Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326253 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #390 on: October 14, 2013, 08:06:16 PM »
KRae-

Tattoos work, or the makeover station.  Ambrosia obviously work too but I understand you have probably used cooking skill challenges for one of your previous heir.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #391 on: October 15, 2013, 01:40:55 PM »
I want to report that my aging bug has infected only my family. The rest of the town seems to be aging normally. Their child friends from school are becoming teens, and elders are dying.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #392 on: October 15, 2013, 08:06:14 PM »
So, um.

I've been sick for the last week (hurray bronchitis), so I haven't touched my file at all. However, I need direction.

Previously, I had asked about whether or not we could purchase private lots and convert them to resorts, and was told yes, but it had to be a 5 star resort before moving. That's fine, that's understandable, I'd be okay with it....but it's apparently not doable.

It's Bridgeport I'm currently in, so I understand that sims will sometimes just get stuck. I've done a reset to all sims, and to specific sims. However, I can't get any staff to appear at the resort. I can't get any desk clerk to appear. My resort is currently stuck at 1 star, because 0/80 rooms are occupied, and I can't reopen it until I get profits, but I can't get profits because I can't get occupancy, because my desk clerk won't appear. I've tried running the desk myself, and it remains at a 0 occupancy. I've torn the place down, and rebuilt it, thinking there was a routing issue somewhere. I get the empty Bridgeport cabs arriving, no issues. My family can use the resort amenities, no problem. I just cannot, for the life of me, get any occupancy.

I've also done the standard save under a different name, clear the caches, ensure patches for both the game and the computer itself are up to date.

At this point, I'm frustrated to all heck, and would like to just go into edit town and raze the dang place. But, that's obviously not an option. I'd love suggestions on how to get the resort functioning, and if all else fails, I'd like permission to raze via build mode, and sell it, and chalk it up to...I don't know what. I can't imagine what's causing this. At all.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #393 on: October 15, 2013, 09:18:39 PM »
Shirin-

Can you sell your resort using your phone?

You are going to have to use your Sim's personal funds to reopen.  Check your room prices, are they too expensive?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #394 on: October 15, 2013, 09:30:02 PM »
I should be able to sell the resort via phone, and the personal funds front isn't an issue at all.

I had initially set the prices to the most expensive, and at the stuck phase right now, it's at the cheapest available. I'm happy to report that while my Sims can use the amenities of the resort, the paparazzi are able to chase them all the way to the door of the resort tower.

I'll try to sell it, and give it a day or so, then repurchase and see what happens.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #395 on: October 15, 2013, 09:45:04 PM »
If its a bugged resort, selling it to the town and re-buy them back later might fix the problem.  Try that and let us know if that fix your problem.

As for your occupancy problem, did you build a fancy resort?  Might want to scale back and start low / moderate.

Also I read that they could be routing problems that's why your workers are not showing up.  The insect spawners are the problem, and the spawners are underground.  Removing the spawners is only a temporary fix, they will keep coming back.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #396 on: October 16, 2013, 02:36:30 AM »
Only partial update here. I sold the resort with no problem. However, there is still no desk attendant, and doing a "check in" is simply not ever possible.

My fancy resort consists of two upgraded Beach towers, a small check in area, and a huge basement with everything else there. The two towers can sit next to each other with about 4 squares between them.

I'll give it another sim week or so, and then purchase the resort back and see if it works. Mostly, I'm just waiting for the dog to kick the bucket, and man, she just won't die (at medium lifespan, with no pet life extension LTW or gourmet food, she's sitting at 40 days now).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #397 on: October 16, 2013, 08:53:34 AM »
Someone suggested that you should try checking in anyways, sometime it will bring the desk attendant back.

Resorts have lots of bug, you are going to have to think twice before building your next resort.   :P  If all else fails, let's see if Metro is ok with you razing the whole thing.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #398 on: October 16, 2013, 03:11:34 PM »
I asked this in the workbench thread but I don't think anyone gave a definite answer.  Are the scavenger hunts allowed as unique opportunities?  Although they first appear for kids, they're special opprtunities, not school ones.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #399 on: October 16, 2013, 03:15:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure they're allowed. They're not a school or after school opportunity and continue as available to fulfill past school years if not completed. They fill a proper slot.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #400 on: October 16, 2013, 03:35:34 PM »
I'm afraid to say that moving the family in and out didn't fix my ageing bug either. I could just count the days they age but what do I do about deaths?  :-\
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #401 on: October 16, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »
I thought that might be a problem for you. I already had 4 large tombstones. I hope someone comes up with something to help because I've been reading your 4x4 and it's one of my favorites.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #402 on: October 16, 2013, 03:46:57 PM »
I asked this in the workbench thread but I don't think anyone gave a definite answer.  Are the scavenger hunts allowed as unique opportunities?  Although they first appear for kids, they're special opprtunities, not school ones.

Yes they do count.  They occupy the last opportunity slot (special), and they are neither school or after school related.

I'm afraid to say that moving the family in and out didn't fix my ageing bug either. I could just count the days they age but what do I do about deaths?  :-\

Let the team have a chat about this and we will get back to you with an answer.  I am out of ideas on how to fix the aging bug. 

Which heir are you having this problem on?  What world are you on?

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #403 on: October 16, 2013, 03:49:41 PM »
Yes they do count.  They occupy the last opportunity slot (special), and they are neither school or after school related.

Thanks.  I had a feeling they were probably OK but wanted to make sure.

Ooh, that's horrible.  I really hope you find an answer.  I've had that bug in a couple of recent games (without Young Again potion) and haven't found anything other than mods that fixes it more than temporarily.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #404 on: October 16, 2013, 03:51:16 PM »
Which heir are you having this problem on?  What world are you on?

I'm only in World 1 and Generation 2 is still a child.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

anything