Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 420131 times)

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
Just got the IF. OMG, this thing has NO concept of "personal space". At first I felt sorry for it, but now its ridiculous. He keeps trying to feed my child soup and ice cream and just leaves bowls all over the house. I wonder why they had the 'clean up' interaction. I was a little offended at first (thinking EA had entered into the slave trade), but now I see why its there. My kid had to stop sleeping on the top bunk because at night the thing pops over to the front of the ladder and she stays stuck up top until I do a couple interactions and the IF decides he should move. Coffee's the last IF in my game.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2011, 04:24:19 AM »
When my IFs return from boarding school they're getting booted out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »
It doesn't go back to doll form when the child goes to sleep, ILoveDolls?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2011, 01:56:03 AM »
I just had my first generations birth - twin girls. Kyla did not get the doll but Kami who has the loner trait did.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2011, 03:50:29 AM »
I haven't see an IF turn real, do they still look like a toy except with flesh? Or do they look like human Sims? When they turn real, can we change their attires from the clown suit to a real child's attire?  Request someone please post a picture of an IF who turned real. Thanks!  :)
I took a video of it once. Here it is. It's really short, but you get to see what happens.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2011, 08:58:44 PM »
Another question, what happens to the IF who became "alive" when the Sim becomes a teen or an adult?  Will it also age in the same way? I can't imagine an adult IF wearing that toy clown costume following the teen/adult Sim around the house.  ???

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2011, 09:00:48 PM »
One of my adult sims still has her IF, and it's an adult as well.
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: July 04, 2011, 11:35:50 PM »
In my opinion, at first the IF was really cute and my toddler played with it constantly.  After the toddler turned into a youth, so did the IF and again, it was kind of cute.  Now, the IF is just obnoxious and I really don't want another one, lol.  There is some nice things about it, but for the most part, the poor child cannot do anything without the IF interrupting her.  You can have your sim tell the IF to leave them alone and the IF will go back to doll state.  You cannot sell the doll after it arrives in the mail.  I had made a test family specifically to test out the IF, unfortunately, when I went back into my game, the child had vanished from the family, no where to be found, so needless to say, I think I am done with the IF for a while, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2011, 12:52:24 AM »
From reading this thread, I am now a little nervous about when my triplets age up to children - they each have an IF doll...

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2011, 01:20:38 AM »
I plan on taking the IF out of my babies inventory so they can't play with it. Then there is no chnace for wanting to turnn them real. I'd rather they played with other kids.

Kestris

« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2011, 02:50:18 PM »
All 4 of my family's Imaginary Friends just got tossed back into the child's inventory.  Good grief!  The kids were hungry, exhausted, and smelly.  I got them fed and ready for bed, but the IFs kept interfering with the sleep command.  I'd send a kid to bed (with a completely red energy bar) and the IF would come start talking to him.  Over and over.  It was after 2:00 a.m. before those kids got to bed and they had school the next morning.  They got so tired they were passing out on the floor.  As soon as I finally got them to sleep and the IFs turned back into dolls, they went into inventory and that's where they'll stay!  

I've been lucky with my IFs, none have been that bad! }:P

I did have a set of natural identical twin girls get IDENTICAL IF dolls. They were both singing to them at the same time, and it was downright creepy.}:P

My first IF that I turned into a real Sim, married into the family. (they're the couple that had the natural twins). Their oldest, a boy, is absolutely adorable as a toddler. I'm hoping the girls are too and that it continues through the ages.

The boy got a doll within hours of being born, in the mail. The twins got theirs the next day.  They all do have the Loner trait, so that may have something to do with whether all kids get a doll or if only select kids do. I'll have to test that out when my current family's first child is born in a few game days.

Kestris

« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »
I've been lucky with my IFs, none have been that bad! }:P

I did have a set of natural identical twin girls get IDENTICAL IF dolls. They were both singing to them at the same time, and it was downright creepy.}:P

My first IF that I turned into a real Sim, married into the family. (they're the couple that had the natural twins). Their oldest, a boy, is absolutely adorable as a toddler. I'm hoping the girls are too and that it continues through the ages.

The boy got a doll within hours of being born, in the mail. The twins got theirs the next day.  They all do have the Loner trait, so that may have something to do with whether all kids get a doll or if only select kids do. I'll have to test that out when my current family's first child is born in a few game days.

ETA- Ok, new baby born in game, does NOT have the Loner OR the Shy traits. DID NOT receive a IF doll after 2 days.   So, it is possible that it's because of those traits. When the next baby is born, I'll give it the Loner trait and see what happens.

ETA2- And my game just glitched as the Twin toddlers next door AND the baby just vanished. So I have to start from scratch again.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2011, 09:25:54 PM »
My experience with a Sim's IF is that their closeness with the owner Sim interferes with their relationship with the other family members, especially their siblings. I found out that the Sim with the IF (who keeps on following him around) has a low relationship bar to his brother and little sister. The IF kinda makes them anti-social I think. So I placed him in the Sim's inventory, he just gets to play with it now and then, but at least he is talking now to his brother.  His IF is now his best friend, and I saw a the IF's face as a real Sim (in reality he is still a toy), it surprised me! In the relationship box (dunno what to call it), a picture of a male child appeared! Then in my next game, the picture was back to a normal toy.  Is this a glitch? Or do they really show up like that?  :)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: July 06, 2011, 04:37:54 AM »
I've never seen the real face in the relationship box. I'm not letting this next IF turn. I have the mother taking the child for walks to hold down the amount of time he plays with it.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2011, 01:49:53 PM »
Hee! Dunno if it's the same with non-vampire toddlers, but my little toddler when "playing" with his little friend keeps trying to bite its neck. It's so adorable!!  ;D

anything