Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 419199 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #255 on: August 19, 2011, 07:38:10 AM »
After making a Imaginary Friend I've notice that they can change between toy form and sim form.
Is there any advantage form them using their toy form?

I asked that a while back.
Apart from the Hidden Trait and the Strut (Not the Stride of Pride, the IF walk) - no.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2011, 03:47:57 AM »
My IF turned real also had a book in her inventory, something called "Life in Mars" - this book is not found in the Sim world prior to IFs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #257 on: August 23, 2011, 11:57:45 AM »
I think most IFs get a book when they turn real. They could be some funny names.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #258 on: August 23, 2011, 01:57:16 PM »
Not always. In my Dynasty, I had 2 toddlers before Generations came out, and I put it on hold so they would get IF's, than after I installed, no IF! One toddler grew into a child so I don't think she will ever get one. Oh well, maybe her daughter will!  ;D
I know I said this like a week ago or something, but my Dynasty I was talking about there got bugged, so I'm hoping that my new Dynasty's firstborn will get one. 99% of the kids I've had after generations was installed have gotten one.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »
I think most IFs get a book when they turn real. They could be some funny names.

My IF turned real got a book but I don't think it had a funny name, I'll have to go check.

I know I said this like a week ago or something, but my Dynasty I was talking about there got bugged, so I'm hoping that my new Dynasty's firstborn will get one. 99% of the kids I've had after generations was installed have gotten one.

I've only had one Child not get one and I think that was because he was born a Day after his Cousin, his Cousin got one on the day he was born so I guess it must have been a glitch.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »
I heard of an event when an IF had a book in their inventory, "Am I real?". :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2011, 03:10:03 PM »
I saw a different/new moodlet on my IF turned real, I saw it just as it ran out (On tripple speed) but it was food related something like divine meal, I don't know if it might have been those Rainbow Cookies or if just eating Sim food gives them it?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #262 on: August 23, 2011, 03:14:26 PM »
I saw a different/new moodlet on my IF turned real, I saw it just as it ran out (On tripple speed) but it was food related something like divine meal, I don't know if it might have been those Rainbow Cookies or if just eating Sim food gives them it?

Yeah IFs turned real get some moodlets when using toilet/bed/eating a meal for the first time. Got that from Sims Wiki. Haven't checked yet. :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #263 on: August 23, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »
Yeah IFs turned real get some moodlets when using toilet/bed/eating a meal for the first time. Got that from Sims Wiki. Haven't checked yet. :D

Funny moodlets, don't you think? Though it only worked in 'sim-form' if I remember that correctly.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #264 on: August 23, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »
Funny moodlets, don't you think? Though it only worked in 'sim-form' if I remember that correctly.

Yeah, pretty funny, EA indeed has a good sense of humor, haha. :D

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #265 on: August 24, 2011, 04:04:51 AM »
I keep trying to avoid getting IF, and the last time when I got the notice of a "gift", I left the thing in the mailbox. Next morning, I see the IF in the kid's inventory! Had to delete it before the child became a toddler.
Now, I use the Time Machine for my kids and there are no IF (plus you miss the messy toddler stage).

Offline Hyacintha

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #266 on: September 06, 2011, 11:58:14 PM »
I think I just figured out another way to get rid of an IF. One of my toddler sims was about to have a birthday, and to celebrate I sent her, her parents and younger brother(it was also his birthday) to the park. So she aged, ate cake, and spent the rest of the day playing with the IF doll. The doll itself hasn't aged yet, and I assume it will do it, once they get back home. Well it was getting late, and I sent them home, the parents left along with her now aged up brother, leaving her at the Park...lol

Well, I didn't want her to go home on her bike (too impatient) and instead had her transport directly to the house. She was still playing with the doll when I did that, and when I checked her inventory the doll was no where to be seen. So I assumed it had aged, and was walking around the yard, but I didn't see it. I reset both her and the IF, but it never turned up at all.

The next day I got a notice saying that Storm wanted to come out and play,(which meant it was ready to age up) but Storm was nowhere to be seen. She even gotten a wish to talk about her IF even though her IF is long gone. After that it seems she forgotten about it all together.

She probably lost the doll while transporting to her home planet or the IF got sucked up into a worm hole. Or a in game glitch.  :D

I'm not to upset about it, since they are annoying little buggers, so nothing of value was lost, I say.

Now I'm thinking about doing the same to her brother's IF.  ;D

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #267 on: September 10, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »
I've just gotten around to playing a game with IFs in it.  I'm glad mine aren't the only ones spawning with horrible traits.  One sim of mine has one that still hangs around her as a YA, and its traits are evil, mean-spirited, clumsy, angler, and dislikes children.  She has all neutral and no mean traits, and this thing has been awful to her!  It's actually slapped her around and then before she could respond, it would go into doll form where she'd have to apologize to interact with it again. (I tried to have her slap it back, but it walked away and put itself in doll form before she could.)  As a teen it booby-trapped everything in the house that it could.  I'm pretty sure that's when it got the evil trait.  She got along with it fine as a child, except for the occasional scaring or mild argument, and the only trait she knew it had then was mean-spirited.  It developed the dislikes children trait as an adult, as she learned the other traits when it was a teen and I gave her the observant reward to find out what they were. 

One time when she was arguing with her IF, the maid was making her bed and made the "cuckoo" gesture at her while thinking of her in a thought bubble.  It was hilarious! 

I should probably have her tell it to leave her alone, or just let it stay in doll form without having her apologize to bring it back, but I admit I'm amused by the drama.  She's a few days from adult and still has Pat (the name the game gave it) hanging around.  The only way they stay on speaking terms is if I cancel out the negative interactions it tries to start and have her play foosball or video games with it.

Her older brother has an evil IF, too, but that's its only really negative trait, and he's charismatic, so they get along pretty well despite the frequent "scare" socials the IF pulls on him.

Leto85

« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2011, 03:37:56 PM »
I keep trying to avoid getting IF, and the last time when I got the notice of a "gift", I left the thing in the mailbox. Next morning, I see the IF in the kid's inventory! Had to delete it before the child became a toddler.
Now, I use the Time Machine for my kids and there are no IF (plus you miss the messy toddler stage).

I didn't know you could delete the dolls.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #269 on: September 12, 2011, 03:39:40 PM »
I didn't know you could delete the dolls.
I think with testingcheatsenabled true on, you just shift+click the doll, hit object, delete. I think that's how they do it, I've never deleted mine. I love IF's!  ;D

EDIT: Yeah I went back and checked and that's the way.
The Crumplebottom girls both got thiers. I left them in the mailbox until I came across a way to delete the evil things for good. Simply use testingcheatsenabled true, click on the doll, you will get an object menu then click delete it Not sure if anyone has brought this up but it definately works. The girls are now doll free ;D

anything