Author Topic: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: COMPLETED 11/11/13  (Read 316619 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 9, Chapter 157 14/7/13
« Reply #1035 on: July 14, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »
In the aquarium, the sharks almost look like little silver sharks.  Mind, they're crazy.  One of ours jumped out of the tank when I was cleaning it and nearly drowned(?)  After that, it was even madder - kept swimming along the tank at top speed and crashing into the end.  Maybe Iris' ghost should be warned - sharks can be as insane as CrumpleSteels  ;)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #1036 on: July 14, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »
The SteelBottom quip had me cackling in my chair. :P

I concur with MarianT--the toddlers are just adorable! Kenyon makes a good daddy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1037 on: July 14, 2013, 11:52:49 PM »
I hope your wedding preparations (and the wedding itself) all go well.

SteelBottom, now that's a funny name. The sharks are just the digitized version, I hope. If Iris was still around she would probably faint at the sight of them in her own home!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1038 on: July 16, 2013, 08:12:56 AM »
I've been waiting to use the SteelBottom joke since the start of the dynasty. Finally I gave in, so glad you all liked it.

Failure?! I really hope that doesn't happen! It's nice to see the CrumpleSteels again. Rather them than the SteelBottoms!

So do I! At this stage though I'm being so, so cautious with requirements and checking where Nathaniel is that although it's taking me a bit longer at least I'm reducing the failure risk! I also think this one's a lot easier to not fail than the Immortal Dynasty, and I completed that on my first attempt (this is attempt 2 at the DecaDynasty, my first ended when I moved Chris in at 3 days in and he was a vamp).

Hurray for a non-generic-looking toddler! Even if Allison is stuck with the awful Jones-Brown cheekbones, she's still a cutie pie. And toddler spam is totally okay with me.

Good luck to Nathaniel on getting his requirements done. As for the tank of sharks, at least they're not in open Twinbrook waters anymore, right?

And I should add my congratulations on your upcoming wedding. :)

Thanks :) I'm mega excited about getting married, even if it's a lot of hassle. And that's a very good point about the sharks. They're contained (if breeding) and don't pose a danger to innocent citizens.

You should never have to apologize for being concerned about a wedding.

Connor and Alison are both adorable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Nathaniel SteelBottom.

So am I. And yes, they're adorable. Even if one of them's significantly easier than the other one to train.

In the aquarium, the sharks almost look like little silver sharks.  Mind, they're crazy.  One of ours jumped out of the tank when I was cleaning it and nearly drowned(?)  After that, it was even madder - kept swimming along the tank at top speed and crashing into the end.  Maybe Iris' ghost should be warned - sharks can be as insane as CrumpleSteels  ;)

I've just googled about silver sharks and they're pretty cute. I always thought fish were hassle-free pets, though! Poor thing, even though it's probably its own fault.

The SteelBottom quip had me cackling in my chair. :P

I concur with MarianT--the toddlers are just adorable! Kenyon makes a good daddy.

He does, and I'm enjoying his neurotic trait. He's very concerned with the welfare of his children...

I hope your wedding preparations (and the wedding itself) all go well.

SteelBottom, now that's a funny name. The sharks are just the digitized version, I hope. If Iris was still around she would probably faint at the sight of them in her own home!

Thanks! If none of my family fall out, that'll be a bonus... Nope, they're real sharks hand-caught by Nathaniel. Maybe it's acceptable rebellion against his mother, I don't know. I think she'd probably come rant about it on the forum after she'd fainted, but not actually do anything about it.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 9, Chapter 158 16/7/13
« Reply #1039 on: July 16, 2013, 05:55:21 PM »
Too Big for Their Boots

One moment he's a toddler...

...the next...

...Connor becomes a child.

If I calculated how many birthdays I'd had in this dynasty, you'd not be surprised I've run out of amusing ways to narrate them. So you're stuck with factual.

Nathaniel: If I counted how many fish I'd caught in this pond...

It still wouldn't be enough, so get back to it.

Nathaniel: Slave driver.

Nathaniel: I remove my need to sleep, but not to go clubbing until the early hours or have fun or anything, but to stand here with a pole and a wire and some bait. And hopefully some fish.

Thaaaat's the attitude.

Everyday wear. He's become a Genius, mostly because Laura wished for it. I had her have kids for something to do mostly anyway.

Connor: You mean you didn't want us?

I wanted you.

Connor: You wanted us for your amusement, not so we could live happy lives. You're exploiting us.

I regret making you a Genius.

Connor: Now you're trying to remove my traits as well as my reason for being. I won't stand for this.

Laura: Why are you taking it out on me instead of her?

Connor: *hides bucket* I didn't do anything Mummy. It's called precipitation.

Laura: Precipi-what?

Connor: Rain, Mummy. Do you know anything?

Laura: Ahh, much better. My son's making me a cake.

Connor: A muffin. You really don't know anything.

Laura: I give up.

Connor: Good, then I can have a cleverer Mummy.

Alison: Take me with you. They insist on treating me like a toddler. The indignity.

Connor: I'm the captain, and I'm the cleverest person on this ship. And that's why I'm the captain. Captain Connor, famed for his daring and speed of reaction and cleverness across all the stars! Just before his biggest battle so far, he was surveying the sky, when...

Kenyon: Who's a cute girly then? Who's my baby girl?

Alison: Please. Dignity.

Connor: And then, Captain Connor killed the Alien leader and the world was safe once again!

Alison: Wow!

Connor: I know.

Alison: If I do this I can't see you.

Connor: Why am I surrounded by idiots?

Nathaniel: Hey, I'm not an idiot! Oh, is it my birthday? I'd forgotten about that.

Nathaniel: Don't you dare say anything.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1040 on: July 16, 2013, 06:56:59 PM »
Happy Birthday Connor and Nathaniel! Connor is a very cute sim
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1041 on: July 18, 2013, 03:18:41 AM »
Just spent the last two days (and a lot of sneaking onto the forum while at work) reading.  Love this!  Absolutely brilliant!  I've been laughing most of the time as I read.  And now a lot of the shark comments in your Shark Immortal Dynasty make so much more sense to me now XD 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #1042 on: July 22, 2013, 10:42:46 AM »
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Enjoy your Big Day (and forget all the stress leading up to it)!
Great updates! Hooray for boys with genius and girls with a sense of dignity. :)

Offline Candy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Hopeless Romantic
« Reply #1043 on: July 26, 2013, 03:24:58 AM »
Connor looks really cute as a child and I love his makeover! I'm sure he'll be a fabulous big brother to Alison. Nathaniel's slave driver comment was funny :)
Living and Loving Life!

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #1044 on: July 26, 2013, 03:55:57 AM »
Can you duct tape a Sims mouth? That should be a feature they add. Humble yourself, Connor.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1045 on: August 13, 2013, 10:35:26 AM »
Happy Birthday Connor and Nathaniel! Connor is a very cute sim

He is! He's pretty cute as a teen as well. Still a shame about the lack of interesting genes though.

Just spent the last two days (and a lot of sneaking onto the forum while at work) reading.  Love this!  Absolutely brilliant!  I've been laughing most of the time as I read.  And now a lot of the shark comments in your Shark Immortal Dynasty make so much more sense to me now XD 

Thanks! Hope it was worth all the sneaking in work! And yeah, the Sharks mostly make sense by themselves, but the whole idea came from this. I never intended the shark thing to become more than a passing comment Kelsey made once or twice, but it kinda grew...

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Enjoy your Big Day (and forget all the stress leading up to it)!
Great updates! Hooray for boys with genius and girls with a sense of dignity. :)

Thanks! It was quite stressful leading up to it, but all worth it in the end.

Connor looks really cute as a child and I love his makeover! I'm sure he'll be a fabulous big brother to Alison. Nathaniel's slave driver comment was funny :)

I don't think Nate likes being in a dynasty much! He's probably had the worst time out of all my heirs, the fishing challenge to catch 350 fish takes a really long time. Connor's makeover's one of my favourites that I've done for a while, so thanks!

Can you duct tape a Sims mouth? That should be a feature they add. Humble yourself, Connor.

I wish you could. This lot are annoying. And Connor's by far not the worst!

And yeah. I'm pretty much back and updating again now, so expect to see a move, a tenth generation nooboo, and hopefully an end to the dynasty in the near future. I've got an update for like right now, and then I'm going into the game to finish off generation ten's toddler years!

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 9, Chapter 159 13/8/13
« Reply #1046 on: August 13, 2013, 11:28:34 AM »
Penultimate Penultimate

Laura and Nate are the same age, so she aged up the same evening as well. I keep mistaking the paparazzi next to her for Laura herself.

Laura: I'm so awesome, I can change outfit, my hairstyle and age up all at the same time.

Nathaniel: 319. And it's tiny. I hate everything.

Even me?

Nathaniel: Especially you.

I got you a birthday present though!

Nathaniel: I bet it's a fishing rod. Take it back if it's a fishing rod. I want no more of your fishing.

It's a trip to Egypt.

Nathaniel: What? How did I get here? Wow, maybe you do care about me!

No, I just wanted you to catch more fish without aging.

Nathaniel: Oh.

And you have an opp that involves relics.

Nathaniel: I hate everything again.

At first, Nate goes tomb-raiding for some relics.

But soon we realise it's quicker just to buy them off the relic merchant.

Nathaniel: I was enjoying not fishing.

This isn't fishing either.

Nathaniel: But it's a quicker route of not fishing.

And before long, he's fishing again.

Nathaniel: And again, and again and again and again. And then some more. And a little bit more.

Shhh. Fish.

Nathaniel: 349. 350.

Well done.

Nathaniel: I can stop fishing now. I'm free. [pause] Feels anticlimatic.

A long time after him aging up, he gets his usual hair back.

It's so long since I took this screenshot (June 12th!) that I've pretty much forgotten why I took it. But it's of Nathaniel being papped going into work dressed as a chef, by the looks of it.

Nathaniel: That's how important I am to you, you forget what I do.

You're a police officer, I know that.

Alison: And you missed me aging up. You're a terrible watcher.

Any more abuse today?

Connor: You smell!

Thanks. I know I do. Of flowers.

Connor: Of poo!

Alison: And wee!

Nathaniel: And bogeys!

Connor: Bogeys don't smell. Silly Uncle Nate.

More importantly, neither do I.

Connor, Alison, Nathaniel: Yes you do!

Laura: Children. Leave the watcher alone.

Child Alison, who looks a lot like Kenyon.

Kenyon: Oh, so you do remember me this update?

Shut up, all of you. Or I'll take Hallucination's advice and get you all duct taped up.

Alison: You can't!

Want to see me try?

Alison: No.

Her favourite colour is spiceberry, as you can see from her pyjamas.

I always think this outfit's more of a coat than a formalwear, but seeing as a) there's no Seasons in my game yet and b) it suits Alison, I went with it.

Her everyday wear is me trying to be creative. I think it worked.

Alison: I'm better than you cuz I don't have to do extra work at home like you do. You think you're a genius but you're not.

Connor: Everyone gets homework, you just haven't been to school yet because you're stupid and younger than me. I'm better than you cuz I'm older.

Alison: Oh yeah? So why've I got french toast and you've got homework?

Connor: I don't want french toast, it's breakfast food not teatime food.

Alison: You're just saying that cuz you're jealous I'm better than you. Bum-face.

Laura: It's not very nice to call your brother a bum-face.

Alison: Why?

Laura: It's an insult.

Alison: It was s'posed to be an insult. Dur.

Laura: And sometimes I want to insult Uncle Nate. But I don't because it's not polite.

Alison: But I have the right to free speech.

Laura: Not in this house, you don't. Be nice to your brother or I'll take away your TV privileges.

Alison: I'm going to call the UN.

Laura: My children are weird. But at least the internet has lots of cat videos.

Maid: Awww!

Connor: I think I lied to Alison. I'd prefer french toast to spellings.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1047 on: August 13, 2013, 12:01:20 PM »
Laura: My children are weird. But at least the internet has lots of cat videos.

That is life's answer to everything. [insert bad thing] but I just saw a cat jump off a toilet seat so I'm okay.

That chapter was hilarious! These guys aren't very nice to you... or each other... or anyone really.  ;D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1048 on: August 13, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »
Poor, poor Nathaniel. Welcome to the life of a DecaDynasty (or just Dynasty) heir.

I can't believe you're this close to finishing! Confession: I both want and REALLY DON'T WANT for you to finish, because then the story will finish and I'll be so sad!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Anna33

« Reply #1049 on: August 13, 2013, 12:21:20 PM »
I love Allison's everyday clothing creativity definitely achieved. I forgot this was gen 9 so close to moving to gen 10 then Finishing.  :o Hilarious chapter I love the kids insults to each other and how Nate hates everything and everyone. :)