Author Topic: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty (9.15.18)  (Read 92348 times)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Couples Counseling 2/17/14
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 09:16:35 AM »
Aw, Ima must be having lots of fun with three screaming nooboos!! Sam reminds me of my dad! Except for the fact, I'm pretty sure sims are actually allowed to do that  ::) Yay for Izzy!! She completed her lifetime wish. I think therapy for Franny and Dekit really helped.

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 01:31:33 PM »
Triplets for the win! Good luck on that. We want to see those rainboos running around everywhere. Oh wait, they don't run.
Izzy has no plans of marrying? D:
At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2014, 02:14:04 PM »
Aw, Ima must be having lots of fun with three screaming nooboos!! Sam reminds me of my dad! Except for the fact, I'm pretty sure sims are actually allowed to do that  ::) Yay for Izzy!! She completed her lifetime wish. I think therapy for Franny and Dekit really helped.
Ima's actually doing just fine, it's Dekit that that sarcasm should be applied to as he's home alone with the kids for the duration of the morning and afternoon. He's the only one with a stay-at-home job. Which I prefer, as I wouldn't trust a babysitter with my triplets, nor when they become toddlers - someone has to work on their skills! At first I thought the holiday that was coming up in the week was a bad thing (meaning I would be struggling with careers because of the forced day-off) but it timed perfectly with toddlerhood so I can focus on everyone toddler training them for the day as well as playtime.
Franny and Dekit are much better now, but now I feel guilty for keeping them in the house with the triplets. They're such a great help to Sam and Ima, but I've already doomed Izzy to living alone without children or a family... I'd hate to do that to those two too.

Triplets for the win! Good luck on that. We want to see those rainboos running around everywhere. Oh wait, they don't run.
Izzy has no plans of marrying? D:
Thanks! I'll need it come toddler time! Izzy, unfortunately, cannot marry. The house is full and I desperately need her skills up until her end. Honestly, and this is something I've gone back and forth over for a long time now, I keep thinking I should let Franny and Dekit go. If I don't they'll be doomed to a life like Izzy (with no children, nor a life of their own asides the triplets), and Izzy will die alone. If I do let them go, I can possibly have Izzy adopt a child, or get married, or something to make her elderhood that much better.

So question for my readers, should Dekit and Franny move out?
Positives: Izzy can get married or adopt a child, she can have a small family before she passes, Dekit and Franny will be able to have children too then, which will lead to happiness in their family.
Negatives: I'll be losing a painter from the family, and I'll be sad to see them leave. I'm not guaranteed a child by them either.

This is tough. Let me know what you guys think.

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2014, 02:44:50 PM »
How come your portraits look so good! My portraits look horrible and blurry. Anyway now that I've got that out my system, you can have her adopt a child, I guess. And enslave the kid into painting.  :P Kidding aside, Franny and Dekit seem to have a bipolar relationship and things might end turbulent without the Livvie intervention. Whereas Izzy dies accomplished. I'm not sure myself, if she dies she'll end up leaving her adopted child/ren. That would be sad.

This is making me think more than I do for my stories.  :'( :-\ ;D

Okay. I've made my mind. I'll miss Izzy but my vote goes for the couple! (in staying) I suppose you can have one of your rainboos to paint? They're still young after all.
At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2014, 03:59:00 PM »
How come your portraits look so good! My portraits look horrible and blurry. Anyway now that I've got that out my system, you can have her adopt a child, I guess. And enslave the kid into painting.  :P Kidding aside, Franny and Dekit seem to have a bipolar relationship and things might end turbulent without the Livvie intervention. Whereas Izzy dies accomplished. I'm not sure myself, if she dies she'll end up leaving her adopted child/ren. That would be sad.

This is making me think more than I do for my stories.  :'( :-\ ;D

Okay. I've made my mind. I'll miss Izzy but my vote goes for the couple! (in staying) I suppose you can have one of your rainboos to paint? They're still young after all.
I'm going to go ahead and link to this, I'm not sure if it goes against rules or not, so if Mod sees this and determines it is I'll remove it, but I have a fix in my game that allows me to have clearer portraits. Obviously it's still a mod for the game, but it's ultimately harmless. It fixes the still life quality and portrait quality. It doesn't on all occasions though - I had Dekit paint 2 portraits of Sam simply because the first one was pretty blurry, the second time was better though. Anyways, that mod is this one: Shimrods Quality Fixer. I adore this mod, it does very little to affect gameplay - it just makes portraits look clearer. It doesn't affect the $$ amount you get for it, it just is visually pleasing to the eyes.

Alright, that's a good reason for them to stay, what in the world would they do without me?!  ;D Hehe. ;)

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2014, 05:56:35 PM »
I think they should move out. Izzy has been such a wonderful contribution to the family that I think she deserves one of her own.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Changes 2/17/14
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2014, 12:29:41 AM »
I think they should move out. Izzy has been such a wonderful contribution to the family that I think she deserves one of her own.
I have to say this is the way I've been leaning for a long time, I think she deserves happiness.

Chapter 13: Changes
It didn't take long to decide. I had to have Dekit make the call. He would always be welcome back home if things were to go awry for him, but for the most part, I wanted him to fly away and enjoy his life - even have some children of his own.

So Franny and Dekit decided to move out on their own. It was for the best of everyone.

I waited for a while, then I had Izzy make an important call herself. Tonight was the triplets birthdays, so there would be a lot of cake and interruption in the house.

Izzy also had a wish to upgrade 5 objects, of which she had already done 4 of them, so I encouraged her to finish up that nice wish as well.

So as another happy couple got back from their date, we had a new arrival.

I would like everyone to meet Eliza, Izzy's adopted daughter.

She's got the Vegetarian trait, Athletic trait, and much like her adoptive mother, the Family Oriented trait.

She also has the tendency to dress as a pirate.

Quite the adorable pirate, really.

The adorable pirate whom has to do homework.
"Ah man, I just got here though!"
Sorry love, you'll be on a vacation soon though.

This adorable pirate also got a wish to paint.
Oh darling, you have no idea how much I adore you right now.
"Painting just sounds... fun."
Just... uh... don't mention it to Izzy, kay?
"Uh, ok?"
"Don't you even think about chaining her to an easel!" Izzy stormed.
Hey, in all fairness, she asked.
"Why would you do such a thing Eliza?! You're throwing your life away!"
It's best she wishes for it, then at least I know she doesn't mind when I make her do it anyways.
"You're cruel."
I love you too Izzy. Anyways, I wanted to do something special for you two, is that ok or not?
"Don't you try to butter me up..."

On another note, the triplets all aged up, this was a slow and tedious process, but I think Ima managed it well.
Reid was up first.

He ends up having his mother's hair and eyes with his father's mouth (whom he inherited from his mother, and whom she inherited from Quinn Flanagan. The mouth will live on!) the nose I can never tell at this stage.

Next up by order of birth was Reia.

Reia has an anomaly hair color the shade of puke brown, which was adjusted for my hatred of the puke brown hair color that I have no idea how she managed to get with a mother with grey/blue hair and a father with blue/green hair.

Finally was Rose, who decided to mix things up a bit and start the house on fire. Oh well, I suppose you can't have everything go smoothly when you have triplets, as that would simply contradict the idea of having triplets.

Thankfully, Izzy had the guts to put the fire out before it got out of hand. Insurance paid us $280 for damages (though the cost of the counter was $500 and the the cake was another $30, so way to fail insurance!) and after a few clicks and some replacement things were back on their way and Rose finally became a toddler.

She is - much to the delight of her father - a complete carbon copy of her mother. In this case I'm very sure that nose is her mother's, as is that mouth, eyes and hair. Adorable, really.

Unfortunately readers, that's all I have for you as I have an interview tomorrow and my nerves are all in a twist about it.
Oh - asides this - Dekit and Franny have announced their first pregnancy. I had a feeling this would all work out, and it did.
Next stop for the Nixs' - a vacation! Where that will be has yet to be determined, but I suppose you'll find out next time with us! Ta-ta now!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Changes 2/17/14
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2014, 09:06:38 AM »
Good luck with your interview!

I think having Dekit and Franny move out was a good idea, it gives them space, and also frees up the household. Eliza is a cutie, and the fact that she rolled the wish to paint makes her the perfect artist to chain to the easel! makes her even more adorable  ;D It's really interesting to see how the genetics passed down with the three triplets.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: The Many Faces of Toddlers 2/18/14
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
Good luck with your interview!

I think having Dekit and Franny move out was a good idea, it gives them space, and also frees up the household. Eliza is a cutie, and the fact that she rolled the wish to paint makes her the perfect artist to chain to the easel! makes her even more adorable  ;D It's really interesting to see how the genetics passed down with the three triplets.
Now you're getting the idea! Haha! No, I'm trying my best to give my Sims some enjoyment time, especially now that I have 3 Motive Mobiles to be tossed around (those are my secret weapon in why everyone is doing so well - shh, don't tell anyone!). I kind of feel bad for Izzy as she now has the short end of the stick being stuck with the toddlers alone, but thankfully it's just for 2 days, nothing too traumatic! Eliza is adorable, I also sense she isn't a pudding face, just like her mother. I ADORE FAMILY-ORIENTED NON-PUDDING FACE adoptive children. Ahem, sorry about that.
The triplets are adorably mixed though. Equal parts of both, except for Rose who appears to be all her mama (which I'm not complaining about).

Anyways, let's enjoy their many faces, shall we?

Warning: There will be toddler spam. I refuse to apologize for it. Their cuteness may cause awe-struck faces, unusual giggle fits and potentially death. You have been warned.

Chapter 14: The Many Faces of Toddlers
Izzy was put to work at training our heir, he needs all the help he can get to get a nice head start, but with Izzy training him (thanks to the greatest trait of all time - Family Oriented) it's really a breeze.

Meanwhile, Sam and Ima worked on Reia and Rose (respectively) teaching them to talk.

In record time, Sam was potty trained.
"Thank goodness for that." Izzy sighed loudly.
Talking time!
"Can't I spend time with my daughter now?"
Not yet, you're going to France tomorrow afternoon after Sam gets off work, you'll get all the time you could possibly want with her there, ok?
"Deal."

Now I'm going to give you a brief glimpse into the minds of our toddlers:
(Oh! Dolly!)

(Dolly don't look too good, Dolly should have the problem removed. Hold still Dolly.)

Rose, growing disgruntled. (Dolly! Why won't your head come off! Your head is a problem!)

(Why. No. Come. Off?!)

Rose breaks down into disgruntled cries and continues to smash the doll into the dollhouse.

(Hm, blocks. If I remember the steps right it should be... step one: put block in mouth to ensure entry into correct shaped hole.)

(Step two: look up at the sky and try to bang block into correct shaped hole.)

(No, no, no! Why no fit?! Fine. Restart. Look up and put other block into correctly shaped hole.)

(No, no! I missed step one! Now I have to start all over again. Step one: put block into mouth.)

(Step two: put in correct hole.)

(No! No! No! Wah!) Reia bursts into tears and cannot tolerate the growing frustration.

(Oh look! A thing! It looks like a lolly! I should put it in my mouth!)

(Bleck! Why no taste like lolly? You look like a lolly...)

Growing frustration. (Why you no lolly?!) Bangs the stick into the xylophone.

(Ohmygosh what was that?!)

(It made noise! Do it again! Do it again!)

Anyway, back to your regular viewings.
Triple potty training!

Oh, what's that? Oh, Eliza came home, she's now doing her homework - with an A in school after only a day! Yes, I am bragging.

"Thank you!"
Are you ready to party in France?!
"Absolutely!"
You've only been here a day and you've definitely earned it!
"Yay!"
Oh! Sam's home! Sam's home! Sam's home! Make the call Izzy!

"Yes, four tickets to Champs Les Sims please, and hurry, I think the toddlers are plotting something!"

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2014, 05:20:21 PM »
Just make sure another dynasty doesn't kidnap Eliza. Or make sure she isn't there to sabotage you. She seems a little too perfect.

I like conspiracy theories.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 04:47:18 PM »
I've never played any dynasties before, so I'm learning the best from you! I loved the warning! Just added to my list; use child for painting  ;) And the toddler spam!! Awww! Now, toddler spam is a spam that I don't mind. I could just see the three toddlers plotting something together . . .   ::)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Hello from France 2/19/14
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2014, 06:45:53 PM »
Just make sure another dynasty doesn't kidnap Eliza. Or make sure she isn't there to sabotage you. She seems a little too perfect.

I like conspiracy theories.

I share your love of conspiracy theories and I've been skeptical of her since this was posted...
I get the feeling the first is more likely to happen then the latter, but she still has two randomly-rolled traits to go! Who knows what can happen with those?

I've never played any dynasties before, so I'm learning the best from you! I loved the warning! Just added to my list; use child for painting  ;) And the toddler spam!! Awww! Now, toddler spam is a spam that I don't mind. I could just see the three toddlers plotting something together . . .   ::)
I have attempted many of the Regular Dynasty (Immortal Dynasties) but never completed any of them before. I've also tried the Life State's Dynasty. The Short Dynasty, which tricky, is much easier in my opinion and stays fresh from all the new faces that come and go very quickly. It also teaches you how to multitask very, very well. I have to say that achieving a lifetime wish while maxing a skill and a career can get boring after a while, but when you're on a time table like mine... (1 day infant, 2 days toddler, 2 days child, 4 days a teen, 6 days per YA/A, and finally a few days to spare for your Elder - I think they can live to be 27 days or so) you learn to forget all the "don't use exploits" rules and start embracing all of those wonderful little helpers like the tabcasts and the Motive Mobile and the cheaty Swift-Grow gardening station. You'll use every helpful elixir, sell every last tiberium... It's a lot of fun and I highly recommend it!

Anyways, let's see how our Nix family is handling France, yeah?

Chapter 15: Hello From France!
The arrival in France lent me the opportunity to have Izzy and Eliza get to know each other. One thing Izzy always regretted was not really getting to be friends with her adoptive mother until she was fully grown.

A few chats and pillow fights seemed to alleviate the fear of never getting to know her daughter.

By the end of the first hour they were fast friends. They had a shared bond now.

Sam has been diligently working to get his 30 hours of skill tutoring in.

Ima loves her husband, so she's happy to oblige him. Though Sam is working hard on his skilling, I want everyone to know that it is really by choice. This vacation does have some requirements I need to get done in, yes, but I'm also doing my very best to fulfill every wish I possibly can while here.
Including the fact that both Izzy and Eliza wanted to meet a local and visit the Cafe and Nectary respectively.

Izzy met her local in the France-Fashion, while Eliza settled on a casual wave.

Izzy wanted a fulfilled life and I wanted a house for the rest of my generations to come to to skill later on, so we both agreed on some light adventuring. I decided I would do basic tombs with her, but mostly just asking others on dates. Izzy had so many Lifetime Happiness points saved up that I was able to buy her the observant reward AND the attractive reward without even putting a dent in it.

Night was beginning to fall on their fist day (of six) there, and Ima and Sam went outside for a change in scenery.

It was funny though, apparently Ima maxed her logic skill on Sam's tutoring before he was finished with the challenge. In panic, I had him learn the photography skill to tell her about when suddenly I realized there was another who wouldn't mind listening to her uncle ramble on about logic - not to mention it made them fast friends - he also

Also, Izzy and I became very perplexed when we saw a chubby man with a six-pack... can someone explain this?

"That is just wrong on so many levels."
Be nice Izzy!
"Aw, please. I'm old dear, I can say whatever I want. I'm taking full advantage of the fact that old people don't need filters."
It's kind of funny how true that is.
Meanwhile, I noticed some of the other tourist were getting eyes for Ima while Sam's back was turned, I promptly decided to fix this issue.

"What's the French word for 'back off, she's mine?'"
I would say "No" is a pretty universal word.

While Eliza slept, Izzy went out to do some minor tomb searches, unfortunately this took a lot longer than expected because the Watcher was trying to keep up with both her AND Sam staring on his Chess Matches for his supermax.

Which, by the way, is a very difficult thing to when everyone who ever lived in France is trying to use that very same chess board.

So here's an Izzy/Sam montage:

Izzy also got a chance to work on her Nectar Making (for a quest, of course):

For those of you who are worried, Ima was spending some quality time with her niece.

Sam was also at Rank 3 in the chess division.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Hello From France! 2/19/14
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2014, 07:10:02 PM »
It's really great that Izzy and Eliza so close now. I think it's really cute when sims greet each other when they are visiting Champ Les Sims, as that is very common in that culture. Even to people you've just met!

I think I might give a go at a Short Dynasty. I had all these intentions of staring an Immortal Dynasty challenge, and I'm trying, but it's so long. I get bored quickly with most files and I start a new one. A Short Dynasty might just be the best of both worlds, as it's a Dynasty Challenge, but it's not so long Edited it to add: with each generation.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2014, 07:48:30 PM »
If you do, and you can handle it, I'd love to see a story on it, it's a very fun little challenge. Just pick your favorite town and have fun! It goes so quickly! It's hard to get bored, and if you do grow bored, wait a few minutes and you'll have a new Sim to mess around with!
I highly recommend a story progression mod if you do do this though, because townies will drop like flies after the first two generations and you'll be stuck with empty schools and forced to marry the pizzaman. Story Progression has worked thus far for my game, though I'm not too far in comparatively, but it should help combat that.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2014, 09:10:16 PM »
Are you implying you need to be old to completely lack a verbal filter?! And only in Sims is an old lady and child smacking each other with pillows a normal way to bond.

Green Witch Legacy