Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 153211 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #375 on: October 13, 2013, 04:08:32 PM »
I didn't try it in the life states.  I just waited for everyone to get Oh My Ghost (which could take a very long time  :( )

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #376 on: October 13, 2013, 04:18:15 PM »
Would an heir making a genie wish to revive a ghost (potential spouse) count as the heir adding them to the household?

Yes, it counts as the heir adding them to the household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #378 on: October 14, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »
I've developed an aging bug in my game. I've never used young again potions before except right before moving towns. I used them on heir 11 and his wife after he completed his requirement, and they've stopped aging. If I save as and quit, aging resumes for one day and then freezes again. I thought it was no big deal because I already have large tombstones from the founders and heirs 9 and 10, but the bug has infected heir 12. I've charted when all his birthdays should be by week and day. As long I quit sometime in each life stage, he should gain a day and I can use the birthday cake to age him up on schedule. I've tried it to age him to toddler and child and it has worked. I plan to do this every time he should be having a birthday. I hope this is okay. I know I can age him ahead and stay within the rules, but I'd rather do it on schedule. Moving worlds should fix the problem. The only hang-up I can see is if he doesn't complete his requirements before elder stage (heirs 1 through 11 have completed before then). I guess if he were to reach what should be day 52, I'll asked what to do. I hoping for your advise on this, experts.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #379 on: October 14, 2013, 01:57:58 PM »
Have you tried clearing cache?  If that didn't work, you have permission to use edit town to evict your family to the clipboard, then move them back in to the same house again from the clipboard.  That should fix the aging problem.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #380 on: October 14, 2013, 02:02:06 PM »
Yes, clearing caches was the same as restarting - good for one day. Thanks for the permission. Will this change the weeks and days? Could I just move them to a different house and right back? I guess that might not reset them enough.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #381 on: October 14, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »
Yes, clearing caches was the same as restarting - good for one day. Thanks for the permission. Will this change the weeks and days? Could I just move them to a different house and right back? I guess that might not reset them enough.

No, it doesn't change the weeks or days.  No don't move them to a different house, might not solve your problem.  Evict family to clipboard, them put them back in the same house.  Let's hope that fixes your aging problems.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #382 on: October 14, 2013, 02:36:54 PM »
Thanks, I'll try it after I get back from my walk and they get back from school and work.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #383 on: October 14, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »
I actually think I have the same issue as KRae and it might also have been down to Young Again potions. Can I do the same?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #384 on: October 14, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »
I actually think I have the same issue as KRae and it might also have been down to Young Again potions. Can I do the same?

Yes you may.   :)    So the young again potion is the culprit?

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #385 on: October 14, 2013, 03:26:43 PM »
Yes you may.   :)    So the young again potion is the culprit?

I believe so. I don't remember getting these issues before the family all took Young Again potions.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #386 on: October 14, 2013, 04:48:12 PM »
Unfortunately moving them to the clipboard and back didn't work for me. They're still stuck. I'll age up the heir on Thursday, the day he's due to become a teen and try again. Snuffles, let me know if it works for you.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #387 on: October 14, 2013, 07:34:04 PM »
I did a quick test to make sure that moving world would solve the aging bug, and it does. Of, course I didn't save that file and will return to my last save in Riverview. Since this is my moving heir and all family moving requirements have been met, I'm hoping to just continue to age him up on what should be his birthdays and kick out the rest of the family either when he becomes a young adult or at moving time. Is this okay? Otherwise, I can go back to the pre-potion save that I hung onto when I realized there was a problem (about 2 sim weeks ago). Let me know what my options are.

I know that people with larger households who are not in their moving world generation will not be able to do the first option, as they need those tombstones.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #388 on: October 14, 2013, 07:38:52 PM »
KRae-

You can do option 1, continue to age him up on his birthdays and kick out rest during moving time.  I recommend not using the young again potion for your future generations, maybe try the elixirs instead.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #389 on: October 14, 2013, 07:47:44 PM »
Thanks (big sigh of relief)! I don't have elixirs (SN?). However, tattoos work fine, and the potions are okay right before a move, but I'm not sure I'll even do that.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #390 on: October 14, 2013, 08:06:16 PM »
KRae-

Tattoos work, or the makeover station.  Ambrosia obviously work too but I understand you have probably used cooking skill challenges for one of your previous heir.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #391 on: October 15, 2013, 01:40:55 PM »
I want to report that my aging bug has infected only my family. The rest of the town seems to be aging normally. Their child friends from school are becoming teens, and elders are dying.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #392 on: October 15, 2013, 08:06:14 PM »
So, um.

I've been sick for the last week (hurray bronchitis), so I haven't touched my file at all. However, I need direction.

Previously, I had asked about whether or not we could purchase private lots and convert them to resorts, and was told yes, but it had to be a 5 star resort before moving. That's fine, that's understandable, I'd be okay with it....but it's apparently not doable.

It's Bridgeport I'm currently in, so I understand that sims will sometimes just get stuck. I've done a reset to all sims, and to specific sims. However, I can't get any staff to appear at the resort. I can't get any desk clerk to appear. My resort is currently stuck at 1 star, because 0/80 rooms are occupied, and I can't reopen it until I get profits, but I can't get profits because I can't get occupancy, because my desk clerk won't appear. I've tried running the desk myself, and it remains at a 0 occupancy. I've torn the place down, and rebuilt it, thinking there was a routing issue somewhere. I get the empty Bridgeport cabs arriving, no issues. My family can use the resort amenities, no problem. I just cannot, for the life of me, get any occupancy.

I've also done the standard save under a different name, clear the caches, ensure patches for both the game and the computer itself are up to date.

At this point, I'm frustrated to all heck, and would like to just go into edit town and raze the dang place. But, that's obviously not an option. I'd love suggestions on how to get the resort functioning, and if all else fails, I'd like permission to raze via build mode, and sell it, and chalk it up to...I don't know what. I can't imagine what's causing this. At all.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #393 on: October 15, 2013, 09:18:39 PM »
Shirin-

Can you sell your resort using your phone?

You are going to have to use your Sim's personal funds to reopen.  Check your room prices, are they too expensive?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #394 on: October 15, 2013, 09:30:02 PM »
I should be able to sell the resort via phone, and the personal funds front isn't an issue at all.

I had initially set the prices to the most expensive, and at the stuck phase right now, it's at the cheapest available. I'm happy to report that while my Sims can use the amenities of the resort, the paparazzi are able to chase them all the way to the door of the resort tower.

I'll try to sell it, and give it a day or so, then repurchase and see what happens.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #395 on: October 15, 2013, 09:45:04 PM »
If its a bugged resort, selling it to the town and re-buy them back later might fix the problem.  Try that and let us know if that fix your problem.

As for your occupancy problem, did you build a fancy resort?  Might want to scale back and start low / moderate.

Also I read that they could be routing problems that's why your workers are not showing up.  The insect spawners are the problem, and the spawners are underground.  Removing the spawners is only a temporary fix, they will keep coming back.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #396 on: October 16, 2013, 02:36:30 AM »
Only partial update here. I sold the resort with no problem. However, there is still no desk attendant, and doing a "check in" is simply not ever possible.

My fancy resort consists of two upgraded Beach towers, a small check in area, and a huge basement with everything else there. The two towers can sit next to each other with about 4 squares between them.

I'll give it another sim week or so, and then purchase the resort back and see if it works. Mostly, I'm just waiting for the dog to kick the bucket, and man, she just won't die (at medium lifespan, with no pet life extension LTW or gourmet food, she's sitting at 40 days now).

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #397 on: October 16, 2013, 08:53:34 AM »
Someone suggested that you should try checking in anyways, sometime it will bring the desk attendant back.

Resorts have lots of bug, you are going to have to think twice before building your next resort.   :P  If all else fails, let's see if Metro is ok with you razing the whole thing.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #398 on: October 16, 2013, 03:11:34 PM »
I asked this in the workbench thread but I don't think anyone gave a definite answer.  Are the scavenger hunts allowed as unique opportunities?  Although they first appear for kids, they're special opprtunities, not school ones.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #399 on: October 16, 2013, 03:15:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure they're allowed. They're not a school or after school opportunity and continue as available to fulfill past school years if not completed. They fill a proper slot.

anything