Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 420188 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #300 on: October 03, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »
Ok, I'll open my game to make sure it didn't fix itself, but I didn't update so I don't want to have to reset her. And yes, a boy's name will be a boy IF and a girl's name will be a girl IF.

EDIT: Good news! I just opened the game and she is back to normal!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #301 on: October 04, 2011, 01:31:17 AM »
So if I give my IF a girls name will it automatically be a girl or will it automatically be a boy if I give it a boys name?

I never got a chance to make my friend real yet that's why I'm asking.

I gave my IF a Girls name of Jelly Bean and when turned real became a Girl.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #302 on: October 04, 2011, 02:24:51 AM »
I gave my IF a Girls name of Jelly Bean and when turned real became a Girl.

That's an awesome name for an IF! I named mine Silly (girl) and I also hope to turn her real. :)

Offline Vegangeekgirl

• Townie
« Reply #303 on: October 04, 2011, 08:19:04 AM »
I now have a baby girl who got an IF doll in the mail, her mother is her fathers former IF! She can still turn into doll form, well she couldn't when pregnant. Game said "She probably shouldn't strain herself while pregnant"
Looking forward to her growning up, must move out one of the adults soon because I have no empy slots in the household.
Also one of the other members already have the potion that they can drink to become real. They will gift it to her when she gets older.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #304 on: October 04, 2011, 08:28:25 PM »
Can vampire gnomes turn IF dolls into vampire gnomes like they do teddy bears? I ask because I thought (not 100% sure) that I left an IF doll out on the floor while I played another family (in my game if I leave them in inventory they disappear while I play another family) and now it's not there, but there might be one more vampire gnome. I'm not sure, I didn't count, and maybe I did leave it in inventory that time and that's why it's gone. Anyway, does anyone know if vampire gnomes turn IF dolls?

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #305 on: October 04, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
That's a good question. I don't know for sure, but I thought the vamps only did that to teddy bears. I'm sorry you lost your IF Pally.  :'(

loveSims

« Reply #306 on: October 04, 2011, 08:42:52 PM »
Look at all the vampre gnomes names. If the IF was turned it will have the same name begining with the dark.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #307 on: October 04, 2011, 08:56:14 PM »
Well I just checked and I don't remember any of the names of the 3 vampire gnomes as being an IF, so it probably just disappeared because I left it in inventory. But I'm not upset - the youngest now has an IF doll of his own :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2011, 09:18:37 PM »
Well, I had something strange happen.  My sim is already a young adult and when I sent her to the mailbox, her IF was in there and was put in her inventory.  She didn't get one when she was an infant, so it was really strange to find it at that age.  Almost same thing happened in another game.  The sim turned into a teen and I got the message in the upper corner that she had been sent the doll, lol.  Just weird,  ???
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2011, 02:22:35 AM »
Well, I had something strange happen.  My sim is already a young adult and when I sent her to the mailbox, her IF was in there and was put in her inventory.  She didn't get one when she was an infant, so it was really strange to find it at that age.  Almost same thing happened in another game.  The sim turned into a teen and I got the message in the upper corner that she had been sent the doll, lol.  Just weird,  ???

Great-Aunt Bernice was late in sending the parcel, or it got lost in the mail service somewhere?  :P That is pretty strange, it must have been some delayed action or something, I wonder if a Sim doesn't get an IF when they are a baby whether that means they get one later on? I've not played a Child that long without an IF to find out.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2011, 03:48:33 AM »
Great-Aunt Bernice was late in sending the parcel, or it got lost in the mail service somewhere?  :P That is pretty strange, it must have been some delayed action or something, I wonder if a Sim doesn't get an IF when they are a baby whether that means they get one later on? I've not played a Child that long without an IF to find out.

When my Sims didn't get one as an infant, they never got one later on. So, it's strange to see that a young adult would get one. Unless the YA is childish, I can't see them playing with it.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2011, 07:34:23 AM »
The only interaction when you click on the doll in the inventory is, "pick up".  She will constantly carry it around with her until she does something like, take a shower or fix something to eat.  Oh well, it is funny to see a young adult carrying around a doll. :)  She doesn't have the childish trait, but there is no harm in the doll being in the inventory, not sure if her child, when she has one, can even interact with her IF, but maybe I will find out.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #312 on: December 10, 2011, 09:02:56 PM »
I had just got triplets for the first time (yay!) and the only reason I hadn't aged them up is because they hadn't got their IF's yet. I finally got annoyed because it was taking so long and just aged them up. Later that night their "godmother" sent them all one! Yay!  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #313 on: December 10, 2011, 09:14:36 PM »
Congrats! IF's are great fun!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #314 on: December 13, 2011, 04:33:09 AM »
I had a weird thing with my IF. My girl was turning into an adult, and her IF was in her inventory. When the camera panned to her, I noticed this strange woman standing behind her.

Considering there is a fence all the way around the lot with a gate locked to everyone, I nearly jumped out of my skin. I paused and hovered over her and it was her IF. The doll was still in her inventory, but her sim-self was out celebrating her birthday with her.

I took the doll out and laid it on the ground and I had a real sim and a doll IF for a few minutes. After I got over the shock, it was quite humorous. I got it fixed by making her leave the lot while the doll/sim stayed behind. She popped back into doll form and went back to normal, but I thought it was weird! Have any of you guys experienced that?

anything