Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908465 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1830 on: April 18, 2013, 05:48:19 PM »
No.  Doing the previous save is technically breaking the rules.  I said to try the inviting over though.

Oh, okay sorry. I got confused. I will try inviting over first.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1831 on: April 18, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »
Is it possible to ask to be just friends and then try? Maybe the game doesn't recognise romantic interest/partner as high enough relationship to free the the genie. Like the wish for x amount of friends (although it still completes even though the numbers are wrong).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1832 on: April 18, 2013, 07:10:33 PM »
Hmm, I can try that too. Only I don't think that's the issue, because if the relationship were too low the option would be greyed out. It lets me select the wish, it just doesn't complete.

By samoht04

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #1833 on: April 18, 2013, 07:26:48 PM »
Dumb question -- I'm assuming you've tried resetting the heir + genie when he's out, or just the heir when the genie is back in the lamp??

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1834 on: April 18, 2013, 07:37:39 PM »
Dumb question -- I'm assuming you've tried resetting the heir + genie when he's out, or just the heir when the genie is back in the lamp??

Not a dumb question. I didn't think of resetting them. I'll try that before inviting over.

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1835 on: April 18, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »
Well, I'm glad Niana asked before I did.

The genie freeing is fun, I did that too.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1836 on: April 18, 2013, 07:42:56 PM »
I love genies. One of my favourite parts of doing this dynasty is playing with all the supernatural powers. This is going to be such a fun household at the end. All the powers going on.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1837 on: April 19, 2013, 07:21:15 AM »
Sorry for the double post. I tried resetting both the heir and the genie, tried wishing to free the genie again, formed a band and invited band members, invited her to a party, asked to be Just Friends, and raised the relationship back up to Best Friend and the conversation tone to Friendly. I got as many 'Ask' interactions out of the way as I could to make space for 'Ask to Move In', but it never showed up. With permission, I'm going to try going back to a previous save since none of this stuff is working.

EDIT: I went back to the previous save and that didn't work either. Maybe because he's had the same lamp for so long. He got it way back as a teenager to try to use the Love wish for his RI requirement. Oh well. Guess I'll have to get a new genie  :'(

By samoht04

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1838 on: April 19, 2013, 02:22:05 PM »
Was your heir the one that bought the genie lamp and first used it?

Can an heir bring the genie in as a spouse if they are not the one to buy the reward but are the one to use the wishes including free the genie?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1839 on: April 19, 2013, 02:23:02 PM »
Can an heir bring the genie in as a spouse if they are not the one to buy the reward but are the one to use the wishes including free the genie?

There is a bug that if you're not the one to buy it that you'll never be able to free the genie which is why I brought it up.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1840 on: April 19, 2013, 02:27:41 PM »
There is a bug that if you're not the one to buy it that you'll never be able to free the genie which is why I brought it up.

Thanks I didn't know about that bug. Time to go find a new unique LTR for my founder so I can have a genie spouse later.

Edit

IS there a bug for getting plastic surgery when the sim has the werewolf curse? I sent the spouse to get a cheap face job and he bugged out there and I had to reset sim him

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1841 on: April 19, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »
Not that I'm aware of but then again I never do the cheap plastic surgery because it is more likely to fail.   How did he bug out?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1842 on: April 19, 2013, 03:43:46 PM »
Not that I'm aware of but then again I never do the cheap plastic surgery because it is more likely to fail.   How did he bug out?

it went through the whole time and nothing happened no cas like screen opened no failure notice nothing and when I went to ex out the surgery he never left either the only way to get him back was to use reset sim

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1843 on: April 19, 2013, 04:23:23 PM »
I think the heir was just bugged, since he couldn't free the new genie from the new lamp he bought either. Since I'm already not HOF, I just handled it differently and moved on.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1844 on: April 21, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »
My Private Investigator has had special celebrations at City Hall for the awards for both taking 5 cases after reaching the top of the profession and the Key to the City. He showed up on time both times but could not receive the award. He did the frustrated routing dance, the mayor walked out and then went back into the building, and he didn't receive the awards. Is this because Moonlight Falls has a combined City Hall rabbithole, do you think? Has anyone else had this problem? I really wanted those awards :(

By samoht04