Author Topic: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story  (Read 123805 times)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story
« Reply #405 on: September 20, 2022, 10:58:29 PM »
Bella certainly adds drama to the family, that's for sure!

Gitches, fixes and work arounds are all part of Sims!
And my TJ game didn't crash even with half the town on the lot.

No, it waited to do that in my Farmacy game right after an important event!
Thankfully, the event not only repeated itself on the replay, but gave me a happy bonus. :)
So, all's well that ends well.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 376: Defying the Odds
« Reply #406 on: September 23, 2022, 07:43:37 AM »

Gianni heads to the consignment store and drops off his most recent paintings.

Then he starts playing new guitar compositions, one after the other.

He finishes by playing the Master Track he received as a reward and claps excitedly.

"Congratulations, Gianni! It is quite the accomplishment."

"It is, Watcher, but I'm more excited about getting to move out now!"

And with those words, Gianni races home to find Ara and pack.

I catch up with Tabatha as she's attending a party at the Kelly home, but since she's the only guest, she just chats with Sean on the porch.

It might have been dull for a party but at least we got to see their daughter Maeve in her toddler cuteness and note that she inherited Sean's hair color not Ava's gray/blue.

Their hair looks blonde in photos but it's actually pink according to SimsWiki.

I'll guess we'll find out in the coming weeks as she ages up.

I also found out that the house the Kelly family lives in is really odd with the upstairs only having two bathrooms and the rest open to a balcony with arches!

I did my best to turn it into a small bedroom for Maeve, but it wasn't easy, and I forgot to take photos!

I arrive back at the house and find Gianni and Ara upstairs in their bedroom.

"Was that a lullaby I just heard!?!"

Gianni stops dead in his tracks at my question.

Ara shoots Gianni a look and says, "That would be impossible, Watcher! There's only one space in the household and Tabatha's expecting!"

I don't bother arguing, but I do a quick check and NRaas confirms that Ara's pregnant!

I'm confused but keep the information to myself and get on with moving them out.

Into this fantastic home called Cari, that was modeled after an existing home here in DV by none other than MrsFlynn!

It's the home that Jade and Pal moved into when they moved out and I've finally gotten a photo of it in daylight.

Jade and Pal haven't started a family yet, but they have adopted a kitten they named Ichabod.

Cari's so beautiful and spacious the two couples shouldn't have a problem living together.

I furnished the interior and, luckily, added a nursery so Ara and Gianni should be all set.

If I get any other baby news, I'll make sure and give them the appropriate furnishings.

Though SP has a tendency to split up families even when the house is large enough for all of them.

I zoom in to chat with Ara and Gianni, only to find that Ara's changed her clothes again.

Not into maternity wear, as it's too soon for that, but into a different outfit.

I'm tempted to tell them they're going to be parents, but decide they'll find out soon enough.

"So, what do you think of your new place?"

"It's beautiful, Watcher!"

"And big!" adds Gianni, "Plenty of space for an art gallery! I like it!"

"Well, just because you're not living in the main family home, doesn't mean you can't keep in touch."

"Oh, we'll visit, Watcher. And you and the family can visit us, too."

"Count on it, Ara! We'll be keeping tabs on all of you. Maybe not every day, but I don't forget family."

Back at the house, Lee is feverishly working on his second Simbot.

"What's your hurry? You've got plenty of time to complete your lifetime wish."

"Time, yes. But now there are three open spaces in the house! Adding a Simbot will bring it down to two!"

"Good thinking! Two nooboos is plenty!"

When Lee is finished, Simbot Cruz joins the family!

Lee looks at his new creation with pride as I say, "Welcome to Dragon Valley, Cruz!"

"Felicitations to you, voice-from-nowhere. I am at this family's service, but my dream is to become an Alchemy Artisan. Is this something I may pursue?"

"Of course, Cruz, you're free to do anything you'd like. There are plenty of ingredients for alchemy in the family chests and you can plant more in the garden whenever you need them."

With a Simbot reducing the household space to two, Lee and Tabatha relax, settle down on the couch together, and read baby books.

I go with Lorelei to visit the newly added family.

Cinda greets Lorelei and excitedly says, "Mom, just think, this baby could be the first fairy born in this town! Rory's always wanted more children and we thought that would happen when we moved out of the family home back in Hidden Springs, but it never did. And we're not even in Dragon Valley a day and I'm pregnant! There may not be supernaturals here besides baby dragons, but there's definitely powerful magic at work."

Before Lorelei or I can respond, I'm whisked back to the main house!

Tabatha is in labor!

Lee doesn't even panic, he just claps excitedly at the birth of their first child.

I quickly have Lorelei return home and send Dane and Bella to the living room.

When he arrives, Dane doesn't panic either.

He just calmly chats with Lee as they both think of becoming a grandfather and father, respectively.

But Lorelei freaks out as soon as she gets home!

Bella, who's finally managed to tear herself away from the archery range, adds her own voice to the chaos as she shrieks, "She's having the baby! Don't just stand there, you two. Do something!"

But, of course, no one does.

By the time the newest Frio enters the world, all the family has left the room.

Leaving Tabatha alone to cuddle her son, cooing, "Welcome to the family, Cameron."

How sweet, Tabatha found a way to honor her dad after all.

Upon placing Cameron in his crib, Tabatha immediately goes into labor again!

I smile and cross my fingers for a girl.

The box pops up and I quickly type in the name Tabatha and Lee chose for a girl, Taylee.

But as soon as I'm done, another name box pops up!

TRIPLETS!?! How on earth…

I quickly refer to Tabatha's list and type in 'Juliette', a variation of Tabatha's mother's name, Guila.

"Which one is she?"

A little pale, Tabatha whispers, "This is Juliette."

"Then where is Taylee?"

Before she can answer, Tabatha goes into labor again!

Wait. What???

Is this that dreaded birth loop I've read about!?!

When the box pops up this time, I think frantically, as we've only chosen two female names.

We've already done Arabella for Bella, so not going in that direction, especially since Tab would probably never forgive me for naming one of her daughters after Bella.

But what about naming a baby after Lorelei?

I check our other PC and one of the variations is 'Laurel', which I really like.

Then I remember that, back in MV, Cassidy named her first daughter Laurel, so that's out.

What about Layla?

I like it but change the spelling to more closely reflect Lorelei's name, Leila.

To my relief, another name box doesn't pop up.

And Tabatha is staring down at a very white little nooboo, rather wildly.

But I don't blame her, four babies, four!!!

"Which girl is she?"

"This one is Leila. I really like the name, Watcher! You do well under pressure. Naming her after Lorelei is perfect for a nooboo that's as pale as a ghost."

"That was just a coincidence. I'm just glad your labors stopped at four!"

"You and me both, Watcher! You and me both!"

"Well, you go find Taylee while I add some more cribs to the house. Three more certainly aren't going to fit in here."

I think about it for a minute and look around the house and decide I want the babies close to one another.

So, I move Bella and Dane's bedroom furniture into Ara and Gianni's old room upstairs and turn their room into a second nursery.

I take the two little sister half cribs out of storage, re-coloring the blue one pink.

And buying a third, re-coloring all the coverlets in a cute pink kitten print, the whole-time mumbling, "Quads, she had quads…"

In the nursery next door, Lorelei has picked up Juliette and she coos, "Well, you and Leila were sure a surprise! But a welcome one all the same, little one."

Now that I have a moment to take it all in, I say, "She's got good traits, too, as she loves the heat and the outdoors."

"At least she likes being outside."

"True. But Cameron and Leila don't! And they're both athletic too! Having ancestors in town is already influencing this generation. They hate the outdoors like Cinda and are athletic like Torre."

"That's probably a co-incidence, Watcher."

"Like your Aunt Marcy coming out of the time machine and being offered the chance at heirship when you were a teen and you getting 'no sense of humor' for your trait at young adult?"

"Point taken, Watcher. But at least hating the outdoors doesn't make other sims pass out after you bore them to death!"

"Or make you prone to scaring the daylights out of people, which we've had enough of this gen!"

Lorelei manages to get out of Cameron's nursery with Juliette before Lee arrives to pick up Leila.

With Dane and Bella on his heels and annoyed that there's no nooboo for them to cuddle.

As Lee holds Leila, he gives me a pointed look and says, "You said things in SimLand can defy the odds, Watcher, but are you sure you didn't do something?"

"Tabatha does have the Fertility Reward but she never watches TV, and I turned the kid's music off when she got to about 300% for twins, according to the NRaas relationship status. I've had sims with a 1000% only get a single nooboo."

"What were the odds for triplets?"

"They were low and with only two spaces in the house, I didn't really take note of them."

"What about quads? That's not natural…"

"No. But NRaas does give you a chance for them, something like 0.05%, so the odds aren't high for them at all. And there were only two spaces left in the house…but Ara got pregnant right before she moved out, so something odd is going on…unless…"

"Unless what, Watcher?"

"Unless I changed the setting in MC to allow more than 8 sims in a household. Let me check."

"Well?"

"I did! And I just read some other information in NRaas that says if it's allowed, then other pregnancies and multiples can happen, including quads, and the percentages aren't always accurate!"

"We already knew that! But it's you allowing more than 8 sims that caused this to start with."

"Well, do you want me to remove two of the nooboos?"

"No! That would just be…wrong! All four of them are now family! I was just confirming whose fault this is…"

That's when Bella screams in rage, "It's THAT GIRL'S fault, that's who! She just had to outdo me! I have triplets so what does she go and do? She has quads!"

"Please keep your voice down, Mother. It will disturb the babies."

As Leila starts to fuss, Lee jiggles her a bit and decides to get in a dig against Bella for blaming Tabatha, saying with glee, "Not only did Tab have quads, Mother, none of them are grumpy or evil! In fact, Taylee is excitable and good!"

Bella just stares at Lee, taking in his words, then she mutters, "Of course, she is."

In the living room, I find Tabatha holding Taylee, who's at the opposite end of the spectrum from her sister, Leila, having a dark skin tone like her Aunt Ara and her Great-Grandmother, Jemma.

"Well, you've really outdone yourself, Tab. You had nooboos ranging from palest white to darkest ebony and two in between, surpassing Bella's triplets. Despite Cameron's and Juliette's skin tones looking peachy, all four of them are on the MH white/black slider!  And little Taylee has really put Bella's nose out of joint being good! Lee's already rubbed that in!"

Despite being exhausted and still in shock from the quads birth, Tabatha smiles, and says, "So, we haven't just defied the odds, Watcher, we've defied my dear mother-in-law as well! I can live with that."

Gianni and Ara moved out and Ara is pregnant, though she doesn't know it yet.

That should have clued me in that something wasn't quite right.

But, instead of trying to figure it out, I ignored it and now Lee and Tabatha have quads!

An adorable little boy, Cameron.

And three sweet little girls, Taylee, Juliette, and Leila.

All four on the MH white/black slider which has stayed in the family since Rory joined in generation eight, with all the heirs since inheriting it, starting with Odette in generation nine.

Wow! QUADS!!!

I'm still reeling!

But, despite the shock, I'm feeling much like Lee and Tabatha.

If it's something that defies Bella, I can live with it.

After all, we've put up with a lot from the reigning Empress of Evil!

Now it's time for Bella to put someone else first, namely her four new grandchildren!

But with four nooboos in the house, boy am I glad Lorelei hasn't gone back to the Netherworld yet and we kept Simbot Cruz around.

We're going to need all the help we can get!

Let's see how we handle it in Chapter 377: Coping with Quads
Coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 377: Coping with Quads--Part 1
« Reply #407 on: September 26, 2022, 01:23:21 PM »

Soon after the quads arrived the house grew quiet as Cameron had fallen asleep.

And so had two of his sisters, Taylee and Juliette.

Leila was still awake but, with all her needs met, she was content to lie quietly in her crib.

As I watch over the unexpected nooboos in this second nursery, I realize that this room is going to need a make-over too.

The three cribs, a baby monitor, and a green bunny trash can just aren't going to cut it.

I placed another rocker in the corner but that will still only work for two of them with the one in Cameron's nursery.

All the other rockers are out on the back porch, except for the one I left in the music salon.

The walls will need fresh paint and some decorative touches too.

But I'm not the only one keeping an eye on the babies, Bella and Lorelei pop in just as Leila falls asleep.

"I was almost asleep when I heard one of them fussing."

"Juliette was fussing but I gave her a cuddle and she's settled back down now."

"Then I'm going back to bed. You should get some sleep too, Lorelei."

Since Lorelei's checked on the girls, she pops into Cameron's room too.

Cameron's awake but content so she just coos at him a bit and takes Bella's advice and heads off to her own bed.

But moments later, Bella's back downstairs and playing with Taylee with a prominent "I hate baby monitors' in her thought bubble.

Oh, that's right, when I moved Bella and Dane's bedroom furniture upstairs, I put a baby monitor on one of their bedside tables.

Looks like they're working if Bella's down here again.

Bella's light sleeper trait might just come in handy after all!

As day dawns, Tabatha is up and taking care of Juliette.

"How's mommy's sweet angel? Did you sleep well in your new crib in your new room? I hope so. Mommy wants the best for all of her nooboos."

I check on Cameron to find that Cruz has already gotten him fed, changed, and happy.

"Why thank you, Cruz! I hadn't realized a Simbot would help out with babies on their own."

"Some do not, voice-from-nowhere, but I am family-oriented and cannot let my baby brother cry. I must take care of him. I think a nice rock together will help us bond as siblings."

"That's sweet, Cruz. And you can call me, Watcher."

"Your wish is my command, Watcher."

But Cruz doesn’t use the rocker in Cameron's nursery.

Instead, he walks out the door, down the short hall, and uses the new rocker I've placed in the girls' nursery.

"You could have used the rocker in Cameron's nursery, Cruz. It's closer."

Cruz contemplates my words and says, "It may be closer, Watcher, but I believe Cameron would feel more comfortable in the presence of his other siblings."

But when Juliette starts to cry and Cruz, Bella, and Tabatha immediately get 'crying baby' thought bubbles and moodlets, I'm thinking Cameron might be more comfortable but the grown-ups sure aren't!

Bella does her best to put Juliette in a better mood blowing kisses on her tummy.

While Tabatha focuses on feeding Leila a bottle.

Spending time with Cameron and Leila has both Cruz and Tabatha bonding with them.

Then I remember the baby swings.

Even with six adults in the house, those would be a great help!

I check out the kitchen and living room, but there's really not much room, it's so open there are no walls to put them up against.

Then I remember Bella's words about possibly using the music salon for a nursery!

I clear out the music room and put all the instruments upstairs.

Tabatha, Lee, and Cruz follow me to check out the new arrangement.

But seeing a bed in Tabatha's thought bubble I'm thinking she might need to get some sleep.

But it's not sleep Tabatha has on her mind as she grabs Lee and kisses him passionately!

I follow them in horror as the two of them race into the nearest bedroom and woohoo!

In Bella and Dane's bed, no less!

I start praying, and praying hard, 'please no autonomous try for baby or risky woohoo, please, please, please.'

Thankfully, there were no chimes!

I'll be having a talk with these two once they're dressed!

Ghostly music has me popping back downstairs.

To find ghostly Rae in the new rocker in the girls' nursery, a gentle smile on her face as she watches Bella snuggle Cameron.

I wondered how long it would be before Cameron got placed in one of his sister's cribs instead of his own.

Not long at all.

Too bad you can't designate cribs like you can beds and the napping mats.

But at least they're putting them in their cribs and not just leaving them on the floor.

Later on, Cruz comes back to the girls' nursery and picks up Taylee to give her some cuddles.

Miracle of miracles, Taylee's still in her original crib.

Cruz is being a great big brother to his siblings and a big help to the busy parents and grandparents.

And soon Dane and Lee have joined Cruz in the girls' nursery.

Dane to feed Leila a bottle, while Lee rocks Cameron.

I would have liked to bring up that little escapade upstairs with Lee, but he looked so content rocking Cameron, that I cut him some slack.

But they discover the baby swings soon enough and Tabatha spends some time playing with Leila.

As Tabatha waves at her, Leila even waves back!

And soon the room is filled with three swinging babies and adults trying to watch and play with them.

Though with Bella's aura flaring, and Tabatha shooting her a look, I'm guessing these two are more at odds than ever.

I'm glad Bella's leaving the room, instead of causing another scene.

Since JoAnna wished for long life back in IP, it not only doubled her own lifespan, but all of the generations since then.

But I'd stuck to aging nooboos up at the normal three days instead of six, since that would have made getting through a generation much, much longer.

In fact, I'd seriously considered aging the quads up after two because, even with six adults and the baby swings, it was a blur of feedings, changings, and cuddles!

But I stuck it out and minutes after midnight Wednesday, we were celebrating their birthdays.

Cameron, as he's the eldest, goes first and is brought to his cake by his Simbot big brother, Cruz.

I hold my breath and let it out with a squeal when he ages up to toddler with Tabatha's red hair!

He's absolutely adorable with his huge green eyes, and since I forgot to check his favorites, an outfit in a matching green.

I make a promise to let him have outfits in turquoise when he ages to child.

Next up is Taylee, again with Cruz doing the honors.

And oddly enough, Tabatha and Bella put aside their differences to celebrate next to one another.

But Bella's agreeableness doesn't last long and when poor little Taylee ages up, Bella grimaces, rubs her hands together, and cackles, "I'll get you my pretty, you and your candy too!"

Fortunately for Taylee, she was in desperate need of the potty, and Tabatha had already scooped her up to take care of that pressing need.

Though Taylee's candy was safe, with Bella's aura flaring, Taylee's wide eyes showed her fear, and Tabatha did her best to calm her, whispering, "It's okay sweetheart, mommy's got you."

Even with this birthday drama, I was thrilled to see that Taylee has Tabatha's red hair, too.

And she's as cute as a button in her favorite color, lilac.

Tabatha makes it to the potty with Taylee just in time and avoids an accident.

But a squawk from the baby monitor alerts the other adults that one of the two remaining babies needs attention.

Unfortunately, Bella gets to Leila before Lee can pick her up, and Bella steals Leila's candy!

Bella grabs the candy and says with relish, "Thanks, kid!"

"Bella!!! How could you!?! From your own granddaughter, too!"

Bella doesn't sound contrite in the least as she says, "It's not like she can even eat it. Nooboos and toddlers only have candy so evil sims can steal it, Watcher! That's the way it works!"

"But Dane doesn't steal their candy. He hasn't even popped one wish to do that, whereas you keep popping that wish every chance you get!"

"Must be my grumpiness added to the evil, Watcher. Again, nothing I can control."

"Well, you better start because if Tabatha finds out, I'm sure she'll be kicking you to the curb faster than that red snake escapes her inventory! And I wouldn't blame her. In fact, I'll be holding the front door open! Now behave and let us finish the birthdays!"

A whirlwind three days has passed filled with feedings, changings, cuddles and rocking.

We've managed to get two of the quads aged up to toddlers and they both have Tabatha's red hair!

A bit of an interruption, Taylee needing the potty and Bella stealing Leila's candy, ensued.

But we're back on track and going forward with the two remaining birthdays.

Let's see if Bella can behave in Chapter 377: Coping with Quads--Part 2
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 377: Coping with Quads--Part 2
« Reply #408 on: October 14, 2022, 12:40:57 PM »

The game has chosen Cruz as the designated adult for bringing nooboos to their cakes, because he's the one holding Juliette too.

Just look how sweet Juliette is dressed in her favorite color, yellow.

And Tabatha passed her red hair to a third child!

Cruz and the baby parade continue as he brings Leila to the fourth and final cake.

Seeing darkness descend, I check the time and realize it's taken over 12 hours to get the quads aged up!

And Leila joins her siblings as a toddler with the same red hair!

Which has Lorelei freaking out a bit as these two now look very much alike with their pale skin, red hair, and Leila having a yellow diaper.

I'm hoping that if I use their favorite colors and different hairstyles, I might just remember which one of these two girls is which.

Since Leila's favorite color is black, I pair it with white to soften it a bit.

And put her hair up in pigtails with matching polka dot bows.

She's a cutie, just like all of her siblings.

Seeing Leila in her grandfather Dane's arms, you really see the contrast in their skin tones!

But the Frio quads aren't the only new Frio family members in town.

Just before the quads aged up, Cinda and Rory added twins, Fiona and Jasmine!

Here they are getting settled into the former home of Finn and Sarah Dolan, though Wynne Byrne still lives here.

Cinda's planning on going back to work soon, and she's made arrangements with Wynne to help with the twins since Rory gets lost in his reading or writing. Or just lost.

Fiona is human, but the pink sparkles following Rory show that Cinda got her wish on having the first fairy born in Dragon Valley!

Just look how excited Cinda is, hanging around outside to catch raindrops on her tongue, instead of grabbing Fiona and dashing inside.

Unfortunately, once Cinda came to her senses and booked it to the house, she did so without Fiona and Rory ended up going back outside to get her!

And not long after the quads toddler birthday, Ara and Gianni welcomed their own nooboo.

A daughter they named Aria, who takes after her father, Gianni, having a peachy skin tone.

With only one nooboo, Bella can totally focus on Aria, first with play time.

Then feeding her a bottle.

And if I thought we were busy when the quads were nooboos, that was nothing compared to four toddlers!

Cameron kept himself entertained with the xylophone during his siblings' birthdays.

And he even crept onto his own napping mat when he got tired.

Not even waking when Bella got home and potty-trained Leila in his nursery.

Why was Bella using the potty chair in Cameron's nursery?

Because Lee was busy potty-training Juliette in the girls' nursery!

So, I took pity on them and added a third potty chair and the walker from storage.

Which had Taylee zooming around the house in no time!

The walker has toddlers learning the skill so fast, I can easily see why it's banned for most challenges.

Luckily, this isn't one of them and I'm free to use it whenever I want to!

I used it when Bella had the triplets so, with quads, it's a no brainer.

In fact, Taylee learned to walk so quickly using the walker, that even with the playpen set up, Lee decided to teach her to talk himself.

With one of her first words being, 'walk'!

With talking mastered, Taylee needed the potty again!

Then Juliette had her turn in the walker.

Being in her sleepwear, Juliette loses her cute hat, and ends up with this rather boyish hairstyle.

Despite that, she's gives us the cutest look as she gazes fondly up at whomever put her in the walker.

If I was a better Watcher, I would remember who, but with four toddlers I'm lucky I can remember that I am the Watcher.

Meanwhile, Cameron is awake and getting some attention from Lorelei.

But raised voices have me popping back to the living room.

Where I find Bella, her red aura flaring and a scowl plastered across her face, holding Taylee.

With Tabatha, shoulders squared, demanding, "What are you doing with my daughter!?! Put her down this instant!"

Bella plops Taylee into the playpen and says, "Gladly! The goodness oozing off her makes me nauseous!"

Tabatha immediately takes offense at this and starts booing Bella!

I jump in with, "The two of you need to get along, at least in front of the toddlers. They need proper examples of behavior, not…whatever this is!"

Taking a deep breath, Tabatha says, "You're right. I'm going outside to cool off."

Bella can't quite manage to keep the scowl off her face as she stares at Taylee in the playpen.

But instead of giving in to her traits this time, she sucks it up and gives Leila a bedtime bottle, boosting their relationship to good friends.

To my surprise, Bella then follows Tabatha outside and shocks us both by apologizing, "Look, I'm sorry! I don't control my aura or my reactions to Taylee being good. I'm trying, I really am."

Tabatha responds with, "I know.  I know. And I'm doing my best to ignore your aura, but sometimes I just can't. But the Watcher is right, we need to try and get along. For the sake of the children."

Well, that's a step in the right direction, at least.

I guess I can't ask for more than that.

With the toddlers all settled down for the night on their napping mats, and parents and grandparents heading off to their own beds, ghostly music has me checking out the back porch.

Where I find Lorelei eagerly chatting with Samuel.

"Oh, Samuel dear, it's so nice to finally see you again. To know who you are and how much we mean to each other! Being in limbo was so confusing, then being an active ghost, but with no memories of the family. I knew you and the other family ghosts were all in the Netherworld, but I had no connection to you."

"My dear, that's all in the past! What matters is that your connection to the family and to me has been restored, that your memories of your life and our love have returned."

"Not just memories, Samuel. My heart is filled with the love that I hope we still share…"

Samuel pulls Lorelei into his arms, cupping her head tenderly, whispering, "Forever, my love! Nothing will ever change that! But are you planning on joining me again? The pull of an active life can be very persuasive. I wouldn't blame you for staying…"

"They need me here right now. But I promise to return soon. This half-life is unsettling. Not truly alive, not truly a ghost. Most of all, you're not with me…"

Samuel tightens his hold on his dear Lorelei, "I'm always with you, my love, always."

We've managed to get the quads aged up to toddlers, even though it took most of a day.

Other Frio children have joined the family, Cinda and Rory's twins, human Fiona and fairy Jasmine, as well as Ara and Gianni's daughter, Aria, who has Gianni's peachy skin tone.

And if I thought it was crazy with four nooboos, four toddlers are even more chaotic!

Especially since Taylee's good trait sets Bella off just being in the same room with her, causing even more conflict between Bella and Tabatha.

Bella has apologized and Tabatha has agreed to try and work out their differences for the sake of the children.

With six adults in the family, plus the walker and playpen, the quads are quickly learning their skills and becoming friends with their parents, grandparents, Simbot brother Cruz, and each other.

Lorelei and Samuel have reconnected at last and pledged their undying love for each other once again.

And Lorelei has promised to return to Samuel and the Netherworld soon.

A promise that makes me nervous as it will be the true test of her restoration.

But we've still got her with us for a while as the quads have only been toddlers for one day!

Their toddler time continues in Chapter 378: Amazing Moppets and a Mistake
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 378: Amazing Moppets and a Mistake
« Reply #409 on: October 26, 2022, 08:31:43 PM »
The peaceful lull of having all four toddlers asleep doesn't last long.

Bella's up early teaching Juliette to talk, though I'm sure Lee and Tabatha wouldn't approve of her choice of topic.

"Grandma is the Empress of Evil! If you grow up like me, you can join my minions!"

Thankfully, Juliette doesn't think much of this and doesn't respond.

Lee's next door and seems to be having more luck teaching Cameron how to talk.

"On your birthdays we have cake! Lots and lots of cake!"

Cameron picks up on that word, quickly repeating, "Cake, cake, cake!"

But Cameron's not the only one awake as I can see two empty napping mats.

I find Taylee and Leila playing peek-a-boo together in the playpen.

It's so cute, I hang around and watch for a while.

But this isn't just a cute activity between toddlers, it increases their friendship quickly!

A nice little bonus on top of the speed which toddlers can teach themselves to talk and learn both charisma and logic.

The playpen also fills up the toddlers' needs.

Which sounds like a good thing until you realize that to be potty trained, they need to go potty!

With all four of her children happy and occupied, Tabatha takes a moment to feed Sage.

Behind her, we can see Lee's progress with Cameron is fast approaching completion.

Though I don't think Tabatha is happy with Lee teaching Cameron about fighting.

And Cameron has learned how to talk!

Two down, two to go.

Oh, make that one!

With 'camera', Juliette masters talking too!

Though you would have thought Bella would have focused on fighting rather than Lee.

Then Bella follows through on her promise to get along with Taylee.

Looking at Taylee's petrified face, I'm not sure an attack of the claw was the best place to start.

But a few tickles and snuggles have both of them smiling and gaining a small relationship boost.

Then Leila gets her turn in the walker as Juliette and Taylee play together in the playpen.

Juliette seems to be more aware of me than her siblings and gives me this adorable look when I go in for a close-up.

This little tyke sure knows the way to the Watcher's heart!

With walking mastered, Leila gets some rewarding tickles from Lorelei.

And Leila quickly picks up her first musical skill point with a one-on-one lesson from Lorelei.

Finally, Cameron gets his turn in the walker, and when he gets close to his Grandpa Dane, who's eating at the counter, he gives him this appealing look!

Dane can't resist toddler cuteness any more than I can, so he gets Cameron ready for bed and gives him snuggles, tickles, and an attack of the claw.

Dane's reward is hearing Cameron's laughter as he squeals in delight at his grandpa's attention.

Then Dane gives a music lesson to Leila with Juliette paying close attention.

Leila's close to her second skill point while Juliette's just starting out but learning fast.

On the other side of the grand piano, Taylee and Cameron play with their peg boxes.

First thing the next morning, Tabatha lets out a shout of triumph as Taylee gets potty trained!

Not to be outdone, Bella and Cameron follow suit!

Maybe some healthy competition isn't so bad after all.

When Leila wakes up, she heads straight for the xylophone.

With Tabatha's help, Leila not only learns a catchy little tune, but she's close to maxing the skill.

With the toddlers' skills well in hand, Bella takes a break.

She visits Dinny Kelly in his new home, a small stone cottage on the edge of town.

Dinny's heading out, but that doesn't bother Bella.

In fact, it makes her job of finding and stealing his dragon egg that much easier!

She checks out an unoccupied home in another part of town and does the same!

Bella's diligence and patience is rewarded when the first egg hatches a black dragon!

Bella strokes her new friend, musing, "With your help, Morte, I'll be unstoppable!"

Then she commands Morte to summon a ghost!

Only to find she's totally underestimated Morte's power and she finds the results so disgusting; she can't stop herself from retching!

Because the ghostly manifestation isn't one of the friendly family ghosts, but a malevolent spirit!

One that Dane is trying to fend off as he bellows, "Bella!!! What have you done!?!"

The quads are picking up their toddler skills fast, with all four learning to walk already, thanks to the walker.

And three of them have been taught to talk, Taylee and Cameron by Lee, and Juliette by Bella.

Despite their opposing traits, Bella's really putting in an effort to befriend Taylee.

And all four of our amazing moppets are gaining skills with the xylophones and peg boxes, with Leila having already mastered the xylophone.

Bella's perseverance has led to her finding two more dragon's eggs and the first one hatched a black dragon that she named Morte!

But Bella's made a mistake as having Morte summon a ghost as led to a malevolent spirit now haunting the home lot!

Hopefully, this isn't a permanent haunting and a mistake Bella, as well as the rest of us, will regret.

Let's find out in Chapter 379: Gems Galore
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 379: Gems Galore
« Reply #410 on: November 16, 2022, 10:27:11 AM »

The frightening orange ghost doesn't actually attack Dane, who's now moved on to the mundane task of answering the hall phone.

And the ghost seems a bit more mollified about his summoning when he realizes Bella's a high-ranking celebrity.

I'm still unsure about this whole summoning business and hope Bella's learned her lesson about using unknown dragon powers.

But when I turn to call her on it, instead of Bella, I find Cruz and a nameless black dragon!

Great, the second egg was a black dragon too!

I'm thinking the family would be a lot safer with a black dragon in Cruz' inventory.

But before I can mention it, Dane has stepped over and scooped this one up!

"Are you sure it's wise to have another one of those in the house!?! That ghost Bella summoned is still here!"

"It is, but from the moaning sound he's making, Juliette's cries are affecting him as much as they do the rest of us. So, with four toddlers in the house, I have a feeling he'll leave soon enough!"

"And if he doesn't?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, Watcher. I have a dragon to get to know."

Despite Juliette's cries, Dane smiles up at his new friend and says with a warm smile, "Welcome, Phantasm! Are you hungry, boy?"

Tabatha seems unaware of what's been going on inside as she's been busy tending to her pets.

She's fed and cleaned all the cages and spends some time playing with Tex the lizard.

I decide to let sleeping dogs lie as there's already enough bad blood between Tabatha and Bella.

No need to give Tabatha more ammunition and the ghost seems harmless enough at the moment.

Since it's almost time for Bella to get off work, I head over to the Hideaway.

To find Bella chatting with a dragon!

"Bella! Haven't you learned your lesson!?! Black dragons are dangerous…Wait. That's Flame!"

"Your powers of observation are astounding, Watcher."

"Don't patronize me!  It's dark and you know you're in the wrong here! Letting a malevolent spirit loose on the home lot!"

"I had no idea that was going to happen! I thought it would let me choose which family ghost to summon, not a strange ghost. Then I could summon Samuel for Lorelei any time she wanted to visit with him. My intentions were…"

"You can't say it can you!?! But that doesn't even matter as we know first-hand that bad things can happen even with the best intentions. Now we just need to make sure it doesn't happen again. Dane has confiscated the other dragon as it was a black one too, so now you just need to tell me where you hid Morte."

"Hid Morte? I didn't hide him, I left him right there in the living room. That ghost was disgusting, and my carpool showed up…"

"So, you left a dangerous black dragon on the loose!?! In the house with your grandchildren!?! All I can say is Tabatha better not find out about this or you'll be out on your…huge Hidden Spring ears!"

The morning dawns to the sound of toddler laughter as Tabatha helps Leila with her peg box.

And Cameron, with Lee's assistance, is close to getting his first skill point on the xylophone.

As I watch them, I'm scanning for Morte, but I've been looking for him since last night and haven't found him yet.

Once Cameron earned his music skill point, he made a beeline for the potty in his nursery and went all by himself!

Bella was playing with Leila nearby and Leila's wild-eyed look should have clued me in.

Because as soon as Cameron was off the potty, Bella stole his candy!

Leila just focused on playing with her pink rabbit, trying to stay under her evil grandmother's radar!

I follow Cameron back out to the living room where he toddles past Tabatha and Juliette playing with the xylophone.

Cameron joins Taylee at the peg boxes, despite Bella being there giving Taylee praise for maxing the skill.

Cameron seems to have forgiven his grandmother as he says, "Watch me, Gamma, watch me!"

I'm wondering how Tabatha is taking this turn of events when I realize she's no longer in the room.

Juliette is playing the xylophone by herself with Lorelei hovering as she watches tv.

Then Cruz clomps into the room, and I check out his inventory to see if he'd picked up Morte without me noticing.

But all he had stored in there was scrap for his meals and alchemy ingredients.

Maybe Tabatha went to find Leila?

No, Lorelei's with Leila and the two of them are chatting away.

Though Leila, like Juliette, seems to be aware of my presence when I get close.

Toddlers are just too cute!

But whispering nearby catches my ear.

I'm totally stunned when I find Tabatha huddled in the girls' bathroom holding Morte!

"YOU had him!?! I've been looking all over…"

"Ssshhh, Watcher. Keep your voice down. And don't try to take him from me. There's no telling what THAT WOMAN would do with this creature's power. She's already let an unknown spirit loose in this house. I'm not letting her put my children in any more danger. Besides, without her evil, grumpy influence, he's harmless."

Tabatha turns her attention to Morte crooning, "Aren't you a good boy. Just need a gentle hand and a kind word, just like all the creatures in SimLand."

"I wouldn't dream of taking him from you, Tab. I was just worried he was loose in the house. Or that some unscrupulous sim would find him and wreak havoc on this lot or the whole town. But how did you find out about Morte? That Bella had him summon that ghost? You weren't even in the house."

"No. But I found Morte later. And he told me all about it. He doesn't control which ghost he summons, and he was terrified, cowering under the living room couch. He is just a baby dragon."

"Well, since Bella just took off and left Morte and us at the mercy of that ghost, I'm not planning on sharing this little tidbit with her. It'll be our secret. But please, keep Morte under wraps, Tab."

"I'll do my best, Watcher. Hopefully, baby dragons aren't as slippery as the snake I have that keeps getting loose."

"Did you find him again?"

"Twice! But my minor pet count keeps going up every time I recapture him. It feels like cheating."

"I wouldn't worry about that, Tab. It's winter and pets are hard to find right now. With the quads, you're busy enough without traipsing all over town trying to find more pets. And you'll be starting back to work soon, your maternity and childcare leave is almost up."

"I've been thinking about giving up my job…"

"I noticed that, but I've already promised your wish to reach level 8."

"But I'm only at level 5!"

"Don't blame me, it was your wish! And some time out of the house will keep you from going stir crazy."

Speaking of stir crazy, Lee needed a break, so he headed over to the Elixir store and ran into Ara.

"Hey, sis, how's the new job going?"

"It was going fine until I got put on maternity leave. Someone didn't bother mentioning I was pregnant when Gianni and I moved out."

"I did too! I told you I heard chimes. You just dismissed it saying it couldn't be true…"

"To keep my neurotic husband from freaking out, Watcher! I figured you'd find me on my own and confirm it."

"Oh, my bad, then. But you have a beautiful baby girl. And she looks just like Gianni with her peachy skin tone."

Ara flipped out a photo and said, "Even more so now that she's a toddler. She's got Gianni's dark brown hair too. I'm not sure if she takes after my inappropriateness or Gianni being a slob, just look at the way she's digging for treasure!"

Leave it to Ara to have a photo like this in her wallet.

I pop over to their house and pop Aria into stylist to get a more formal picture.

Here she is looking cute as a button in her outerwear.

I get back to the Elixir store to find Lee and Ara sharing a goodbye hug.

"Take care, Lee, and take care of my nephew and all three of my nieces. We've got to get back to the hospital."

"You take care, too, sis. Wait. Hospital? Is someone sick?"

"Not sick. Jade's at the hospital having a baby! Gianni and I brought Pal over here as he was driving her crazy. Looks like the rocker calmed him down some, so we should be getting back."

"Keep us posted, sis. Mom and Dad will want to come and visit first thing after you get home."

I finally ask, "Ara, why didn't you tell me Jade was expecting?"

"You're supposed to be the one paying attention to those announcements, Watcher! I guess the quads have really kept you busy!"

After Ara, Gianni, and Pal head back to the hospital, Lee heads for the gem cutter.

He has a pink diamond but it's uncut and he needs it to be heart-shaped for his final simbot.

But with only one cut available, we settle in for the long haul, or whenever we get Jade's birth announcement, whichever comes first.

Lee practices different cuts with both single and stacks of gems we found stored in the family chests.

Mostly the inexpensive ones, since my knowledge about gems and cuts is limited.

I did this with Jonas back in Starlight Shores, but it's been so long I've forgotten most of it.

We make it up to the Star cut and just as Lee picks it up, I get the announcement that Pal is now a father as Jade has delivered their daughters!

I quickly send Bella and Dane over to see their new granddaughters and head over to meet them.

Bella proudly holding Ruby, who takes after Pal and is an imaginary friend.

"Dane, come and see your newest granddaughter."

But Dane's busy holding Opal, also an imaginary friend, who has Pal's skin tone.

Or maybe Dane's, as it looks pretty close to his with them next to each other.

Though it's a bit hard to tell in the dim light.

And then Bella holding the eldest, Pearl, also an imaginary friend and definitely on the darker end of the white/black slider.

"I think you need to rename this one, Watcher. Her skin tone hardly reflects her name."

"Oh, it reflects her name perfectly, Bella. Haven't you ever heard of the rare Black Pearl?"

Bella's eyes widen and she says, "And we have four of them in the family now! Even if Taylee is good."

"Some legends count all pearls as valuable, whether they are white or black or any of the shades in-between. They can represent many things, wealth, power, wisdom, even everlasting love."

Satisfied, Bella nods and says, "So you're saying our family is legendary! I can live with that!"

"I never said that!"

"Well, we've definitely got wealth and power covered, and for me and Dane, at least, everlasting love, and Dane's an evil genius, so wisdom's covered too!"

"Leave it to you to apply it strictly to your family."

Smugly, Bella replies, "Who else matters, Watcher? After all, this is our journey."

The summoned ghost was scary at first but seemed harmless enough once Juliette started crying.

Dane picked up the second black dragon and named him Phantasm.

While Tabatha has secretly hidden Morte from Bella!

The quads are all doing well, having learned their three major skills and are just working on fun ones now.

Lee spent some time learning gem cuts, so he can make a heart-cut pink diamond for his last Simbot.

And we've added three new gems to the family, Jade and Pal's triplet daughters, Pearl, Opal, and Ruby!

Now there are ten new Frio family members in DV; nine Frio girls and Cameron, the only boy, for anyone that's keeping track!

But with the toddlers needing less attention, I'm afraid Lorelei will keep her promise and return to Samuel.

I'll be sad to see her go, but I'm hoping it will restore her ghost safely back in the Netherworld and not in Limbo!

Let's find out in Chapter 380: Last Times
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 380: Last Times
« Reply #411 on: November 25, 2022, 05:21:26 AM »

Back at the main Frio home, I find Lorelei rocking with Cameron in the former music salon.

"You seem happy Lorelei."

"Very, Watcher. I've gotten this special chance to know the current family and these four adorable toddlers. It's something I will treasure always. Like rocking with Cameron for the last time."

"So, something good came out of your glitched urn after all."

"Yes. But I certainly don't want to repeat the experience and I'm sure you don't either."

"It wouldn't be my first choice. Unless maybe it was Jerad's urn…"

"Oh, that's shameful, Watcher!"

"I was joking, Lorelei…oh, I forgot you don't have a sense of humor."

"I didn't for a very long time, but getting to jump scare Bella and Dane, well, I did find that quite amusing! Until it drove poor Gianni out of the house."

"But that wasn't you, it was Bella and Dane!  And Ara and Gianni were going to move out sooner or later, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it."

I hear music and say goodnight to Lorelei and Cameron and follow the sound upstairs.

To find ghostly Sam holding Leila and tapping his foot to Dane's guitar solo!

"Oh, Sam, you picked up one of the toddlers! Tabatha will be absolutely thrilled! She was hoping you'd interact with one of them, like you did with Ella back in Roaring Heights."

"Ssshhh, Watcher, we're listening to the music and this little one's almost asleep."

"Sorry, Sam. I'll leave you guys alone. Enjoy."

I pop back downstairs to find ghostly Claire in the rocking chair with Adam and Rae looking uncomfortable.

"Looks like a ghostly conclave. Where's Lorelei?"

"That's what we'd like to know, Watcher," Claire says sternly.

"She was just in that rocker, Claire."

"Not where in the house. Why isn't she back with us? In her proper place?"

"Proper place? You know she's been helping out with the quads."

Adam mumbles, "They don't really need six adults now, Watcher."

Rae adds, "The longer she stays here, Watcher, the harder it will be for her to return. You know that."

"I really don't know if it will be harder or not, Rae. This is all new territory as we've never had a glitched urn before or an active ghost and I hope we never do again. Why are you all ganging up on me? I wouldn't have expected it of you, Rae. Or you, Adam. This has Jerad written all over it! Where is he?"

Adam winces and says, "He's out in a rocker on the back porch. He said he'd hold his audience with you in comfort."

"Of course, he did."

I find Jerad right where Adam said he'd be.

Along with Dinny Kelly.

But a paparazzi isn't going to put off this conversation.

"How dare you! Putting a bug in Claire, Rae, and Adam's ears about it being improper for Lorelei to be active! This is about you wanting that freedom!"

"Not at all, Watcher. But being an active ghost, even for a short time, can tempt one to want to make the position more…permanent. I'm thinking of Lorelei…and Samuel."

"No, you're not! You're thinking of that joy ride you took across town, off the active lot, back in Starlight Shores. It was so appealing to you that you want that freedom again, but even more of it. The freedom of an active ghost. The freedom that Lorelei has now!"

"And what does she do with it? Wastes it on seeing family visiting from other towns!"

"That wasn't a waste and they're not just visiting. They have to live here now. And that family made it possible to connect Lorelei back to the family tree. Past and present! Without it, no one here was even related to you anymore! Not to any of you! Not to Adam, not to Rae and Sam, and not to you or Claire! Only to Samuel, the rest of you were all lost! Them coming here, selflessly coming here, wasn't for their benefit at all. It was for Lorelei and for the rest of you."

Jerad is strangely silent, and I let him mull over my words.

Then I add, "And for your information, Lorelei's already planning on her return. She misses Samuel, misses all of you in the Netherworld. Though it seems like that's a waste of her time, since you don't appreciate the sacrifice that her father and her daughter made for Lorelei and for all of you."

"Well, why didn't you just say that in the first place!"

"Because this wasn't about Lorelei, Jared. It was about you. I'm warning you for the last time. If you don't stop interfering, stop manipulating others, then next time you need family, they might not be there!"

I've cooled off by morning and even manage a smile when I see Leila playing with the doll house upstairs.

I'd forgotten to move it into the girl's nursery once they aged to toddlers.

In fact, we've been so busy, I'd forgotten all about renovating the girls' nursery to make it brighter and more appealing.

But at least Leila is getting to enjoy playing with it now.

Downstairs, Leila's siblings are enjoying some play time at the blocks table.

Juliette asks, "Will you wift weights when you get big?"

Cameron just examines his blue block closely and stays silent.

Taylee says, "I need more blocks, this one's green, can I have your blue one, Cam?"

But this appeal still doesn't entice Cameron to speak.

Juliette says, "I can't wait to go outside! I wanna fish in a pond and swim in the ocean!"

Taylee sighs and starts crawling towards the potty chair, "Why you mention water? Now I gotta go…"

Cameron just stares at the table, trying to figure out the best place to put his block.

Juliette asks, "Aren't you and Lei'a ever going to leave the house, Cam?"

Cameron finally responds. Timidly saying, "Gamma says some of us will have to. When we mawwy. It sounds scawy."

"I'm gonna go everywhere outside and take pwictures wif a camra. Gamma told me all about it!"

Taylee perks up and asks, "Can I have one of the pwictures, Jule?"

These three are just too cute!

I join Lee at the Elixir store just in time to see him drop a pink diamond into the gem cutter.

"I thought you'd still be out collecting gems. I'd forgotten all about having to collect 10 of them to open up the heart cut!"

"I only collected five or six and it opened up, Watcher! Maybe those gems I collected back in grade school or high school in MV counted?"

"Oh, probably."

And within a few minutes Lee is looking at a heart-cut pink diamond!

"It's beautiful, Watcher!"

"It is! Especially since it will help you make your last Simbot and complete your Lifetime Wish."

"Watcher, did you ever figure out what happened to my first Simbot?"

"No, Lee. She just disappeared from town and your family tree. I might have an older save she exists in. Maybe I could get her back that way…"

"We've got enough going on without doing that, Watcher. And I still have Cruz."

"Well, if you change your mind, just let me know."

When Lee gets home, he finds Bella and Lorelei in the entryway and takes a moment to feed Kelly.

"Are you sure about this Lorelei? We'd love for you to stay and be part of the family while we're in DV."

"I stayed to help Tabatha with her cooking and then to help out with the quads. But they've all learned their skills now and just spend their time playing with blocks. It's time for me to return to the Netherworld, to my Samuel."

Bella gives Lorelei a fierce hug and says, "Visit soon, so we know you're okay."

"If it were up to me, I'd check on you all every day! We may not be closely related, but you're all family!""

Lorelei takes a minute to join Lee on the couch saying, "This was always one of my favorite shows! I'm glad you and your sisters love watching tv as much as I do!"

"It's nice having someone who understands that! As much as I love Tabatha, we'll never look at that the same way."

"But differences can be good too.  And you really know it's love when you can overlook them."

Then Lorelei stops watching the show, floats to her feet, and whips out her wallet, displaying numerous photos.

Lee politely looks at them, then does a double take as he realizes they are all of his own children!

"I love them like my own now, Lee! Take care of them! And I'll do my best to look in…if I can."

Lee smiles and hugs Lorelei, "Not if, when! This is going to work. It has so far."

Neither Bella nor Lee can bear to watch and, as they turn away, Lorelei's urn appears and her essence flares as she slips inside.

Lee turns but tries to avoid staring directly at Lorelei's urn.

"How will we know, Watcher? If she's fully restored?"

I click on Lorelei's urn and hold my breath and let it out in relief!

"You didn't reset Lee, that's a good sign! When her urn was glitched, whoever I was on when I clicked on it would reset. As for fully restored...we'll know when she visits."

"Right, Watcher. When she visits."

Bella whispers, "I hope it's soon, Watcher."

"Me too, Bella. Me too."

In her distraught state, Bella heads for the nursery, but when she sees Taylee, her aura flares bright red.

Taylee pipes up, "You can't have our candy, Gamma, we're playing!"

Then she wheedles, "But I need more blocks for my horsey. Can you get them for me?"

As morning dawns, I realize Cruz hasn't returned from his outing to the junk yard.

As I pan overhead, I spot a snowman and Cruz making a snow angel!

"Cruz, you were supposed to be picking up scrap! And won't you short out being in that snow?"

"I picked all the scrap when I got here, Watcher. It must have regenerated. And the frozen water does not affect me! It is fun!"

"Well, don't stay too much longer, today's a big day!"

A big day that Tabatha doesn't seem to be looking forward to as she holds Juliette.

But Lee and Taylee are both excited as Lee gets in one last attack of the claw.

Afterward, Lee brings Taylee to Cameron's nursery.

Where the toddlers get in one last toddler play time around the blocks table.

All four of them again.

And Leila clues everyone in about what's happening next, "It's our birthday today!"

Ghostly Sam picked up Leila and brought her upstairs to listen to Dane play his guitar.

Something that's sure to thrill Tabatha and maybe stir a liking for the supernatural within Leila.

Jared's stirred up the family ghosts with his own agenda in mind, but, hopefully, I've put the fear of the Watcher in him, and he won't be pulling a stunt like that again!

Lorelei's kept her promise to Samuel and returned to him in the Netherworld, but we won't know if she's fully restored until she visits us.

The quads have been spending time together at the play table to build up their friendships.

Where we've seen that Juliette is our sociable one, chatting up a storm with her siblings.

Cameron's quiet but speaks up when something bothers him.

Taylee's quiet too, but not when it comes to asking for more blocks, even from her evil Gamma!

And Leila is all about the business of the day.

In this case, the toddler's upcoming birthdays!

Get your party horns ready and join us in Chapter 381: Snowflake Day Birthdays
Coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 378 photo issue---fixed
« Reply #412 on: December 19, 2022, 05:07:00 PM »
It was brought to my attention recently that none of the photos in Chapter 378 were showing up!

I'm not sure why as they showed up when I posted it, but I've re-uploaded the images and they all show up for me.

If anyone is curious about the quads toddler time, there are actual photos posted in that chapter now.

I was planning on posting a new TJ chapter, but the imaging site I use is being dreadfully slow, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Safe and happy holidays to all that celebrate!

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 381: Snowflake Day Birthdays
« Reply #413 on: December 21, 2022, 11:46:56 AM »

Ghostly music has me hoping for Lorelei's appearance but it's Samuel that's visiting.

"Is she okay?"

"Lorelei is fine, Watcher, but it's too close to her return for her to manifest. I came instead to let you know she's okay."

"Thank you, Samuel. How are the other ghosts?"

"Rae and Adam are embarrassed to have been part of Jared's nonsense. Claire's been yelling at Jerad since you told him off and she realized he was just using her. And Jerad's still Jerad, denying your accusations…but not with his usual bluster, so you may have gotten through to him this time."

"We'll see about that. But let's focus on happier things. Want to stay for the festivities? We'll have plenty of cake."

"We had plenty of cake with our two sets of twins! With the quads, it's just a sugar overdose! But I'll stay for as long as I can. Especially since it will put Jared's nose out of joint at not getting to attend a party!"

As Samuel and I join the family, I explain, "It's not an official party, just the immediate family. Today's not just the quads birthdays but Snowflake Day and with all the other Frio children being younger, I decided to let them celebrate with their own families."

The candles are already lit and Lee's grabbing Cameron's fingers so he doesn't touch them, both of them looking happy and excited.

Unfortunately, Samuel's attendance was cut short as just as Cameron blew out his candles, Samuel's ghostly form dissipated into a golden essence and drifted back to his urn.

If the birthday cross-eyes weren't enough, Cam ages up with a terrible hair style and a mishmash of clothes.

At least the jacket is his favorite color, turquoise.

But make-overs will have to wait until we get through all of the birthdays.

Tabatha gets to do the honors with Taylee, but Bella can't contain herself and lets out a raging scream.

Lee tries to cover it with a loud birthday cheer, while Dane blows a party horn.

As Tabatha helps Taylee blow out her candles, Bella stops screaming, but her aura bursts forth.

And when Taylee becomes a child, Bella doesn't even bother to hide her glee as she points and laughs, "Too funny! You're wearing my favorite color, aqua!"

Taylee and Tabatha aren't amused and reply in unison, "It's turquoise!"

I look at the tops in question and, frankly, I can't really tell the difference.

So, I check the web for clarification and find out that aqua is a light bluish green while turquoise is a greenish blue.

Leave it to these three to make the fine distinction between aqua and turquoise.

If they would stick to just squabbling over colors, I could live with that.

It's Bella's turn as toddler carrier as she helps Juliette blow out her candles.

Though with Taylee eating cake nearby, Bella's evil aura flares to life again.

Despite that, Tabatha blows a party horn while Lee and Simbot Cruz twirl noise makers.

Juliette twirls as the birthday sparkles hit and both Lee and Cruz change to blowing party horns.

Taylee claps loudly for her sister while Bella walks away, her back to the family.

At least she got out of the way, so I had a good photo of Juliette!

Not that anyone in that outfit would consider the photo good, least of all Juliette.

A hat in the wrong color, with a yellow top and swimsuit bottoms for an everyday outfit!?!

In the middle of winter on Snowflake Day.

And I'd thought the older two kids' outfits were bad.

Last, but not least, it's Leila's turn.

Lee, Bella, and Dane, all cheer as Tabatha brings her to the cake.

Leila twirls amidst the sparkles with family cheering and Dane and Cameron blowing party horns.

This time it's Tabatha standing with her back to us.

But she turns around in time to see her youngest daughter age up.

With the typical crossed-eyes, unflattering hairstyle, and bad outfit.

Though this one's less horrific than Juliette's.

And now that I can see Cameron's complete outfit with the purple patched sweats and tan dress shoes, I cringe even more.

Age-up outfits in Sims 3 definitely give the ones in Sims 2 a run for their money!

Especially since footwear is a separate category and just adds to the horror.

I finally let the adults grab cake, including the maid, Chrissy Harbin, who joined the party, and who's name I've finally remembered to write down.

Bella, exhausted from her late-night work shift, heads off to bed.

Without Bella's aura tainting her disposition, Taylee changes into her royal outfit and stands on a chair.

Where she brandishes her royal scepter and announces, "All subjects are hereby commanded to bow to my authority and me bring me gifts! No item is considered unworthy."

I missed a photo, but Cameron immediately bowed to his sisters' command!

Make-over time!

Cameron gets his favorite color, turquoise, for his outfits this time.

Although it may need to be greener to be considered turquoise rather than aqua.

Either way, I love how it pops against the orange and black!

The owl is a nod to his mother's love for animals and one on his shirt is probably as close as he will get since he hates the outdoors.

Even more so now that he's Neurotic!

And, now that he's a child, the tip-tilted eyes he inherited from his father and grandfather are more obvious.

Taylee was still busy reigning over the realm as queen and Juliette was playing with her IF doll.

So, I did Leila's make-over next.

Leila's pale, so I made sure the black was closest to her skin for more contrast, but still pair it with white to soften it.

The pink cupcakes give it a pop of color and reflect her new trait, Workaholic!

If it wasn't winter, I'm sure she'd be baking and setting up the baker's station to sell her home-baked goods.

Leila inherited the same eye shape from the Lee family genetics as well.

With Juliette's love of the outdoors and her new trait, Photographer's Eye, she chooses to show off her outerwear.

The white outfit with pops of yellow is so cute, especially with the yellow knit headband covering her chin length hairstyle.

I think she looks absolutely adorable in it!

And it shows of her Asian heritage with her hair pulled back from her face.

I finally interrupt Taylee's royal play time and she gets her new outfits too.

Her outerwear close-up shows off her new hairstyle and features best, with her being the only one of the quads not getting her grandfather's eye shape, but they are a lovely shade of blue.

And her new Mooch trait explains why she was always asking for more blocks!

I finally got around to redecorating the girls' bedroom, using all three of their favorite colors.

Surprisingly enough, it comes out looking quite stylish.

Taylee's purple and Juliette's yellow add much needed pops of color with Leila's black giving it a bit of sophistication.

Since Taylee's bed is right next to the door and doesn't have room for a nightstand, I move the costume chest to the end of her bed and re-color it, so it matches better.

Taylee came in to check it out right away.

Leila's black was reflected in the black sheets and twinkling stars along with a matching nightstand.

She came in to check it out too but was more focused on her sister.

With her new trait coming to the fore as she says, "You should be focusing on skills, Tay! Playing with dolls is a waste of time."

Taylee stops singing to her doll and says, "I guess I could check out the baking report, but what will you give me if I do?"

"You shouldn't expect others to just give you stuff, Tay! You need to be productive and work for it!"

"I'd rather play with my doll and just ask for what I want. It's much easier."

Bella, up from her nap, gives Leila a hug in the hallway, saying, "Happy Birthday, honey. I hope you like your new room."

"It's great, Gamma! I love the flower rugs in our favorite colors."

Then Taylee comes running out of the bedroom and Bella's aura flares to life.

"I'm going to check that baking report for you, sis. Oh, you're with Gamma…"

Taylee's too good to make a snarky remark, but her thought bubble makes her feelings for her grandmother crystal clear.

Oh boy! It seems as if their conflict is even worse now that Taylee's older!

Juliette, on the other hand, is content playing with her IF doll.

While Cameron asks Tabatha, "Mom, is it okay if I work out to the tv?"

Tabatha hesitates and says, "I'd rather you used the stereo, Cam."

"Oh, right. That's not a problem, Mom, I completely understand!"

And within minutes he's changed into his athleticwear and is doing jumping jacks!

Leila walks by and says, "At least you're doing something productive, Cam. Give me a minute and I'll join you!"

Wow! The new traits the quads rolled are going to make this an interesting generation!

Cameron's neurotic like several of his forebears, most notably Crewe and Carly.

But all three of his sisters got traits that are less common, at least no one specific comes to mind.

Taylee's a mooch, Juliette's got a photographer's eye, and Leila's a workaholic.

Bella has good relationships with three of them, especially Leila, who seems to be her favorite.

But Bella and Taylee are already bumping heads, technically traits, but conflict is conflict.

Will this precipitate Bella and Dane moving out early?

Let's find out in Chapter 382: First Friend
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 382: First Friend
« Reply #414 on: January 16, 2023, 01:43:19 PM »

But instead of working out with Cameron in the living room, Leila chases bandits on one of the buckin' bronco riders.

She really gets into it, shouting, "We've got them on the run, don't slow down!"

Her cries have Cameron wandering upstairs to see what all the shouting's about.

As he starts painting, he asks, "I thought you were going to work out with me?"

Leila pauses for a breath, leaning forward to gain more speed, "I was, but this thing can give you a real workout. Too bad you don't gain skill from it and it's only playing."

Despite it only be playing, Leila doesn't stop until the bandits are captured!

While the quads have been skilling and playing, I get a message that someone else in town has celebrated their childhood birthday.

So, I quickly invite the family over.

Finnegan Dolan, Finn and Sarah's oldest child, immediately starts working on his homework.

What a conscientious kid.

And seeing his bright pink skin tone paired with black hair, I'm intrigued.

But a quick NRaas status check tells me that he's only one day away from teen.

Too old, unfortunately.

Sarah doesn't even bother coming inside, but heads straight for the Teppanyaki grill.

Tabatha would have liked to chat and make another friend, but Sarah just keeps cooking.

So, Tab wanders over to check on her pets.

After her pets were fed and played with, Tabitha got in some playtime of her own.

She made a perfect classic snowman on the uncovered part of the deck!

I can't wait to get a photo of it in daytime.

But that was not to be because right after doing his homework, Finnegan ran outside and destroyed it!

The little brat!

Now I'm glad he's too old and I feel like we've dodged a bullet with this kid.

Bella doesn't even blink an eye with snow flying everywhere, just focuses on playing with one of her dragons.

I have a feeling Bella and Finnegan share a trait.

Thankfully, it wasn't Finnegan that I'd wanted the quads to meet.

More specifically, Cameron.

So, I have him introduce himself to Finnegan's sister, Alana.

I don't know what impresses me more, the fact that they get along first thing, or that Alana's got a deep teal skin tone!

I go in closer to get a better look and wonder if Cameron will love the color as much as I do.

It's the next step in the color progression; aqua, turquoise, teal.

And it's paired with golden eyes and hair, quite the striking combination.

I will definitely be keeping a close eye on her as she ages up!

But with a rocking chair in her thought bubble, I quickly max her motives so she'll hang around and play.

Since Cameron doesn't like the outdoors, I have them play chess together.

The first thing Alana says is, "Your house is so cool Cameron! The inside is like a castle!"

Since Cam kept his coat on, I'm thinking it's actually cold, and Alana may be a bit underdressed in her tank top and sandals.

She could definitely use some help from Stylist, but I don't want to interrupt them just yet.

But Cameron just silently moves a chess piece as Alana studies the move.

Alana tries again as she asks, "Do you like photography like your sister, Juliette?"

Cameron shakes his head and concentrates on the chess board.

I shake my own head and go check on other family members as a one-sided conversation isn't much fun.

Nearby, Leila's learning logic too, as she tries to discover her first potion.

Downstairs, Taylee dresses up as a Lavish Lavender princess and plays pretend.

I find Juliette outside having a snowball fight with Grandpa Dane.

With his sisters all having fun, I head back up to check on Cameron and Alana.

Cameron finally got up the nerve to speak, "I actually like working out and I can't wait to be able to use the treadmill when I get older."

Alana shrugs and says, "My dad likes working out too. But not me. I'd rather curl up on a comfy couch and watch celebrities on tv. You know, all those rich and famous Sims!"

Cameron blurts out, "My dad likes watching tv, too. But being a celebrity's not all it's cracked up to be! We have paparazzi hounding us all the time! It makes my Gamma even more grumpy when they hang around the house. And believe me, you don't want to be around when she's grumpy!"

Luckily, it's not the children Bella is focused on as I find her taking note of Tabatha's conversation with John Fallon, whom she's not fond of.

And we all know what happens when Bella's not fond of someone.

Her aura flares red and Bella quickly confronts him.

First, stomping her foot angrily and shouting at him, while Tabatha turns away clearly showing she's not pleased with her mother-in-law's interference.

But Bella's not concerned with Tabatha's feelings, she's on a roll and slaps the paparazzi silly, so hard that he's seeing stars and his head is spinning!

Tabatha turns around just in time to see the effects of Bella's ruthless behavior, fuming silently at Bella's treatment of John.

Upstairs, Cameron and Alana have finished their chess game but aren't quite friends yet.

Luckily, Cameron has a wish to use an elixir and it just so happens that big Simbot brother Cruz has the perfect one on hand.

As the purple mist of the friendship elixir engulfs her, Alana says, "Sure, I'll be your friend! You've got sisters!"

Okay, maybe not the best reason to become friends with someone, but not the worst either.

And with Cameron being tongue-tied and neurotic, he'll need all the help he can get!

Speaking of help, I check on the situation outside to hear Tabatha confronting Bella, "We were only discussing the symphony! There was no need for you to fly off the handle like that! You need to stop interfering Bella! You're not in charge anymore!"

Sounds like Tabatha doesn't need my help after all.

But it's late and the Dolan family is heading home, coming out onto the porch to hear Tabatha's words.

Sarah witnesses the event in silence, but she's good so no doubt is glad that evil Bella has been put in her place.

Finnegan, on the other hand, is gleefully enjoying the confrontation, confirming his own evil bent.

But as Alana follows her mother out the door, I'm pleased to see that her thoughts are focused on Cameron!

Now that they're big kids, the quads are discovering their individual interests.

Cameron likes working out and painting, while Leila, despite it only being play, really enjoys the rodeo rider and discovering potions.

Taylee likes playing pretend in her favorite color, of course.

Juliette's gotten her wish to go outside and have a snowball fight, strengthening her friendship with her Grandpa Dane.

Bella's still being Bella and earned another strike as she tried to ruin Tabatha's friendship with paparazzi, John Fallon.

But the biggest event was Cameron making his first friend, Alana Dolan!

It was with the help of an elixir, but I can live with that!

Hopefully, this is only the beginning of making friends as the quads start school here in Dragon Valley.

But the quads aren't the only family members growing up.

Join me as the journey continues in Chapter 383: Gorgeous Gems and a First Day
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 383: Gorgeous Gems and a First Day
« Reply #415 on: February 19, 2023, 05:09:58 PM »

Despite, or maybe because of it, Bella's response to Tabatha's dressing down is to make a snowman of her own.

An evil one, of course!

Rubbing her hands gleefully together, she smiles devilishly and says, "What other kind did you expect, Watcher!?!"

"I was hoping you'd mellow a bit as you got older."

"But I won't be getting older, Watcher, that Age Freeze potion ensures that!"

"True. Thankfully, the younger members of your family still do and several of them have aged up. So, I'm going over to visit."

But before I get the chance, ghostly music has me checking out the music salon.

My heart leaps as I find Rae watching over Lorelei in a rocker!

"You made it back!"

"I did indeed, Watcher! My trip back to the Netherworld was uneventful and I'm back to my old ghostly self."

"I'm so glad, Lorelei! Let's hope that never happens again! Traveling has always been a bit chancy in SimLand, NRaas Traveler and other mods help with that, but glitches can still happen. I'm just happy you're back with us."

Rae adds, "I'm sure Dad would say, 'Back where she belongs', but we all know he was just jealous! I'm so sorry I bought into that, Lorelei."

"No need to apologize Rae, we all know just how manipulative Jared can be! As his daughter, you've had to put up with it for much longer than I have. But let's talk about more positive things, like my foster grandchildren's birthdays!"

We peek into the girls' room to find them all fast asleep in their new room.

Taylee's sleeping soundly but Juliette and Leila are dreaming.

About expresso and silverware?

Well, at least they're not dreaming about evil doings like Bella would prefer!

Upstairs in his new room, one he shares with Simbot Cruz, Cameron is fast asleep too.

And luckily not dreaming about checking the sink!

Though I'm sure that will be happening on a regular basis soon enough.

As the sun rises, I finally make it over to Jade and Ara's home to find Aria in her crib giving us this sweet look.

But it doesn't last long as she pouts and screams for a bottle!

Ara's booking it to the nursery, so that should be taken care of soon.

But instead of picking up Aria, Ara walks right by her own screaming child to give a bottle to her niece, Opal!

Then, Ara passes briefly in front of Aria's crib again and says, "Hi, sweetie!"

And walks across the room to give a bottle to Pearl.

Finally, she tracks down Ruby in the living room to give her a bottle!

She stands there proudly and says, "There, you've all been fed!"

I just shake my head in amazement as she's fed all three of her nieces, who weren't fussing, and totally ignored her own starving daughter!

But I'm not the only one who noticed the oversight, as when I check on Aria, I find Jade getting Aria out of her crib.

"It's okay Aria, Auntie Jade is here. Your mommy's a little off with her priorities, but you've got your daddy, me, and Uncle Pal when she gets side-tracked."

Aria blinks her tear-filled eyes and sniffles a bit, holding up her arms to her Aunt Jade in relief.

And eagerly grabs the bottle she's been yelling for since she woke up!

With all the toddlers fed, I pop the triplets into Stylist to get close-ups.

I put them in matching formalwear in their favorite colors.

Pearl in violet with matching bows in her pigtails, the light-brown color coming from Gamma Bella.

Her dark skin-tone passed down from Great-Grandma Jemma.

Ruby in pink with a heart patterned bow in her raven hair, passed down from Grandpa Dane.

Her tanned skin-tone closely matching her father's and grandfather's skin tones.

Opal in red, her hair long and blonde, just like her mother's, with the same light-toned skin and grey eyes.

The lighting in the hall after her birth really didn't give us a true idea of her coloring at all!

Looking so different, you'd never guess these three were triplets!

They've managed to inherit quite a bit of their diverse Frio genetics but, as they age, we'll see how much effect Pal's IF vanilla genetics has on them.

For as long as we're in DV, anyway.

As I head back to the house, I spot another Frio family member, little Fiona Frio, one of Cinda and Rory's twins.

Looks like nanny Wynn Byrne is heading into the elixir store with her.

Seeing Dashing Desmond's turquoise hair on another generation makes me smile and wonder what hair colors we'll be adding from colorful Dragon Valley.

Or maybe another unique skin tone, like the yellow one young Ryan Hooley inherited from his mother, Marion.

Though he did get his father Robin's dark brown hair, so he's definitely a combination of his parents.

He seems like a nice boy as he invited Cameron over after school, though I just shake my head at the tank top and sandals he's wearing during the cold and snowy winter season.

The boys are conscientious and settle down to do homework first thing.

Ryan seems to be having some trouble as he scratches his head and frowns at his homework.

While Cameron is skimming through his quite quickly.

Back at the main Frio house, I find Leila doing her homework too.

Along with evil brat Finnegan Dolan.

Juliette's come home from her first day of school starving and digs into her favorite food, cheesesteak.

But, once she's finished, she gets right to her homework as well.

Finnegan's finished his homework, and his thoughts reveal why he's come back to the Frio home!

Evil and focused on wealth? A budding gold-digger perhaps!?!

I sincerely hope one of the girls doesn't fall for him!

But where's Taylee?

I find her outside having a water balloon fight with Bella!

This seems like a nice way for them to establish a better relationship.

Or it would if it was any season but winter!

Hopefully, Bella isn't trying to keep Taylee outside until she's freezing…

Bella's extra family-oriented trait tempers her evilness a bit, but she's been evil and grumpy since birth, so those traits are deeply ingrained.

With paparazzi Ellen Curren taking notes of the event, it'd be pretty hard for Bella to call it an 'accident'!

But I'll be keeping watch as well, just in case.

And I'm not the only one as Samuel's arrived to stake out his favorite rocker.

"Evening, Watcher. Just stopped in to check on the children. My first visit on their birthdays ended rather abruptly!"

"It did! I thought you'd hang around for a bit, but you disappeared before Cameron blew out his candles."

"Not by choice, Watcher! Jared…"

I interrupt, "I figured Jared was involved! He always is when something goes wrong! But since the incident with Lorelei, he's not been around."

Samuel tips his head towards the wall behind him and says, "I believe he's ended his self-imposed exile…"

I check the music room and, sure enough, there's Jared!

But instead of his usual cocky stance and attitude, he keeps his head averted, almost bowed in…shame?

I'm not sure what to make of that as Jared knows how to play others very, very well.

"I'm not playing at anything, Watcher."

How does he DO that!?!

But before I can ask, he says, "Please, let me get comfortable, and then we can talk."

PLEASE!?! From Jared? I've definitely got to see where this is going!

"Fine. Take a seat. I can't wait to hear your excuses this time."

Samuel's already taken the other rocker saying, "I'm all ears, too!"

Unfortunately, Adam decided to visit just as Tabatha and Dane realized there were ghosts in the room.

So, instead of getting to hear Jared's explanation, we get everyone freaking out and warding off the family ghosts!

Now, I can see that happening with unknown ghosts, but family ghosts that have been around for 13 generations!?!

Ones they are friends with too!

At least, Tabatha is friends with Jared and Jared is Adam's grandfather!

Just as I move to get closer, Jared chuckles and says, "Couldn't have timed that better if I'd tried! Catch me another time, Watcher!"

We've had our first visit from ghostly Lorelei since she went back to the Netherworld, so everything is back to normal!

As normal as it gets for the Frio family.

Jade and Pal's triplets have aged to toddlers and are adorable, with distinctly different genetics from each other.

Opal is light-skinned with blonde hair, Pearl has ebony skin with light-brown hair, and Ruby is tanned with raven hair!
(If I write it and repeat it enough, I may remember which one is which! Maybe.)

The quads have gone to school for the first time.

Cameron was invited over to the Hooley home by their oldest son, Ryan, who seems like a nice boy.

Though Leila brought Finnegan Dolan home from school and he's not only evil but focused on money!

And Jared's finally showed up, but managed to avoid giving any kind of explanation, which is just like him!

I could spend all my time trying to catch him, but he'd enjoy that too much and frankly, I'm not really all that interested in what excuses he's dreamed up this time.

I'm more interested in who else the quads will meet at school!

Hopefully, a lot more kids as Cameron wants to throw a slumber party!

Join me in Chapter 384: Grade School Days

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 384: Grade School Days
« Reply #416 on: May 16, 2023, 02:10:54 PM »
The rest of the week settled into a regular routine of events.

Mornings began with one of the quads baking with the toy oven and enjoying the results for breakfast.

Even though it was her first attempt, Juliette didn't even burn her muffin!

After school, they all gathered at the large dining table to work on homework.

Sometimes it was peppered with bits of conversation, "Next time you need a photo, Jules, make sure you get one of me exercising rather than in my pj's! And please stop showing that one around school. It's embarrassing!"

Even saying that had Cameron's cheeks heating up with a tinge of pink.

Leila pipes up, "Better yet, stick to taking outdoor photos, Cam and I wouldn't be IN any of those!"

Juliette didn't respond to either of her siblings suggestions, she just chuckled and kept on with her homework.

As classes progressed, the quads worked even harder to keep their grades up.

The scratching of pencils and rubbing of erasers resounding through the main floor.

But it wasn't all work, the kids found plenty of time to play!

Leila discovered the costume box and found the black knight to be her favorite.

But even dressed in a costume, she focused on her skills, challenging her dad to a game of chess.

Nearby, Cameron was busy trying to discover his first potion.

Surprisingly, he didn't freak out or blow himself up!

Alana came home after school one day and Juliette started chatting away to her.

"I'm so glad you don't mind going outside Alana! Cam and Leila hate it and Taylee always wants to make a deal to play together.

But instead of making deals, Taylee was focused on a new skill, learning to write.

Then Cameron discovered the costume box and decided to play knight, dressed in royal blue.

I smiled as he gave a tentative wave to his subjects.

But my smile turned to astonishment when he walked toward Leila's bed and dramatically flung his hand over his face as he sank to his knees!

And passed out cold on the floor!

Never, not one time in all my years playing Sims have I had a child do this while playing dress up!

I have no idea if it's something that normally happens or if it's because he's neurotic.

He'd barely recovered, deciding to exercise to the radio in the living room, when Bella crept up behind him and gave a loud shriek, "AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!"

I expected him to hit the floor again but, though he clutched his chest, heart pounding, he stayed on his feet.

Nearby, in the music room, I found Claire and Lorelei chatting in the rockers.

"I'm surprised that you're allowing such things, Watcher!" Claire grumped.

"I do my best to keep Bella busy, Claire, but she gets away from me in such a large household. I do wish she'd stick to adults for her jump scares though, instead of picking on the children, especially Cam. He'd already fainted earlier today, and he worries about enough things that he doesn't need his grandmother adding to them."

"Cam? We weren't talking about him. But it proves my point! The way Bella treats her own grandchildren, she'd got no business trying to add to the family!"

"Adding to the family!?! What are you talking about?"

The words are barely out of my mouth when I hear a romantic melody!

I get to Bella and Dane's bedroom just in time to see the flutter of red hearts falling gently to the coverlet!

I brace for it but I'm still shocked when I hear the lullaby!

"What have you two done!?!"

Bella, looking like the cat who ate the canary, smirks and says, "It's pretty obvious, Watcher!"

Dane raises a brow and adds, "You're not a genius, but even you should be able to figure this one out!"

"I leave you two alone for one minute after adding Woohooer and THIS happens…I hope you're both happy!"

My anger doesn't daunt them in the least as they both fold their hands complacently over their stomachs and reply in unison, "Extremely!"

Still fuming, I find Lorelei in the rocker on the back porch.

"I don't know why I expect evil sims to change their ways! This house is busy enough without adding a baby to it…"

A smile plays on Lorelei's lips as she says, "Well, there's no rule saying they have to keep living here.  Grandparents move out before the rest of the family continues the journey. So, they just move out a little early..."

My anger fades replaced by a growing sense of satisfaction, "And with Bella having the fertility reward, they both might just regret this decision!"

Lorelei's smile grows as she adds, "Especially if they have to raise multiples all on their own!"

"I'm beginning to think you have an evil streak of your own, Lorelei! I like it!"

Unaware of the adult happenings, the quads are happily engaged in normal activities.

Taylee and Juliette watching a tv program before bed.

While Cameron is up with the sun chasing bandits!

As he claps happily after the chase, I see that his traumatic experiences haven't affected him too adversely.

I hope it stays that way and he gets a good teen trait.

Or one that's not negative anyway.

Juliette enjoys a sporting video game before school, commenting, "Just look at these wide angle shots, Watcher! I can't wait to start taking photos like these!"

"All in good time Juliette. Now it's time to get ready for school."

With the quads off to school and the weather warming up, Bella and Tabitha take the opportunity to work in their small garden.

Lee still needs life fruit for his last Simbot and it wouldn't hurt to have some to restock the family chests.

I'm not sure what paparazzi Ellen Curren finds so fascinating about gardening.

Though I'm sure she's hoping Bella will fly off the handle about something, just to get the scoop.

But it's not Bella that surprises me, it's Tabitha!

As she spins into her career outfit and runs off to catch her carpool.

After having so many maternity days off that we've almost forgotten she has a job!

Now that they've started school, the quads are studying hard and Tabitha's gone back to work at the bistro.

Bella and Dane have decided to have another child and with Bella's fertility reward it could be multiples!

Which has me very much inclined to follow Lorelei's suggestion and have them move out sooner rather than later.

Not only would that prevent me from having to raise he/she/them, it would also serve Bella and Dane right having to raise he/she/them on their own!

But I'm getting ahead of myself as there are plenty of other events coming up.

Join me for Chapter 385: Grade School Slumber Party
Coming soon.
(Hopefully, not 3 months like this one!)

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
Re: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story
« Reply #417 on: May 26, 2023, 01:38:00 PM »
Ooof. Surprise baby chimes! Bella just can't behave, can she? I'm with Lorelei. Let her change the diapers without divine intervention!

Glad to see it updated again! :)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 385: Grade School Slumber Party-- Part 1
« Reply #418 on: July 23, 2023, 11:39:54 AM »

Instead of coming home on the bus after school, Taylee and Juliette sat outside the entrance doors waiting for other classmates to leave the building.

They worked on homework while they waited, Taylee scratching her head as she asked, "If Train A leaves Sunset Valley at 4 pm, traveling 60 mph, and Train B leaves at 5 pm, traveling 90 mph, what time will Train B catch Train A?"

Juliette snorted and said, "Who cares as long as they enjoy all the trees along the way!"

"That doesn't help, Jules! I need a real answer!"

In a hissed whisper, Juliette replied, "Never mind homework, Tay, Jonah Burb just walked out the doors."

Taylee raced after Jonah and caught up with him at the corner of the building.

"Hey, Jonah, wanna play tag?"

"Okay. You're it!"

After chasing each other around for a bit, Jonah stopped, slumped, and heaved a sigh, "Whew, I'm tired. Let's call it a tie."

"Okay. I wanted to ask you something anyway."

Jonah turned around and asked, "Oh? What?"

I smile as now's the perfect time for Taylee to mention Cameron's slumber party.

To my shock she says, "You wouldn't happen to have any extra simoleans on you, would you?"

I'm expecting Jonah to be totally put off by her request, but instead, he cheerfully says, "I've got one left over from my lunch money. Here you go!"

"Thanks, Jonah! You're the first sim who's ever actually given me anything!"

Jonah shrugs and says, "Anything for a friend!"

Taylee smiles and adds, "Does that mean you'd come to my brother's slumber party tonight?"

"Sure. I've never been to a slumber party before."

"That's great because we've never had one before!"

At the house, Cameron is having a rather more stilted conversation with Alana Dolan.

"Um, hey Alana. I was just, um, wondering, if maybe…, well, er, if you…"

As Lee watched his young son struggle with his invitation, he put his nearly maxed charisma skill to good use and said, "Just tell her you're having a slumber party and invite her to join, Cam."

Cameron took a deep breath and blurted, "My Dad said to tell you I'm having a slumber party! You wanna join?"

Cameron's voice only hitched a bit when he said, "7 0'clock, see you then!"

Lee whispered to Indigo, "I think that did the trick, boy!"

I laughed and said, "In more ways than one. Cam's invitation was accepted, and you just maxed charisma!"

Despite having school mates arriving soon, Leila was busy upstairs discovering a potion.

With chemistry being so volatile a skill, I left her to it as the doorbell rang.

I found Cameron greeting Enid Mithrilen, "Thanks for coming, Enid! My sisters will be thrilled to have another girl around."

While a boy I didn't recognize, one wearing a beanie with his pajamas, seemed a bit star-struck by Cameron's celebrity status.

I did a quick check (or rather a tedious loading up of an older save) to find that his name is either Quintin Dougherty or Lonnie Sawyer---as there are two boys in the quad's relationship panels wearing that same hat! Neither one is a child of an original resident, so not really spouse material.

Jonah Burb is, though he seems less than thrilled to be here as he slumps dejectedly by the front door.

But once Jonah gets inside and changes into his car pajamas, he goes racing across the room!

Quintin/Lonnie stands by tapping his foot as Branwyn O'Shea enjoys the incense holder's pleasing scent.

And Cam now stands tongue-tied just staring at Enid as she stares back at him.

Upstairs, Leila's moved on from skilling to chasing bandits again.

"Whoa, horse, whoa! I'll never catch the bandits if you buck me off!"

"It's time to join your siblings and school mates downstairs anyway. Your mom made hot dogs and spaghetti."

"Be right down, Watcher. The bandits are just over the next hill!"

Looks like hot dogs are the favorite so far as Alana has joined Branwyn, Jonah, and Enid at the dining room table.

Taylee's donned her court costume with the bright idea of gaining a few more subjects, I'm sure.

While poor Quintin/Lonnie is sitting all alone at the breakfast bar.

But when Leila grabs a plate of spaghetti and joins them, Quintin/Lonnie claps excitedly at her arrival!

Alana adds a point to her spouse list as she starts cleaning up the empty plates.

As the kids finish up their dinner, Enid says, "Thanks for inviting me, Cameron. You have an awesome house."

This earns Cam a concerned look from Alana.

But luckily, he's busy eating his spaghetti, and doesn't notice or else I'm sure he would have turned pink.

Quintin/Lonnie is staring so long at the table, I'm wondering if he's going to pitch in and help Alana clean up.

But instead, Q/L follows Taylee's lead, twirls into his court costume and begins his reign.

Looking a bit startled as Cameron immediately bows to him, saying, "Milord."

That's when I notice Cameron's thought bubble and realize the boy must be Quintin because of the green shirt!

After dinner, Ryan Hooley grabbed a joystick and started playing a video game with Cam and Juliette.

"You're slowing down, Jules, I'm catching up fast!"

"I'm getting sleepy. Isn't it almost time for bed?"

"Bed? No way! The party's just getting started. I haven't even told a ghost story yet!"

Taylee, playing a video game on the PC nearby, adds, "I'm getting sleepy too. You better start that ghost story Cam, or we're all going to fall asleep."

In the kitchen, Branwyn, Enid and Alana are finishing up the dishes as Cam calls everyone into the living room.

Cam waits for everyone to gather 'round and begins, "It was a dark and spooky night, with barely a sliver of a moon. Just enough light to see the cold and clammy mist rising over the swamp…to see things, inhuman things, making their way towards the unsuspecting sims in the old cottage…"

Alana shied away as Cam stomped his feet and roared, "The largest beast snorted and snarled, licking his chops at the smell of fresh prey!"

And everyone shivered as Cam intoned, "And no one ever went near the swamp of bones again!"

Dane laughed evilly when Cam finished, "My turn! I've got one that'll scare the pants off you!"

But none of the kids took him up on his offer.

In fact, both Branwyn and Alana moaned, "I'm too sleepy!"

With Cam and Leila nodding in agreement.

Dane wandered off muttering, "Spoilsports. I guess I'll just go play my guitar…"

The children all started pulling out sleeping bags and finding clear spaces on the floor.

Soon the darkened living room was covered with blue bags, a green one, and a black one.

The only sound the loud snores of very tired children.

Cameron's slumber party has gotten off to a good start with great food, reigning over the court, video games, and a gruesome ghost story.

Will it end as well as it began?

Let's find out in Chapter 385: Grade School Slumber Party-- Part 2
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Chapter 385: Grade School Slumber Party-- Part 2
« Reply #419 on: July 29, 2023, 10:43:04 AM »

Unfortunately, I should have been paying attention to all those TV thought bubbles with a line through them.

As it wasn't from any of the kids being technophobes but an indication that the TV was broken.

Which woke up all the children right after they fell asleep.

Cam kept his thoughts to himself but both Alana and Enid were quite vocal about the static waking them up.

Alana kept her displeasure down to a querulous complaint, "I'm never going to get any sleep with the TV making all that racket."

But Enid didn't hide her anger as she shouted, "Somebody fix that thing before I start screaming!"

I didn't point out that she already was, but she's definitely lost spouse points, as she may have inherited one or more of her father's many negative traits.

Fintan Mithrilen is grumpy, mean spirited, a perfectionist, and has no sense of humor.

Dealing with grumpy, evil Bella for three towns has provided more than enough grumpiness for me.

But maybe Enid's just a light sleeper like her mother, Aine.

Leila decided that sleeping in her quiet bedroom was better than the noisy living room and headed down the hall.

But to her surprise, and mine, Jonah was tucked up in her bed listening attentively to a bedtime story.

And it was Enid's older brother Caine that was reading it!

Caine is the unborn baby that Aine Mithrilen is expecting at the start of a fresh Dragon Valley game.

With Caine being born so early after the Frio family's arrival in DV, I'd not paid much attention to him.

But seeing his handsome monochromatic blueness, I might have been a bit hasty about not considering him for the spouse lists.

Especially with three potential female heirs.

Out on the back porch, I get another surprise, Alana is sitting in a rocker next to ghostly Samuel!

Samuel has a gentle smile on his face, but little Alana's eyes are so huge it looks like she's seen, well, a ghost.

I'm just surprised that she's not screamed and run away.

But it's her actions afterward that bring a smile to my face as they are just the opposite of what usually happens with ghosts.

Samuel had moved into the music room and Alana jumped up, clapped her hands together and said excitedly, "Did you see that Mr. Fallon, did you see!?! I was sitting next to a real ghost! A famous one!"

"I saw Miss Dolan. In fact, I got several photos and I'll make sure you get one! You're a pretty brave little girl!"

Speaking of brave, Jonah's left Leila's bed to chat with Bella, "Is it true, Mrs. Frio? Do you have ghosts here!?!"

Bella stares down at Jonah and brusquely replies, "Of course we have ghosts, kid! What kind of legacy family do you think we are!?!"

But suddenly Bella pauses and her whole look changes.

Literally.

She's spun into maternity wear, her evil red aura flaring brightly, as she gazes down at her new baby bump with love.

She pats it gently as she croons, "Well, hello their little ones! You soak up as much of my evil aura as you can! Mommy needs more minions!"

Jonah gulps but doesn't comment, as he realizes that Bella is even more evil than Dane!

And once again, Alana surprises me.

She claps happily at seeing Bella and says cheerfully, "Hi, Mrs. Frio. This has been a great night! First a ghost story, then a real ghost, and now you're home! It just doesn't get any better than this!"

I'm not sure if this adds or subtracts from Alana's appeal.

Liking the family ghosts is one thing, but liking Bella?

Maybe it's just the celebrity status that appeals to her?

With my luck, it'll be something worse than that and Alana will end up being evil!

Poor Jonah is still dwelling on Dane.

And Jonah's thoughts have conjured him up!

"Oh, it's you Mr. Frio!"

"Of course, it's me, kid! It's my house and you're out here making all sorts of noise, right outside my bedroom!"

"S..s…sorry about that sir…"

Luckily for Jonah, Dane's distracted when Bella calls to him.

"It's official, love! We're having a baby! Hopefully, more than one as I need a bigger crew of minions. And if that girl can have four at once, so can I!"

Dane clenches his fists and does a happy dance at Bella's news.

While John Fallon smiles at getting the scoop on such a juicy bit of gossip!

Dane ignores the intruding paparazzi and focuses on Bella's tummy as he talks to his children.

"And you'll have teddy bears to destroy and IF dolls to do your bidding as you get older…"

"What's with you two and the indoctrination of your unborn child!?!"

Bella doesn't even look up as she says, "Go away, Watcher! Dane and I already gave you three children for your journey. These children are ours to raise, any way we see fit, and you're ruining our special moment!"

As I watch the two of them, Bella pulls Dane into a romantic hug and whispers, "This time it will be different, Dane. We'll do things our way…"

I really wanted to burst Bella's bubble but, seeing her content face, I kept my words to myself.

And after a moment, I realize she's actually right!

If I follow through on Lorelei's suggestion, Bella and Dane will be raising this child on their own.

It would serve them both right if it was multiples and they were all just as difficult to deal with as they are!

So, I leave them to their moment.

Upstairs, I find Cameron talking to Alana.

"If our teacher is able to get tickets to the next home game, maybe we could go together?"

"Seriously? You're asking me to a game? Just like that?"

"I… I…not if…you don't want to..."

Alana pulled Cam into a friendly hug and said, "I was just surprised that's all! Of course, I'd go with you!"

Then she twirled into her everyday clothes and headed out the door saying, "Great party, Cam! I had a wonderful time!"

Cameron just stood there, watching her go with a bemused smile on his face.

As Cameron headed downstairs, he met Ryan in the hallway.

"Hey, Cam! Just came up to tell you I gotta go home now. I really had fun playing that race game with you and Juliette. Maybe I can come over again for a rematch?"

Cam nodded, "That would be great, Ryan. I've got some sports games we could try out too."

Another step towards making a friend.

In the foyer, Taylee and Cruz are bonding as well.

And Quintin, still reigning as King, echoes Alana's thoughts on the party.

Enid, our latest Queen, is clapping her hands for everyone's attention, "Hear ye, hear ye, one and all, my loyal subjects. This party is officially declared complete and a grand success!"

With that she twirls into her outerwear, grabs a sunbrella and heads home.

Ryan gives one last fond look at the video game system and follows her out the door.

With the party over, Juliette gets back to business.

"I can't wait to get a good camera Dad! Just think how much better my photos would be if I had one of the new ones."

"My photos wouldn't be all grainy and amateurish, and I could take pictures like a pro!"

"And if you had transportation, you could take photos all over Dragon Valley."

"Would you really take me out in a Motive Mobile? Or maybe in one of the police cars!?!"

"Not so fast, Jules. That wouldn't be good for the environment, and I don't think the local police force would approve of us racing around in an unregistered police car. I've got something much better, and safer, in mind."

He bought all of them bicycles!

Yellow for Juliette, purple for Taylee, black for Leila, and turquoise for Cameron.

Not that Leila and Cam will want to be outside riding bikes much, but with quads, everything comes in four!

But bicycles were the last thing on my mind when several birthday notices popped up on my screen.

Dermot Cullen and Enya Gallagher's twins aged to toddlers!

And just look at them!

Damien has pink skin and blonde hair and Daeric has lilac skin with black hair.

I may need to age these two up a bit early!

Not to be outdone, paparazzi John Fallon and wife Mary (Maloney) also have twin toddlers.

Sons, Jaeger and Max.

But with the distance and those close-cropped hairstyles it's hard to tell what they really look like.

Jaeger definitely takes after his daddy with that sleepy expression and his dark green hair and brows.

Paired with his light green skin tone, it's quite the combination.

The yellow eyes and elf-tipped ears are icing on the cake!

But his twin brother Max has both as well.

Plus, deep green skin and his mother's white hair.

He looks a bit more mischievous than his sleepy-eyed twin.

Cameron's slumber party was a success and the quads have started a few more friendships.

Alana Dolan is not only great at cleaning, but she was also truly excited about meeting ghostly Samuel and evil Bella!

Bella's gotten her first baby bump and shared the news with a very excited Dane.

I haven't broken the news to them yet, that if they have multiples, they'll be moving out ASAP.

For me, that'll be saving the best news for last!

And some age ups around town have me itching to age them up a bit more.

Cameron has a potential spouse, several actually, but his three sisters don't.

I think the Cullen and Fallon twins should be given that opportunity.

Especially with their colorful looks!

Let's see what happens in Chapter 386: More Friends
Coming soon.

anything