Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 763793 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #345 on: June 16, 2011, 02:54:20 AM »
I just took a nose through that list and it seems like my Beauty in a box house would suit Simone88, Sims3Lover2010 and SimCityBusDriver's requests. Sorry Natsuko, but it contains WA content. :(

EDIT: Samo, can you edit the first post to change the EP specifications since Generations is out? I'm slightly confused by who has what.

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #346 on: June 16, 2011, 05:28:53 AM »
My request can be taken down.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Natsuko

« Reply #347 on: June 16, 2011, 09:27:08 AM »
I just took a nose through that list and it seems like my Beauty in a box house would suit Simone88, Sims3Lover2010 and SimCityBusDriver's requests. Sorry Natsuko, but it contains WA content. :(

EDIT: Samo, can you edit the first post to change the EP specifications since Generations is out? I'm slightly confused by who has what.
I should really get WA...

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #348 on: June 16, 2011, 02:00:32 PM »
Samo I know this is probably a pain for you, but could you make a new, updated list of requests with requirements for each build, please?  Now that I'm through messing with the photography challenge I can once again focus on builds/rebuilds and should begin posting some on the exchange/swap shop.  I do like to use store items but can avoid it if necessary.  First up will be my remake of base game stock house, Miramontes, which fits very well on the Stony Falls lot and is big enough for dynasty families if you've got the cash to afford it! 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #349 on: June 16, 2011, 02:52:49 PM »
I think that is up to date but it really is messy. I wonder if a Table would be easier to navigate?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #350 on: June 16, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »
I managed to knock this up, I hope it will work. I'll list the Most important features in the Request Section and then link to the Full Request. I hope it will keep the First Post more organized. Thanks go to Metro whose Table I copied and examined.  ;)

The Bold are the headings and the Non Bold are the Requests. I'll try adding some Requests in an Edit to this post.

Client                    Date                    Request                    Content                    Lot Size                    Price                    
Natsuko2nd AprilFamily Home for Five Sims.     Gens + OLSAnyAny
Full Details
Legacy1110th JuneTraditional American Home.  All EPs and OLS30x30Any
Full Details

EDIT: I used Natsuko and Legacy11's Requests for my Example. Do you think the Request is too brief? If someone was looking to do a specific build such as a Family Home they can see those, I then will be directing them to the Main Post of that Member. Thoughts on the Table, it would be very fiddly to get a long request text in the table.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #351 on: June 16, 2011, 03:37:30 PM »
That is perfect Thomas! It should just provide an overview and general description, nothing more (else it will become hard to navigate again). For more detailed descriptions people can use the link to read the original post - that way nothing will get lost trying to summarize it either.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Natsuko

« Reply #352 on: June 16, 2011, 04:55:29 PM »
Thanks for updating my request Thomas! Your table looks good, like Phyre said, it should just provide an overview and a general description-nothing more.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #353 on: June 17, 2011, 01:39:41 PM »
Perfect!!  Just exactly what these tired, old eyes needed to make sense of the requests.  It was great to have the link back to the original post but the gist of the request was easily seen.  Thank you so much samo.  Oh, what's OLS mean?  Is that stuff packs?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #354 on: June 17, 2011, 01:42:43 PM »
OLS means Outdoor Living Stuff. I'll try and get the new list done soon!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #355 on: June 17, 2011, 02:46:46 PM »
Just my 2 cents: I think if you're going to organize your table by date of request (which I like), ie. earliest on the top, latest at the bottom, I'd like to see the Date column on the far left, before the Client column.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #356 on: June 17, 2011, 03:51:41 PM »
For: CandyHeartedSim

Bedrooms: 6
Bathrooms: 3
Lot Size: 30x30
Price: $168,500
Here it is.   :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #357 on: June 17, 2011, 06:28:20 PM »
Thomas, I think that will really help. Even though I'm 13, my eyes hurt when I look at the current layout.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #358 on: June 19, 2011, 01:49:11 AM »
For Natsuko.  This may be too large, too expensive but it is definitely a house for generations of Sims.  It has EVERYTHING I could think of without going into buydebug, (except for plants in garden), and I don't think I have any store items in it.

I posted it in my studio on the EA website here:
 http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4229862  

I'll put it in the Swap Shop too.

Believe it or not there is actually room to put stuff in or move a wall or two to make more rooms or larger rooms.
I started this months ago, I forget for whom, but someone else built one they liked so I put it away for a bit.  This is not my original build but a make over of a base game house called Miramontes.  I've redone it several times but this is my favorite so far.  I took out the luxury cars.  lol

I don't know how to link these pages to the Swap Shop but I really hate to post those screenies all over again.  Anyone able to help?

Hugs

I forgot to mention, 6 bedrooms/6 baths, all ensuite except the nursery which only has a powder/laundry room.
There are two kitchens.  The main one is on the first floor next to the formal dining room.  There is a little sitting area there and still, one more half bath/powder room.  Hey, when a Sims gotta go, they've gotta go.  Right?

Upstairs on what is actually the main entrance floor, there is another, small kitchen.  Just right for snacks while watching tv in the family room.  It's a large room so there is a kitchenette, media/family area and small dining area with.........you guessed it, another half bath.  The main living room has the most gorgeous views and a charming fireplace with cozy seating around it.  There is also another chess table set up here.

Go up one flight of stairs to the master bedroom and nursery and a small bedroom with two twin beds.  Two and a half baths here plus laundry facilities.

Top floor has three bedrooms en-suite all in pastel shades.  There is an adjoining deck for two of the bedrooms with easels and a telescope.  If I had a house like this in the setting it's in, I'd never leave home at all.

I did notice as I went through and finished this house up that several of my patterns for walls etc. were missing.  I had used some from the exchange originally and when I wiped my game I lost those patterns from my downloads, so they didn't show up anymore in my builds.  I'm wondering if this will happen to people who download houses we build?  If they don't have a particular pattern, (because it's not found in one of the EP/SPs),
will the wallpapers and upholstery show up ugly as mine did?  This might be something we builders need to be aware of.  Looks great in a screenie but then when you get the actual house it's all ugly walls.  I hate most of the patterns, (not all), that come with the games but it looks like for safety sake when I build for uploads I'll have to stick to those.

EDIT:  This house is on a weird size lot.  It fits next to Stoney Falls but I don't think it would fit well anywhere else.  The lot is 36 x 40something

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #359 on: June 19, 2011, 02:05:57 AM »
Joria, that house is amazing! I love all the splashes of baby-blue. :)
I'm sorry, I can't help you with the Swap Shop, though.
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy