Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 325758 times)

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2013, 03:09:38 AM »
Thanks, Nutella.  ;D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2013, 06:38:22 AM »
About resurrecting the ghost, just wondering, will you have to start all over with the lifetime happiness points?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2013, 08:12:22 AM »
If memory serves me right, they get to keep their lifetime happiness points.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2013, 08:33:03 AM »
@ Tahilanor

Yes, I don't see any rules being broken.

Agreed.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2013, 01:33:34 PM »
I recently purchased Late Night and have only played a couple of sim weeks in Bridgeport. Are some opportunities still impossible to complete? If so, do you think I will have problems using it as my fourth world? The careers I have planned for world #4 are painting, music, acting, and a writer in the business career (writing career just takes too long).

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2013, 01:52:02 PM »
@KRae

There are definitely some opportunities bugs in Bridgeport, I don't believe it has been fixed yet.  The opportunities I know that have problems are cooking, inventing, and sports.  Might have more I don't know.

Don't forget you can use Union's Cove and Riverview too.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »
The towns I have are Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook, and Bridgeport. I'm not sure that my computer could handle Union Cove. I already had some problems with Bridgeport slowing down in two sim weeks. I don't want to use a town that quickly becomes unplayable. I'm up for buying a new town if it doesn't have routing and opportunity problems. I see others are using Aurora Skies. Is that maybe a good choice? Is there room to place the movie lot?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2013, 04:06:58 PM »
Two things I need some clarification on - moving sims in and out and supernaturals.  I noticed one of the existing challenges moved in a released genie, seemingly permanently and now I'm confused about that.  Also, regarding permissible use of life states elixirs following the birth of an heir, does that mean that the founders can become long lived life states? 

With moving out, are spares allowed to get pregnant before they leave the household?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2013, 05:11:13 PM »
Two things I need some clarification on - moving sims in and out and supernaturals.  I noticed one of the existing challenges moved in a released genie, seemingly permanently and now I'm confused about that. 

Non-heir household members can be move in and out.  You can move in a genie as a spare to help out around the house, not a problem.  You cannot move in a genie as a spouse because of the life state restriction for heirs.

Also, regarding permissible use of life states elixirs following the birth of an heir, does that mean that the founders can become long lived life states?  . 

You are free to use whatever methods you wish to extend the founders life, only after the heir is born.
The main reason people would want to extend founders life is to accumulate enough LTR points for the large tombstone when they die (moving requirement).  Why would you want to turn your founders into vampires that never dies?  You want your founders to die eventually, you don't want them to live forever. 

With moving out, are spares allowed to get pregnant before they leave the household?

Spares can pretty much do anything, as long as they don't get impregnated by the active heir.  Active heir needs to finish the 4 requirement before he/she can add to the household.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2013, 03:38:47 PM »
I have a question about travelling. It says we're allowed 4 vacations/university trips, but does that mean that four Sims or four trips? So, could I send 2 Sims to University and that would count as one trip or would it count as two?

EDIT: Another question: as part of the family requirements, must I purchase all the empty residential lots? By empty, I mean blank lots.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »
I have a question about travelling. It says we're allowed 4 vacations/university trips, but does that mean that four Sims or four trips? So, could I send 2 Sims to University and that would count as one trip or would it count as two?

4 trips with any amount of Sims that you want.

EDIT: Another question: as part of the family requirements, must I purchase all the empty residential lots? By empty, I mean blank lots.

No, not residential lots.  Just buildings and properties.

Offline GoswaldtheGargoyle

• Nooboo
« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2013, 03:53:04 AM »
is it ok for my CAS founder to marry an alien who he has encountered in the first four days and have heir 1 with her?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2013, 05:07:51 AM »
Yes, that's fine. Aliens have the same lifespan as non-aliens.

Also, wow lucky! I barely get aliens ever. I figure they're riding around on the huge striking meteors that don't exist for me. ;D

Offline GoswaldtheGargoyle

• Nooboo
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2013, 06:48:19 AM »
Thanks - I feel very relieved now.
And yes, I was surprised to get an alien too - she appeared around the end of day 2/ start of day 3.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2013, 10:11:51 AM »
Questions about the Family 4x4 Collection.  Are there only four of each item type making up 16, or 4 sets of 16?  Also, how do you determine street art value?

anything