Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 421687 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #285 on: September 25, 2011, 07:55:18 PM »
I love my imaginary friends! I wish there was a setting on the game, I can increase the chance to get one! I love how they walk too. I put on some rap music while they walk just for laughs!  :D

Seriously, why does everyone have to be so mean to their imaginary friends? I love mine!

I like them too!   If it helps you any I've been experimenting and so far every time I've had a successful "try for baby" interaction on a Sunday the resulting baby got a doll in the mail.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #286 on: September 25, 2011, 11:45:40 PM »
So far every kid born in one of my families came with an IF.  Just lucky I guess?  I kind of hate them.  The have that silly walk they do around the house and they're attention hogs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #287 on: September 25, 2011, 11:55:21 PM »
LOL AriaGirl the walk is actually my favorite thing about the IF's. Put on some hip hop and it's perfect!  ;D

Anyways, I'm naming my next one NPH! That's my heir's IF's name ahead of time when he's born! If it's a girl, her name will be Rosie or Pam.

For me, girls have to have girl IF's and boys have to have boy IF's due to the creepiness of falling in love with the IF later in life. However, if both children have an IF, I plan on making the IF's fall for each other when real and have imaginary kids.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2011, 01:51:06 AM »
For me, girls have to have girl IF's and boys have to have boy IF's due to the creepiness of falling in love with the IF later in life.

What! It's not creepy!  ;D I mean if you think about it your Sim imagined them, thus making them the perfect match in Friendship or further for that sim. Besides they do tend to turn out quite well when turned real.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »
Really? All my IFs have been Face Ones.
Formerly Simstar3

Leto85

« Reply #290 on: September 26, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »
Really? All my IFs have been Face Ones.

What are Face Ones?

loveSims

« Reply #291 on: September 26, 2011, 03:54:45 PM »
I think see mean nice ones :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #292 on: September 26, 2011, 07:21:22 PM »
Face One is a term I picked up from a legacy I read.
It's basically just the generic face every Sim created randomly by the game gets.
Formerly Simstar3

loveSims

« Reply #293 on: September 26, 2011, 08:31:18 PM »
Haha kids of today! And you are right they all realy look the same with green or blue hair ;D

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #294 on: September 26, 2011, 08:33:49 PM »
Yup. ;D
Both of mine got dark pink hair with black streaks.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #295 on: October 01, 2011, 05:38:14 AM »
I have a small problem with my IF. Nothing to do with her, she's awesome. But, my girl went to the prom, and I remembered Pam's IF becoming a romantic interest to her kid, and I didn't want that happening, so that night I took her out of her inventory. She went to the prom, and I noticed in her relationship panel was the real sim form. I said oh great. Well, she got home and now the doll is stuck as a doll. I had her pick her up and everything. She will not turn back into her IF form. I closed the game down soon after, so maybe it will be solved when I go back, but has this ever happened to you? If I reset it, will I lose her forever?

loveSims

« Reply #296 on: October 01, 2011, 07:00:45 AM »
Be careful to reset the IF. I did once and the doll was gone, but the IF still show up in the relationship panel. It spoiled the game for me. I think they fixed it in the latest update, but save before you do it. :)

Offline Vegangeekgirl

• Townie
« Reply #297 on: October 02, 2011, 11:22:06 AM »
I had an adopted child who recieved one. There's supposedly a small chance that even a child born in-game won't recieve one. I guess the developer felt that it wouldn't be very realistic if everyone had one.  :P
Me to. I had an adopted toddler that recieved one in the mail after a few days.

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #298 on: October 03, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »
I just turned the imaginary friend of Sage Rhoen real and hes green like she is! I guess it makes sense that she would imagine him to have the same skin color as hers. Otherwise he has the generic, adoptee features. His traits are Daredevil, Family Oriented & Computer Whiz which are not bad at all.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #299 on: October 03, 2011, 04:12:56 PM »
So if I give my IF a girls name will it automatically be a girl or will it automatically be a boy if I give it a boys name?

I never got a chance to make my friend real yet that's why I'm asking.