Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 415376 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #435 on: September 03, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »
You need to get the special message during toddler stage.  After toddler, the doll will not work no matter how hard you try.  During toddler stage, you need to play with the doll enough to get 2 messages.  I don't remember the exact wording, but its two special message telling you how special the doll has become to your toddler.  The 1st message comes fast, but the 2nd one is much longer, just have your toddler keep playing with the doll as much as you can.

After your toddler age up to child, the doll (if left on the floor) will age up to child too.

Offline Supa Kawaii

• Nooboo
« Reply #436 on: September 03, 2014, 09:34:52 PM »
You need to get the special message during toddler stage.  After toddler, the doll will not work no matter how hard you try.  During toddler stage, you need to play with the doll enough to get 2 messages.  I don't remember the exact wording, but its two special message telling you how special the doll has become to your toddler.  The 1st message comes fast, but the 2nd one is much longer, just have your toddler keep playing with the doll as much as you can.

After your toddler age up to child, the doll (if left on the floor) will age up to child too.

Thank you, Nutella. So, if I make my child Sim Sunny a toddler again, do you think Haku will become special to her with enough interaction?  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #437 on: September 06, 2014, 06:38:59 PM »
How do you make your child sim toddler again?  Young again potion doesn't change them to toddler, I'm afraid you will have to start a new game with a new child. 

Remember you need to have two special messages regarding the imaginary friend.  Only after the 2nd message appears then you can age up your toddler.

Offline xXxOneLovexXx

• Nooboo
« Reply #438 on: January 11, 2015, 08:07:07 AM »
I finally got an IF from adopting a child on a new save ( I make them a lot, and was able to get one before, but I got bored with the family, I always use cheats and like to kill Roommates / visitors ) , and got them both grown up, my toddler to a child, the IF to the next stage.

My kid has been playing with him nonstop ( Like I said, I have cheats on to have Static needs on for my active family ) and Jelly Bean ( The IF ) , became best friends with him, and whatnot, but Jelly Bean became 'hungry'. And not the standard 'hungry', it skipped that moodlet. It shows the urgency bubble with the 'very hungry' moodlet inside, then it showed the 'dream bubble' where it normally shows random moodlets from what they're thinking, with the very hungry moodlet, and then a picture of himself in the lower bubble, like when they're about to do something.

Jelly Bean is the first IF I've had my Sim age up with, and I don't want to loose him. My friend says that they eat leftovers, which is a problem since, with Static needs on and killing roommates by trapping them in the yard with fencing or in a building with locked doors, I have no reason to cook food. Is this true and will he be alright if I allowed my butler to cook something, then just put it in the fridge? I had my child cook a muffin, but Jelly Bean didn't seem to care

Edit - He did the standard 'very hungry' motion after I unpaused it ;-; I put the muffin in the fridge, he still doesn't seem interested in it

Offline PurplrPrincess

• Obsessed Fangirl
  • Nooboo
  • I see you that looking at this text.
« Reply #439 on: February 24, 2015, 11:30:17 PM »
My experience with the IF is going pretty good, actually. In my favourite save file, all three children of my married couple got one. The IFs are Clementine (girl), Peanut (boy), and Puzzle (boy).

One of the creepy experiences I've had is when Clementine and Nathan (her owner) were both children, and I don't remember when, but Clem suddenly ages up to a teen. It's just so weird to see it bigger than her owner.

Also, I find it weird when once, Peanut didn't turn back to a doll when his owner Dylan went to bed, and just watched him sleep.

I hate when my sim goes to the bathroom and has to stop what they're doing because their IF walked in on them. So I always either lock the bathroom door, or make sure the IF is in their inventory. xD
"Because I can."

Offline EmmaLemo

• Nooboo
« Reply #440 on: September 07, 2016, 06:39:46 AM »
My daughter went to the park with her family for leisure day and had her imaginary friend with her and now I can't find it at all. Could it be still at the park or?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #441 on: September 07, 2016, 01:46:40 PM »
When this has happened to me, I either use reset Sim, or evict the household and move them back in.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Happy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Sims 3 is awesome!!!
« Reply #442 on: December 07, 2016, 02:09:41 AM »
You can discover a Imaginary Mephromim Potion from the Chemistry Table and 'Offer to Make Real' works just as well as the 'When Dream Comes True'  opportunity. However, my sim sent a rainbow gem to the science lab and gave 4500 dollars to the science lab and never got the potion. I don't know why.
People shouldn't insult each other, after all, we all are human beings, how different are we?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #443 on: December 07, 2016, 11:34:41 AM »
I've had this happen before - Never got potion to make my IF real. It may be due to the town your Sims are living in having a combined hospital/science center or something combined with the science center. So the opportunity can't be fulfilled.

But it sounds like you've found the alternative idea. :)

Re: When Dreams Come True Opportunity
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=5640.msg435684#msg435684
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *