Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908271 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1755 on: April 07, 2013, 05:42:54 PM »
Are you sure? I put my toddler in, and queued up lots of abacus play interactions, and she maxed logic. I also did the peg box, xylophone and some books to be sure beforehand.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1756 on: April 07, 2013, 05:45:52 PM »
Every time I put a toddler in the bar goes away after two points.   It never shows up again no matter how many days I try  it.  Plus you mentioned this with a vampire child.  Have you tried with a non vampire child and gotten the same results?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1757 on: April 07, 2013, 05:49:31 PM »
Nope. Just the one child so far. She didn't have a bar to start with, so maybe the programming didn't account for the fact that she was probably already at least level 4, adding together three levels from books, and 2 levels from the peg box. She finished the peg box afterwards, and the bar was still there though.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1758 on: April 07, 2013, 06:06:02 PM »
You know the requirement is for two separate skills though right?  You can't use logic books and peg box for the requirement. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1759 on: April 07, 2013, 06:23:01 PM »
I carefully read that rule :) I also did the xylophone. Thank you for checking though.

I'll run some tests on the playpen later today with a human and a vampire, doing different skill objects at different times to see what happens.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1760 on: April 07, 2013, 06:23:59 PM »
I actually have Artie and Hebe with 6 spawn in a town right now double checking it. 

Edit: Alright apparently since the time I got the playpen and now they've changed it to allow for 3 levels with logic with the abacus.   However, it did not max the skill for my kids.  I'm thinking you have an issue going on with your file perhaps. 

Just remember the toddler stage for this dynasty is a lot like the toddler stage for baby boomers.  If you really don't want to deal with it, toddler stage should only take 24 hours to complete.  Still need stuff to do for the other two stages before you can work on the big requirements.

Offline Myzteree

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1761 on: April 07, 2013, 09:22:29 PM »
I am having a problem maybe someone can help me with. Unfortunately one of my Heirs spouses got caught in meteor shower and he died before they could have a baby. I waited for the Oh My ghost! challenge because I don't have a cook yet that can make ambrosia. I finally got the opportunity and took poor old Beau to the Science lab. I got the cue that it didn't go exactly right but he's back. So excited because I got a ghost life form that was actually kinda cool. Well I can't play Beau. I can't select him I can't do anything with him. Not only that but when I was trying to find a work around about it I can't do anything because it says someone is "dying" on my lot. He's taking up a family slot but I have no control over him what so ever. I've tried resetting him I've tried resetting everyone I can't get it to work at all. It's making me so frustrated. I wish they would fix this buggy game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1762 on: April 07, 2013, 09:24:07 PM »
I am having a problem maybe someone can help me with. Unfortunately one of my Heirs spouses got caught in meteor shower and he died before they could have a baby. I waited for the Oh My ghost! challenge because I don't have a cook yet that can make ambrosia. I finally got the opportunity and took poor old Beau to the Science lab. I got the cue that it didn't go exactly right but he's back. So excited because I got a ghost life form that was actually kinda cool. Well I can't play Beau. I can't select him I can't do anything with him. Not only that but when I was trying to find a work around about it I can't do anything because it says someone is "dying" on my lot. He's taking up a family slot but I have no control over him what so ever. I've tried resetting him I've tried resetting everyone I can't get it to work at all. It's making me so frustrated. I wish they would fix this buggy game.

Do you have a save that was prior to getting him back into the household?   Do you have Supernatural EP?

If you have a save prior to the bugginess, go ahead and go back to that.    If you have the Supernatural EP, the philosopher's stone can bind a ghost to the house without the opportunity and much more reliable.

Offline Myzteree

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1763 on: April 07, 2013, 09:43:15 PM »
Yes to both. Thank you very much I'll try that.

Offline Myzteree

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1764 on: April 07, 2013, 11:43:26 PM »
Nope, neither way works. I think his tombstone is buggy. When I went to place it it just disappeared. I guess I'll just go back to my save and leave him alone and find another man for my heir to mate with.  I can bind any other ghost I want and they become playable but my meteor death husband just bugs out. Must have been tres traumatic or something and broke my game.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1765 on: April 07, 2013, 11:56:22 PM »
Can you go back to before he died?  Once you've chosen a mate, he's the only one.

Offline Myzteree

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1766 on: April 08, 2013, 12:19:24 AM »
no I can't go back before he died. I saved when I got her last skill achievement which was about 6 hours after he died. I thought it wasn't a biggie since I was planning on ressing  him. Oh well I guess I'll start over... again. I always hit bugs with my legacies. Sims 2 never had one, Sims 3 can't make it even half way without something going totally crazy.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1767 on: April 08, 2013, 12:20:43 AM »
no I can't go back before he died. I saved when I got her last skill achievement which was about 6 hours after he died. I thought it wasn't a biggie since I was planning on ressing  him. Oh well I guess I'll start over... again. I always hit bugs with my legacies. Sims 2 never had one, Sims 3 can't make it even half way without something going totally crazy.

If he died 6 hours before the save you're talking about - is that when his tombstone bugged out?  is it invisible in that save?

Offline Myzteree

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1768 on: April 08, 2013, 12:25:37 AM »
no it's there in that save.  She has it in her inventory. If she tries to put it on the ground though it just disappears.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1769 on: April 08, 2013, 12:26:25 AM »
no it's there in that save.  She has it in her inventory. If she tries to put it on the ground though it just disappears.

Have you tried putting it on a display or table?