Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 420422 times)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2011, 04:15:12 AM »
Just got the first IF in my game and after reading the posts can't wait to see how this goes. My sim automatically plays only with the IF. He won't touch the toy box or other toys unless I force him to.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2011, 10:16:31 AM »
Just got the first IF in my game and after reading the posts can't wait to see how this goes. My sim automatically plays only with the IF. He won't touch the toy box or other toys unless I force him to.

If you want the doll to have the chance to be an IF and then turn real you want the child to play with the doll as much as possible. I had one child that played with the doll but still had other toys he played with and the doll remained a doll.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2011, 03:56:30 AM »
Unfortunately the IFs had terrible traits when they became real and it was hard managing the house with so many kids running around. Think I'll wait to change them when they are teens and not when they are children.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2011, 01:14:21 PM »
Is there more than one message that pops up about a toddler's IF doll in order for the relationship to be high enough for them to be interactable once they age up to child?  So far I've only seen a message that says that the toddler has developed a liking for the doll, and to keep playing with it.

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2011, 02:21:16 PM »
Yep, there's another one after it saying the child has a relationship with the doll the may continue in later life.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »
I prefer to name my own imaginary friends. It's much better that way. I named Samantha Goode's imaginary friend Rosie.  ;D The next one I'm naming either Pam or Carlos, or some variation of Charlie Sheen.

Offline Kaibilly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2011, 03:23:52 AM »
In my current game, there are 6 kids and all have been given imaginary friends.  3 are kids and out of those 3 only 1 imaginary friend aged up, the other 2 are still dolls.
Anyway my sims is yet to find out their traits whenever the IF is left up to leading the talking they end up getting minus relationship, so I am sure it must be hot headed, mean or one of those nasty traits - what child has an imaginary friend with a bad disposition?  ???
We could learn a lot from crayons:
Some are sharp, some are pretty,
Some are dull, some have weird names,
And all are different colors....but
They all exist very nicely in the same box.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2011, 02:02:26 PM »
I have an interesting situation and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

In my current dynasty my founder and her husband just had triplets.  I also had Agnes move in (for obvious reasons) and she married Chris Steel.  They also had a nooboo hours before the triplets were born.  So I have a full house - 4 adults, 4 nooboos.  Agnes is a few days away from elder, but even so, it is possible - maybe even likely - that all the kids will be teenagers before a space opens up in the house. 

Will any of my nooboos get an IF if the house is already full?  If some of them do get IFs is there any chance of the IF coming to life with 8 sims in the house or will they always stay dolls?  If they stay dolls but the kids have good relationships with them, will the IFs come to life when one of my older sims dies (even if this doesn't happen until the child is a teen or even YA)?

Any advice is most welcome.  If no one has run into this before I'll let you know what happens as I play my dynasty.  I'm a little freaked out at the thought of 4 adults, 4 children and 4 IFs - I really wasn't expecting triplets...   :o

Offline TrickStar

• Nooboo
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2011, 02:08:40 PM »
I got one family with 4 toddlers of which 3 have an IF.

The IF-less one did something odd earlier. He had a dream bubble bout his sister's IF, walked towards her and started playing with her IF doll while it was in her inventory. It still shows up there but cant clicked it, same like an item that is in use.
Ive seen him having dream bubbles about his siblings IF's before but those times they were on another floor of the house so he got the no route at the stairs (and went into a tantrum).

This is my first kid without an IF so don't know if this is normal behavior. If not i better keep an eye on him before he invents a PickPocket trait.  ;D

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2011, 02:19:06 PM »
I have an interesting situation and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

In my current dynasty my founder and her husband just had triplets.  I also had Agnes move in (for obvious reasons) and she married Chris Steel.  They also had a nooboo hours before the triplets were born.  So I have a full house - 4 adults, 4 nooboos.  Agnes is a few days away from elder, but even so, it is possible - maybe even likely - that all the kids will be teenagers before a space opens up in the house. 

Will any of my nooboos get an IF if the house is already full?  If some of them do get IFs is there any chance of the IF coming to life with 8 sims in the house or will they always stay dolls?  If they stay dolls but the kids have good relationships with them, will the IFs come to life when one of my older sims dies (even if this doesn't happen until the child is a teen or even YA)?

Any advice is most welcome.  If no one has run into this before I'll let you know what happens as I play my dynasty.  I'm a little freaked out at the thought of 4 adults, 4 children and 4 IFs - I really wasn't expecting triplets...   :o

It is possible to get IF's, they only take up space in the house once you make them a "real' Sim.  So you could have 4 adult, 4 kids, and 4 IF's running around.  IF's will grow up as your sim grows up, and once people leave (or die) it is possible to then make them real and play that IF as a real sim.  You can make them real at any point, my Young Adults made their IF's real. 

My Advice - let your toddlers play with them like crazy, let your children bring them to life (as IF's not dolls).  But you don't have to let them all out of inventory at the same time.  Once they have become an IF (not doll) you can return them to the childs inventory as often as you want, and they will turn into IF's when you take them out again.  It saved me from going crazy with 4 kids and 4 IF's running around (blocking doors etc)  I would bring one out at a time for them to play with.  when they go to sleep or leave the lot their IF turns back into a doll and then you can return it to the kids inventory.

Have fun!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2011, 02:25:44 PM »
Thank you, cndneh!  I will definitely take your advice about not letting all the IFs loose at one time.  I micromanage my sims anyhow, but having to deal with 12 bodies at the same time - whether they are sims or IFs - is too much for me!  I was hoping for twins but was secretly thinking how cool triplets would be.  This is definitely a case of 'be careful what you wish for because you might just get it!'

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2011, 01:02:45 AM »
Thank you, cndneh!  I will definitely take your advice about not letting all the IFs loose at one time.  I micromanage my sims anyhow, but having to deal with 12 bodies at the same time - whether they are sims or IFs - is too much for me!  I was hoping for twins but was secretly thinking how cool triplets would be.  This is definitely a case of 'be careful what you wish for because you might just get it!'

I like to micro manage as well and I almost went insane when they were all out and about, I had triplets to worry about (much like you) an older sister and the parents, plus 4 IF's.  That lasted one Sim day before I started to grumble and curse at my computer.  hahahah!!!   Then I put all the IF's back in inventory and brought them out one at a time to play hopscotch, or seesaw.  I also lived in one of the small starter homes in Sunset Valley and there was barely enough room for the triplets.... thank goodness for bunk beds!

:)

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2011, 01:06:11 AM »
I'm happy to report all my nooboos got their IF dolls the day after they were born.  I just played them to their toddler birthday and they all love their dolls - I have a feeling that they will make managing 4 toddlers a bit easier only because the kids seem to be quite content to play with the dolls if no one is paying attention to them. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2011, 04:10:49 AM »
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2011, 09:39:01 PM »
My toddler Sim who just had his birthday. He is now a school-child. Anyways, he was fond of playing with his IF when he was a toddler. I wanted the IF toy to also grow up, so I took the toy out of the inventory. For some reason when I took the IF toy out of the inventory, the boy cried. Then when I looked for the IF toy, it was gone! So I figured, perhaps he was not that close with the toy, that's why it disappeared. To my surprise, he picked up an INVISIBLE IF toy and began to play and sing with it !  ???  Unlike when he was a toddler, I can see the toy, but when he grew up,it became invisible. I know that adults cannot see the toy, that's why it is called "imaginary", but even when the prompt was at the child, it still remained invisible. How can I now return it back to the boy's inventory when I can't see it? This is so strange, is this really the case? How do I put an invisible IF toy back into the inventory when I can't see it? Thanks!

anything