Author Topic: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 6.11, Part 2 - They Had Other Plans  (Read 54489 times)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.1 - Sanity Is Key
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2019, 03:20:40 PM »
Welcome to the Timeless Short Dynasty, generation two! Now, I have played through a large chunk of this generation and you guys have no idea, NO IDEA what's in store. This generation is one big "wait, THAT can happen?" It was for me at least. So as this is a new generation, we got some extra information to get out of the way!
First, I created a family tree that can be found here. I also finally created a post with the current score that can be found here. The way I sort the points is all points collected by members before an heir or heiress reaches the age of young adult go under that previous generation. This includes any points the spares have contributed. All portraits and sculptures of family members are added on separately underneath the current generation. While editing photos for Hera's generation, I noticed that I wrote that Spydon has the Master Romancer lifetime wish instead of the Zombie Master lifetime wish. This is wrong and I went back and fixed it. He hasn't completed the lifetime wish yet, but when he does, it will go count for Hera's generation. Alright, time to get this ball rolling!

I just want to remind you all what Hera's wonderful traits are and the lifetime wish she has, so I whipped this up in Gimp real quick.

This picture took a little, LITTLE longer. I'm super proud of it though I do want to clarify I didn't create the smoke effect. I used a brush specially made for it.

Here's the other picture I made for Hera's generation because I was having too much fun in Gimp.
Alright, time to pick up where we left off!

It wasn't just Hera's birthday, but the twin's too!
Arius aged up first even though he wasn't born first which will forever confuse me.

He gained the socially-awkward trait to add to genius, couch potato, and artistic. I added red streaks to his hair because it's his favorite color. The hairstyle he has shows it a lot.
Arius may not be an Aries clone? He may have Spydon's face shape but I can't really tell. I want to say yes.

Ace aged up with the bot-fan trait to add to brave, virtuoso, and perceptive. There is no doubt in my mind that he is completely an Aries clone.

Spydon made this absolutely gorgeous painting I have never seen before. I love it.

Keep on painting! Time is of the essence!
"It's almost like it's a Short Dynasty, Watcher."
Glad to see you haven't lost your sass in your old age, Spydon.

Hera is working on reaching level three of the spell-casting spell so that can she duel with Spydon nonstop. They are both going to duel with each other until they reach level ten and then cause general havoc to my poor save as they bring twenty sims back to life. It's as messy as it sounds in theory, trust me.

Arius got a small break from painting to go and meet potential spouses for Hera. Yay!
"Yay. I'm so excited."
This one stood out to me. Usually my sims gravitate towards certain others in game and their spouse falls into my lap but NOT IN THIS CASE. Hera's stellar personality is not sim-friendly. Still, an effort must be made.

Speaking of Hera, she finally reached level three of the spell-casting skill and the dueling began!
"DAD THAT'S NOT FAIR."
"Magic isn't fair, Hera. One day you're turning someone into a toad and the next you're accidentally burning your house down."
"That sounds like a BLAST either way."
"My child...did you just a make a pun?"
It was at that moment Spydon was the proudest he'll ever be of Hera.
Ever.

Sadly, all good things must come to an end because everyone had to attend Hera's graduation.
"I'm too young to be your mother, Hera!"
"Are you disowning me then?"
"I'm disowning your age."
"............."
"................."
"What?"
When the insane sim questions something, you know that means it's madness.

Awwww, Hera's classmates know her so well!
"They're just offended because I threw a party and didn't invite anyone but myself. Losers."

I have no idea why Spydon and Arius are laughing at this poor guy. He looks so sad. :(

Whatever they have against them, this guy has a CARDINAL.
A CARDINAL.
I didn't even know Cardinals were in the Sims 3?

I had Hera rush over to meet him and no hearts sadly. I still had her give it a shot though because...that bird. I need that bird in my life.
"So do you have any redeeming qualities about yourself except having a bird my Watcher wants? No? Okay then."
"I don't even know you...?"

"I'm not marrying you for your bird!"
"Are you insane?"
"Yes."
So I guess that's that and bird guy and his cardinal will not be joining the household. :(

Thankfully, Hera met another guy! He's pretty cute.
"NO."
Hera, why?
"You'll see. You'll ALL see."

I had them talk and...their traits are exact opposites. Hera started insulting him automatically and rolled wishes to continue to do so.

This led to them being attracted to each other, naturally.

"Let's be friends. I'll visit your house and...when you're not looking, cast a little spell!"
"What?"
"Fire blast, fool."
Hera, no. You are NOT murdering this man.
"Hera, yes."
"Who are you talking to?"
So Hera quite literally rolled a wish to go to his house after rolling several wishes to be mean to him like I mentioned. As I want this short dynasty to be (slightly) sane, this guy will not be joining the household.

On that note, the first chapter of generation two comes to an end! Bye guys!

Offline Trident

• Occult
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.1 - Sanity Is Key
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2019, 12:04:32 AM »
Would I marry a guy for his bird? Absolutely.

(Congrats on the spell-casting! It's always been a hassle for me).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2019, 06:04:51 AM »
OMG! She is so freaking perfect!!! I'm in love *heart farts all over the place*

Sent from my SM-A605FN using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2019, 03:51:55 PM »
Would I marry a guy for his bird? Absolutely.

(Congrats on the spell-casting! It's always been a hassle for me).

I would do the same thing. Especially a bird that is tamed so well that you can carry it around in public? Yes please.
Thank you!  ;D

OMG! She is so freaking perfect!!! I'm in love *heart farts all over the place*

Sent from my SM-A605FN using Tapatalk

I'm glad you love Hera so much! She's fun to write. I rarely have sims with the mean-spirited trait.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.2 - Opposites Attract?
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 03:59:35 PM »
Welcome back! Last time spouse hunting went horribly and Hera was plotting the murder of somebody. Yay? Can it get crazier? Yes.

"Oh, hey! It's my friend! Hey, Cedrick!"
Wait, you have a friend?
"Of course I do. I have many friends. You just can't see them and you don't bother to check the relationship panel."
Holy crap, you're right!

Cue the goofy faces from both of them. Cedrick is also is a good-looking sim, though this isn't the best picture of him.
"YOU TAKE THAT BACK."
No.

For the sake of everyone and Hera not stabbing me, these two seem smitten with each other already.
Awwww.
It only took a few interactions until he was ready to move in....all interactions I didn't record. *Shakes fist at past self*

Cedrick also brought a puppy with him! I named her Hattie Timeless and she's fantastic. Her traits are non-destructive, neat, and genius. This dog has some of the best traits ever.

Cedrick, you might ask? Well after getting a makeover, I took a peek at his traits. His traits are neurotic, good, bookworm, light sleeper, and nurturing.
He's...the opposite of Hera. The exact opposite.
"Is that okay, strange voice I'm now hearing?"
I really just don't know what to make of this.
His lifetime wish is also Animal Rescuer which is not happening. He's in the medical career though so the plan is that he will reach the top of that instead of completing his lifetime wish.
"Oh...okay?"
Just roll with it.

On another note, I took this gorgeous picture of Ace. This, THIS is the type of picture I would try to take when I wrote plot-driven sim stories.

"Uh hello! Focus on me! The sim with the best genetics!"
Good to see that Aries's gene of "needing the spotlight on her at all times" is going strong.

You know what I don't miss about writing plot-driven sim stories though? Worrying about hair clipping.
"Fix it! Fix it, Watcher!"
Nah. Deal with it. 8)

Hattie is absolutely adorable. It's been so long since I have had a puppy in game! Look at her little hop! Look at it!

Here's another picture of Ace because...I took it and forgot why I did.
"Is it because I really like pancakes?"
I don't think so? I just wish I could remember.

Here's the last picture of Aries as an adult before she turns into an elder.
"I turn into a WHAT?"

The sparkles have begun!
"NO, NO! I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS! I DIDN'T SIGN UP TO BE OLD!"

"Well I mean..."
"HAHAHA! YOU'RE OLD NOW! MY MOM IS OLD!"
"We can be old together, Aries!"

"Fix this, Watcher."
I can't.
"Ugh."

Spydon still looks at her like she's the most beautiful person he has ever seen though.
Oh, Spydon.

Hera and Spydon were back to dueling once Aries aged up. Spydon wins some duels and Hera wins some.

I think winning or losing the duel is up to random chance. Spydon has the highest spell-casting level out of the two of him, and he loses his fair share of duels.

Here's another picture of little Hattie. <3

Cedrick spends his time working on maxing his logic skill for the medical career.

Well, that's the end of this chapter. Bye guys!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.2 - Opposites Attract?
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2019, 10:34:53 AM »
What ever pictures you do or don't remember to take, well, it really doesn't matter because there are cute puppy pictures.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.2 - Opposites Attract?
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2019, 01:45:53 PM »
What ever pictures you do or don't remember to take, well, it really doesn't matter because there are cute puppy pictures.

Hahaha, that is is the most important thing of all! I absolutely adore Hattie.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.3 - Poor Fishes
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2019, 01:57:58 PM »
Welcome back! In the last chapter, Aries aged up to an elder and Cedrick joined the household along with adorable Hattie.

I absolutely love the dueling interaction. The effects are stunning, even if they don't always line up perfectly. All Spydon and Hera do is duel. I've completely given up on having them do anything else.

Arius and Aries spend the majority of their time painting. They only stop painting to take care of their needs and go to work or school.
"We're basically slaves!"
It's a short dynasty, Aries.
"You take away my youth and now THIS?"
Oh, Aries.

Everyone was busy skilling and the fish hadn't been fed for a while and...
No.

Noooo! Poor fish! They were too young! The only one to survive was Beatrice the Deathfish. :(
I have the inconvenient power of being able to kill off all fish, even those that are digital. The only fish that survive my accidental wrath are the digital fish inside the digital game. How?

"So the Watcher managed to kill off all our fish."
Hey! It wasn't all of them! Just the large majority!
"You seem surprised, Arius."
"I'm not surprised, I'm disappointed."
That's cold. Stone cold.

At that moment, I decided it was time for a vacation and whisked Hera, Cedrick, Spydon, and Aries away to China. The twins stayed at home because there was no point in them going.

Spydon was off to complete the opportunity chain he had started way back in generation one, Aries was going to skill, and Cedrick and Hera?
It was time to get this romance started.

One heat of the moment kiss and...

...rejection?
"Rejection?"

"You can't just kiss someone you just met, Hera!"
"What? You live in my house."
"Yeah, but we're just roommates and I wanted to give my dog a better life!"
"Are you nuts?"
"Look, it's just a little soon, okay? We're only friends, not best friends, you know?"
"Oh."
Well I didn't see that coming. Also...just roommates? You have got to be kidding me. He can't be that dense, right?

So it turns out that Spydon has to reach level ten of the martial arts skill to complete "the next step in the opportunity."
Screaming noises
He's already at 87% of the way to getting a level three visa at this point. This is ridiculous.

On a happier note, things seemed to be progressing better for Cedrick and Hera….

...much better.

"It's about time you realized I'm the best you are ever going to get."
"It just took me a bit."

These two are strangely adorable together. I like how Cedrick balances Hera out.

Cedrick and Hera also popped wishes to go steady, and so I made it happen. It only took Aries and Spydon seven, seven chapters to go steady, so I'm a bit surprised Hera wanted to go steady so quickly.
"Hey! I'm not my parents. I love my dad...and my mom too, but I'm not them."
Yeah, yeah.

Hera then went into the base camp and helped Cedrick with his logic skill.

That's all for this chapter! Bye guys!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.4 - An Electrifying Chapter
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2019, 06:58:46 PM »
Hi guys! In the last chapter the fish died, Cedrick and Hera went steady, and now Spydon has to max martial arts for a crazy opportunity chain that I should have not accepted in the first place.

Spydon is surprisingly doing well.
"Thanks for the note of confidence, Watcher."

I have never been more stressed by an opportunity in my life.
"WHY DO YOU HATE ME? WHY?"

Spydon still continued on, time after time. He only stopped when the game forced him to. One zap from the moodlet manager, and he was back to learning martial arts.
"I hate life..."
...and I hate this opportunity.

Things could be going worse, but they aren't and that's the good thing here. Also, fall is gorgeous in China.

Aries joined in in helping Spydon train!
"The Watcher forced me to."
She's such a loving girlfriend.

They ended up sparring for hours on end while I just pushed the fast-forward button as many times as I could.

Meanwhile, Hera and Cedrick were...okay, I admit to not focusing on them. Hera worked on her...handiness skill?

She also told ghost stories in her free time.
"...and he was struck by lightning!"
He was struck by lightning?

HOLY CRAP, SPYDON? SPYDON?
"World going dark..."
SPYDON? WHAT?
So, Spydon got struck by lightning and survived. That's a thing. I...I don't know what to say.

The moodlet manager solves everything though?
"You're insane, woman. INSANE."
Yeah, yeah just max the martial arts skill and please don't get struck by lightning again.
"Hmph."

Spydon finally maxed martial arts! The best thing is that this stupid opportunity chain must be d-

-you're kidding me. YOU'RE KIDDING ME.
I tried to set up the first martial arts fight, but it just wasn't worth it. Spydon was already at visa level three so it was time to buy a house.

"Just give me whatever works and screams 'my Watcher is going to have to renovate this.'"

I'm definitely going to have renovate this house. It's not bad at all, I just felt too lazy to build and the household funds were low after buying it. I'll worry about it the next time the Timeless family goes on vacation.

Cedrick and Hera tried for a baby with the few remaining hours of their vacation and chimes were heard! Is the generation three heir/heiress coming into play soon, perhaps?

The Timeless family were glad to be back home, some more than others.
"Heck yeah! I get to be the main focus again!"

I didn't record this fish's name, but he joined the household. Let's just call him...Jim. Jim the Salamander.

Spydon finally finished Aries's portrait and I think it looks great.
"Thanks, Watcher."

Feeling a bit queasy there, Hera?
"I'm regretting my life choices."

Uh..Aries?
"Shush now, Watcher. I'm talking to my boss."
I can't breathe. The unicorn horn is a nice touch. Why did the game decide that was a work appropriate outfit? Wait, why do I have that in my game? Why?

Arius is painting as usual.
"Yay. Go me."

On a more exciting note, Hattie is aging up!

She's still adorable, just a bit older now.

She's such a good dog.

Hera is pregnant! "I'm surprised," said no one ever.

Well, I'm at the picture limit! Bye guys! See you next time!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.5 - The Monster Mash
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2019, 04:56:20 PM »
Hello there! I'm so obsessed with this challenge it isn't even funny anymore. I was going to work on my other challenge but...here I am. Anyways, I'm posting this chapter only a day later than the previous two, so no recap this time.

Awwww! Cedrick and Hera are absolutely adorable together and it seems like a wedding will be in the future!

With one last duel, Spydon and Hera have officially maxed the spell-casting spell! I have no plans on doing the Zombie Master Lifetime Wish again, at least not for a few more generations.

Before raising the dead can begin, two birthdays have to take place!

"I'm going to be free! Freedom!"

"I'm still going to be stuck here."

Ace aged up with eccentric trait to add to brave, virtuoso, perceptive, and bot-fan. His lifetime wish is to become a Hit Movie Composer.

Aries aged up with the bookworm trait to add to genius, couch potato, artistic, and socially awkward. His lifetime wish is to become an Illustrious Author. He'll definitely be able to complete it because he's going to be chained to the easel.

Now as for Ace...GET OUT.
"I can really feel the love, Watcher."
I adore you, Ace. I really do. Just make sure to have adorable babies.
"I...don't know how to respond to that."

Aries finished Ace's portrait and it looks good for once!
"YOU CAN'T RUSH ART, WATCHER. YOU CAN'T RUSH IT."

Hey guys, what's with the screaming?

Oh.

To keep Spydon from screaming while Hera was in labor, I sent him to the cemetery to start raising the dead and to grab any tombstones he could find.

"MUWAHAHAHA!"

Yay for bringing back dead townies?
Raiding the mausoleum turned out to be pretty productive as Spydon was able to grab 15+ tombstones. Not a sentence I thought I would ever write, but hey.

Oh and Anastos Timeless was born with the disciplined and good traits. His favorites are red, vegetarian grilled salmon, and R&B music. He's not the heir as I checked in CAS.
"You could still be happier I just gave birth to my son."
I only wanted one child this generation. Now you have to least have two.
"Well, boo. You aren't the one who just gave birth. I don't care what you think."
Touché.

It's time to complete Spydon's lifetime wish and then Hera's!

We did it everyone! Holy crap, we did it!

So this is....a thing? If you have a ton of zombies on your lot, they start dancing?
They did the mash. They did the monster mash. The monster mash. It was a graveyard smash.

Hera helped add to the party.

My game nearly died but I couldn't stop laughing.
They did the mash. It caught on in a flash. They did the mash. They did the monster mash.

Sadly, all parties must come to an end. Luckily Hera completed her lifetime wish though?

The only problem was the zombies started wandering into the house which meant I had to reset the lot.

My game didn't crash, but poor Anastos ended up buried in the snow.

That's the picture limit! Bye guys!

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.5 - The Monster Mash
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2019, 05:30:30 PM »
The Monster Mash! I love it. It fit with your story so perfectly. It will be running through my head for days to come with pictures of zombies, but what a hoot! And even if Anastos isn't heir, I can't wait to see him age to toddler. Your sims are so gorgeous!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.5 - The Monster Mash
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2019, 06:38:31 PM »
The Monster Mash! I love it. It fit with your story so perfectly. It will be running through my head for days to come with pictures of zombies, but what a hoot! And even if Anastos isn't heir, I can't wait to see him age to toddler. Your sims are so gorgeous!

Hahaha, thank you! I couldn't believe it when the zombies started dancing. They had a stereo and everything. It was nuts!
Anastos is a cute toddler. He doesn't get a lot of attention though, poor kid.  :'(
Thank you so much! My game is slowly dying from CC, but it's worth it!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.6 - The Multiple Proposals
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2019, 06:47:04 PM »
Hi guys! I have yet another chapter for today! My plan was to get this chapter up two weeks from now, but why wait? I'm having too much fun writing these chapters.

ACE YOU HAD ONE JOB.
Hopefully it doesn't last that long...right? Right?

"What a surprisingly cute zucchini I have given birth to."
That's a baby, but he is pretty cute.
"OH, NOW YOU LIKE HIM."
HE'S GROWING ON ME.

Speaking of babies...a heir/heiress is still required and Cedrick and Hera got right to work on making one.

After that, Cedrick had an important question to ask Hera.
"Hera Timeless, will you marry me?"

"Lol, no."
"...sugarplum?"
What? You both want to marry each other. What?
"You still have another love interest, Cedrick."
"I do?"
You do?

I had Hera start learning alchemy while I had Cedrick meet his old love interest to break up with her.

"Yeah...this isn't going to work out."
"I understand. I'm pregnant and married anyways."
"You know, I didn't notice!"
Awwww. That's nice of him. Hopefully he means that he didn't notice she was pregnant...not that she was married.

Cedrick then rushed home to make things right with Hera. These two have a weird relationship. I feel bad for Cedrick, but Hera does love him in her insane, mean-spirited way.

Aries painted a portrait of Arius that was...nice.
"Yes, it is NICE."
It looks like his eyes are on fire.
"SYMBOLISM."
Alright, I'll accept that answer.

It's time for Hera and Cedrick to age up!

"Wait...I'm aging up too?"
Yes.

Cedrick, thankfully, didn't have a mid-life crisis. After he aged up, it was Hera's turn.

Spydon doesn't seem to care. All he wanted to do was nap in the background.

Hera also aged up without a mid-life crisis. I changed her hair and now looking back...I really, really don't like it. It wasn't changed for another two chapters though.

No chimes were heard last time Hera and Cedrick tried for a baby, so they tried for one again. Luckily, chimes were heard this time!
Poor Spydon was just rocking in the background, trying desperately not to hear anything.

After that, it was time for Hera to pop an important question.
"Will you marry me? Not me marry you, but you marry me."

"I have a pretty ring for you and everything."

"Why didn't you ask sooner? Yes! Yes!"
...well these two are weird, but at least they are happy.

On a sadder note, Jim the Salamander died. RIP Jim. :(

In this picture, Hera is gardening. I don't know why. I don't even remember taking this picture.

Aries finished Hera's portrait and it turned out fantastic!
"Of course it did, Watcher! I'M the artist here."

With that, I leave you guys. Bye!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.6 - The Multiple Proposals
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2019, 09:16:57 PM »
Cedrick's life IS weird but he got custody of the dog which counts the most.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.6 - The Multiple Proposals
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2019, 11:49:43 AM »
Cedrick's life IS weird but he got custody of the dog which counts the most.

It really is! His whole character can be summed up with "I wanted to give my dog a better life!" He probably deals with Hera's antics because of it.  ;D

anything