Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 419863 times)

Ankaret

Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2011, 05:31:11 PM »
I just discovered that the ability 'Turn Into Toy Form' is hereditary! One of my Sims in the last generation married his invisible friend, and their son just aged up to child.  When I clicked on the son, I got a 'Turn Into Toy Form' option.

Natsuko

« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2011, 06:58:15 PM »
I got this! I think I figure out why some dolls won't turn! You baby sim has to play with it, but not just play once till you get the first pop-up. Keep on playing with your doll 'till the second pop-up. Don't stop there, it says something like "(Doll's Name) has become a very speacial thing for (Baby's name.) I wonder what happens if you keep playing with it?" After that play with the toy more. And after, you should see another pop up, now when your baby age up it should too! I hope this works after all it's just an idea.  ;)

I think that's correct because a sim toddler of mine, didn't interact with her little friend at all. It didn't age up at all. But another experience, was after my child sim played with her friend for a little bit, it aged up! I've never gotten the option to age up an imaginary friend, it just happens by itself!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2011, 08:45:09 AM »
Yeah, there is not little pop-up. Just play with it till the kids b-day.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2011, 09:22:51 AM »
My experience with IFs seems to be entirely random. I've had babies not get a doll although most do. I have them all play with the doll the same amount of time. When the toddlers aren't sleeping, learning or eating they are playing with the doll. The kids play with the doll all the time too. Out of 10 dolls so far I've had 2 not change. Sometimes I get messages about the dolls, sometimes I don't and I get different messages. Most of the time the IF turns into the opposite sex of the child. Two have been the same sex.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2011, 04:35:58 PM »
I had two Babies born into my Dynasty and only One got an IF. His name is Pingu and he is White.  :D They are the most awesome things! The Toddler stuff is so adorable as well!

I even had my Sim Paint one of his Grandchild Singing to his IF, if only this was allowed for the Toddler Portait! Lol.  :D

I almost think I will prefer them when they are Dolls!

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

VampirePlasma

« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2011, 04:47:23 PM »
Really? I just had 2 twins and they both got the doll a day before turning to toddlers. Mine were born at the same time maybe thta's why both recived the gift? Were yours at the same time? If not did the one born first get the toy? Just wanting to know :D
By the way great pictures!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2011, 05:35:49 PM »
The One who got the Doll was Born at 9pm at Home to my Dynasty heir. His Cousin was born at 5am the next day. At 9am only one Doll came from the Distant Aunt for the First Born.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2011, 07:50:58 AM »
My first child got the doll, but her sister born a five days later didn't. At the library, Sebastien Striker was looking at the IF like he wanted to steal it. Guess townies don't get them.

I find it hilarious that the father doesn't like her speaking about the IF; but, he waits at the door tapping his feet if the IF is going through the door. The mother likes talking to her about the IF, and gave her the potion for turning it. Perhaps since the mother knew about the potion she was more likely to believe her daughter?

VampirePlasma

« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2011, 08:23:58 AM »
Haha, that same happens to my family but the other way. The mother doesn't believe and the dad does.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »
Did the dad know how to make the potion? Curious if that makes a difference.

It also seems that the IF gets a compatible Zodiac sign. Because for my sim her IF is compatible which will help in the Romance department.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2011, 11:47:44 AM »
Yes the dad knows how to make the potion.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2011, 02:35:13 PM »
So, the parent who can make the potion, knows the kid isn't crazy!

Natsuko

« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2011, 05:02:55 PM »
So, the parent who can make the potion, knows the kid isn't crazy!
Or they made it by accident, although that sounds right, lol :D

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »
It's funny when the parent doesn't believe the kid. So, I had her boob trap the sink for her father. He yelled at her, and her IF cleaned up the mess.

Natsuko

« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2011, 05:16:35 PM »
For some strange reason, I think my sim's IF is her slave. She leaves her dishes around, the IF cleans it up, she didn't make her bed, wets her pants (litteraly, it's extremely funny), and never helps clean ANYTHING. Her Imaginary Friend does everything for her- I'm amazed it doesn't pass out from exhaustion.  :D