Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 325949 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #330 on: October 04, 2013, 03:30:14 PM »
IF you are referring to your elder best friend, then yes you can make him young.   I don't believe potion will work for someone outside your household, elixirs will though.

I was actually talking about my heir.  :)

I'm a one trick pony, everytime anyone have any problems, I always suggest clearing their cache and restart the game.  Have you tried that?
Do you know how long the frozen age bar has been going on?

It's been frozen for 2 days I think. I'll try restarting the game and clearing caches.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #331 on: October 04, 2013, 03:37:06 PM »
I was actually talking about my heir.  :)

If you finish all 4 of your requirements, then yes you can extend your heir life. 
If one of your 2 best friends dies, that leaves you with 1 best friend, you will not be able to add the next heir.  Rules says you need to have 2 best friends to try for baby and maintain it till next heir is born.  You will need to find a new best friend.

Does that make sense?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #332 on: October 04, 2013, 03:50:57 PM »
If you finish all 4 of your requirements, then yes you can extend your heir life. 
If one of your 2 best friends dies, that leaves you with 1 best friend, you will not be able to add the next heir.  Rules says you need to have 2 best friends to try for baby and maintain it till next heir is born.  You will need to find a new best friend.

Does that make sense?

Okay, I'll ensure he has a back-up best friend just in case the elderly one dies.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #333 on: October 04, 2013, 03:53:38 PM »
Snufflesxx-

Did you fix the frozen age bar?

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #334 on: October 04, 2013, 03:57:14 PM »
I don't know yet. I didn't actually have any caches to clear but I'm just about to launch up the game again and I'll see if that's fixed it. If not, is there anything else I can try?

EDIT: Hurray! They're ageing again! I think the game was just worn out  ::)
** My Stories **

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2013, 04:19:51 PM »
Hurray!  Whew, glad you got it fixed.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #336 on: October 05, 2013, 05:41:37 PM »
Yes! Another dynasty that might actually treat my laptop better in the long run.  ;D

I do have some questions though.

1. I think I might just be missing something (I've never played on medium lifespan so that might be it). Do our founders have to complete the Heir requirements before the heir is born? The rules say they have to try for a baby by Week 1 Day 4 and that just doesn't seem like it would be long enough to complete the requirements.

2. As far as founders go, are both of them "founders" and thus under the same restrictions as Heirs? or is one of them the "founder" and the other a "spouse"?

3. And just for clarification, I can have an heir throw a Potent Cure Elixir at a potential spouse that's a vampire before they join my household correct?
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #337 on: October 05, 2013, 05:47:38 PM »
1. Founders have no requirements to complete.

2. Your original founding pair should be treated like heirs in that any ops, careers, or skill challenges that they complete an any best friends that they have can't count towards an heirs requirements. But your founders don't have requirements and aren't tied to any restrictions on life extension either.

3. Yes you can.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #338 on: October 05, 2013, 05:50:16 PM »
@FireRaye93

1. Founders don't have to complete the requirements in order to bring in the heir.

2. Both are founders and therefore can both contribute to the Family/Moving Requirements.

3. Curing potential spouses before you move them in is fine.

EDIT: Trip beat me! :P
** My Stories **

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #339 on: October 05, 2013, 05:53:22 PM »
Thanks Trip and Snuffesxx!
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: October 06, 2013, 04:48:57 AM »
I just got a message that one of my heir's unique best friends doesn't have long to live. Is okay to move him in, give him a young again potion, and then kick him out?

EDIT: Doesn't matter, I just realised that I'd switched him for one of his younger best friends.  :)
** My Stories **

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #341 on: October 06, 2013, 12:03:54 PM »
I assume it's OK to count a skill challenge (Shutternut) that registered at the time but cancelled itself about a week after the next generation was born.  Fingers crossed...

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #342 on: October 06, 2013, 12:18:08 PM »
I assume it's OK to count a skill challenge (Shutternut) that registered at the time but cancelled itself about a week after the next generation was born.  Fingers crossed...

Yes, just keep track of it.  I find that travelling also resets the photography skill challenges too, which is really annoying.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #343 on: October 06, 2013, 12:46:10 PM »
Thanks.  I was feeling all happy because it was the first time it's ever registered in one of my games but now it says he's only completed 4 collections when he's done 6.  There hasn't been any travelling in the meantime, just starting up the game a couple of times.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #344 on: October 06, 2013, 11:29:08 PM »
The Washington family has completed all tasks, individual and group, for world 2, Twinbrook. All buildings and properties were purchased and upgraded. Large tombstones were provided by Duvall, Lily, Everett, and Fife Washington (plus all heirs, spouses and spares also had large tombstones, even those whose lives were not extended). Unique career rewards were the Fire Fighter of the Year Trophy, the Sculptor Epic Hero Trophy, the Police Cruiser, and the Spooky Trophy. The 4x4 collection consisted of sculptures, plants, spirits, and wedding gifts totaling 82,535 thanks mostly to gen 5's appreciated stone sculptures. After purchasing an unfurnished house in Riverview, they traded in 6.2 million for 4k and are settling in nicely.

anything