Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 243275 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #210 on: December 06, 2012, 01:09:15 AM »
Personally, I am horrible at earning lots of money through gardening/fishing, so I'm leaning away from that as a supermax. I was thinking about doing Writing or Charisma as a skill, but now I'm not so sure. I've always found Charisma easy to max, but Writing isn't really my thing. Is Inventing a doable supermax for someone who doesn't play it often?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #211 on: December 06, 2012, 01:39:02 AM »
Personally, I am horrible at earning lots of money through gardening/fishing, so I'm leaning away from that as a supermax. I was thinking about doing Writing or Charisma as a skill, but now I'm not so sure. I've always found Charisma easy to max, but Writing isn't really my thing. Is Inventing a doable supermax for someone who doesn't play it often?

The only problem with charisma is if an immortal ever actually gains a point in charisma when they're not supposed to, they can negate the charisma immortal's supermax very easily.

Inventing isn't much different than something like sculpting, you just need to make sure that you keep some sort of eye on them because they will light on fire. Plus, they need scrap to make anything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2012, 10:35:09 PM »
I have yet to supermax inventing. Some of the skill challenges take a long time. Also, you should know you will need palladium, life fruit, and a heart cut pink diamond to make the mystery invention, so plan ahead for that because sometimes it takes some time.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2012, 10:52:58 PM »
So, um, I moved Claire Ursine into the house (sunset valley, only EP is supernatural) and I told her to go to the hospital. She came back with a streak of pink as long as the house so, what do I do?

This has happened to me MANY times, and uninstalling all my CC seemed to fix it.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2012, 10:58:25 PM »
I got lucky on a series of trips to the consignment store in my hunt for a camera in one of my multitude of attempts at the Immortal Dynasty challenge ... I think it took 3, 4 or 5 times of buying out the store to get my camera, but along the line I'm sure I got a couple of pieces of palladium and a pink diamond.

Do any of the skill challenges for gardening/fishing require money to be earned? If not, maybe try to supermax with an immortal but have the career in something else, as I believe that money for selling the products of both of those skills is simply used to reach level 10 in the respective self employment jobs. However, I could be wrong on that point. :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #215 on: December 06, 2012, 11:02:01 PM »
None of the fishing challenges have a monetary requirement, and I don't think that the gardening ones do either (someone correct me if I'm wrong; I haven't played a dedicated gardener in ages).

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2012, 06:13:08 AM »
[...] as I believe that money for selling the products of both of those skills is simply used to reach level 10 in the respective self employment jobs. However, I could be wrong on that point. :)

But there are other uses for the produce - for instance, the fish can be used as fertilizer for your garden, and both fish and vegetables can be used by the Chef in the family to cook some Perfect Food, thus increasing the mood of the Sims in the family by giving positive buffs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2012, 01:53:10 PM »
If you plan on having a Handiness sim, move in a technophobe! Plumbing appliances break all the time, but electronics take longer. I moved in Agnes' elderly technophobe alien boyfriend, who also has level 10 logic, so he'll be able to tutor the heir on Snow Days. This way, he'll break electronics, keep the teenage grade at A, and die pretty soon. Score!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »
I'm trying to do something sneaky with my Gen 2 Sim with regards to her Supermax Skill and Her LTW. As a spoiler, I'm planning on her LTW to be One Sim Band, but I'm aware she can't pick up music skills until she is Teen. So I'm pondering a Supermax Skill with the following characteristics:-
* Something that she can start on at childhood
* Something that she can potentially get a head start with/max on her tabcast hopefully by the time she becomes a Teen
* Something that won't prevent (too much) me getting her instrument skills up to level 10.
* Something that could potentially somehow support the music skills

Fishing is out (Patrick has that as his supermax skill)
Gardening is out (Patrick has maxed that/it doesn't start until teen)

It kinds of looks to me as though I'm left with a choice between Photography, Logic or Writing. I'm strongly leaning towards Photography out of those three choices. Thoughts? I am aware of how difficult some of the skill challenges in Photography (especially the Paparazzi and some of the collections) are to complete. I do have a couple of cameras in my household, and I can send her off with one of those. At the moment, she is 2 days away from childhood.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2012, 09:54:55 PM »
Logic isn't too bad to supermax, and I was able to get a child to level seven in it that way (and I think level ten would be possible with enough dedication; granted, she maxed out the peg box and read all the logic toddler books).

Plus, logic is used as a metric in the symphonic branch of the music career, so it kind of ties in. I know that Ratchie had one of her logic supermaxes go into music and he did just fine.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2012, 08:04:47 AM »
Regarding the One Sim Band LTW, if you have your heir max the xylophone as a toddler, she will go to level 3 in all 4 instruments if she goes on a field trip to the theatre. Also, have her join the Music Club as a teen -- that's good for another level at least.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2012, 02:31:38 PM »
Regarding the One Sim Band LTW, if you have your heir max the xylophone as a toddler, she will go to level 3 in all 4 instruments if she goes on a field trip to the theatre. Also, have her join the Music Club as a teen -- that's good for another level at least.

What skills does ballet help out with?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2012, 02:37:07 PM »

Cuteness. I think that's about it.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2012, 05:13:26 PM »
as ballet is dancing, and despite the jokes about ballet you have to be fit to do it, maybe it somehow impacts on athletic skill.

I've gone with photography for Majel's supermaxed skill. Thanks for the suggestion about logic, but I think there's too much standing around/sitting for long periods of time with logic for music things to get done.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2012, 09:54:13 PM »
Dek, you always try the hardest skills! Photography is notoriously difficult to supermax because it's glitchy. Sometimes subjects don't register and it messes up the skill challenges. Logic really is good to go with music because as Trip mentioned, it is related to the music career.

I haven't done extensive testing, but I'm pretty sure the answer is none.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04