Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 419955 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 02:57:30 PM »
Every day, they go in and buy up all the rocks and metals on sale, to try to trigger it to spawn.  No dice, so far.  They also hit the spots where I think rainbows spawn (in Riverview) and have found none. 

I searched the guides for you, and came up with this. Hopefully it can help, or this one.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »
Every day, they go in and buy up all the rocks and metals on sale, to try to trigger it to spawn.  No dice, so far.  They also hit the spots where I think rainbows spawn (in Riverview) and have found none. 

Why not just get the chemistry set? It's my understanding that you can also make a potion to do the change from doll/friend to reality. I bought my Sim kid a set and he's already discovering potions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 05:34:44 PM »
Why not just get the chemistry set? It's my understanding that you can also make a potion to do the change from doll/friend to reality. I bought my Sim kid a set and he's already discovering potions.
I want to run the opportunity chain to see how it works.  As this is my decadynasty I am not really wanting her to become real, but if she can complete the opportunity than I would go with it.  A later generation will be supermaxing logic and will get to play with the chemistry set.  If we still haven't had at least one friend become real, s/he will get the honor of using the potion.

I searched the guides for you, and came up with this. Hopefully it can help, or this one.
Thanks for searching.  I spent probably close to two hours yesterday trying to find a good map.  There is one I found that shows pink diamond and rainbow spawns for Sunset Valley and Twinbrook but not for Riverview.

Got the gem, took it to the lab and immediately got anther one, same name that said the potion was ready, just bring $4,500 to the lab.
I am actually kind of glad the second opportunity is just cash.  At least now we know what to expect if we ever get the gem.  ::)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
So I played Roman Keaton. He just got his imaginary friend in the mail just a few hours ago. His original name was Peaches, so I didn't like that, I want it to be a boy, with a legend...wait for it...airy...name. So I named him Metro.  ;D

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 12:18:37 AM »
OK my girl became a young adult and her imaginary friend grew up with her.  So not sure yet if there is a point when they go away or if they are for life.  She still hasn't had any luck finding a rainbow gem for the opportunity.  C'est la vie.

Offline IgnorantBliss

• Llama Wrangler
  • Part-time Hermit
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 04:49:38 AM »
I've gotten a few Rainbow gems by breaking spacerock on the board breaker or whatever the martial arts object is called.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 10:16:00 AM »
My nooboo just aged up to toddler and  here she is singing to her imaginary friend, how cute. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 08:11:58 PM »
The singing is just TOO CUTE! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline BunnyB23

• Nooboo
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 08:56:06 PM »
So my mom sim was mopping up the floor when I noticed her clapping and the mop was moving on its own. When I switched her one of the children who had an imaginary friend I saw that the IF was mopping the floor for the mom. It was kinda freaky.  :)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 09:58:30 PM »
So I have 5 kids, and only 4 of them got imaginary friends, the first one didn't.  Apparently there is a 75% chance that you get it.  

The four who did get it also got the opportunity to "make Dreams Come True" with a rainbow gem to the science centre.  The science centre makes a potion at which point you go back and dole out 4500 simoleons. I have one sim doing that now (she's actually an young adult by this point and she still can play,converse, and romance with "Puzzle" (it came with that name and I liked it))  Once you pay up you get the "Imaginary Friend Metamorphium" potion  and an option to give it to your 'friend'.  Swirling lights and special effects later it turns into a real person (male or female depending what you have chosen)  and gets added as a playable sim to your household, at the same age as your sim who's friend it was.  She/He shares your last name though isn't a member of the household.  

This was with the rainbow gem, my next plan is to get the potion with the chemistry table.  (wish I had taken pictures... oh well)

:)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 10:12:09 PM »
I can't get my sims imaginary friend to come alive!
How do you do it?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
A. with a potion you make on the potions table or B. an opportunity from the lab for a rainbow gem and $4500.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2011, 11:01:31 PM »
I don't mean turn it into a regular sim, just make it move and interact with her.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2011, 11:03:26 PM »
At child age you put the doll on the ground and it will come alive when the child is near.  Toddler age it is just a doll.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2011, 11:04:56 PM »
@Simstar,
When your sim is a toddler, have them play with the doll nonstop. Eventually a pop up will say "They're such good friends, this friendship will last as your sim grows up!" (or something like that). Then when your sim ages into a child, place the doll on the ground and wait for a few minutes to pass. It will come to life.
Hope that helps. :)