Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 415322 times)

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 03:51:42 AM »
My toddler Was playing with her doll and now it disappeared!

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 03:52:07 AM »
You're welcome! I guess so but I've never heard dolls talk before!  :P When you click on them, you get the normal interactions, then you also have "get me a snack" "clean up for me" and "leave me alone". And yeah it's all the same lol. Oh and there is an offer to make real! But you must have that potion in their inventory. Another funny thing is Easter was trying to do her homework, and Buddy kept interrupting, so I teleported away from him into a locked room, and he teleported as well! Hilarious!!

I meant that's what I heard in cartoons. Lol. :P
That's funny! I guess there was a reason they put the "Leave me alone" interaction.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 03:59:08 AM »
I have tried to reset her and the name of the doll and still nothing.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 04:02:27 AM »
That's awful Barbie. I'm so sorry.  :( I guess so, but I don't want to click it in case he leaves her alone forever!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 04:19:08 AM »
@ Barbie - I am really sorry. Do you have an earlier save?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »
That's awful Barbie. I'm so sorry.  :( I guess so, but I don't want to click it in case he leaves her alone forever!

Nope I just started over. It was no big deal that family was made just to test out generations anyway. I will try less interactions this time. It was weird because it showed the moodlet that she was still cuddling with it. So yeah I am confused. At least my testing gave me an awesome idea for my new immortal dynasty.
@ Barbie - I am really sorry. Do you have an earlier save?

It's ok chronic like I said it was just a testing file. I will just start over. Thank you both.  :)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 04:54:38 PM »
My toddler Was playing with her doll and now it disappeared!

The new baby in my family got a doll in the mail and I put it in the crib with him. Last night when he aged up to toddler the doll disappeared.  No one else had it in their inventory and it wasn't in the house.  Today I found it out on the lawn, just sitting there. I put it in the child's inventory and when he aged to child he started playing with it and he took it upon himself to name it Cuddles. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 07:41:17 AM »
The dolls move and change position a lot like gnomes do.  So there is a chance it was playing hide and seek with you, Barbie.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 07:44:02 AM »
My kids just turned into teenagers, and I was looking for the IF's and found them in their inventories.  ::) So I put them on the ground again and they instantly started having a birthday and turned teens, so yeah I can now confirm they age up with the child.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 08:25:52 AM »
My DD heiress became a teen last night and her doll also aged with her.  If you leave the doll on the floor starting as a child, not keep it in their inventory, it ages with the child immediately.  Of course, keeping it in inventory keeps it from stalking the child around the house when the child has assigned tasks to perform.

As for the opportunity to make the doll real, my child received the opportunity and the first task is to bring a rainbow gem to the science lab.  So her parents have been mining pretty much non-stop to try to get one.  She still has the opportunity even after she aged to teen so hoping she can get it completed before she becomes a young adult.  The opportunity is called "When Dreams Come True".  Not sure if it is a chain like the SimBot one or a one-off like the Oh My Ghost one.   
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 08:50:52 AM »
It's a chain. Mine got it, and my guy started chopping space rocks. Got the gem, took it to the lab and immediately got anther one, same name that said the potion was ready, just bring $4,500 to the lab. They are poor right now so neither one of them have done that yet.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 12:46:46 PM »
This family has been mining non stop for almost 3 game weeks.  They have 4 pink diamonds and 4 tiberium but not a single rainbow yet.  The teen ages to young adult in 3 days so I am thinking this one isn't getting their dream come true.  :P

Offline Zylphe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 01:11:20 PM »
Have you tried the consignment shop for gems? I know I've found rainbow gems in the consignment shop before.

Have you guys seen this?
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/382561.page

Apparently, when your Sim has a child with an imaginary friend, the imaginary friend child can have their own imaginary friend! I think that's something I'm going to try out when I get my copy of the game.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 01:40:33 PM »
That's hilariously weird Zylphe!

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 01:51:01 PM »
Have you tried the consignment shop for gems? I know I've found rainbow gems in the consignment shop before.

Every day, they go in and buy up all the rocks and metals on sale, to try to trigger it to spawn.  No dice, so far.  They also hit the spots where I think rainbows spawn (in Riverview) and have found none.