Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 131532 times)

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #375 on: April 30, 2018, 01:20:18 PM »
A few more questions. I'm assuming my gender customization of Brant was okay since you commented on the story topic and didn't mention having an issue with it.

1. Can we direct an uncontrollable sim to take a pregnancy test?

2. If we use a vampire to turn, say, Bella Goth, would she be an eligible spouse several gens in when Morty and the kids have kicked the bucket?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #376 on: April 30, 2018, 03:08:21 PM »
A few more questions. I'm assuming my gender customization of Brant was okay since you commented on the story topic and didn't mention having an issue with it.

2. If we use a vampire to turn, say, Bella Goth, would she be an eligible spouse several gens in when Morty and the kids have kicked the bucket?

For #1, the answer is no, unless it's on a free day. You can usually tell from the thought bubbles whether a Sim is pregnant. Not taking the test just means an extra day of pregnancy.

For #2, it's okay to turn Bella Goth and use her as a spouse several generations later, unless you already have a family living in the Goths' house.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #377 on: April 30, 2018, 04:00:48 PM »

For #1, the answer is no, unless it's on a free day. You can usually tell from the thought bubbles whether a Sim is pregnant. Not taking the test just means an extra day of pregnancy.

For #2, it's okay to turn Bella Goth and use her as a spouse several generations later, unless you already have a family living in the Goths' house.

Thanks for the timely response! I was afraid that'd be the case with pregnancy, but I wanted to make sure. That's nice with regard to Bella though, I'll def turn her then! I do have another question now about uncontrolled sims, though:

Phone calls, what can we do about them? I'm assuming opening them is okay since the game does that automatically when you tab to that sim and we are allowed to tab to unplayed sims to like check needs and stuff. But some you can respond to, such as club invites or invites to go somewhere. Can we respond to these? I've been assuming no to be safe, but it'd be nice to know if that isn't the case.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #378 on: April 30, 2018, 04:36:26 PM »

Thanks for the timely response! I was afraid that'd be the case with pregnancy, but I wanted to make sure. That's nice with regard to Bella though, I'll def turn her then! I do have another question now about uncontrolled sims, though:

Phone calls, what can we do about them? I'm assuming opening them is okay since the game does that automatically when you tab to that sim and we are allowed to tab to unplayed sims to like check needs and stuff. But some you can respond to, such as club invites or invites to go somewhere. Can we respond to these? I've been assuming no to be safe, but it'd be nice to know if that isn't the case.

The only calls an uncontrolled Sim can respond to are the ones from school about a child. Sorry, no acceptance of invitations allowed (although your uncontrolled Sim can go as a guest if your controlled Sim is invited somewhere.)

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #379 on: April 30, 2018, 05:41:57 PM »

The only calls an uncontrolled Sim can respond to are the ones from school about a child. Sorry, no acceptance of invitations allowed (although your uncontrolled Sim can go as a guest if your controlled Sim is invited somewhere.)
Ok that's what I thought. I do have one hopefully final question (I hope I'm not like bombarding you or anything with all these):
Can we buy vamp powers and weaknesses for unplayed vamps on non-free days?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #380 on: April 30, 2018, 06:20:01 PM »

Ok that's what I thought. I do have one hopefully final question (I hope I'm not like bombarding you or anything with all these):
Can we buy vamp powers and weaknesses for unplayed vamps on non-free days?

Questions are always welcome. You can buy vamp powers for uncontrolled Sims only on free days -- it's the same as for satisfaction rewards.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #381 on: April 30, 2018, 06:28:04 PM »
Ok I thought so. That's all for now, thanks for the help! Luckily the vamp I moved in already has the 2 powers I most desired on her (vamp creation and sun immunity) anyway.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #382 on: May 02, 2018, 10:16:20 AM »
is it automatic fail if a baby goes to daycare? I accepted an excursion with a friend and selected "yes" rather than "yes and choose people to bring" yet my spouse decided to come along as well. Obviously was expecting her to stay and look after the baby.

Could I take a -1 hit instead maybe, as if I'd hired a nanny?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #383 on: May 02, 2018, 12:29:41 PM »
is it automatic fail if a baby goes to daycare? I accepted an excursion with a friend and selected "yes" rather than "yes and choose people to bring" yet my spouse decided to come along as well. Obviously was expecting her to stay and look after the baby.

Could I take a -1 hit instead maybe, as if I'd hired a nanny?

Go ahead and take a -1 for the nanny.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #384 on: May 02, 2018, 05:34:49 PM »
thanks.

Still can't work out how it happened. She wasn't part of the group or anything, she was just there.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #385 on: May 02, 2018, 06:56:54 PM »
thanks.

Still can't work out how it happened. She wasn't part of the group or anything, she was just there.
@Vesper

I find this happening to me, too, when traveling to Granite Falls or Selvadorada.
Though I specify an adult sim to go alone, leaving the children behind with other adults in the household, the game will go ahead and invite along other household members on its own.
I once redid the Take a vacation... command 4-5 times but it kept happening.
In the end, I just took all the darned sims to Granite Falls then sent home the ones I didn't want there.

In your case, it's trickier because the game didn't even show you who would be traveling with your sim.
Anyway, I'm just posting to commiserate and to say I'm glad you're allowed to take a point loss rather than failing your challenge.
Still an annoying bug, though, eh?

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #386 on: May 03, 2018, 08:09:34 AM »
@oshizu well I'm kind of glad that it's not just me then :) Since then I don't think I went to other lots until she became a child, just to be extra cautious
Am so relieved it wasn't a fail. After a dreadful first attempt I think I'm doing pretty well now.

BTW am working through your dynasty story at the mo and loving it (am on Gen 4 with Jet)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #387 on: May 03, 2018, 09:03:21 AM »
Some while ago we changed the rules to be like this:
You'll start with a childless premade YA townie (or teen immediately aged up to YA or adult or elder immediately aged down to YA)
Would it be possible to start with a child too or toddler even? They will ofcause be aged up to YA asap

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #388 on: May 09, 2018, 02:01:00 AM »
There's a sim in my simverse who has remained a teen (for unknown reasons) over several generations. She is definitely not a vampire.

Question: May I direct my controlled sim to cake up this sim to a young adult?
I already have enough spouse prospects for the last two heirs, but I just thought I would ask.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #389 on: May 09, 2018, 02:30:28 AM »
There's a sim in my simverse who has remained a teen (for unknown reasons) over several generations. She is definitely not a vampire.

Question: May I direct my controlled sim to cake up this sim to a young adult?
I already have enough spouse prospects for the last two heirs, but I just thought I would ask.

As it sounds like a bug, please go ahead and cake her up.