Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 133445 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #390 on: May 09, 2018, 03:03:46 AM »
Thank you! She's lavender and rather pretty. :D

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #391 on: May 09, 2018, 12:48:53 PM »
Is she a special NPC type at all? Some NPCs are coded to not age unless they join a played household, such as Nannies, Butlers, "weirdos", etc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #392 on: May 09, 2018, 01:08:26 PM »
Is she a special NPC type at all? Some NPCs are coded to not age unless they join a played household, such as Nannies, Butlers, "weirdos", etc.

Since she's a teen, she wouldn't be assigned to any of those groups except through some sort of bug.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #393 on: May 09, 2018, 01:14:43 PM »
Can't teens be Nannies? I could've sworn they could, but I've never used a Nanny (I always use the Butler instead), so I could be wrong. It also might be possible that maybe they can be weirdos too?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #394 on: May 09, 2018, 01:40:31 PM »
Most of us are already familiar with the concept of specific immortal sims who came with the City Living pack.

I've only seen teen sims working in one of the part-time careers for teens, never as one of the service sims (nanny, butler, gardener, caterer, repairfolk, landlord) nor weirdos (trash panda, living statue).
Sofia Bjergsen can be seen busking on her guitar in San Myshuno as a teen but busking is a normal activity, not associated with immortality.

Again, thank you for your response LenaLJ. She's been around for seven generations now. I'll consider her bugged and try caking her up in a while.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #395 on: May 09, 2018, 02:14:13 PM »
Actually now that you mention it, I'm actually pretty sure I've had teen living statues before, I could be misremembering though. I'm assuming this teen isn't one though since you'd likely have noticed and mentioned it. And technically immortal sims came before city living, the earliest one that comes to mind is the nanny, which came like 4-6 months before CL came out. CL did give us several types of immortal sims though. In fact the Nanny and Butler are the only ones I can think of that didn't come in CL.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #396 on: May 11, 2018, 05:29:41 PM »
A question about satisfaction rewards.
According to the rules about which activities decrease the current score:
-1 point for every Satisfaction Reward bought.

Question: Does this refer to any satisfaction reward bought by any household member outside of a free day?
Or does this rule apply only to the controlled sim (with household members only ever allowed to buy satisfaction rewards on free days)?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #397 on: May 11, 2018, 06:17:51 PM »
A question about satisfaction rewards.
According to the rules about which activities decrease the current score:
-1 point for every Satisfaction Reward bought.

Question: Does this refer to any satisfaction reward bought by any household member outside of a free day?
Or does this rule apply only to the controlled sim (with household members only ever allowed to buy satisfaction rewards on free days)?

I'm not sure what difference it makes. Non-controlled Sims can only buy satisfaction rewards on free days -- and they don't get the penalty then. But yes, you have to deduct a point for anyone who buys a satisfaction reward if it's not on a free day.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #398 on: May 11, 2018, 06:32:47 PM »
Thank you for your response and my apologies for not being clear.
I wasn't sure if it was allowed to buy a satisfaction reward for a non-controlled sim, even if a point were lost, since that's not listed under the situations where a non-controlled sim can be controlled (outside of a free day).
To be safe, I just had the heir buy a trait instead since I'm mainly trying to slow down point gain.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #399 on: May 21, 2018, 07:34:43 PM »
OK I'm starting my third attempt and want to make absolutely sure that I understand the rules this time.

Q1) Is gender customisation now allowed for founders?

Q2) All completed aspirations need to be unique - does this apply to child aspirations as well as adult aspirations?

Q3) If maxing a skill at nine points also completes an aspiration do we just carry over the second point for the skill and lose the points for the aspiration (as this would occur after the free day begins)?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #400 on: May 21, 2018, 09:29:25 PM »

OK I'm starting my third attempt and want to make absolutely sure that I understand the rules this time.

Q1) Is gender customisation now allowed for founders?

Q2) All completed aspirations need to be unique - does this apply to child aspirations as well as adult aspirations?

Q3) If maxing a skill at nine points also completes an aspiration do we just carry over the second point for the skill and lose the points for the aspiration (as this would occur after the free day begins)?

1. Gender customization is allowed for heirs only. You can pick your founder so aren't stuck with a gender for him or her.
2. Adult aspirations only.
3. If maxing a skill would give you 2 points for that and also 2 points for completing an aspiration, then you get all 4 points, even if you're at 9.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #401 on: May 22, 2018, 04:34:06 AM »
Thanks Marian, this is great. Carrying over those points is especially useful, as I seem dreadful at timing.

Now just have to decide if genetics or the "right" partner is more important.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #402 on: May 25, 2018, 07:59:06 AM »
Does falling asleep in the bath or at the table count as passing out or is it just when people fall onto the floor?

Example

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #403 on: May 25, 2018, 11:10:45 AM »
Does falling asleep in the bath or at the table count as passing out or is it just when people fall onto the floor?

Example

I go with just when they fall on the floor. :)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #404 on: May 25, 2018, 11:39:24 AM »
OK, that's good news, thanks.

Poor Salim. Working hard did get him a promotion at least, even if it exhausted him.