Author Topic: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: COMPLETED 11/11/13  (Read 310491 times)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 9, Chapter 159 13/8/13
« Reply #1050 on: August 13, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »
Well done on Nathaniel's SuperMax! As everyone else has said, you are so close to finishing this epic but I don't want this to end. I remember bookmarking this story a year ago, before I joined the forum. Do you need to do one more move after this or is Nathaniel's move the final one? I love the children's accounts of your lovely smell. I do hope they were just pressing your buttons and not telling the truth!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1051 on: August 13, 2013, 01:41:42 PM »
Wow!  You're so close.  Congratulations!
Also, I love your nasty/childish Sims - although they're uncomfortably remininscent of real life  ::).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1052 on: August 13, 2013, 02:24:23 PM »
That is life's answer to everything. [insert bad thing] but I just saw a cat jump off a toilet seat so I'm okay.

That chapter was hilarious! These guys aren't very nice to you... or each other... or anyone really.  ;D

One of my old cats once fell down a toilet. I was in the room next to the bathroom when I heard a splash, and ran into the bathroom to find the cat in the toilet bowl looking really confused.

No, they're not very nice to me! I'm not really sure why. It's not like I'm trying to make them do a series of tasks for me without much thanks or benefit, is it?

Poor, poor Nathaniel. Welcome to the life of a DecaDynasty (or just Dynasty) heir.

I can't believe you're this close to finishing! Confession: I both want and REALLY DON'T WANT for you to finish, because then the story will finish and I'll be so sad!

To be fair to Nate, I don't think I'd much enjoy being a Dynasty heir either! Part of me doesn't want to finish either, I've been working on this family for a year and a half and I'll miss them! I'm sure they'll appear in other things, though. They don't like being forgotten about. But at the same time I can't wait to finish up and (hopefully) get in the HOF.

I love Allison's everyday clothing creativity definitely achieved. I forgot this was gen 9 so close to moving to gen 10 then Finishing.  :o Hilarious chapter I love the kids insults to each other and how Nate hates everything and everyone. :)

Thanks! Poor Nate. He really isn't enjoying his life as a dynasty heir.

Well done on Nathaniel's SuperMax! As everyone else has said, you are so close to finishing this epic but I don't want this to end. I remember bookmarking this story a year ago, before I joined the forum. Do you need to do one more move after this or is Nathaniel's move the final one? I love the children's accounts of your lovely smell. I do hope they were just pressing your buttons and not telling the truth!

Thanks! I'm not actually sure whether I need to move once or twice more - Nathaniel's move will be to the generation 10 house but I'm not 100% sure whether generation 10 needs to marry and move or if he/she completing their last requirement to move ends the dynasty. I've been trying not to jinx everything by asking in the DecaDynasty thread too early!

And I hope the children weren't telling the truth too. I don't think I smell...

Wow!  You're so close.  Congratulations!
Also, I love your nasty/childish Sims - although they're uncomfortably remininscent of real life  ::).

Yeah, they are! I think I've spent too much time around my friends and family's children to ever believe that kids can be all sweetness and light, and I know a fair few childish adults as well!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1053 on: August 13, 2013, 03:30:06 PM »
The way I'm reading it, the next heir needs to complete all the requirements for moving, but doesn't need to actually move. It'd still be a good idea to check. Once you're at that point, of course. No need to jinx anything just yet.  ;)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1054 on: August 13, 2013, 04:26:47 PM »
*snickers*  Those kids are brutal XD  Though I loved the fact that Allison threatened to go to the UN.  I remember goofing around with my family like that and when i got punished once, I told my dad that I was gonna call the cops and report abuse.  His response?  "Ok, fine, but if I'm gonna go to jail, might as well be for a reason."  I just huffed and told him that wasn't fair lol.  My sister and I were constantly fighting, though no one else was allowed to mess with them.  So I see a lot of real family dynamics with the family and I think that's what makes it such a great story ^^. 

Also... I don't want it to end! Waahhhh!  Though you most definitely deserve HoF status for this ^^

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1055 on: August 13, 2013, 04:31:32 PM »
Allison's formal coat isn't even enabled for outerwear if you have Seasons. :P I adore the spiceberry on her though.

Congrats on Nate supermaxing fishing, and getting so close to the end.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1056 on: August 13, 2013, 05:02:19 PM »
I'm joining the 'I'm so happy that you're about to complete the challenge, but I don't want your story to end' club, I love this story so so much and I'm about to reread it again. Congrats on supermaxing fishing! Which skill was the easiest to supermax?
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1057 on: August 13, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »
The way I'm reading it, the next heir needs to complete all the requirements for moving, but doesn't need to actually move. It'd still be a good idea to check. Once you're at that point, of course. No need to jinx anything just yet.  ;)

I think you're probably right, but I'm definitely planning to check! There'll be no failing at the last hurdle here!

*snickers*  Those kids are brutal XD  Though I loved the fact that Allison threatened to go to the UN.  I remember goofing around with my family like that and when i got punished once, I told my dad that I was gonna call the cops and report abuse.  His response?  "Ok, fine, but if I'm gonna go to jail, might as well be for a reason."  I just huffed and told him that wasn't fair lol.  My sister and I were constantly fighting, though no one else was allowed to mess with them.  So I see a lot of real family dynamics with the family and I think that's what makes it such a great story ^^. 

Also... I don't want it to end! Waahhhh!  Though you most definitely deserve HoF status for this ^^

My siblings and I all threatened to phone Childline at times when we were growing up, but never the police! Family dynamics are weird things - I have a similar relationship to my siblings as you, I'm allowed to insult them but nobody else is!

Allison's formal coat isn't even enabled for outerwear if you have Seasons. :P I adore the spiceberry on her though.

Congrats on Nate supermaxing fishing, and getting so close to the end.

Ah, typical. It would have made a nice outerwear. And thanks. We're nearly there...

I'm joining the 'I'm so happy that you're about to complete the challenge, but I don't want your story to end' club, I love this story so so much and I'm about to reread it again. Congrats on supermaxing fishing! Which skill was the easiest to supermax?

That's a very long club name. We might have to shorten it, though ISHTYATCTCBIDWYSTE is probably more unsayable! I think probably cooking, it's quite time-consuming with having to make 75 meals but it's easy and I've done it loads of time before. Painting was also pretty easy but there's a bit more of an element of luck to that with needing to get the masterpieces and brilliants. I've been deliberately picking skills I find fairly easy to supermax all along though - nectar making was by far the hardest one I've done. Fishing's probably the most tedious though.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #1058 on: August 13, 2013, 07:26:02 PM »
While fishing can be an enjoyable activity, I can imagine that being forced to fish wouldn't be quite so relaxing. :P

You're on the home stretch now--I can't believe that the end is in sight!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1059 on: August 14, 2013, 04:57:11 AM »
Thanks! I'm not actually sure whether I need to move once or twice more - Nathaniel's move will be to the generation 10 house but I'm not 100% sure whether generation 10 needs to marry and move or if he/she completing their last requirement to move ends the dynasty. I've been trying not to jinx everything by asking in the DecaDynasty thread too early!

The rules seem to be pretty clear:
The End of Your Dynasty

Your DecaDynasty concludes when your 10th heir is living in the 10th house and has completed all 10 moving requirements.
That's all I did, anyway.  Just remember to take the picture at the end!  ;)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1060 on: August 14, 2013, 08:24:11 AM »
While fishing can be an enjoyable activity, I can imagine that being forced to fish wouldn't be quite so relaxing. :P

You're on the home stretch now--I can't believe that the end is in sight!

I can't think of many things that'd be relaxing if forced, actually! Poor Nate. I can't believe it's this close to the end either!

The rules seem to be pretty clear:That's all I did, anyway.  Just remember to take the picture at the end!  ;)

Good to know from someone who's completed it :) Thanks.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 9, Chapter 160 14/8/13
« Reply #1061 on: August 14, 2013, 08:56:24 AM »
If You Like It Then You Should Put A Ring On It

Nathaniel: Treasure! Bright, shiny treasure!

Nate's back in Egypt. He needs more opportunities and so we're making use of the newish ruling that you can have up to three Adventure Opportunities count.

And obviously, when running errands for an evil corporation, a police car is the best vehicle to use.

Nathaniel: Well, the Egyptian police aren't exactly going to stop a fellow police officer, are they?

No, but you might scare your new friends.

Nathaniel: They're not friends, they're business associates.

Nathaniel: You must be the head honcho round here.

Samir: I am the boss.

Nathaniel: Same difference.

Samir: It is not the same difference. I am the boss. The leader. You will respect me, no stupid names, and you will do what I tell you to, Mr Police Car Driver. Or I will kill you.

Nathaniel: O..o..okay!

Nathaniel: I don't want to die. I'm too young to die. Help me, watcher.

You hate me.

Nathaniel: I won't hate you if you save me.

Did I save him? No. I sent him into a tomb where he came face to face with a mummy.

Mummy: Die. Die. The Grim Reaper is coming for you, so you'd better be ready to die.

Nathaniel: You know what? These death threats from everyone are getting kinda boring right now. Samir The Boss was scary but you're just wrapped in toilet paper.

Nathaniel: Argh! I take it back! You're much more than wrapped in toilet paper!

Mummy: I didn't curse you this time, but if you ever try it again...

Nathaniel: My bum!

I think that's where the phrase 'kicked your arse' comes from.

Nathaniel: He punched it as well!

Nathaniel: Note to self. Don't insult mummies.

Meanwhile, back at the CrumpleSteel house, Connor is playing chess.

And Alison is waiting for her uncle to come home.

Alison: I see him! Ready the buckets!

And when she's successfully soaked Nate, she's ruling her kingdom.

Alison: Queendom. I'm a girl.

Connor ages up. There's no other pictures than this, because at this point I was playing really fast to get to the stage where I could move.

Which came shortly after.

Nathaniel: Pansy, I know the readers have probably forgotten about you because the watcher completely failed to have you in very many chapters or to have me go on any dates with you, and I know you probably think I'd forgotten about you because I didn't even phone you for a large proportion of my young adult years. But somehow you've stayed with me, so will you marry me?

Pansy: Will you keep ignoring me if I marry you?

Nathaniel: No. We'll live in the same house and everything.

Pansy: Then yes.

Nathaniel: I present you with this ring, which'll disappear as soon as it goes onto your finger.

Pansy: That's stupid.

Nathaniel: I know.

A quick costume change for Pansy later (and weirdly, after she's chopped some of her hair off), they declare themselves man and wife.

Connor: She's in her nightie. Awesome.

Alison: Boo!

Connor: Argh!

Aww, a perfect wedding.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1062 on: August 14, 2013, 09:06:49 AM »
Nathaniel's Moving Stats

Born: Day 4 of new house, to Iris CrumpleSteel and Justin Kayes
Honor Roll in Grade School: Yes
Honor Roll in High School: Yes
10 NPC Friends: Mandy Dowdy (Maid), Heriberto McClain (Proprietor), Robi Hagen (Singer), Nadine Chambers (Acrobat), Donte Culver (Repairman), Felipe Swann (Mailman), Ali Kidd (Mixologist), Tim Burr (Paparazzi), Greta Gamble (Butler), Tommy Light (Tatto Artist)
10 Best Friends: Laura CrumpleSteel, Kenyon CrumpleSteel, Connor CrumplSteel, Alison CrumpleSteel, Pansy Prudence, Parker Prudence, Marianne McNally, Zo Wheloff, Suzanna Jarvis, Tommy Light
Career: Law Enforcement (Spy Branch)
SuperMax Skill: Fishing
BlackOps: The Muscle Hustle, Aquarium Fishing, For The Children!, Say Hello To My Little Fishy, Bend and Flex, Photo Evidence, Nectar Emergency, Smuggle Check, Business Abroad, Developing Informants
Building: Spa
Property: Twinbrook Library
Tombstone: Alys CrumpleSteel, Iris CrumpleSteel or Justin Kayes (medium, large, large)
Collection of 10 Items: Sculptures by Iris, worth §101,756 total.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1063 on: August 14, 2013, 10:41:23 AM »
Woo! Bring on Generation 10!

(Though it'll  be sad to see this story end  :( )
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1064 on: August 14, 2013, 12:40:24 PM »
Woot!  Go Nate!  Hehehe, love the speech he gave her lol

anything