Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 419031 times)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2012, 07:44:58 PM »
My Sim couple just had twins had both of them got a doll, identical dolls to be exact!  :D Twins are still babies so it's too early to tell if they will be identical or fraternal yet, I do wonder if those dolls were trying to tell me something though, lol.

My eldest just aged into a child but I forgot to drag her IF out of her inventory and onto the floor so that it could age up with her.  :( She's only just blown out the candles and is eating birthday cake, is it too late to try and age up the IF now?
You will get a notice when it is time for them to age up, the child will need to play with it a bit more until a nptice will say that the doll wants to come out and play and you should set it on the floor.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #331 on: January 14, 2012, 07:56:42 PM »
Ah so that's how it works! I always thought the IF aged up at the same time the child did, good to know, I'll wait then, thanks.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2012, 07:58:50 PM »
Ah so that's how it works! I always thought the IF aged up at the same time the child did, good to know, I'll wait then, thanks.  :)
No problem! After they come to doll-sim form they do age up with the child, its just when the kid first becomes a child that happens.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #333 on: January 25, 2012, 05:21:19 AM »
I finally made an imaginary friend real. The cat didn't know what to think, lol.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline unicornfan85

• Townie
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #334 on: January 27, 2012, 10:46:37 PM »
I just made my first If real.  Right now she's just friends with her sim, but I have plans for them later on.

Southern Girl Since December 1985

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #335 on: February 06, 2012, 08:15:20 AM »
Is there anyway to remove an Imaginary Friend from a toddlers inventory? They drive me insane because the toddler just plays with them for hours on end if they are left on the floor. I much prefer them to play with the toys. I always tell them to play with the doll house/peg box, but as soon as I switch my attention to another sim, my toddlers are there singing to the IFs! It drives me up the wall.

I searched the forum for this, but I couldn't find anything apart from burying the IF in the sandbox, which apparently does not work anymore due to a patch.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #336 on: February 06, 2012, 11:32:20 AM »
Not sure if testingcheats may be a solution? I've just left their dolls in their inventory and they stay there. Most of the time my Sim Children never leave the IFs out so they don't become IFs. That and I seem to be immune to Vampires, Celebrities and Imaginary Friends because sometimes I feel like the only one who isn't being annoyed by them so I must be weird, Lol.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #337 on: February 06, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »
I searched the forum for this, but I couldn't find anything apart from burying the IF in the sandbox, which apparently does not work anymore due to a patch.

EA did not provide a proper means to delete those dolls.

The "burying the doll in the sandbox" approach was not a very good approach :  It did not delete the imaginary friend sim that was attached to the doll, leaving them permanently stranded in your town, and prone to erring out.

EA rightly closed that loophole.

:)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #338 on: February 06, 2012, 02:30:04 PM »
I think IFs were a great idea that unfortunately ended up being really annoying.  I'm always grateful when my toddlers don't get one.  Even leaving them in the sims inventory doesn't always do the trick.  I've had IFs appear on my sims' home property in a sort of hybrid doll/sim form (looks like a sim but has the shiny ball thing on top of their head and walks/talks like a doll) at random times when they've been left in inventory for too long.  I assume it's a glitch of some sort.  Fortunately it's only a nuisance and doesn't seem to do any damage to the game file.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #339 on: February 06, 2012, 02:45:09 PM »
I've had IFs appear on my sims' home property in a sort of hybrid doll/sim form (looks like a sim but has the shiny ball thing on top of their head and walks/talks like a doll) at random times when they've been left in inventory for too long.

Yes, I've read reports of that issue as well, where the normally hibernating sim spawns in-game for no particular reason.

I believe you are correct in it not being a serious issue, though it is a bit confusing to see the sim in that manner.

You should be able to delete them using "moveobjects on", and send them back into hibernation, if they are bothering you.

:)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #340 on: February 06, 2012, 04:32:58 PM »
To avoid having IFs, I bought a Time Machine at the swap & shop and have all my kids there. You avoid the annoying baby and toddler stages and you get either a child or a teenager. The BEST, no IFs!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #341 on: February 06, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
This is my sims imaginary friend.  I kept her hair and eyes the same color, but with makeup, she is really pretty. :)

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #342 on: February 07, 2012, 02:37:12 AM »
This is my sims imaginary friend.  I kept her hair and eyes the same color, but with makeup, she is really pretty. :)

That's a good looking IF. Most of the ones I had were terrible looking when they aged up.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #343 on: February 07, 2012, 03:58:25 PM »
She's very pretty, Salty!  I love the new hairstyle you used for her!  Generally the IFs-turned-sims that I've seen have been pretty good looking.  I love their eye colors especially.  It doesn't make up for how annoying they are as dolls, though.   ;D

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #344 on: February 07, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »
Guess my sims got the bottom of the barrel; because they all were rather nasty as teenagerq. Didn't wait until young adult, just scrapped the game.

anything