Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977809 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #555 on: September 09, 2010, 01:31:59 PM »
I did and I dismissed the wretched sim!

Call the repairman back!  Even if you have to pay twice, it's still worth it if you have a bunch of salvaged items.  I find salvaging quite a good moneymaker.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #556 on: September 09, 2010, 01:33:20 PM »
Well I am restarting my Dynasty so now I know better! Maybe that TV I salvaged will come back?  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #557 on: September 09, 2010, 01:53:28 PM »
I have salvaged alot too but the one time that I call the repair man and nothing was actually broken he just stood there for a long while and left with my $50 but didn't fix the salvaged items so watch out for that too. I don't know if it is a common issue or not but I know it has happened to me so I just store it all in my family inventory until something breaks then I call the repair man and put everything out on the lawn and that works like a charm for me everytime. But the repair man does stand around for a very long time depending on how much you have out to be repaired I think. It seems the more I have out the longer he stands there.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #558 on: September 09, 2010, 02:00:36 PM »
Wow I have never had the salvaging not work.  Sometimes the repairman is there all night long though especially if I have a lot of things.  I save them until I have many so that I don't have to pay the $50 too often.  I have had someone interrupt the repairman's standing there and they will start chatting with him and he left then without repairing so now I make sure he comes when they are asleep or keep them busy so they stay away from him.  Salvaging keeps my Sims alive!  LOL

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #559 on: September 09, 2010, 02:02:14 PM »
I call the repairman all the time even if nothing is broken.  Usually I like my Sims to do the repairing if it is the safer stuff.  My kids laugh at me because I spend so much time at the junkyard.  Twinbrook has two!  LOL

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #560 on: September 09, 2010, 02:26:45 PM »
Looks good to me, samo. Getting Guitar Star in this event deserves a round of applause from everyone! So, when gen #6 nabs it, make sure to take a screenshot so all us can celebrate with you.  :D  I'm definitely going to be doing a guitarist too. It's a little risky, but it's also one of my specialties. And I want to see if I can actually top Mr. 3000's insane profit numbers.

If you combine that with a successful Dynasty, you will have accomplished the Metro's Specialties SuperMax BlackOps Beat Everyone In the Universe Challenge!  :D
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #561 on: September 09, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »
If you combine that with a successful Dynasty, you will have accomplished the Metro's Specialties SuperMax BlackOps Beat Everyone In the Universe Challenge!  :D

Yeah, I think I'll fail that event.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #562 on: September 09, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »
Agh, oh no, another bug!

On Shashin's (my fourth immortal-to-be) recent trip to China, I checked her family tree at random...

It seems she somehow has a Chinese child!  The father of this child is a deceased elder sim who Shashin never woohoo'd with-- she can't even woohoo yet, as she's still a teenager!  Of course I have no mods installed (and have never had a teen pregnancy mod anywhere on my computer); I've heard about this bug happening to people before but have never seen it myself!  

Obviously I'm wondering: does this child somehow have to become the next immortal?  I don't even know if it's possible to get her moved home!  Even if it was possible, since the child is past the toddler stage, I'd lose the dynasty, as I wouldn't have gotten the toddler portrait!

Please tell me I'm off the hook from making this mystery Chinese child the next immortal...I'm freaking out here :/

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #563 on: September 09, 2010, 05:00:49 PM »
Yeowch, thought they had fixed that one! I think you should just ignore that child or leave it in China?  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #564 on: September 09, 2010, 05:02:26 PM »
Agh, oh no, another bug!

On Shashin's (my fourth immortal-to-be) recent trip to China, I checked her family tree at random...

It seems she somehow has a Chinese child!  The father of this child is a deceased elder sim who Shashin never woohoo'd with-- she can't even woohoo yet, as she's still a teenager!  Of course I have no mods installed (and have never had a teen pregnancy mod anywhere on my computer); I've heard about this bug happening to people before but have never seen it myself!  

Obviously I'm wondering: does this child somehow have to become the next immortal?  I don't even know if it's possible to get her moved home!  Even if it was possible, since the child is past the toddler stage, I'd lose the dynasty, as I wouldn't have gotten the toddler portrait!

Please tell me I'm off the hook from making this mystery Chinese child the next immortal...I'm freaking out here :/

You're off the hook, don't worry. Just treat this like it never happened — i.e. the Chinese child does not even exist. That's the simplest solution.

EDIT: Wait a minute...is the child part of your household now?

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #565 on: September 09, 2010, 05:03:41 PM »
Phew!  Thanks again, Metro :)

I think I might have to use the name Chun-Tao in another Sim game though; it's kind of pretty.

Edit: No, Chun-Tao just shows up in the tree but still lives in China.  I was just worried I'd have to make her part of my household somehow.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #566 on: September 09, 2010, 05:07:54 PM »
Okay, good. That makes it a lot simpler if she's just a phantom in the background. If she miraculously became part of your household, I'd need to authorize a cheat so you could delete her. Yeah, I'm with samo — I thought that bug was fixed.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #567 on: September 09, 2010, 09:32:37 PM »
Can someone tell me if this attempt at a strategy is okay?

Okay I have decided to restart my Dynasty. It will still be Diana Jade but with the following traits:

Artistic, Flirty, Charismatic, Natural Chef and Kleptomaniac.

My aim is for her to become a Stylist and Supermax Painting and also max Charisma, which all my Immortals will learn some of to help. The Artistic trait will raise her skill and allow her to paint the future immortals paintings, Flirty is to woo a romance, Charismatic is for the Stylist career and help make friends, Natural Chef to get her to Ambrosia quickly and Kleptomaniac is to steal all the cars and have a good fortune at the start.   Is this plan okay?

1 - *Painting, Culinary and Sculpting.
2 - *Gardening and Photography
3 - *Martial Arts and Athletic
4 - *Fishing
5 - *Logic
6 - *Guitar
7 - *Handiness and Athletic
8 - *Writing

Sorry I'm late answering this.  I have some concerns.  You may be piling too much onto your founder.  Plus, you haven't mentioned who will do the fishing and gardening for Diana's Ambrosia.  Stylist, painting, culinary, and sculpting alone are a lot of work.  Plus, she will have to raise a child.  The Klepto and Flirty traits may not really be necessary.  She'll be able to find a husband without being flirty and having a lot of money at the start isn't as big a deal for me.  And if you're starting over anyway, you'll be able to find Billy Caspian before he moves.  If you can get him with his car in inventory, you can sell it and have a good bit of money. Also, being a Stylist will be a difficult career because it's not related to anything she needs to become immortal.  So it will take a great deal of her time and not really do anything for her immortality except provide the career requirement.  If she were to do something like be a chef or an artist, all of her work on her career would also go toward her immortality. 

The founder is probably the most difficult generation to bring to immortal because of the humble beginnings, inability to travel, and not having a grandparent to help with the child.  Just think carefully about it and don't give her more to do than she can handle.  You also want to keep it enjoyable to play and too much at the beginning may end up being stressful.

Also, think hard about SuperMaxing Guitar in the 6th generation.  That Guitar Star challenge is a bear to achieve.  It's not bugged, so you won't get special consideration for it.  It's just very difficult.  Personally, I wouldn't touch it.  And what is the reason for having Athletic in generation 7?  I can understand it generation 3 because of the Physical Perfection Lifetime Wish.  Martial Arts and Handiness will have to be the SuperMax skills for those generations.  I can't think of a Lifetime Wish that requires both Handiness and Athletic.

End of speech.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #568 on: September 09, 2010, 09:35:48 PM »
I can't think of a Lifetime Wish that requires both Handiness and Athletic.

Astronaut.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #569 on: September 09, 2010, 10:16:05 PM »
Hrm, I had planned for one of my sims to supermax guitar, and reading the guide on it, I think I might be able to...I guess I'll have Shashin's child (who isn't born yet) try it (I originally planned for the guitar supermaxer to come later).  That way if I need to supermax something else (which would probably be nectar making, even though that's not ideal either) I'll have more of a chance.

I really want to accomplish Guitar Star now just because I really do love a challenge~