Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 419152 times)

Offline Majick81

• Nooboo
  • I am driving a lemon! ... what?
    • My Sims 3 Page
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #405 on: February 06, 2013, 08:32:39 PM »
My sims kid has the IF doll, but I forgot to change the gender of the doll so that when my sim grows up, I can have the doll become a real sim and marry her, lol. I've done this before, and it's always amusing to me.

I've only had one imaginary friend before, so this is still kinda new to me.
♥~ Don't hide yourself in regret, just love yourself and you're set ~♥

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #406 on: February 08, 2013, 01:36:46 AM »
So far I have gotten acquainted with Peaches, Rags and Buddha. I think the Imaginary friends are great when the kids are still toddlers and the household doesn't have enough funds for toys to amuse the children while the adults are busy. It also helps the toddlers gain a +20 moodlet for playing with the Imaginary Friend. When the toddlers age up to Child however, there are a lot more things to do and usually there will be real friends to make so my Sims don't play with them anymore. I also tried putting them to the ground so they could walk around the house a bit but the interactions are meant to be a playmate and helpmate of the Sim child. Some of the interactions, I think, are kind of mean and maybe good if the Sim child is evil.

If the time permits and if the resources abound, I usually turn these faithful fellows into real children. It's just like adopting a kid because you don't get to choose the traits. I love playing big families anyway so another child is awesome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #407 on: February 08, 2013, 04:37:33 AM »
I also have one that the toddler/turned youth, will not get the message to put the IF on the ground.  The youth has played with that silly doll constantly since toddler.  The father made the potion and just waiting for the IF to immerge.  Funny little dolls, lol.

That also happened to me. I put the doll on the ground anyway (as Gavroche never stopped singing to it/playing with it), and it became an imaginary friend, so I may have missed the message or something. Maybe try putting it on the ground, anyway, if you haven't already.

Dek

Offline seiji092

• Nooboo
« Reply #408 on: February 11, 2013, 06:06:55 PM »
I may have missed the message or something.

You don't get those messages constantly? I get them all the time, it's become annoying. Even my young adult daughter still get them (don't want an IF for her).

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #409 on: February 12, 2013, 10:21:14 AM »
Interesting to note: The child of an Imaginary Friend made real and a normal sim can't change form until Child stage, but even as an infant, they tend to register as "Imaginary Friend" if you photograph them, and pets will get the "Investigate Strange Sim" action occasionally. (Or nigh-constantly)....so you can tell immediately, even though there's no obvious marker or available interaction.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #410 on: February 12, 2013, 02:29:38 PM »
Yes, I did put it on the ground, because there are so many messages, I thought maybe I had missed it and I have a habit of just x'ing out those messages without reading them, silly me.  So I kept putting the IF on the floor and nothing.  Doesn't matter now, the child turned into a teen and I still have IF on the ground, oh well. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #411 on: February 12, 2013, 04:45:30 PM »
In my boomers file, the second birth (triplets) got dolls, and they never played enough for the IF to grow, but when I aged up the oldest triplet, I took his doll out of his inventory and set it on the dresser or floor. Later I saw him and then his sister playing with the invisible IF, the doll had disappeared to my eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #412 on: March 06, 2013, 03:52:47 AM »
I don't know what to here. My sim child has an IF and his relationship with her is 100%. I got the "When Dreams Come True" opportunity and took a rainbow gem from the parent's inventory to his, but he can't do anything in spite of the fact that I got the notice that the potion is ready and to pick it up. The only things that come up on the menu are the normal ones. Does he or his parents have to find the gem first? The gem that I used belonged to his grandpa so maybe that's the difference? I'm playing in Appaloosa Plains if that makes any difference.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #413 on: March 06, 2013, 04:15:57 AM »
I don't know what to here. My sim child has an IF and his relationship with her is 100%. I got the "When Dreams Come True" opportunity and took a rainbow gem from the parent's inventory to his, but he can't do anything in spite of the fact that I got the notice that the potion is ready and to pick it up. The only things that come up on the menu are the normal ones. Does he or his parents have to find the gem first? The gem that I used belonged to his grandpa so maybe that's the difference? I'm playing in Appaloosa Plains if that makes any difference.

Are you clicking on the Science Center?  It doesn't show up at all or it's grayed out?  If it's grayed out, hover over it and it will tell you what the problem is.  I don't think it matters how your Sim gets the gem.  As long as it's in the inventory, it should be fine.  Are you positive it's a rainbow gem and not a luminorious gem?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #414 on: March 06, 2013, 08:47:41 AM »
Is the Science Center a combined rabbit hole?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #415 on: March 06, 2013, 08:57:15 AM »
Appaloosa Plains has a combination science & medical center.   So unless you've placed a different science center I'm afraid you're experiencing part of the Combo rabbit hole glitch.   The buildings will give the opportunity but you will not be able to complete it.  It's just like other combination rabbit holes won't give opportunities for the jobs there.  Not to mention being unable to complete any afterschool activity opp when using a combined schoolhouse.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #416 on: March 06, 2013, 05:36:53 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn! That has to be it then because it says that the potion is ready, but there is no option to even pick it up. I'll try placing another science center and hospital and see what happens.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #417 on: March 06, 2013, 05:56:12 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn! That has to be it then because it says that the potion is ready, but there is no option to even pick it up. I'll try placing another science center and hospital and see what happens.

It's still not guaranteed that it will work.  You could still get the opp for the other science center.  I would suggest a level 9 logic person instead almost.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #418 on: March 06, 2013, 06:41:02 PM »
Well, I'm going to try anyway. I do have a high logic sim in that family. Also, a bit off topic, but I wonder if this combined rabbit hole bug isn't responsible for the father of the family losing every single game in his pro sports career?! Not once did he ever win any games regardless of how many times he prepared for the game and how much athletic skill the other players had. It has to be related. I may just move that family out of AP to another town.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #419 on: March 06, 2013, 11:30:57 PM »
I have one more question, if this doesn't work, will the opportunity come up again?

anything