Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 323138 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #375 on: October 13, 2013, 04:08:32 PM »
I didn't try it in the life states.  I just waited for everyone to get Oh My Ghost (which could take a very long time  :( )

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #376 on: October 13, 2013, 04:18:15 PM »
Would an heir making a genie wish to revive a ghost (potential spouse) count as the heir adding them to the household?

Yes, it counts as the heir adding them to the household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #378 on: October 14, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »
I've developed an aging bug in my game. I've never used young again potions before except right before moving towns. I used them on heir 11 and his wife after he completed his requirement, and they've stopped aging. If I save as and quit, aging resumes for one day and then freezes again. I thought it was no big deal because I already have large tombstones from the founders and heirs 9 and 10, but the bug has infected heir 12. I've charted when all his birthdays should be by week and day. As long I quit sometime in each life stage, he should gain a day and I can use the birthday cake to age him up on schedule. I've tried it to age him to toddler and child and it has worked. I plan to do this every time he should be having a birthday. I hope this is okay. I know I can age him ahead and stay within the rules, but I'd rather do it on schedule. Moving worlds should fix the problem. The only hang-up I can see is if he doesn't complete his requirements before elder stage (heirs 1 through 11 have completed before then). I guess if he were to reach what should be day 52, I'll asked what to do. I hoping for your advise on this, experts.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #379 on: October 14, 2013, 01:57:58 PM »
Have you tried clearing cache?  If that didn't work, you have permission to use edit town to evict your family to the clipboard, then move them back in to the same house again from the clipboard.  That should fix the aging problem.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #380 on: October 14, 2013, 02:02:06 PM »
Yes, clearing caches was the same as restarting - good for one day. Thanks for the permission. Will this change the weeks and days? Could I just move them to a different house and right back? I guess that might not reset them enough.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #381 on: October 14, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »
Yes, clearing caches was the same as restarting - good for one day. Thanks for the permission. Will this change the weeks and days? Could I just move them to a different house and right back? I guess that might not reset them enough.

No, it doesn't change the weeks or days.  No don't move them to a different house, might not solve your problem.  Evict family to clipboard, them put them back in the same house.  Let's hope that fixes your aging problems.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #382 on: October 14, 2013, 02:36:54 PM »
Thanks, I'll try it after I get back from my walk and they get back from school and work.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #383 on: October 14, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »
I actually think I have the same issue as KRae and it might also have been down to Young Again potions. Can I do the same?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #384 on: October 14, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »
I actually think I have the same issue as KRae and it might also have been down to Young Again potions. Can I do the same?

Yes you may.   :)    So the young again potion is the culprit?

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #385 on: October 14, 2013, 03:26:43 PM »
Yes you may.   :)    So the young again potion is the culprit?

I believe so. I don't remember getting these issues before the family all took Young Again potions.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #386 on: October 14, 2013, 04:48:12 PM »
Unfortunately moving them to the clipboard and back didn't work for me. They're still stuck. I'll age up the heir on Thursday, the day he's due to become a teen and try again. Snuffles, let me know if it works for you.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #387 on: October 14, 2013, 07:34:04 PM »
I did a quick test to make sure that moving world would solve the aging bug, and it does. Of, course I didn't save that file and will return to my last save in Riverview. Since this is my moving heir and all family moving requirements have been met, I'm hoping to just continue to age him up on what should be his birthdays and kick out the rest of the family either when he becomes a young adult or at moving time. Is this okay? Otherwise, I can go back to the pre-potion save that I hung onto when I realized there was a problem (about 2 sim weeks ago). Let me know what my options are.

I know that people with larger households who are not in their moving world generation will not be able to do the first option, as they need those tombstones.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #388 on: October 14, 2013, 07:38:52 PM »
KRae-

You can do option 1, continue to age him up on his birthdays and kick out rest during moving time.  I recommend not using the young again potion for your future generations, maybe try the elixirs instead.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #389 on: October 14, 2013, 07:47:44 PM »
Thanks (big sigh of relief)! I don't have elixirs (SN?). However, tattoos work fine, and the potions are okay right before a move, but I'm not sure I'll even do that.