing Sims in the summer of 2000, and have been hooked since then, with a few breaks in between. I also played TSO back in the day, before it was cancelled. Very good times. Now I'm enjoying TS3 maybe a little TOO much!

OK, back to browsing for me. Great stuff to be found here, learned a lot \o
I wake up every day planning to be productive, but a voice in my head says 'hahaha good one' and we laugh and laugh and take a nap.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #4823 on: June 23, 2014, 08:07:17 AM »
Welcome to the madhouse!

Wow... TSO... I remember playing that too in around 2000. I sucked at it.

Offline godwit

• NPC
« Reply #4824 on: June 27, 2014, 10:29:01 AM »
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to the site and TS3, I recently took advantage of a sale on Origin and purchased the starter pack (with Late Night) and Pets. I want to expand my collection! I'm just having so much fun!
I did play a ton of The Sims 2 and the original Sims mostly on friends computers because I didn't have one! Now I am a full-grown adult and can play at my own convenience :)