Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326771 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #285 on: September 26, 2013, 05:27:36 PM »
Just to confirm, per the Edit Town rules, if I want to place a resort someplace non-IP, I cannot place an empty residential lot for future purchase to convert to a resort. However, I don't necessarily have to delete any existing empty residential lots. And, if all else fails, I could purchase a residential lot that already has a residence on it, and convert then destroy the building...right? (I'm not 100% sure on the last, but I think so?)

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2013, 06:12:36 PM »
Just to confirm, per the Edit Town rules, if I want to place a resort someplace non-IP, I cannot place an empty residential lot for future purchase to convert to a resort. However, I don't necessarily have to delete any existing empty residential lots. And, if all else fails, I could purchase a residential lot that already has a residence on it, and convert then destroy the building...right? (I'm not 100% sure on the last, but I think so?)

You must make the changes from empty residential to community lot before you go live in the new world you start with or move to.  You can place empty lots and convert them to community lots before going live as well. However, you can not "edit town" to make changes after you have started playing in the world. The lot you convert before starting the town must be empty if it is residential.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #287 on: September 26, 2013, 06:18:37 PM »
Ok, so "convert private lot to resort" option is banned?

(I'm not talking about going into edit town after play has started, but the conversion above.)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2013, 06:57:24 PM »
Just to confirm, per the Edit Town rules, if I want to place a resort someplace non-IP, I cannot place an empty residential lot for future purchase to convert to a resort.

Correct.

However, I don't necessarily have to delete any existing empty residential lots.

Correct.

And, if all else fails, I could purchase a residential lot that already has a residence on it, and convert then destroy the building...right? (I'm not 100% sure on the last, but I think so?)

At this time, there is no rule against 4x4 dynasty families purchasing extra home, so you can purchase the residential lot and convert to resort.  However, we need to check with head honcho about this.  I know in the Townie DecaDynasty, purchasing additional homes (private lots) is banned, I'm just not sure if Metro wants to ban it for this dynasty.  Be right back with the answer.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2013, 07:12:39 PM »
@Shirin:

Boss gave thumbs up on purchasing private lots to convert to resort.  But remember, you can't place empty lots for future purchases to convert to resort, and no edit town after play has started.  Also for this challenge, if you have resorts, you must owned all the properties, buildings, and resorts for the moving requirement.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #290 on: September 26, 2013, 07:16:05 PM »
Awesome, thank you!

Not sure I actually am, but it's a possibility. Mostly, I like seeing weddings show up in the paper for Isla Paradiso (even if it's the same four people changing spouses every day); I did put a wedding arch in a big park in Bridgeport, but no results I know of so far. :)

But, people go to the big city for resort treatment too, don't they? ;D

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #291 on: September 27, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »
So what's the deal with the hidden islands in IP per the land owning rules?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #292 on: September 27, 2013, 11:16:19 AM »
So what's the deal with the hidden islands in IP per the land owning rules?

If you choose to find a hidden island and then convert it to a resort, you will need to fully upgrade the resort. Other than that, you are not required to find all the hidden islands and purchase them.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #293 on: September 27, 2013, 11:18:10 AM »
If you choose to find a hidden island and then convert it to a resort, you will need to fully upgrade the resort. Other than that, you are not required to find all the hidden islands and purchase them.

What constitutes a full upgrade on a resort?  5 stars?

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #294 on: September 27, 2013, 11:19:13 AM »
What constitutes a full upgrade on a resort?  5 stars?

Yes, 5 stars.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #295 on: September 28, 2013, 02:29:29 PM »
Re: the 4x4 collections.  If you did one collection of say deathfish, could you do another collection later on of tragic clownfish?  Or does the collection fall under "fish" and that's that?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #296 on: September 28, 2013, 03:06:51 PM »
Fish is one category, just like gems and metals.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2013, 03:13:09 PM »
Re: the 4x4 collections.  If you did one collection of say deathfish, could you do another collection later on of tragic clownfish?  Or does the collection fall under "fish" and that's that?

No.  Both deathfish and clownfish would fall under one category, fish.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #298 on: September 30, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »
Hi, I am hesitating on whether to play this as I need to resolve my confusion first:
1. Do the founders of the first generation count for unique careers/skill challenges/best friends/opportunities like all other heirs, consider I am using two CAS sims? What about spounses?
2. I assume only unique Maxed Career is needed for requirement rather than unique maxed skill? So it means that anyone can max a skill as long as related challenges are incomplete?
3. Are townies allowed to be extended of their lives for potential household members/spouses using potions and other methods or is this disallowed?
4. Can I purchase empty lots premade in the game if I wish to build a resort?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #299 on: September 30, 2013, 11:05:32 AM »
1. Do the founders of the first generation count for unique careers/skill challenges/best friends/opportunities like all other heirs, consider I am using two CAS sims? What about spounses?

You have to treat Founders like heirs.  If your founder maxed any career, complete any skill challenges, have any best friends, finish any opportunities -- all these will be invalidate for your future generations heirs (all 16 generations).

Spouses for heir #1,2,3,5,6,7,9,10,11,13,14,15 are free to max any career, do any skill challenges without invalidating it for the future generation heirs.  Spouses for heir #4,8,12 are different, they fall under the category of founders, so you have to be careful.

2. I assume only unique Maxed Career is needed for requirement rather than unique maxed skill? So it means that anyone can max a skill as long as related challenges are incomplete?

Correct.  Only need to max career, you can have multiple heirs max the same skill without completing the skill challenges. 
Note:  You can't use that particular skill certificate as your moving requirement, since that skill is shared among your heirs.

3. Are townies allowed to be extended of their lives for potential household members/spouses using potions and other methods or is this disallowed?

Allowed.  Life extending restriction is only for current active heir before they complete their requirements.

4. Can I purchase empty lots premade in the game if I wish to build a resort?

Yes.  It has to be "premade" in the game, not some new lot you place using Edit Town.  Remember once you build a resort, you need to owned it fully and upgrade it to 5 stars, part of the moving requirement.

anything