Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326809 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #510 on: November 07, 2013, 11:02:18 AM »
Whoot, thanks Nutella!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #511 on: November 07, 2013, 11:31:11 AM »
I just completed by 4x4 on week 107 day 5. It's funny how the things I was most concerned about at the beginning, tombstones and collections, weren't a problem at all. The most difficult things were getting those opportunities to pop and getting to level 10 in careers. Without the motive mobile and the workaholic trait (rabbit hole jobs) , there were times when it wouldn't have happened.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #512 on: November 07, 2013, 11:45:59 AM »
I just completed by 4x4 on week 107 day 5. It's funny how the things I was most concerned about at the beginning, tombstones and collections, weren't a problem at all. The most difficult things were getting those opportunities to pop and getting to level 10 in careers. Without the motive mobile and the workaholic trait (rabbit hole jobs) , there were times when it wouldn't have happened.

Congrats KRae!

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #513 on: November 07, 2013, 11:46:35 AM »
Woah, that's amazing KRae! My generation 2 hasn't even completed his requirements!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #514 on: November 07, 2013, 12:16:20 PM »
I thought generation 16 was going to kill me! He was a writer for the skill challenges and in the business career. I think he slept maybe 3 times as a YA and A and then using sleep potions. And I thought the inventing career was hard. My expansions don't have any travel or university options, so I had to be a slave driver.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #515 on: November 07, 2013, 12:20:26 PM »
When reading through the earlier parts of this thread, I saw someone mention deleting empty lots before starting in a town. I've tried to look this up and haven't found anything about it. Is there an advantage in doing this?

No advantage for completing the dynasty.  They are many restrictions on edit town, please refer to the edit town page found here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,17623.0.html

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #516 on: November 07, 2013, 12:28:24 PM »

Grats KRae!  Please send the team the following so we can include you in the Dynasty Hall of Fame.

4x4 Dynasty Challenge

Which 4 Worlds Used --
Finished  -- ingame time?
Total value of Family 4x4 Collections --

What did you like most about the 4x4 Dynasty?
What was most difficult for you?

Also send us a screenshot of your final heir with his family collection.  You didn't write a story for this dynasty correct?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #517 on: November 07, 2013, 01:11:49 PM »
I hope screenshots aren't necessary. I don't do those. I can tell you that the world 4 collections were celebrity gifts (2 laptops and 2 fresher refrigerators) totaling 11,600, 4 paintings totaling 26,865, 4 potions worth absolutely nothing, and 4 books (Poulsbo's Bunnies, Moss Behind My Ears, Webs Between My Toes, and Mildew!) totaling a paltry 274 (no time for masterpieces). The grand total 40,749. I'll PM the rest to you. And no, no story.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #518 on: November 07, 2013, 01:12:25 PM »
Congrats, KRae!

You give me hope that maybe I can finish mine too (Generation 4 has been conceived).

Will you be posting at least summaries of your heirs (names, spouses, careers, ops, friends, challenges)? I'm very curious.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #519 on: November 07, 2013, 01:54:16 PM »
Congratulations!  I've been following your updates in this thread and have been amazed at how fast you've been playing.  Have you done anything other than play Sims over the last few weeks? :) 

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #520 on: November 07, 2013, 01:59:41 PM »
Actually, I just got back on Sunday from a week in Cabo San Lucas with no computer. I'm 62, self-employed, semi-retired, with a husband who loves to play EVE online. All that helps, plus a mild case of OCD. I'll post my stats here later. I actually do have to go into work now.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #521 on: November 07, 2013, 04:07:42 PM »
Congratulations, KRae! I'll look forward to reading your Hall of Fame entry.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #522 on: November 07, 2013, 07:12:13 PM »
I've just started my own 4x4 dynasty and I'm almost at the point where I need to shop around for a wife for my first heir.
I wonder does the heir need to be the one to bring the spouse in or can I have anyone I wish do it?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #523 on: November 07, 2013, 07:22:38 PM »
Nutella- I just pmed you a picture of heir 16 with the world 4 family collection. Let me know if it worked.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #524 on: November 07, 2013, 08:14:56 PM »
I wonder does the heir need to be the one to bring the spouse in or can I have anyone I wish do it?

Heir needs to invite the potential spouse.

Now my own question: I know the rules say that you can't take things from the old world into the new one. Does this mean, however, that if you have vacation/future home, do you have to jettison that and the contents too? Or can stuff at vacation/future homes stay there?

Full disclosure :) - I do have a future home, and I was thinking of doing a trip there before the final move, and just leaving some stuff from present time in the future home. That way, if I decide to take another trip to the future in another neighborhood, there will be some skilling objects/books already there to use. Is that permissible, or no?

anything