Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233667 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 57 - In Sickness and Health"
« Reply #420 on: February 19, 2013, 05:42:25 PM »
Sigh...Barry has been my favorite spouse so far. So sad to see him go.  :'(

But how funny that Rudolpho came with! Of course Hope would take the urn of her dead boyfriend along to Lucky Palms...yeah...that's not a sentence you read every day. :P

You really have a humorous way with words. The way you started this chapter was just hilarious! What a way to make friends! At least Valentine should have a decent group of potential spouse material. He's such a cutie. :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #421 on: February 19, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »
Hey, we're both playing in Lucky Palms at the same time! Maybe I'll see you guys at the park. LOL unfortunately, my nooboos are too old for yours ;). Love the pegboard shot!

Lol, I'm sure the Joneses would love to meet the Winterly boys! Valentine is currently almost a teenager in my game, so if he isn't old enough to play with them, Stella is.  ;)

Stella oh Stella....Please tell me she's going to procreate with some poor sim and have a child that's just as...eccentric as her? <3

Thanks ladyaya, but do you really think there can be more than one Stella? ;) I'm not sure she's emotionally stable enough to find someone to breed with, anyway.

At least Barry got to see his grandson born before he died. Rest in Peace, Barry Keaton.

Thank you, Audren. I feel bad about not giving him a better send-off. I miss him.  :(

Valentine is so cute :) and 5 PREGNANT WOMEN! That is a lot. I knew you were going to play Lucky Palms, the picture in the update before looked like Lucky Palms  ;) Did you notice that we got the earlier generation darker skin?
RIP Barry :(

Wow, I didn't even notice the similarities between the towns! My decision to choose that pic must have been subconsciously influenced by Lucky Palms. ;)

What do you mean by "earlier generation darker skin"? If you're talking about Johnny and Diana's skin tones, then I agree that it is rather cool to have them back. It seems that before this generation, my heirs were steadily getting paler. :P

The picture of Stella during the fight is hilarious! And with the first look at the picture of Valentine with the pegbox, I think what strange pants he have on! RIP Barry.

Thanks Louise, Stella always makes the best faces  :). Now that I look at that picture of Valentine, it DOES look like he's wearing funny pants!

Lucky Palms it is! I never noticed that town had so many pregnant women at the start! Welcome Valentine and RIP Barry.

Oh and yeah! I would really like to see Stella have a kid, too!  :D

Appaloosa Plains has a lot of pregnant women too. I've been using this list to keep track of the potential spouses in each town.

Sigh...Barry has been my favorite spouse so far. So sad to see him go.  :'(

But how funny that Rudolpho came with! Of course Hope would take the urn of her dead boyfriend along to Lucky Palms...yeah...that's not a sentence you read every day. :P

You really have a humorous way with words. The way you started this chapter was just hilarious! What a way to make friends! At least Valentine should have a decent group of potential spouse material. He's such a cutie. :)

Thanks for the lovely comment as always, Raia  :). I miss Barry too. The move actually erased Hope and Rudy's relationship and I had to build it up again with cheats, but as soon as they saw each other they were instantly attracted and started flirting without my help :). I'm glad you liked the pregnant townie montage, it was a bit of a hassle to track them all down in-game!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #422 on: February 19, 2013, 11:40:58 PM »
Maybe not an exact clone, but a child could be just as eccentric in a dirrerent way  ;D
Awwe, just means Mandy needs to have multiple kids so that she can have an eccentric child to creep out the heir if said eccentric child isn't the heir  ;D

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 58- Small Spaces and Unhappy Birthdays"
« Reply #423 on: February 26, 2013, 10:17:02 PM »
Chapter 58 – Small Spaces and Unhappy Birthdays

Just a warning: As a player, I'm a little... inattentive in this chapter. I feel compelled to tell you that I really do care about my little guys, even if my terrible playing doesn’t show it.

Here’s a picture of Mandy enjoying the meal that bumped her up to 10 Cooking points. The household’s skill-building has been going surprisingly well lately - Mandy’s maxed her cooking, Omar’s maxed his painting, and Stella is making great progress with her gardening, fishing and handiness. Without even trying, I’ve assembled a Dynasty team.

Out of nowhere, Mandy pops a wish to have another child with Omar. I wasn’t planning on having a spare this generation, but since Valentine will grow out of his cot soon hey, why not? We’ve got space for two kids to sleep if they’re willing to share a bedroom when they’re older, or they can even get a room each if one of the elders happens to die first.

“Oh no, I blocked the toilet! I feel as if I could die of shame!”

No! That was NOT an invitation, Libby! You deserve a way cooler death than this. Couldn’t you hold on until a dramatic raid with your police squad, or at least a setting where I don’t have to abuse perspective with Tab mode to document it? This room can't even fit a decent camera angle, let alone a reaper:

“OH FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE, YOU CAN’T SERIOUSLY EXPECT ME TO REAP THROUGH A BATHROOM WINDOW! I’M A FEARED AND MYSTERIOUS FIGURE OF MYTHOLOGY, NOT A DRUNK WHO FORGOT HIS KEYS!”

I’m sorry Grim, this is embarrassing for everyone  :-[. AND I forgot to take a dying picture that didn’t include a toilet, so could you please be nice and respectfully shake her han–

*SMACK*

“NO TIME FOR THAT, I’VE GOT A SCHEDULE TO KEEP! THERE’S SOULS TO REAP, BOATS TO CATCH, AND BITTER OLD MEN TO EDUCATE ABOUT THE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS!”

*sigh* I am truly sorry about this, Liberty.

Liberty Tamara Jones, undignified death notwithstanding, was just as Lucky in her lifetime as her traits would suggest. She fulfilled all her dreams, raised two beautiful daughters, and upheld the morals of truth and justice instilled in her by her father (with the help of the aggressive streak she inherited from her mother). She’ll be reunited with her beloved husband Barry in the afterlife, where I’m sure he’s looking forward to having his reading partner back. Rest in peace, Libby.

“But… but I didn’t get to tell her I was pregnant again! Mum would have been so happy to know she was getting another grandchild.”
“It’s OK, honey. Given the way you and Omar carry on, it probably wouldn’t have been that big a surprise to her anyway.”

Hope handles things surprisingly well, and is always around to offer a shoulder to cry on. I choose to believe that this is because of her naturally optimistic attitude, and not because the move messed up family trees and she's no longer recognised as Liberty’s sister.

At least I got more pictures of the family mourning this time. Unfortunately, the majority are just as ridiculous as you’d expect.

“This prickly, useless cactus reminds me so much of my mother-in-law!” *sob*

Argh, not again! This burglar is apparently skilled enough to pass through solid glass, and yet not skilled enough to identify a standard burglar alarm when he sees one.

“Who is this generous Sim who throws attractive men at my feet? And more importantly, why hasn’t he visited us before?”

I swear I don’t set up these pictures of Stella looking creepy. It really comes that naturally to her.

“Thank you for my present, mysterious service Sim! He will live in my bedroom, and I will feed him and groom him and love him forever and ever!”
“Ma’am, I’m going to have to stop you there. This man is a dangerous criminal. He needs to be taken to the station.”
“Could you instead lock him up at our residence?”
“NO. You cannot treat this man as your property, he belongs to the state.”

“Hmmph. There’s something not quite right about this family.”

Sorry about that, officer. Let’s hope the younger generation turns out some more respectable young Sims.

Speaking of which, little Valentine is growing up fast. I throw him a party and invite a bunch of kids, but none show up because apparently children have this thing called “school” during the day. Whoops.

He gains a hat and a new trait: Vegetarian. Frankly, I’m more excited about the hat. No offence to any vegetarians, but I was hoping for a stronger trait that would do help me flesh out Valentine’s personality. Oh well, maybe his new little sibling will be more interesting.

And here the little sibling is! Yeah, she’s in for an interesting childhood. I name her Nectar, because I want to continue with the Valentine’s Day naming theme and “Rose Jones” seemed a little too generic. Let’s hope I haven’t doomed her to a life as a party dancer, or predisposed her to nectar addiction for that matter.

Now that Mandy is back on maternity leave, Omar has a chance to leave the childcare to her and play guitar for tips in town all day. Here he is at Diamondback’s with the townies that never leave. I don’t remember their names, but there are three of them and they’re here almost every night to watch him play.

Valentine is finally old enough to do the townie-offspring-stalking by himself. His best friend at the moment is fellow Vegetarian Curtis Shaw. He doesn’t have any female friends yet, but I’m sure there’ll be plenty of time to find Valentine a girlfriend in the future.

Whoops, it seems that with all the excitement I forgot about Mandy’s birthday! The poor thing grows up in the most nightmarish way imaginable – half-naked in the dark, backed into a dangerously unstable device, and being jeered at by everyone at a party after she broke the host’s TV. No wonder she picks up a midlife crisis.

Moments later my camera is pulled to the home lot, where Omar is also ready to grow up and HANG ON A MINUTE, is there a HORSE in the house?!

There IS! What the heck, Omar?! I leave you alone for one Sim hour and you let a feral beast into the kitchen? How did on Earth did it get through the door, and why isn’t Valentine also freaking ou–

…Ohhhhh, I see what happened. This is the kid’s fault, isn’t it? He’s a Vegetarian, so of course he’d care about animals enough to take their welfare into his own hands. Now that I think about it, he probably plotted this with Curtis after they saw the homeless horse from the school bus or something. Clearly, they were able to get the horse through the door via the same method Valentine used to get his limbs into the peg box when he was a toddler. (Okay, okay, I’m just messing around. I doubt Valentine even has a single horse-related wish.)

*jaw drop*

What the– …You sneaky little boy, I didn’t seriously think you would do it! Wow, I officially take back everything I said about you not having enough personality. Welcome to my good books, Valentine.

“Hey kid, what’s all that screaming about?”
“I think Dad just got wrinkles.”
Ohhhh.”

Hey, who invited the bikini model? Did Valentine adopt her too? Look, I know she doesn’t have many clothes on, but I don’t think that qualifies her as a “Stray”.

Bikini Woman then proceeds to strip the house of candy, leaving poor little Nectar helpless on the floor. Huh, on second thoughts maybe this Sim really IS a wild animal.

“It’s too late for me, son! Tell your mother I love her, and I’m sorry for clipping my nails in the kitchen sink!”

Oh dear. As fun as this is to watch, I should probably deal with the horse before the birthday boy has a total nervous breakdown.

There we go, one “moveobjects on” later and it’s as if it never happened. Would you believe that after all that, Omar didn’t have a midlife crisis? I suppose being scared for his life must have put his grey hairs in perspective, because the first thing he does on free will is to run and put his daughter back in her cot. Awww, I love it when my Sims care about each other.  :)

“Shhhh, it’s OK, darling. Daddy’s going to make sure you never have to deal with lollipops or ponies ever again.”

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 58 - Small Spaces and Unhappy Birthdays"
« Reply #424 on: February 27, 2013, 01:15:40 PM »
Goodbye Liberty. You and Barry will continue to be adorable in the sim version of the afterlife, I'm sure. :) I'm glad that Hope is still around, at least for now.

Such an action-packed episode. Valentine is an adorable child! But...that poor horse. :P

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 58 - Small Spaces and Unhappy Birthdays"
« Reply #425 on: February 27, 2013, 06:39:44 PM »
I loved the horse in the house, it was so funny :) NOOOO! I LOVED LIBERTY! I WILL MISS YOU MORE THEN ANYBODY! Well, except maybe you, Mandy, Hope, Stella, Omar, and well everybody else in the house. But still, R.I.P Liberty :(

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #426 on: February 27, 2013, 06:47:14 PM »
Stella and her desire to have the burglar as a pet reminds me SO much of my college roommate. LOL!

Goodbye, Libby. :( May you live on through Valentine and Nectar...
Check out my new story here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #427 on: February 28, 2013, 05:07:03 AM »
Rest in pease Libby. Mean old Grim! The horse in the house was funny lol. ;D

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #428 on: February 28, 2013, 09:00:15 AM »
Rest in peace, Liberty. It's sad you didn't get to meet your granddaughter-- but wait... this is the Sims. Maybe you will if your watcher keeps your urn around somewhere...  :P

What traits did Nectar roll, by the way? Nothing involved with parties and nectar I hope?

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
This story is the main reason I have just been lurking! I love it! Great job.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
What I'm wondering is Valentine and Kurtis made the horse follow them... :o Same goes with the bikini lady.  ;)

Great update!  ;D

Anna33

R.I.P Libby, and also I laughed at that horse, so funny.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Announcement: Once again, semester is on and I'm back at university. Hopefully it won't affect my posting too much, but if it does I want you all to know why I've slipped up.

Goodbye Liberty. You and Barry will continue to be adorable in the sim version of the afterlife, I'm sure. :) I'm glad that Hope is still around, at least for now.

Such an action-packed episode. Valentine is an adorable child! But...that poor horse. :P

Thanks Raia, that means a lot coming from a master of dramatic storytelling such as yourself  :). Don't worry, the horse was fine. I think I've seen it wandering around Lucky Palms since then.

I loved the horse in the house, it was so funny :) NOOOO! I LOVED LIBERTY! I WILL MISS YOU MORE THEN ANYBODY! Well, except maybe you, Mandy, Hope, Stella, Omar, and well everybody else in the house. But still, R.I.P Liberty :(

Thank you, Ella! It's so strange how we get so attached to Sims, isn't it? I just keep telling myself that I can pull up a backup and save them to the bin whenever I want.

Stella and her desire to have the burglar as a pet reminds me SO much of my college roommate. LOL!

Goodbye, Libby. :( May you live on through Valentine and Nectar...

...MissPlumbBob, I think I have to hear this roomate story  :o. Did s/he have fangs?

Rest in pease Libby. Mean old Grim! The horse in the house was funny lol. ;D

Thank you, Louise  :). The horse in the house gave me quite the shock, so of course I had to put it in the chapter!

Rest in peace, Liberty. It's sad you didn't get to meet your granddaughter-- but wait... this is the Sims. Maybe you will if your watcher keeps your urn around somewhere...  :P

What traits did Nectar roll, by the way? Nothing involved with parties and nectar I hope?

Nectar rolled Brave and Athletic, I think. I usually wait until toddlerhood to announce the traits because I like having a face to go with them.  :)  As for the urn, it's a lovely idea but I prefer to keep my households relatively ghost-free (Rudolpho was an exception because he never got the join the household the normal way).

This story is the main reason I have just been lurking! I love it! Great job.

Wow, thanks so much Bde! Although I have to say that there's plenty of other reasons to stay on this forum.  ;)

What I'm wondering is Valentine and Kurtis made the horse follow them... :o Same goes with the bikini lady.  ;)

Great update!  ;D

Thank you, Corey. I think the exact details of Curtis and Valentine's amazing horse rescue are best left as a mystery.  :)

R.I.P Libby, and also I laughed at that horse, so funny.

Thanks Anna, I'm glad you liked the chapter.  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 59 - It's Raining Men"
« Reply #433 on: March 18, 2013, 11:28:53 AM »
Hi guys! I'm so sorry for the long wait between updates! I can't promise that I'm going to be better from now on because I still have loads of study and casual work, but I hope this double update will make up for that a little.  :)

Chapter 59 – It’s Raining Men

Welcome back, everyone! After a month of silence, I’m returning to the story exactly where I last left off, i.e. the night when Omar was horribly traumatised by a horse. Valentine seems pretty unfazed by the event, but then again he’s always been slightly odd.

For example, Valentine’s favourite food is Dim Sum. Not the Vegetarian version; just Dim Sum. He really does seem to enjoy it.

“Yay, I can’t wait to throw this up all over the bathroom!”

It might be his upbringing – Great-Auntie Hope is still primary caregiver to the children in this house. It’s mostly by default because the other adults are busy, but it helps that she also has the Nurturing trait.

She’s also the only person to remember Nectar’s toddler birthday. Whoops.

Wow, that Twinbrook jaw really sticks around! It’s a shame that neither of the kids got Tammie’s eye shape or Omar’s jaw, but I’m thrilled that Barry’s eye colour came through in someone in the end. Nectar is a Brave, Athletic little girl who likes soul music, fruit cobbler, and the colour violet.

“So this is my kid, huh? That's new.”

If Mandy looks uncomfortable with children, that’s because she is. Even on maternity leave, she’s been too goal-orientated to interact with her kids much before now. She barely knows Valentine at all.

She seems to want to mend her ways, however; she is constantly popping wishes to teach her daughter the toddler skills, even going so far as to pop the same wishes again if I happen to cancel them. Maybe it's because they both have the Athletic trait? Whatever it is, I'm glad Nectar's getting her life lessons from one of the more normal Sims in the house.

Meanwhile, Stella grows up into an Adult with a cake and everything. Despite her amazingly enthusiastic face, she gets, you guessed it, a midlife crisis.

Her first midlife crisis wish is to work out until fatigued (in her actual Athletic outfit, strangely enough). Like Hope, Stella looks a bit strange to me without her usual pudginess. I hope it doesn’t take too long for her to return to her normal build.

Because I’m starting to feel guilty about all these lacklustre birthdays, Valentine gets a proper party attended by all his friends. It’s hosted by Hope, because she’s a hundred days old and I’m doing all I can to make her happy at the moment. No, that age is not an exaggeration. She could almost give her dad a run for his money at this rate.

Valentine gains the Dramatic trait, which seems appropriate enough to me, and also gets this awesome hairdo I recently picked up on sale at the store. I love how his head no longer fits in any of his little thumbnail pictures.

The party gives me a chance to check out the other teenagers in town, like the adorably batty Gerard Lancaster here. I just want to give this kid a hug. He spends most of the party (and his life, it seems) alone in the corner looking scared and confused by things.

I was hoping all Valentine’s peers would be teenagers by now, but somehow he’s wound up older than half the kids who were born before him. It's weird that he's suddenly twice the size of Sims in his student cohort.

“Valentine, Valentine, let’s have a pillow fight!”
“Sure thing, Lois!” *WHOMP*
“OW!”
“Whoops, sorry! I guess I don’t know my own strength yet. Now hold still while I pull this pillow back out of your abdomen.”

Poor Lois, as if that bald patch she has isn’t enough.

She seems pretty happy by the next time she sees Valentine, though.

“…And that’s the story of how I hid six greyhounds under my bed once.”
“Oh Valentine, that’s so mmmrrrmph!
“That’s so what? Lois?”

“Mmrrgh! HAIR!
“Oh, right. Sorry.”

Lois seems like a nice girl, but to be honest I just don’t find her very interesting. I’d much rather have Valentine marry someone else. I could look around for other girls, but there’s just one little problem…

“So Curtis, I don’t want to brag–”
“But?”
“But you’ll never guess which cute little redhead has a compatible star sign with me!”
“What, Crazy Gerry?”
“...No, his niece. Lois.”

“Wait, you mean Lois Lancaster? As in, the only teenage girl in Lucky Palms, Lois Lancaster?”
“Yeah, that’s her.”
“Dude, she’s got maxed-out chest sliders and about four other guys she can choose from! What makes you think that she’ll want to go out with YOU?”
“Because she’s nice, and she’s pretty, and she left eyeshadow in my hair…”
“Come on Val, I bet she gets entangled in the scalps of loads of guys.”
“Maybe so, but I’m the only one of those guys who’s in the active household. If I want to be the heir, Lois and I will have to end up together.”

What these two have just demonstrated is one hundred per cent correct – apart from Lois and some older premades, there are NO additional spouse options for Valentine. Five pregnant townies, and only one of them had a girl.

Let’s all take a moment to look at Curtis. Isn’t he strangely attractive when he’s frustrated? Wouldn’t he be the perfect spouse if my Lucky Palms heir was female? I mean, I guess I could save him for Nectar, but they wouldn’t be adorable high-school sweethearts and he’d probably die before she could marry him anyway. This is exactly the sort of dilemma I was hoping to avoid in Lucky Palms. *sigh*

It’s not just the younger generation that has a surplus of masculine Sims - there’s even an all-male protest at City Hall. And what, do you ask, is the tyrannical institution opposed by men everywhere?

Marriage. How typical.

Okay, I’m sorry about that one. It was an easy joke, and I’m nothing if not opportunistic. And speaking of being opportunistic…

“Why, I have never seen so many fine young men in one place in all of my life! Tell me, which one will be least likely to flee from serious romantic commitment?”
“Uh, I think you may be at the wrong protest.”
“Nonsense! I am very opposed to the silly, fussy jewellery depicted on your signs!”

Poor Stella. Once again, she is romantically disappointed.

(By the way, what’s up with the Tanners protesting together back there?)

“Hey, Dad?”
“Yes, Glenn?”
“…Are things okay with you and Mum?”
“What? Don’t be ridiculous, of course they are! Why would you even ask something like that?”
“Uh, no reason.”

Gerard: “Why are all these people here? Isn’t this the library? I’m so confused!”

Have I mentioned how much I love having townie offspring around? Anyway, back to Stella:

“...And then they all surrounded me and sarcastically threw rice and hummed wedding tunes!”
“Oh, Stella.”
“And all I want is a dutiful lover who’ll do everything I dream of! Is that too much to ask?”
“Well, actually, yeah.”
What?!

“Stella, I know you’re lonely, but you can’t just force someone into loving you. That’s the reason why men don’t want to date you – you need to understand that male Sims are actually people. They’re unique and valuable individuals with traits and wishes of their own, not just big hunky ornaments that hang around to fulfil your every wish.”

“Fulfil my every wish? Why, that’s it! Thank you, sister, for showing me the way!”
“Uh, Stella, I’m not sure that’s–”
“No no no, you must not fret about me anymore. The next time we meet, I will finally be in looooove!”

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 59 - It's Raining Men"
« Reply #434 on: March 18, 2013, 11:29:44 AM »

“Here you are, and here am I. Oh wishing well, how did it take so long for us to arrive at this point in life together? Why is it only now that I am desperate enough to resort to magic tricks? Is it my advancing middle age, or just the end result of the pent-up frustrations of the eternally alone? But enough of that - Oh benevolent fountain, hear my plea! It is with my every scrap of longing that I ask you to grant me a man of my own unable to resist my charms!”

“…”

“Oh, and I am sorry for writing scientific papers to discredit you all those times.”

*splash*
RIBBIT!
“Oh! I understand! Thank you, wishing well, for reminding me that Frog’s Legs are Omar’s favourite food!”

“Do not despair, my little entrée. I promise that you will barely feel a thing.”
Ribbit?
“Fine, you may feel something. It will be quite the trip to get to Omar’s heart via his stomach, after all. Oh hush, you will not be ribbiting when you’re lightly battered in flour with a lemon juice and garlic sauce and… and…”

“Dear heavens, what on Earth am I saying? I am an Animal Lover, not EVIL! Has… has my obsession with finding a mate cost me my one, slim shred of empathy? NOOOOO! I would rather die old and alone than in the arms of a lover if the way is paved with the tiny bones of innocent, slaughtered creatures! Forgive me, my darling amphibian, I am sorry! I am– ”

“What just happened? Who are you?!”

“I am Jan Bean, and what you witnessed was the breaking of my curse. For hundreds of years, I was bound to the form of a frog to punish me for my sins.”
“Sins?”
“Well, ‘sin’ to a frog. I’ll give you a hint: You got pretty close to committing one just now.”
Oh.
“Yes. Anyway, your compassion has finally freed me from my prison of a body. I know not who you are, strange woman of the desert, but you have my eternal gratitude.”

“I would be happy to receive it. I am Stella Jones, and you, my friend, are one attractive frog.”

And so, Stella found happiness not just from being in a relationship, but from the knowledge that she could indeed feel selfless love for another living being (specifically, a Bean being). Having initially known Jan Bean as a frog, she was able to see him first for his mind instead of his abilities or physical attributes. And they all lived happily ever… Actually, no, he just moved in with the rest of the Jones household. This ought to be interesting.

Jan Bean (who I’m just calling “Bean” from now on, because it’s cute) gets new look fit for a former frog to make his generic features more exciting.  His traits are Brave, Party Animal, Neat, Ambitious, and Lucky, and he aspires to become a Master Mixologist. You're not going to believe it, but his favourite food? Is Frog’s Legs. Now that’s just not right.

One of the cacti is sold to make room for a special professional mixology bar. Judging by the look on Bean’s face, he’s already reconsidering his Lifetime Wish.

“Excuse me, sir! It may be my daughter’s birthday, but I don’t recall hiring a bartending clown.”
“Ah, you must be Amanda. I am Bean, companion of Stella.”
“Companion of Stella? Wow, just how long have you been drinking?”
“I do not think you understand. I was rescued by the beautiful Stella from an eternity of torment in a water feature.”
“…Right, whatever. Anyway, now that you’re here you might as well join us for a slice of cake.”

And so he does. Clown or not, you have to admit Bean adds to the festive atmosphere.

Nectar becomes an exotic-looking girl, as well as a total Slob. Yeah, don’t let the delicate features fool you; she’s actually quite the tomboy. One of the first things she wishes for is a block table.

Mandy continues to lavish constant attention on her daughter. They have one of the highest-level relationships in the house and all of it is because of Mandy’s persistence.

“Hi there, sweetheart! Come and give Mummy a hug!”
“Again?”
“Yes, again. How's your day going, pumpkin?”
“Exactly the same as it was going ten minutes ago, Mum.”
“Okay, just checking, dear. I'll be back again in five.”

Hey, you know who hasn’t gotten much attention this chapter? Omar. That’s because he’s been busy, but not for very much longer. All alone at Diamondback’s, Omar strums one last chord and breaks into a smile. That’s the sound of a Level 10 Guitar player, and a Master of the Arts! Congratulations buddy, now you can paint all day and monitor your son for suspicious animal-related behaviour!

“Valentine, what have you got behind that curtain?”
“Nothing!”
“Are you sure there’s not a cat there?”
“Yeah yeah, of course!”

This is a rather humorously-posed picture, and I get that those can arise through coincidence. What seems a bit more suspicious, however, is THIS happening moments later:

Yes, that's a stray cat that I swear I didn't see earlier passing away from old age. The really strange thing is that the thumbnail for the Mourn interaction shows its ghost to be blue, which means it had a suspiciously good life for a stray cat living on the streets.

Hmmm. Whatever else happens, I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye on these two.

Note on the number of images: These two posts contain less than 50 pictures between them, but because of the way the story came out I wound up having slightly more images in the first post and may have gone over the limit a little. I hope it's OK to leave it as it is, but otherwise I'll shuffle things around to work it out.

anything