Author Topic: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: COMPLETED 11/11/13  (Read 316647 times)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 9 Chapter 155 24/6/13
« Reply #1005 on: June 24, 2013, 02:59:01 PM »
Aww! Connor is adorable! I'm sure there will be plenty of time for Iris to campaign against sharks in the sky with all the other weirdos. RIP Iris CrumpleSteel.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #1006 on: June 24, 2013, 06:17:02 PM »
I've been reading the Crumplesteel saga for a while. I love it. But why did Iris have to die? And right before Island Paradise came in too!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #1007 on: June 24, 2013, 06:44:37 PM »
*wipes eyes* First Kelsey and now Iris. Who will stop the sharks now? At least Connor is adorable. Silver lining, right?
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1008 on: June 24, 2013, 07:59:57 PM »
I'm impressed at how funny you made Iris' death. I don't feel too sad about losing her, because I know she'll continue to be just as mad and the afterlife is a sweet deal for the CrumpleSteels. Ad of course Connor is adorable! Look who he's got for a grandfather! (No, I will not ever let that go)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1009 on: June 24, 2013, 08:05:42 PM »
I wish Connor looked more like Kenyon! :(

RIP Iris. May the afterlife be shark-free (until Shark Racket dies, of course).
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1010 on: June 25, 2013, 06:52:40 AM »
Connor is adorable. But I'm so sorry to see Iris go.

So am I. She was such a fun sim to play. She's a strong contender for my favourite heir in this dynasty.

Grim: *sigh* Just get into the urn.
That made me so think of the M&M's advert: "Just get in the bowl."
To be eaten, yeah! No wonder Iris demands a shark-proof urn.
Great updates! :)

I'd completely forgotten about that advert! Do you know if it shows on Sim TV? Maybe that's where Iris gets her ideas from, advertising!

Aww! Connor is adorable! I'm sure there will be plenty of time for Iris to campaign against sharks in the sky with all the other weirdos. RIP Iris CrumpleSteel.

The sky is definitely full of weirdos, and that's just all my sims that are up there.

I've been reading the Crumplesteel saga for a while. I love it. But why did Iris have to die? And right before Island Paradise came in too!

I actually did consider giving her an age-freeze potion and making her effectively immortal. I really really really didn't want to lose her! But my computer's rubbish and it doesn't cope well with keeping track of too many things at once in-game (though it's not as bad as my work computer which can't open another tab on the internet without freezing...), and given that I'm only a generation off finishing I'm not going to chance anything. I also won't be installing Island Paradise until after the DecaDynasty's over, for that reason! I was scared enough about patching the CrumpleSteels!

*wipes eyes* First Kelsey and now Iris. Who will stop the sharks now? At least Connor is adorable. Silver lining, right?

Technically, Kelsey never died in the story. I left Sunset Valley with Lexa when she was still in the adult stage, so I like to think Kelsey's still kicking around and causing trouble. That's why she's never appeared in any of the interlude chapters.

I'm impressed at how funny you made Iris' death. I don't feel too sad about losing her, because I know she'll continue to be just as mad and the afterlife is a sweet deal for the CrumpleSteels. Ad of course Connor is adorable! Look who he's got for a grandfather! (No, I will not ever let that go)

I started off in the dynasty trying to make the deaths touching, but that's just totally not Iris. I'm surprised Nate grew up so well adjusted with Iris for a mother. Would you believe I've never played with Goodwin Goode? I might have to now just to see what's so goode about him!

I wish Connor looked more like Kenyon! :(

RIP Iris. May the afterlife be shark-free (until Shark Racket dies, of course).

I was disappointed with how Laura-like his face was too. That's pretty much the reason Laura's pregnant again. Shark Racket is still an adult I think, so Iris has a little while of peace yet.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #1011 on: June 25, 2013, 02:23:47 PM »
Technically, Kelsey never died in the story. I left Sunset Valley with Lexa when she was still in the adult stage, so I like to think Kelsey's still kicking around and causing trouble. That's why she's never appeared in any of the interlude chapters.

I know she's not dead, but gone is bad enough, I think.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1012 on: June 26, 2013, 01:54:10 PM »
I know she's not dead, but gone is bad enough, I think.

Gone perhaps, but not forgotten!

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
This Interlude Sponsored by Patch 1.55

Iris [to herself]: Never did get to finish my sculpture. It's a conspiracy. I know it is. That was going to be my great work, my lasting legacy. And now look where I am. I'm wherever this is. Stupid river. Might have sharks in.

Iris: Sharks. Hang on. Why am I blue? And red? WHY HAVE I DIED FROM DEATH BY SHARK? Grim promised me! Promised me!

Iris: "Actually, mate, you're dying of old age. Shark deaths aren't arriving for at least another five days in the UK." Actually, mate, you're wrong. If you spent a little more time getting your facts right and a little less calling people who aren't your friends 'mate', we might not be in this situation!

Iris: No! Wait! It's all Grim's fault! He never actually promised me the urn was shark-proof! What if one got into the urn when the Grim wasn't looking? I hate him! I'll get you eaten by a shark, Grim, see how you like it!

Iris: I knew I was right about the sharks though.

Elixir Clerk: Please stop glaring in my store, you're scaring the customers. In fact, it might be better if you leave.

Iris: Fine, victimise me as well as everyone else.

Iris: Being right doesn't feel great though. It feels a lot like being dead.

Voice: Aha. There you are. You're late.

Iris: I'm dead. I can't be late again. Leave me alone.

Voice: Tell that to your great-great-grandmother.

SimBlip

Family reunion coming up! *claps hands excitedly*
Love it!  :D

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
The patch put my dynasty on hold, too. Not fun  :P

On the other hand, I love seeing Iris again! Missed her so, so much. And it's so perfect that she's a Death by Shark ghost!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Oh, Iris.  You're nearly as wonderful as Kelsey.

So that's what shark-death ghosts look like, is it?  I've patched but haven't really done anything more than enjoy the relief from insanely fast skilling.  Note to self: poke around some more next time the game's fired up.

I can't wait to see where all these interludes are leading - although, if I were a Grim, I'd be worried.  Very, very worried.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Family reunion coming up! *claps hands excitedly*
Love it!  :D

I love family reunions too. Though if

The patch put my dynasty on hold, too. Not fun  :P

On the other hand, I love seeing Iris again! Missed her so, so much. And it's so perfect that she's a Death by Shark ghost!

Oh no, hopefully you're able to get it sorted soon. The damage in mine wasn't too bad in the end thankfully. She's only been dead for half an update, woman! I'll upload her to the Swap Shop perhaps.

Oh, Iris.  You're nearly as wonderful as Kelsey.

So that's what shark-death ghosts look like, is it?  I've patched but haven't really done anything more than enjoy the relief from insanely fast skilling.  Note to self: poke around some more next time the game's fired up.

I can't wait to see where all these interludes are leading - although, if I were a Grim, I'd be worried.  Very, very worried.

Yeah, I think it's quite a cool colour. I went into CAS after patching to do something completely different and found it. It's too perfect for Iris! I havebm't had chance to play around with any of the other bits of the patch though.

And yes, Grim should probably be fairly worried.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Oh no, hopefully you're able to get it sorted soon. The damage in mine wasn't too bad in the end thankfully. She's only been dead for half an update, woman! I'll upload her to the Swap Shop perhaps.

Nothing serious, just the slow-skilling glitch driving me nuts. It's only been half an update? That seems so long! IRIS! I MISS YOU!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Nothing serious, just the slow-skilling glitch driving me nuts. It's only been half an update? That seems so long! IRIS! I MISS YOU!

I think I've got that as well. Haven't had chance to see if I've got it in the Sharks' file as well. And yes. Only half an update and I have to bring her back already! I miss her too.

anything