Author Topic: What's your current project?  (Read 84609 times)

McHazy

Re: What's your current project?
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2014, 06:52:50 AM »
I'm preparing for The Sims 4 by playing the Isle of the Midnight Sun challenge with just base game, WA & Ambitions installed (no store content, either) to make it extra hard on me and my sim. Also, for old times sake I'm playing Sunset Valley. Playing with as little content as possible will help me transition over easier (well that's the idea!).

Edited - to add that Ambitions is installed too for Sunset Valley. I can't live without it!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »
I'm still working on my immortal dynasty. As a side project, I am recreating my own home in the game. The roof looks so simple in real life but my game is refusing to do what I want it to do! Also, I am planning to explore The Sims 2 but I suppose this thread is really only about The Sims 3.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2014, 12:02:45 AM »
I'm working on three projects right now. My Steel Random Town Jump, another try at MarianT's Restoring Similization, and another Terra Random Legacy. Not to mention trying to learn how to play Sims 2. It's a good thing that I'm retired! LOL

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2014, 12:30:19 PM »
Currently working on completing all the lifetime wishes I've never tried. Also, doing my first Speed Legacy. It's harder than it sounds because the lifespan is on short! It's a challenge getting my Sims to accomplish anything :P

Offline Vegangeekgirl

• Townie
« Reply #274 on: August 11, 2014, 11:49:47 AM »
I haven't been able to play for years now because my computer developed some kind of problem with the fans making it overheat and shut down after a few minutes of playing.
Haven't been able to replace it until now. I have been playing Sims Freeplay during the time I couldn't play Sims 3, there has also been some major updates since I was able to play it.
Trying to remember how to play basically, I know most of the game but some parts I forgotten about during the time I haven't played, finding out things that are changed with the updates.
(I struggled with severe depression which means I forgotten more things on how to play than I normally would)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #275 on: August 12, 2014, 06:26:39 PM »
Last week, when I was looking for something else, I found my Life States Dynasty that was just in its infancy when I misplaced it. I've started that up again and the 4th generation has just been born. Yes, I'm really looking forward to playing an absent-minded, virtuoso werewolf.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2014, 04:03:53 AM »
I've got a mod sitting on my hard drive gathering dust, so I really need to finish it up and work out the kink that's left in it. It's a pain, the game doesn't let you modify files on the hard drive, but I've got a legitimate reason to do so, which means I have to figure out a way to do it with, essentially, no help from the game. It's like trying to save a file, but with no way to do so except a very obscure one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2014, 11:24:49 AM »
I'm getting into a new all you can play simself legacy  - it's going to be interesting because I will try to max the home designer hotshot - something I have never been able to do before.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #278 on: August 19, 2014, 11:25:29 AM »
I'm now starting gen 4 of a life states and have just completed an immortal dynasty, yay!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #279 on: August 19, 2014, 02:29:17 PM »
I came to the Forum too late to do the Writing Challenge in the Tournament from a few years ago, so I'm trying that in Midnight Hollow. I've added a twist, though. My writer sim has to become friends with a different person and then write a book (any kind) about them.

I spend the rest of my time reading about Sims 4.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #280 on: August 19, 2014, 03:45:31 PM »
I came to the Forum too late to do the Writing Challenge in the Tournament from a few years ago, so I'm trying that in Midnight Hollow. I've added a twist, though. My writer sim has to become friends with a different person and then write a book (any kind) about them.

I spend the rest of my time reading about Sims 4.

You and me both  8)

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #281 on: August 20, 2014, 03:30:12 AM »
I made Handsome Squidward, plopped him down in Sunlit Tides, and now I'm just sort of playing it on a whim to see what happens. Point is, I made Handsome Squidward.

The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

McHazy

« Reply #282 on: August 20, 2014, 04:41:26 PM »
I'm right down to the basics now! Base game only, no store items....just the base game and the patches. My game runs so smoothly now, but this is all in the name of training myself for the Sims 4 as it will just be a base game..  :)

My project for the next little while is what I am calling "The Single Ladies" project. I created one female in CAS, placed her in SV and started her in the athletics career. Once she is at level 5, she must become pregnant with a girl who will grow up and complete her own unique career and so on. Once I've covered all the base game careers, the challenge is complete. No extra members of the household are allowed, just my female and her heirs. No moving house either! I'm just doing this to pass the time, but to also find out how long it would take to Max out all the careers and how much money it can make. :-)

Offline wesleysnipez

• Nooboo
« Reply #283 on: August 27, 2014, 02:37:56 AM »
My current project is with my Tony Montana legacy on Island Paradise. I'm all ready starting build massive Mausoleum staring at Basement 1 and expanding to B4 with unsued land around house below ground since I'm running out room to store Tombstones above ground since this legacy has been through 15 generations so far and when I start back up the 16 generation will be active since only the mother of generation 15 is alive and kids are all adults with grand kids. Through out the generations the house has changed very little and son of each generation owns and operates Tony Montana Resort empire he started to build since he own all of the resorts and has built one from ground zero to 5 star status. My best legacy to date Tony Montana and Elvira Hancock.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #284 on: August 31, 2014, 04:25:39 PM »
OMG, so much drama in my simself dynasty. My sims never do such crazy things when I am just playing around, but as soon as I have a goal set out they start acting up.

I have gotten halfway through the home design hotshot career, something I have never even been close to completing before and I send simkids to boarding school for the first time too. So much left to explore in the sims 3! Do the kids even come home from boarding school by themselves or should I call them home to age them up? Tips appreciated.

anything