Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 415465 times)

Leto85

Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2011, 08:27:14 AM »
"and YAs who have IFs usually are not considered mentally healthy you know?"
That's why I bury them in the sand box when my sims' are a child. (I don't have the latest patch)

Can you sell that sand box afterwards? I didn't know you could bury them actually. I normally place them in the children room actually. They disapear when the sims died on old age though. No idea where they are left.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2011, 08:33:48 AM »
Can you sell that sand box afterwards? I didn't know you could bury them actually. I normally place them in the children room actually. They disapear when the sims died on old age though. No idea where they are left.

I think you were able to bury the doll and sell the sandbox, but now, with patch 1.24, it's useless because we can't bury the dolls in the sandbox anymore. :(
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2011, 09:16:07 AM »
Yeah I don't have patch 1.24.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2011, 10:15:49 PM »
Wow you guys are so brutal to your Imaginary Friends. I called mine the Sheenius. He's named after Charlie Sheen and he's a party animal. I love how they walk too. I love the IF's. I am waiting to make him real very soon.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2011, 05:23:15 AM »
Wow you guys are so brutal to your Imaginary Friends. I called mine the Sheenius. He's named after Charlie Sheen and he's a party animal. I love how they walk too. I love the IF's. I am waiting to make him real very soon.

Is it me or are you obsessed with Charlie Sheen, Jeana? :P
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2011, 06:35:28 AM »
Just a little more information about my Imaginary Friends.  I had put them back in inventory during child because they interfered with the children too much.  The kids then went to boarding school and didn't come back home until they were teenagers.  They had both lost relationship status with their IFs, one much more than the other.  They no longer had any interaction with the dolls except to talk through them if a toddler was around.  I pulled the two dolls out of inventory and put them on the floor of the twins' room.  The next morning, the dolls changed to child IFs and immediately had a birthday to age up to teen.  It doesn't seem to matter one bit if the relationship deteriorates.  They'll still morph into an IF.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2011, 10:40:49 PM »
I guess it depends on the trait of the child itself and the (hidden) trait of the IF to know whether they will be bugging the child or not.  The child and the IF I wanted to make real had a low relationship, despite it being out of the inventory. The child didn't keep on playing with the toy as a toddler and as a schoolchild, hence the relationship did not develop. Now because I wanted to make the toy real, I had to keep on prompting the child to play with the IF for days, it took a really long while. Neither was the IF in its non-toy form bothering the child so much, it was just following her, but not bugging her to play or chat like some do.  As it turned out, the IF had the evil, klepto, ambitious trait.  The child was family oriented so she wanted to talk and relate more to her family members than to the IF. Now that the IF has turned real through the potion, they are still the best of friends , but they do their own activities. My experience, so far with IF.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hyacintha

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2011, 05:15:53 PM »
The strangest thing has been happening.
The IF of one of my teenage boys have been standing outside the house in her human form, even though her doll form is still in his inventory. Interestingly enough, she's always near the spot where the rainbow gem is sometimes found.

It's funny yet kind of creepy.

At first I thought it was some random sim, but when I put my mouse over her, I saw it was the name I have given her, along with the family name.

Have this happened to any of you?  This has happened twice now.  ???

When I can, I will post pictures.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2011, 06:25:49 PM »
Yes, the same thing happened to me! What was funny was when I had two children with IF's in the house, and the figure standing in the corner of the lot would change depending on what sim I had selected in the household.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2011, 12:04:37 AM »
Yes, it happens to me when I have an IF that has turned into an IF, than the kid leaves the lot and I stick the doll in their inventory and don't take it out as soon as the kid gets home. As soon as I take the doll out, it transforms back into an IF and the human form disappears until next time. I'll try to get a video of it if I remember.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: August 14, 2011, 02:36:21 AM »
I posted a video of my teenage Sim's imaginary friend turning real.

Wiggles Turns Real

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2011, 05:06:20 AM »
I posted a video of my teenage Sim's imaginary friend turning real.

Funny, but I don't remember it taking that long to change. He had a far better looking outfit after the change, than the IF I had.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2011, 05:08:36 AM »
I wondered if it was supposed to take that long to change.  I guess my game got stuck during the transition.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #238 on: August 14, 2011, 01:58:05 PM »
I wondered if it was supposed to take that long to change.  I guess my game got stuck during the transition.

I recently changed my triplets IFs to real and all three took about as long as yours did in the video.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2011, 10:45:37 PM »
The one I did took long enough that I was beginning to suspect it was stuck.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

anything