Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 764032 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #360 on: June 19, 2011, 02:39:31 AM »
I have a rather bizarre request. :-\

Everyone knows Sunset Valley 3.0, right? Is it possible to make a  Bridgeport 2.0? I mean, since there aren't enough free lots in Bridgeport to place the amazing builds in Swap Shop, as well as the prebuild community lots from Twinbrook, etc., and the landscaping is quite difficult to deal with, can anyone please do it for me? I'd like to see every community lot added with Naga's Sunset Valley 3.0 (obviously no need to add the LN/AMB lots). I'd like for the city to keep the main "city" look, too. Thank you. :)

EDIT: Oh, and I have WA, AMB, LN, GEN, in addition - HELS and FLS. And please don't used anything but freebies from the store. If you use any, please mention those. Also, no T-Mobile freebies - we don't have T-Mobile in my country. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #361 on: June 19, 2011, 05:58:19 AM »
Thanks so much TallStar :D It looks great!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Natsuko

« Reply #362 on: June 19, 2011, 02:48:23 PM »
For Natsuko.  This may be too large, too expensive but it is definitely a house for generations of Sims.  It has EVERYTHING I could think of without going into buydebug, (except for plants in garden), and I don't think I have any store items in it.

I posted it in my studio on the EA website here:
 http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4229862 

I'll put it in the Swap Shop too.

Believe it or not there is actually room to put stuff in or move a wall or two to make more rooms or larger rooms.
I started this months ago, I forget for whom, but someone else built one they liked so I put it away for a bit.  This is not my original build but a make over of a base game house called Miramontes.  I've redone it several times but this is my favorite so far.  I took out the luxury cars.  lol

I don't know how to link these pages to the Swap Shop but I really hate to post those screenies all over again.  Anyone able to help?

Hugs

I forgot to mention, 6 bedrooms/6 baths, all ensuite except the nursery which only has a powder/laundry room.
There are two kitchens.  The main one is on the first floor next to the formal dining room.  There is a little sitting area there and still, one more half bath/powder room.  Hey, when a Sims gotta go, they've gotta go.  Right?

Upstairs on what is actually the main entrance floor, there is another, small kitchen.  Just right for snacks while watching tv in the family room.  It's a large room so there is a kitchenette, media/family area and small dining area with.........you guessed it, another half bath.  The main living room has the most gorgeous views and a charming fireplace with cozy seating around it.  There is also another chess table set up here.

Go up one flight of stairs to the master bedroom and nursery and a small bedroom with two twin beds.  Two and a half baths here plus laundry facilities.

Top floor has three bedrooms en-suite all in pastel shades.  There is an adjoining deck for two of the bedrooms with easels and a telescope.  If I had a house like this in the setting it's in, I'd never leave home at all.

I did notice as I went through and finished this house up that several of my patterns for walls etc. were missing.  I had used some from the exchange originally and when I wiped my game I lost those patterns from my downloads, so they didn't show up anymore in my builds.  I'm wondering if this will happen to people who download houses we build?  If they don't have a particular pattern, (because it's not found in one of the EP/SPs),
will the wallpapers and upholstery show up ugly as mine did?  This might be something we builders need to be aware of.  Looks great in a screenie but then when you get the actual house it's all ugly walls.  I hate most of the patterns, (not all), that come with the games but it looks like for safety sake when I build for uploads I'll have to stick to those.

EDIT:  This house is on a weird size lot.  It fits next to Stoney Falls but I don't think it would fit well anywhere else.  The lot is 36 x 40something
Oh my lord. Thanks so much Joria! That's so amazing! ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #363 on: June 19, 2011, 03:28:19 PM »
@Natusuko,  I'm glad you like it.  Enjoy!

@ChronicR:  Sure it's doable.  The hard part is keeping the city as dreary as it is.  MY city, (Portland, Oregon), is not as dreary as Bridgeport.  It's called the City of Roses for a reason besides the Rose Festival, (just ended) and the Rose Test Gardens.  I mean, how many cities have roses planted, (and maintained), in median strips?  So, explain a little more what your vision for BP is.  I think mine would be very different because BP already has all the needed community lots.  Are you thinking of replacing some of them with lots from other places?  For instance, the Grind, (which I transformed into the Pink Flamingo), is already there.  Fixing up the parks and such could be fun, (did that once), now that Gen has so many goodies and you WOULD find them in a city park.
Are you thinking of replacing some of the dual use buildings with "standard" ones or just adding those standard ones?  (like the grocery store)

I've been actually doing my own version of SV, RV and TB, bit at a time.  (Almost done with SV).  I wanted SV to be an upscale, suburban, small town type place to live.  I never really paid much attention to what went on in the town until I did the Oh, Snap! challenge.  It really showed me what dull and boring lives the townies live without all the "fun" places in it.  Once the challenge was truly dead for me I used Pinochle Point lots and placed some different things there.  I added Anushka's small park, (community garden), and within seconds every townie around swarmed into it!  It was like ants who just found the candy bar the crying kid dropped!  Soooooo, I added a house and changed the lot into an Academy and made it a ballet school/academy.  Again, swarms of people who walked through with their kids.  Then I put in the abandoned nectary I had redesigned and that was like Disneyland for them.  Everyone was walking around and chatting and playing on equipment and just having fun without the bars and discos and such!   (version 2 of that is in the planning stage)  This was in an SV I had not developed.  The one I had developed didn't have those buildings/parks in them.  All it had was the clubs and such which were sparsely attended by a few frantic dancers, but nothing like the swarms of people who went to the spots I just randomly dropped in the "empty" SV.  I would not begin to know how to upload such a place though.

@ RubyLovesSims:  thanks so much!  It was a lot of work but also a lot of fun.  I've literally worked on this one off and on for months.  There is so much more to it than you can't see in the screenies, like the little hidden Zen garden.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #364 on: June 19, 2011, 03:53:36 PM »
@Joria - I really like your ideas. :) My vision of Bridgeport is... well, the initial city, actually. Like, not much greenery, typical LN landscaping (the grass color, bushes, trees that came with it). I'd love to see some lots improved - would be fantastic. I do, however, like the multi-function buildings. So I'd rather say don't replace them. Thank you! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #365 on: June 19, 2011, 04:23:42 PM »
@Joria - I really like your ideas. :) My vision of Bridgeport is... well, the initial city, actually. Like, not much greenery, typical LN landscaping (the grass color, bushes, trees that came with it). I'd love to see some lots improved - would be fantastic. I do, however, like the multi-function buildings. So I'd rather say don't replace them. Thank you! :D

Lots improved?  To me that usually means landscaping with flowers and such.  I have a huge problem with BP because it is so depressing. Interiors can be redesigned to be more cheerful, and parks can have things added. Even NYC has nice trees, green spaces and flowers.  One amusing sight is all the potted plants on the fire escapes in that city.  Putting in new lots isn't really all that hard.  I did it before.  Just got so bummed out by how sad the city looked I had to stop.  But I hadn't tried "cleaning up" buildings like the Grind.  When I was working on it I made one area with an older, "these buildings were here before it became a city" feel to it.  Ok, now it's become a challenge in my head.  lol  Soooo, you want interiors redesigned?  You want exteriors with more landscaping?  You want parks with more kid oriented stuff?  You want more places for families with kids?
I'm going to go take a look at it and see what percolates in this ol' brain of mine.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #366 on: June 19, 2011, 04:31:47 PM »
Lots improved?  To me that usually means landscaping with flowers and such.  I have a huge problem with BP because it is so depressing. Interiors can be redesigned to be more cheerful, and parks can have things added. Even NYC has nice trees, green spaces and flowers.  One amusing sight is all the potted plants on the fire escapes in that city.  Putting in new lots isn't really all that hard.  I did it before.  Just got so bummed out by how sad the city looked I had to stop.  But I hadn't tried "cleaning up" buildings like the Grind.  When I was working on it I made one area with an older, "these buildings were here before it became a city" feel to it.  Ok, now it's become a challenge in my head.  lol  Soooo, you want interiors redesigned?  You want exteriors with more landscaping?  You want parks with more kid oriented stuff?  You want more places for families with kids?
I'm going to go take a look at it and see what percolates in this ol' brain of mine.

Lol. Joria, do what you want - how you want to do. I have every faith in you. I am sure that the final result will more than satisfy my needs. By saying "lots improved", I meant adding new objects, etc. Maybe some small changes to landscaping and greenery too, but not too much. I mean, I do like the grass in Bridgeport. I like industrial towns, that being the reason why I totally love Twinbrook. I don't care for the outside aka landscaping and such that much, I care about what goes inside the building. Parks with more kid-oriented stuff sounds great, but it's not necessary, actually. So do how you feel right. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #367 on: June 19, 2011, 05:01:34 PM »
Hey. :) I never knew this thread existed.. if I did I would've posted on it ages ago. :D

Anyways, my request is..

- a two-story (if possible to fit everything into just two, of course..) modern legacy mansion for 15 SummerHill Court in SV.
- I'd like it to all look modern, but open also. Preferrably the colour of the house on the outside to be white. :)
- with 8 uniquely decorated bedrooms (maybe either 6 or all of which have ensuite bathrooms, if possible?)
- 2 living rooms with an open and nice feel to them
- a swimming pool (I don't mind if this is on the roof or outside)
- a dining room, with lots of nice flowers
- a downstairs bathroom
- a kid's play area (outside, or if there's not much space to put it outside I don't mind there being a playroom inside instead, but I would prefer a kid's play area outside for the jungle gym, etc. :) )
- a museum for sculptures and pictures with an easel and a sculpting station there, too.
- one laundry room, or maybe two (i.e: one upstairs and one downstairs)
- possibly a 'skilling' room where my sims can practise their skills..
- a kitchen which I prefer having the dining room inside, so they are the same room.

I have only got a laptop where my graphics are all low and medium so maybe that'd be helpful so whoever the builder is can bare in mind that the house needs to be big enough but not to make my laptop lag.. although, if you have a look at my Dreamer legacy (in my sig), the house there is like what I want (except not good enough, I don't think :D .. I made it), vis-a-vis the style (not the proportions or anything like that: I think it's horrible!) except it has two less bedrooms.

I don't really mind too much about landscaping but I still like plants outside the house, and I'd like enough space somewhere for (quite a small) garden as one of my sims is a gardener. But, I'd like it all to look quite modern and high tech-ish. I don't mind most of the stuff being the most expensive items, in fact I usually prefer it that way.
I also quite like plants inside the house, but not too much. I like to put magazines and the little orchid plant things on the dining tables, and I don't mind mood-lite candles, too, for the dining one.
I'd like, if there is enough room, an area with some picnic benches and a grill. Also, an outdoor chess table and an area to 'chill' outside. With loungers and such. There is no priority, just anything that fits. :) I don't mind. Also, even though I mentioned earlier that it may be helpful to look at my Dreamer house, please try to make it not look like the house. I have tried to make it look like what I want but it just isn't what I want. :P

I don't really have any particular colour scheme except for 4 of the bedrooms which are:
the master/main bedroom - black and red. But not gothic-like. I want it still looking nice and open but with hints of black and red. (mainly red)
The other bedrooms are: sea foam, purple and gray. (my sim's favourite colours) :)

I don't mind about skilling items in the bedrooms if there is a skilling room, but I'd like the master one (red and black one) to be very open and for a family-oriented and hopeless romantic sim. I want there to be a romantic atmosphere about that particular room. ;)
The sea foam one belongs to an athletic genius who is also friendly and charismatic, so if it could be made a sort of open and friendly room with a mini living room type of feel to it as well as a studying area.
The purple one belongs to an insane genius robot cross breeder. So if it could be not just purpler, but lots of colours and mixed up and eclectic and insane, that would rock.
The gray one belongs to a kleptomaniac thief and I'd like it to be all minimalistic but kind of stylish also.. I'd like that picture with the girl in diamonds there, please. I also don't mind if this particular room is rather small.

Thank you so much. :) And sorry for this huge thing.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #368 on: June 19, 2011, 05:07:17 PM »
Candy and Natsuko do you both want your requests taken down now?

Chronic and Fez, I have noted your Requests but I'm going to do them with the new Table of Requests. Sorry I couldn't do them today however, I've been out all day due to Fathers Day and really needed some Sims, not it's 10pm, Time flies when you're Simming!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #369 on: June 19, 2011, 05:08:54 PM »
Oh, that's okay. :) Glad you had a nice day.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #370 on: June 19, 2011, 05:10:22 PM »
That's fine. :) There's no hurry. And thank you in advance. :D Ooh, and I forgot to mention I only have Base Game and Ambitions and I don't want any store content as I only have clothes.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #371 on: June 19, 2011, 06:16:01 PM »
Yes, It is fine for you to take it down. Also, I would also like a dynasty house, Basically like Fez's, but the perticular rooms don't have to be like that. The reason I always ask for houses here, is because I can't build to save my house :P

Natsuko

« Reply #372 on: June 19, 2011, 06:47:34 PM »
Candy and Natsuko do you both want your requests taken down now?

Chronic and Fez, I have noted your Requests but I'm going to do them with the new Table of Requests. Sorry I couldn't do them today however, I've been out all day due to Fathers Day and really needed some Sims, not it's 10pm, Time flies when you're Simming!
I would like my request taken down, thank you.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #373 on: June 19, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »
Lol. Joria, do what you want - how you want to do. I have every faith in you. I am sure that the final result will more than satisfy my needs. By saying "lots improved", I meant adding new objects, etc. Maybe some small changes to landscaping and greenery too, but not too much. I mean, I do like the grass in Bridgeport. I like industrial towns, that being the reason why I totally love Twinbrook. I don't care for the outside aka landscaping and such that much, I care about what goes inside the building. Parks with more kid-oriented stuff sounds great, but it's not necessary, actually. So do how you feel right. ;)

Ok, so far I've placed 12 lots.  lol.  I'm not kidding.  I moved Hogan's Depressing Diner to a lot I made across from Plumbob Backlot.  It was tricky but interesting.  I actually put it on a foundation and gave it some eating area on what would normally be called a deck, (doesn't look like it in this setting), and used 50's type tables and chairs for that spot.  It just made more sense to me to have a diner where someone actually would go to dine, and who better than all the folks at Plumbob?   Then I used the HDD old lot for an observation park.  I mean, you've got this view of the Old Murky that runs around and through BP and folks do like to watch ships coming in so we now have a little park with telescopes and picnic tables and a few scraggly, windswept trees.  Restroom not in yet nor grills.  I plan on a couple of benches, I think the ones from BB would do well.

You know where the road sweeps past the science facility?  It heads out into the water.  Ten lovely, little 10x15 lots all waiting to be built on.  I've started a house on one of them but I'm rather stymied.  I'm a country cute chick and urban ugly is fighting me hard.  If I make this house white it might be too bright.  I don't want it to be too dingy, it's new construction after all, but I'm hoping Dane will chip in with some advice on it.  So far it is four stories up with a roof top area that will be party central, (or anyway a place to chill), and one story down.
I used an elevator from the basement up but after that it's circular stairs.  I plan on the main level to basically be one huge foyer with all the real living being up higher and down lower.  So, these lots can all be rather like row houses, (except not joined), or there can be "park" area between them.  Haven't decided which.  If park it will have to be on the austere side with fountains to make it pleasant.  Just so you can't reach across and shake your neighbors hand without ever leaving your house.  I'm thinking a lot of glass on the water side and not so much on the city side, but still some for light.  A city at night can be lovely.  Definitely a very modern house.  Do you have the store items with the furturistic stuff?  That would be perfect in there.

I'm still wondering, if I actually wind up finishing this huge project, how on earth do I upload an entire town?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #374 on: June 20, 2011, 02:14:40 AM »
Joria, sounds awe-so-me so far! Loving your ideas, I'm sure my legacy family will too. That sounds like a huge amount of work - are you sure you don't want a cup of coffee? ;D I'll download anything from the store that's free, but unfortunately my Simpoint count stays at an eternal zero. ::) I think you should ask Naga about that last bit. He knows better. ;D