Author Topic: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 6.11, Part 2 - They Had Other Plans  (Read 53480 times)

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
  • Always dreaming of a winter wonderland.
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.11 - Back from the Dead
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2019, 06:31:38 PM »
I'm not sure where the Karaoke bar is, as I've never had Ambitions and Showtime installed together. But, if your lot is where the empty six bedroom mansion called Willow Manor usually stands, the Timeless family live opposite the Snowes! :D The Snowes live at 16 Puddlewick Drive. How cool is that? If our Timelesses and Snowes were in the same save, they would be neighbours.

Keep the chapters coming! The more the awesomer.

At least Aries lived a good life with Spydon. :D

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2019, 02:00:16 PM »
I'm not sure where the Karaoke bar is, as I've never had Ambitions and Showtime installed together. But, if your lot is where the empty six bedroom mansion called Willow Manor usually stands, the Timeless family live opposite the Snowes! :D The Snowes live at 16 Puddlewick Drive. How cool is that? If our Timelesses and Snowes were in the same save, they would be neighbours.

Keep the chapters coming! The more the awesomer.

At least Aries lived a good life with Spydon. :D

It is! Man, can you imagine them as neighbors? I can just imagine Spydon and Jareth trying to outdo each other on crazy schemes while Aries laughs manically and Wilhemnia looks on, concerned. It would be hilarious!

Absolutely!

She did. She was extremely happy all the time. It wasn't what I expected, but it was heartwarming.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2019, 02:53:25 PM »
I missed so much, let's run down the list;

-Jim is my favorite character
-Hattie is my favorite character
-Jim is dead, rest in peace
-Spydon!! Yes!!
-Aries!! No!!
-Generation three can't even talk yet and they're already shaping up to be something special. Oh man. Mpart, your Sims always manage to be deliciously entertaining.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2019, 04:40:31 PM »
I missed so much, let's run down the list;

-Jim is my favorite character
-Hattie is my favorite character
-Jim is dead, rest in peace
-Spydon!! Yes!!
-Aries!! No!!
-Generation three can't even talk yet and they're already shaping up to be something special. Oh man. Mpart, your Sims always manage to be deliciously entertaining.

This comment made me burst out laughing. It's beautiful.

Jim was the true hero of this dynasty. He only lived for three or four days, but he impacted so many lives.
Hattie is adorable. When the rest are too crazy, I just go check on Hattie. It's wonderful.
Ah, that chapter. I think that's the only accurate way to sum it up. XD
Why thank you! I tend to get bored easily and that makes things more interesting. Heh.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.12 - Say Please
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2019, 04:41:14 PM »
It's been a while since a chapter has been posted and I have two words to explain why: baby birds. They are my pride and joy and are the definition of chaos.
Anyways, last chapter the Timeless family moved to Twinbrook, Spydon brought Macy Clay and Lacy Darer back from the dead, Macy moved in, and Anastos aged up.

I was experiencing a bit of lag, so I decided to reset the town. My game wouldn't be able to function without NRaas mods, I swear.

It was time for operation Ace-Get-Out-But-Have-A-Good-Love-Life-And-Give-Me-Babies to enter the next phase.

Macy seemed to agree, thankfully.
"Why the long mission name, strange voice in the sky?"
There isn't really a way to sum it up.
"Ah."

I'm just happy things went surprisingly well.

One more kiss and Macy and Ace went steady.
Now, get out.
"Thanks...?"
You're welcome, Ace. You can visit any time.
"Wow, thank you. That was surprisingly nice-"
-you just have to bring Macy along.

Ace arranged for them to move into their new home as I reread the rules and realized I had made a little, little mistake.
You see, I gave Ace fertility treatment in hopes that Story Progression would give him a big family. That specific reward is banned for obvious reasons and I should have known better. Since it isn't a mistake in my opinion that I should end this challenge over, and because it was for a spare that moved out versus an heir or heiress, I'm only going to be deducting one point because of it. All in all though, the most important thing for me in this challenge is to have fun, and I am! It's been a blast and I would hate to end it. If anyone thinks it's too lenient, I'll deduct more points.

Hera has taken up sculpting because...that's a thing needed.
"You really don't remember why you made me sculpt, do you?"
Maybe you had a wish about it?
"Maybe. Maybe not. I'm not telling you. Only the turtles in the next door pond know, and they know everything."
It will remain a mystery then.
"Hmph."

Cedrick and Hera are doing well for...Cedrick and Hera. They're smitten with each other and Cedrick hasn't run away yet.
"I'll never run away from my queen."
"Good answer."

The most important birthday took place as Hattie is aging up to an elder!

The sparkles hit, but she still looks the same to me; absolutely and utterly adorable.

Everyone was clapping excitedly for Hattie-as they should-but Arius was the most enthusiastic of them all.
"It's actually because it's my birthday too, Watcher."
Oh.

"Wait! I don't want to become old!"
What do you define as old? You'll only be middle-aged.

"Ugh. I'm different."
You literally didn't change at all. Not even your eyebrows changed.
"I have wrinkles!"
Oh boy, it's midlife crisis time.
"No, no! It's younglife crisis time! YOUNG!"
Sighs.

Cedrick decided to test some experimental medicine out for research purposes. I really don't know how to feel about the size of that pill.

Here's a picture of Hattie because we all need and love her.

The day after Ace and Macy moved out, they got engaged! I'm so happy things are going swimmingly.

Arius also managed to complete his lifetime wish when he wasn't freaking out because of his midlife crisis. Things seem to finally be calming down.

Game: You're funny.
RUN SPYDON, RUN!
"THEY'RE ATTACKING ME! THIS IS HOW I DIE!"
You're too old to die! Now RUN!

Spydon made it into the house safely and painted for ten minutes before he started floating.
"Ah sh-"

"Your time has come...unless you got any more flowers. Do you have any more flowers?"
"No. My Watcher won't let me grow them anymore."
"Oh. That's a shame. Into the grave you go, Spydon Timeless."

"Wait! I'm not ready to die!"
"What?"
What?
"I have done nothing but brood and garden after Aries died! She's going to be LIVID!"
"Are you insane? Aries Amarantha has been waiting for you. JUST. GET. IN. THE. GRAVE."
"Say please."
So Grim had enough of Spydon's sass and Spydon was forced into his grave. It may not have been the most graceful of ways to go...or the most dignified, but I get a feeling Aries is proud of him for being so difficult. He also lived an extremely long life when it comes to a short dynasty sim. It was time for him to go.
RIP Spydon. You were one of my favorite founders ever and you likely have a line of ex-girlfriends waiting to kill you again. If I had enough picture space I would throw in some pictures of you in your younger days, but sadly it can not be.

"Boo! This whole family sucks!"
WAY TO BE INSENSITIVE, GRIM.

At least Spydon is back with Aries. :'(

Generation one was a mess. It was a beautiful, chaotic mess. The portraits of Aries and Spydon may be a 6/10 but both of them were a 10/10. Even though Hera has been a heiress for much longer chapter-wise than Spydon, I feel like the era of generation one has officially closed.

That's the end of this chapter! I didn't want to leave it on a sad note, but it was just meant to be. I hope everyone is having a good morning/afternoon/evening! :)

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.12 - Say Please
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2019, 01:27:28 PM »
Wait... what is this on my face? ... TEARS!! Oh, Spydon! That was a beautiful passing. (And a little funny with the ex-girlfriends killing him again. XD )

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.12 - Say Please
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2019, 06:25:06 PM »
Wait... what is this on my face? ... TEARS!! Oh, Spydon! That was a beautiful passing. (And a little funny with the ex-girlfriends killing him again. XD )

Writing it was a challenge. He didn't exactly make it easy for me, but I'm glad I was able to do it well. He never made anything easy for me. XD
Thanks for your support, Nev!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.13 - Birthdays and Mayhem
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2019, 08:08:28 PM »
Welcome back lovely readers! In the last chapter Macy and Ace became a couple and then promptly moved out. Hattie and Arius aged up, and Spydon died.  :'(

This chapter has a LOT of birthdays. Naturally, we start with Hera's elder birthday.
"My WHAT?"

Your elder birthday. Congratulations!
"I will destroy everything you lo-"
-Yeah, yeah. I've heard it all.

It was then time for the twins's birthdays! Hestia went first. Her favorite color is yellow, but I'm going to try and do more of a golden/purple color scheme.

Dione takes the most after her mother. Her favorite color is green, which works fantastically with purple. Both of the girls are adorable.

It wasn't time for the birthdays to end though. Cedrick's elder birthday was next.
"What are these sparkles?"

"Haha, you're old!"
"Darling, you're old too!"

Things could have gone smoother, but they didn't necessarily go badly. Here's Hestia with both of her parents. She's mostly an equal mix of them except Hera's genetics win out a little more than Cedrick's do.

Here's a cute picture of Dione for no other reason than she's being cute. Prepare for the toddler spam!

These two are way too adorable. Way too adorable.

Don't worry everyone, in light of the twins becoming toddlers, Hattie is still getting all the love and attention she could ever need.

She may dig holes in the yard, but she's just trying to be productive like the rest of the household, darn it!

Anastos is also doing well...sort of. He was close to Spydon. I won't lie, he's boring. I know it's harsh, and I feel kind of bad for skipping over him so much, but his childhood is just not interesting at all.
"You don't love me?"
Now, I never said that. There's a difference between boring and unlovable. You just happen to fit into the first category.

Hera is taking Spydon's death the hardest.  :'(

Everything sucks right now, but at least this new gnome showed up!
*Throws confetti*

Oh and he's...mourning Spydon and Aries.
Aww.

Also look who aged up is an officially much more interesting! Anastos gained the night owl trait along with disciplined, good, and loves the heat. Still not the most interesting sim, but hey, at least he's not the Cedrick clone I thought he was! He has Hera's face and fabulous hair.
"Gee, does nothing else matter to you except my genetics?"
Yes.

Time to max the logic skill, Anastos!
"I hate you."
No, you lovingly dislike me. There's a difference.
"What? That doesn't make any sense!"
Yeah...that's how things roll around here.

Anastos stopped skilling for a minute which was frustrating....

....because he was getting abducted by aliens.
"Help, Watcher! Help!"
Oh NOW you like me?

While Anastos was getting abducted by aliens, I got a notification from Story Progression that Ace and Macy had kids!
They had triplets. Wow. Their names are Harmony, Rayne, and Brittany. Not bad names, Story Progression. Not bad at all.

That's the end of chapter! Bye guys! 

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2019, 08:40:20 PM »
Birthdays, toddlers and babies! Oh my!

Hera old. :O
I'm going to miss her when she is gone, and her awesome insights.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2019, 05:10:29 PM »
So I actually made the same mistake very recently in my short dynasty...I purchased the Fertility Treatment reward for one of my heirs, completely forgetting that it's banned. I decided not to end the dynasty over it because (a) I didn't want to end the dynasty, and anyway, the most important thing is to have fun, as you say, and (b) the treatment didn't even work and my sim only had one baby. I think deducting one point for the mistake is fair.

On a happier note, the twins are completely adorable and I'm excited to see them grow up! I'll also be very curious to see how Ace's triplets turn out.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2019, 07:27:07 PM »
Wow, elders already. I wasn't prepared! Hestia and Dione are adorable! Anastos is aging up very nicely. SP used Harmony in my Farmacy too for the Dean's youngest daughter, which surprised me as since I've gotten the baby naming mod which lets me choose all the baby names around town, I've barely had to choose any! Go figure. And I used Rayne for my active families' 2nd daughter. So cool that we have some of the same names in our games. :)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2019, 10:22:34 PM »
Birthdays, toddlers and babies! Oh my!

Hera old. :O
I'm going to miss her when she is gone, and her awesome insights.

It's nuts!

Hera is old! It's odd to be honest. Her and Aries being old will always be strange to me.
She does have some interesting insights indeed.  ;)

So I actually made the same mistake very recently in my short dynasty...I purchased the Fertility Treatment reward for one of my heirs, completely forgetting that it's banned. I decided not to end the dynasty over it because (a) I didn't want to end the dynasty, and anyway, the most important thing is to have fun, as you say, and (b) the treatment didn't even work and my sim only had one baby. I think deducting one point for the mistake is fair.

On a happier note, the twins are completely adorable and I'm excited to see them grow up! I'll also be very curious to see how Ace's triplets turn out.

It happens. It's also one of those rewards that is encouraged a lot in other challenges and the rules never specifically say that you automatically fail the challenge if you break a rule. The Four Immortal Sister's Challenge for example, there are several instances where you can fail the challenge and it is directly said. I think the Short Dynasty Challenge was created to be laid-back and having fun is the most important thing. Plus in your case if it didn't even work...I wouldn't deduct points at all. The game treated it like your sims didn't have fertility treatment, and I would do the same. Anyways, that's just my opinion!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow, elders already. I wasn't prepared! Hestia and Dione are adorable! Anastos is aging up very nicely. SP used Harmony in my Farmacy too for the Dean's youngest daughter, which surprised me as since I've gotten the baby naming mod which lets me choose all the baby names around town, I've barely had to choose any! Go figure. And I used Rayne for my active families' 2nd daughter. So cool that we have some of the same names in our games. :)

This chapter was crazy. Nearly everyone aged up! There's a mod that allows you to choose all the baby names around town? Huh, that's neat!
It is cool. What are the odds?  ;D

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.14 - Who Knows With Hera?
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2019, 10:39:13 PM »
Hi guys! In the last chapter everyone aged up but Arius, and Anastos got abducted by aliens. Just another normal day in the Timeless household.

I forgot to mention in the last chapter that Hera maxed the alchemy skill! Go Hera!

It's time for birthdays again! These two just aged up, but that's the way of short dynasties I suppose.

Hestia aged up with the vehicle enthusiast trait to add to artistic and hates the outdoors.

Dione gained the eccentric trait to add to friendly and perceptive.

Dione wants to learn the alchemy skill, so she's going to be chained to the alchemy table. Forever.
"Forever?"
Forever.

Hestia is stuck playing chess with Anastos until he maxes it.
"I still hate you, Watcher."
Thanks, Anastos.

Look, Spydon showed up!
"So...how's things going with being dead and all?"
"Are you treating my daughter right?"
"Yes sir."
"Then things are going fine."

Dione tried to skip school to work on her alchemy skill and was unsuccessful.
"What are you doing? Your education is important!"
"What? Why? I'm going to be spending the rest of my life skilling!"
Wow. So much sass.

The scolding destroyed their already low relationship. Hera wouldn't even accept a hug from Dione.  :(

Hera and Dione both rolled wishes to fix that, so Hera was right on it.

One friendship elixir later and things were much better.
"I'm sorry for skipping school, momma."
"It's okay, little goose. Your sass was almost as good as mine."

"Can I please, please be out of trouble now?"
"Hmm...."

"Please, please, please!"
"Oh, alright. "
Awwww. That was odd, but touching.

Cedrick had an opportunity from work to meet more sims.
That he did.
"She's pretty...."
You're married, buddy.
"...right, right."

Things went a little more smoothly after Cedrick's meeting with the first woman and he completed the opportunity

Luckily for him, Hera never suspected a thing or maybe she did. Who knows with Hera?

The fish all died again. :( RIP Beatrice the Deathfish and Ixon the Koi Fish.

Anastos started learning the sculpting skill. The goal is for him to max it before Hestia becomes a young adult since he has already maxed logic already.

Speaking of Hestia, it's her teenage birthday already!

She gains the unlucky trait to add to hates the outdoors, artistic, and vehicle enthusiast. She's also stunning which seems to be a requirement for all Timeless spawn.

This requirement seems to confuse Hattie as much as it confuses me.

Dione's birthday is next! Man, things sure do fly by in a short dynasty.

Dione gets the loner trait to add to perceptive, friendly, and eccentric. She's perfect for Twinbook and the game has been kind to her. She also reminds me a lot of Aries.

That's all I have for you guys today. I hope you enjoyed it. Bye!

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.14 - Who Knows With Hera?
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2019, 09:01:31 PM »
:O Hestia is gorgeous! The Timelesses certainly know how to make beautiful babies.

anything