Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326709 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2013, 07:25:19 AM »
Do spouses of non-allowed life states need to be cured before moving in, or after? Or just before try for baby?

Okay, I know what you are asking, but the "of" threw me for a bit. :) Anyway, yes...a potential spouse that is a non-allowed life state would have to be cured before setting foot inside the Dynasty home.

---------

EDIT:

For the Unique Opportunities: do University day jobs/social group/dares count?

If they take up one of the 3 standard opportunity slots (career/skill/special), then they do count.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2013, 07:44:20 AM »
So they don't count if they only take up slots in the University panel?

Edit: I'm getting them off of the Billboard outside of the dormitory.
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2013, 08:03:08 AM »
So they don't count if they only take up slots in the University panel?

No they won't count, they don't take up a standard opportunity slot.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #213 on: September 18, 2013, 08:11:34 AM »
Thanks for the clarification. :)
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #214 on: September 18, 2013, 12:30:03 PM »
Hi you all!

This challenge sounds interesting, I just read all the rules again and I'm a bit worried about the "Unique Skill Challenges". For the expansions I have there are 16 skills, so I'll need one of each skill to be unique for each heir.  But there are skills I want someone in the household to have, for instance alchemy. Tell me if I'm wrong but for what I've read only one of my heirs can do alchemy, but it is ok if spares/spouses do alchemy, right?

With charisma I just have to be sure no sim reads the book, they'll still make friends. But then I can only choose ONE career with charisma, which leads me to: I'm running out of careers!

- Is it ok to learn skills, say logic, from books, in order not to get the skills challenge? Just because there are many careers that need logic. Handiness is another skill I'm worried: an inventor learns it by inventing, a firefighter has to tinker the fire engine, I guess I'll have to choose one or the other.

My only logical conclusion is that I'll need another expansion for the last town! Any recommendations?  :D
ĄPura vida!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #215 on: September 18, 2013, 12:41:08 PM »
But there are skills I want someone in the household to have, for instance alchemy. Tell me if I'm wrong but for what I've read only one of my heirs can do alchemy, but it is ok if spares/spouses do alchemy, right?

Yes, spares/spouses can work on any skills they want without invalidating it for the heirs. 
Founders/heirs skill challenges are the ones you have to make sure are unique.

With charisma I just have to be sure no sim reads the book, they'll still make friends. But then I can only choose ONE career with charisma, which leads me to: I'm running out of careers! 

Don't forget self employment and professions count as careers too.

- Is it ok to learn skills, say logic, from books, in order not to get the skills challenge? Just because there are many careers that need logic. Handiness is another skill I'm worried: an inventor learns it by inventing, a firefighter has to tinker the fire engine, I guess I'll have to choose one or the other.

You can max skills like logic and handiness by reading books without doing any skill challenge. 
As long as you don't claim "logic skill certificate" or "handiness skill certificate" as a reward for moving requirement, you can max those skills on as many heirs as you want. 

My only logical conclusion is that I'll need another expansion for the last town! Any recommendations?  :D

Why would you need another expansion?  Are you worried you don't have enough skills?  Or do you not have enough towns? 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2013, 12:50:34 PM »
If you don't have four towns, you can go back to one you used previously. As for skill challenges, you can also count the collecting and consignment challenges.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2013, 02:26:32 PM »
Thank you both!

Towns I'm not worried, I know I can also use Union Cove, I don't have it yet but it would work.

I was a bit worried about skills but if I take collecting skill separated in two it would work... I also just read that the 4x4 collection things can be repeated if I don't have enough skills. Oh, and about that, could perfect dishes from the cooking skill count for the 4x4 collection? I read it is not necessary for things to be displayed anymore, I could just leave them in the fridge. (?)
ĄPura vida!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2013, 02:35:29 PM »
I also just read that the 4x4 collection things can be repeated if I don't have enough skills.

Correct.

Oh, and about that, could perfect dishes from the cooking skill count for the 4x4 collection? I read it is not necessary for things to be displayed anymore, I could just leave them in the fridge. (?)

I think perfect dishes from cooking skill will be fine, as long as your heir or founder cook it themselves  :)  Metro, what do you think?

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 18, 2013, 02:38:40 PM »
So, you CANNOT take any LTRs to the next world?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #220 on: September 18, 2013, 02:41:05 PM »
So, you CANNOT take any LTRs to the next world?

LTR that are non-objects like Steel bladder will obviously stay with your sim, but LTR objects like moodlet manager will have to be sold before moving.

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 18, 2013, 02:55:59 PM »
OK thank you

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #222 on: September 18, 2013, 04:15:59 PM »
I was a bit worried about skills but if I take collecting skill separated in two it would work... I also just read that the 4x4 collection things can be repeated if I don't have enough skills. Oh, and about that, could perfect dishes from the cooking skill count for the 4x4 collection? I read it is not necessary for things to be displayed anymore, I could just leave them in the fridge. (?)

It's not that they don't need to be displayed--it's that they only have to be displayed at moving time. And dishes from cooking skill don't count for the Life States Dynasty, so I would imagine they don't count here either, but I don't know for sure.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: September 18, 2013, 04:46:19 PM »
And dishes from cooking skill don't count for the Life States Dynasty, so I would imagine they don't count here either, but I don't know for sure.

Well, the rule does state that nearly any type of object qualifies. If the meal is perfect and does not go bad by moving time I would be okay with perfect meals as a collection. What do you think, team?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2013, 04:58:10 PM »
Well, the rule does state that nearly any type of object qualifies. If the meal is perfect and does not go bad by moving time I would be okay with perfect meals as a collection. What do you think, team?

Yes, the rule did say nearly any type of object qualifies.  I say it should count as a collection, call it the cooking collection.  And the meal quality shouldn't matter, should it?  I mean bad quality will just have $0 value, good quality have like $5 value, while perfect meal have like $10 value? 

We never did state that the collection items have to be perfect quality.

anything