Author Topic: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty (9.15.18)  (Read 92322 times)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty (Chapter 5 2/5/14)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 06:53:24 PM »
This always makes me laugh  :) The boys look very handsome. The contrast that Dekit's has between his bright eyes and his black hair is amazing! I love how the two look together.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 07:43:55 AM »
This is funny! I will have my Sim steal your chess table, and if possible, Aiden and I wonder who little Sammy will marry, as I've not played through Dragon Valley long enough to see descendants.
At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 09:55:46 AM »
This is so much fun to read! You are hilarious! :)
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Becoming of Age 2/9/14
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 03:49:06 PM »
This always makes me laugh  :) The boys look very handsome. The contrast that Dekit's has between his bright eyes and his black hair is amazing! I love how the two look together.
Aw, thank you, they're a really fun family. :) Dekit is all his mom, well, with his dad's skin tone I guess. He has a really nice contrast though.

Love the star naming. I used to be so clever. Now they're all New Name.
Haha me too! Now I'm just trying to keep track of how many for the Supermax so all he gets is numbers.

This is funny! I will have my Sim steal your chess table, and if possible, Aiden and I wonder who little Sammy will marry, as I've not played through Dragon Valley long enough to see descendants.
That chess table is one of my favorites, came with Into the Future. Aiden is such a perfect mixture of his parents. As for Sam, I've got my eyes on a gorgeous townie child right now. Her name is Ariel, she's an O'Connell, but she somehow got rainbow skin (she also has Delaney in her too). Her skin color looks pale blue/green while her hair is fiery orange. I definitely want those genes. As soon as I can get Sam to stalk her home one day befriend her, I'll have her picture and my final vote on if she'll be the spouse or not (I do have backup plans, including a child from Zoe Cromos and a Lawless girl waiting).

This is so much fun to read! You are hilarious! :)
Thank you! I do try! :)

Anyways, I do believe we're on chapter 6, no?

Chapter 6: Becoming of Age
Anyways, I'm going to start this update with Tessa, because I feel bad that she was neglected in the last update.
"As you should feel bad, because I'm amazing."
Well, you are about to max out Athletics, then you'll be free from the house.
"You're going to miss me."
Honestly, I think I just might

Ara was back at home, working in her garden - it seems I can't keep her out of there no matter how hard I try.

"Pfft, oh please, you're the one who ordered me to clean the garden up since Izzy's been so busy with other skills."
Erm... oh look! Sammy! What number of star are we at today?
"Uhm, I believe I'm at seven now..."

And you're at level 9 in the logic skill, you're just wonderful.
"Aww, shucks."
Izzy is at 2/3 of maxed skills for her career, woo!

"Don't make me accidentally mess something up here, I'd hate to electrocute myself."
Oh sorry... erm... I guess I'll just wait over here until the boys are ready to become teenagers...

"You're pretty lucky this is a short dynasty, Watcher, otherwise we would've enjoyed the quiet a little longer."
Oh hush. You know you all love me.
"Let's just let the boys age up, ok?"
Fine, fine.

So Dekit and Sam aged up without attending a single hour of school, which resulted in interesting traits.

Dekit got the Gatherer trait, and he also got to keep his "I'm a tortured-teenage-soul" eyebrow look.

And Sam, who aged up to look eerily like his grandfather (Quinn Flanagan), gained the Sailor trait and got a makeover.

I can't wait to get these boys to school so I can have Sam chatting up a beautiful girl named Ariel, who will likely be his spouse.
"Hey, wait a minute, I haven't even met this girl and you've decided that she's my spouse-to-be?"
Oh, honey, welcome to the world of being a heir. Oh, and you have met her. Story Progression (thank goodness!) allows me to see everyone you would define as "coworkers" essentially, so I know everyone who goes to school with you. You have two backup options if Ariel simply won't work with you, but I think you'll really like her. She's a doll.
Sam only grumbled and went back to searching the galaxy while Dekit took his teenage angst to the easel.

On a completely unrelated note, Ara has been very lonely these last few years of her life. She's been a widowed mother of five, raising her children by herself. In a way it's given her strength, but in other ways it's made her realize how much she misses her husband. She's rolled the wish to get married countless times after losing Bradan, but I mostly ignored them to focus on raising her babies, now that she's in her prime, I decided I would have her seek another partner. And who decides to call? The single Breandan O'Shea.

He actually calls to ask her on dates frequently, and I always let her go, but give her privacy. It wasn't until she went to the Consignment Store to drop off a few more red berry beans when she ran into him again and I encouraged active flirting.

Funny thing was, I pushed her all the way to engagement, but she never rolled the wish to get married.

So I took that as a sign that maybe she changed her mind after all these years, and let her go home. Where she promptly looked out the window sadly at her son.

I'm only narrating this because I think that sometimes Sims really have a mind of their own, and in this case, her actions speak louder than her words.

Back to birthdays - Izzy had her full-adult birthday.

"Oh no, no, no! Not the wrinkles!"
Really? A midlife crisis after ALL you've done in your life?
"Oh dear, look at all these wrinkles, I just can't stand it!"

Tessa actually was almost to maxing her Athletic skill and moving on from the house.

Actually, shortly after this picture she did complete it, and she was promptly kicked out. I missed the screenshot, though, unfortunately.
Izzy, after all her panic, switched over to Angler tabcasts and went back to where it all started - painting.

Ara began working on something mysterious as a dying gift for her heir.

And Aiden aged up to gain his final trait - Irresistible.

He will be staying as well to try to max out logic, and maybe his lifetime wish, but he only has 3 days to do it!
Meanwhile, will we get to meet his gorgeous Ariel? Will she be everything Sam hoped she could be? What is Ara working on for her son? Will Aiden make it to his lifetime wish? Does he even want to?
Will the Watcher lose her mind?
Oh - wait, that already happened.
Anyways, maybe some of these questions will get answered in the next update!

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty (Chapter 6 2/9/14)
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 10:09:20 PM »
That face Dekit made.  :o This actually makes me want to play with rainbow genes but uh, when I don't have my hands full. I wanna meet Ariel! And the others. With all the spouse candidates, it makes me wonder if Ariel will actually be the one.

Uhuh. To ponder on that.
At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 05:00:21 PM »
I have to agree that sims really do have a mind of their own, and their own personalities develop as you play them, more and more. The pink and the green on Sam is awesome!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kavey

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 08:58:37 PM »
Oh, Izzy is such a doll, even with wrinkles! I hope Ara can figure out what she wants, one because she seems so sad and two Watcher knows how long she'll live! :'( And I will eagerly await the unveiling of this mysterious little mermaid that is destined for Sam!  ;D Thanks for the update!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 09:26:41 PM »

Of course Aiden would grow up to be irresistible. He's so gorgeous!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Matchmaking Party 2/11/14
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 12:44:31 AM »
That face Dekit made.  :o This actually makes me want to play with rainbow genes but uh, when I don't have my hands full. I wanna meet Ariel! And the others. With all the spouse candidates, it makes me wonder if Ariel will actually be the one.

Uhuh. To ponder on that.
Haha, I love Dekit's faces, he's really a fun character. I think I'm going to keep him in the house with his twin.
You get to meet her this round, actually. She's gorgeous, but I'm going back and forth on whether or not that she's "the one."

I have to agree that sims really do have a mind of their own, and their own personalities develop as you play them, more and more. The pink and the green on Sam is awesome!
It actually made me very sad to see Ara so... unsure. She's really never been. Sam is adorable, and I think he's got the perfect mixture of genes to remind me of Ara and Bradan for the time to come.

Oh, Izzy is such a doll, even with wrinkles! I hope Ara can figure out what she wants, one because she seems so sad and two Watcher knows how long she'll live! :'( And I will eagerly await the unveiling of this mysterious little mermaid that is destined for Sam!  ;D Thanks for the update!
Izzy is a doll! My goodness I LOVE her. She's incredible! Honestly, she could've single-handled made up half the points I already did if they were to count (adopted children of the heir don't count, only born children). She's maxed gardening and handiness, at level 8 in painting and is thiiiiis close to maxing fishing. She even supermaxed gardening, and is at level 8 in her career. In fact, I sent her into work with an empty career bar, she ate a perfect basil and worked hard. I checked on her at 9:40 (She starts work at 9) and she already had her career bar maxed. It's insane how amazing she is sometimes.
I hope she does too! She just can't seem to make a decision, and I have no intention of pushing her to. I think she misses Bradan, and that's why she wanted to get married, but when actually pushed with the idea of marrying someone else she seemed to cave and not want it anymore.
Hopefully I find Sam "the one" but I can't make any promises. Maybe he will have a perfect relationship, or maybe he'll end up like Ara and not realize how much he loves the girl I put him with until his deathbed.

Of course Aiden would grow up to be irresistible. He's so gorgeous!
Haha, I was wondering if someone would mention that. I feel sorry for the poor guy. His lifetime wish will be nearly impossible (that stupid unlucky trait, it seems to curse every game he's played). He's definitely a handsome boy though!

Anyways, onward - to find Sam a love... or to arrange a painful marriage like I did for Ara!

Chapter 7: Matchmaking Party
We'll start this update with Ara, who is listening to Hip-Hop music and playing a racing game.
Ara is what I call, the cool grandma.

"Hey! I'm not a grandma!"
Not yet at least, and Tessa doesn't seem to be interested in boys much, you might never be a grandma, actually.
"Oh well, I like to believe I'm too young for that."
Sure... You keep telling yourself that and I won't tell you you're in denial.
"Thanks."

Aiden has been grinding on his logic skill.

"I thought we talked about completing my lifetime wish?"
Honey, I have two days after today to make it count, and quite honestly you lost your first 4 matches to one person. I have to say it - 'ain't nobody got time for dat.'
"Pfft. I can't believe you."
Sorry dear, I can let you stay here and complete it, but it won't count towards anything if you do or rather, by the time you do, except you wouldn't be able to find love or have children, and I don't want to deny you that in your short lifetime.
"Thanks, I guess?"

Anyways, Sam got invited to a guy friends house afterschool. Dekit didn't, but he's a loner type, so I had him do what all loner-types do...

"Hey maaa? I'm going to throw a party!"
"Say what?"
"A party? There's a lot of girls at school and I think we should see which ones work best with Sam."
"Oh, a matchmaking party?" Ara raised her eyebrows. "Make the call, Dekit."

"Yeah, absolutely! Invite all the girls!"
I checked in on Sam, and made sure he invited the poor guy he went home after school with so as to not be rude, but I found him chatting up his friends mother.

Sam! Quit that! She's old enough to be your mother! In fact, she's likely a day away from elder!
"But she's hot..."
Heh, I find this completely ironic, but none of the readers know of my failed lifestates dynasty. Quick - story time! Remember how I said Ara was a twin? Funnily enough that I forgot about this, her twin who turned out to be the vampire of the family was named Sam. I had completely forgotten about that until I remember that I actually married Sam off to Susie Sackholme (seen above with Sam from this Dynasty) who was a fairy at the time, and they had twins. When I found Sam chatting up Susie I almost died laughing when I remembered the coincidence. Anyways, end of story time.
"That was a lame story."
Oh shush and get home, Dekit's party for you is starting. Don't make his 5k lifetime reward that is unfitting of his traits go to waste.

The girls were arriving! Let's see our candidates!
To start, we have Johanna Dwyer-Lawless.

Positives about her: she and Sam have a spark, she seems into logic, and she's on the rainbow skin slider.

Negatives about her: seems neurotic, an absolute flirt and she has a boyfriend - awkward.

Next, we have Francisca Kelly wait, wait... what's going on here?

Erm...

Awww. Ok, so moving on.

Next is Fatima Dolan O'Shea.

Pros about Fatima: GENETICALLY INHERITED FRECKLES, rainbow skin, interesting features, party girl (could possibly be a con).
Cons: I'm a name-ist. I think her name is a little too strange. I completely admit that's a huge turn off for me. It's not un-fixable, but it's still a con. She's also a flirt and in a relationship.

Now we have Natalia Sackholme-Cromos.

Pros: gorgeous rainbow skin, interesting genetic background.
Cons: still a child, so I'm unable to determine if she's got interesting genetics to work with.

One of our final contenders: Liliana Eames.

Pros: Rainbow slider genes for the win!
Cons: Older, and is currently pregnant. Though in a few days you'd be amazed at what can change!

Sam had been chatting around the party for a while, meeting a few girls and taking a few numbers.

Dekit got his first kiss and really seemed to meet his match. He was very awkward when talking to her at first, but she was very forgiving and kind. Thankfully, that heat-of-the-moment kiss resulted in something like this:

While Sam's night was going a little something like this:

Of course, the only girl Sam really got on with was his mother.

Then she arrived, and while she wasn't any more special than the other girls there, I had been rooting for her silently.

Ariel O'Connell-Delaney

Pros: She's an absolute doll. Oh. My. Watcher. Gorgeous. That hair, her eyes, just wow. She's a show-stopping stunner.
The cons:

No spark, not at all, in fact, she seemed to be feeling that Sam was awkward for some reason and the first thing he had to do was apologize to her. I'm not sure why. Maybe it was because he had been sitting outside her house the previous night trying to meet her?

Anyways, that really wraps up the list of girls I would feel comfortable with Sam going after, but none of them really stuck out to me more than Ariel, but at the same point she's also not on the rainbow slider which could make for some difficult babies (and I was pretty panicked when Aiden wasn't heir, so as I'm doing the math in my head it doesn't look pretty). How about I throw up a poll and we'll see what happens? It will have to be a short one, and I may or may not follow what it says, but I'm curious to see who everyone feels is the most appropriate choice for a wife for Sam.

Anyways, let's go ahead and do a general overview of the house and I'll throw up a silly poll to see about a nice wife for Sam.
Tessa has been fishing a lot.

Ara has been working on her gift for Sam.

Aiden's grinding up logics.

And the twins are being teenage boys.

"Wooo! Field trip!"
"Yeah! High-five me broth-a!"

Anyways, let me know what you think about a potential wife here - poll closed! Thank you!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty (Chapter 7 2/11/14)
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 04:55:01 PM »
The genetics in Dragon Valley are amazing! I really need to play that town more! I like all the girls, but I of course have a favorite  ::) But I'm not saying! (Unless you want me too, in that case, I will  :P)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 07:06:38 PM »
The genetics in Dragon Valley are amazing! I really need to play that town more! I like all the girls, but I of course have a favorite  ::) But I'm not saying! (Unless you want me too, in that case, I will  :P)
Please do! Express why too! I love knowing who my readers like, and seeing as this isn't an heir poll of any sorts (just seeing what everyone thinks about the potential spouses, really) I'm curious to know why some like who they do, because it gives me ideas and can possibly sway my reasoning on who Sam should marry.

I feel like I should explain the girls again.
All girls are taken, I recently found out now, so Sam will be doing some sad splitting up in order to make his love known, and I'm ok with that. I really want Sam to like my choice for him. When Ara originally started, I was on a ticking time clock. I needed an heir ASAP especially since she didn't start with the max amount of days as a young adult (silly Sims age staggering) and I wasn't entirely sure if the heir would qualify seeing as I intended to use Bradan from the beginning (I never use the poor guy whenever I play, I always go after Quinn Flanagan but with the founder being his daughter I HAD to make him off-limits) and Ara's traits had to be randomized. Sam has a little extra time to really pick a girl he fits well with, and I really want to do that for him.

Here's my opinion (as I stand back from everything) of each candidate based off of how I've seen Sam and (insert girls name here) interact:
Johanna Dwyer-Lawless - In game, she and Sam had made the attraction system notice (though the description was "I love someone who is rich" essentially). Johanna autonomously sought out the chess table, making me believe she might have logic in common with him. She seemed to be a bit neurotic, or something like that as I saw her use the "Freak Out" interaction 3 times in a row. In most other aspects though, she and Sam didn't necessarily seek each other out. I'd say they have a neutral standing as par Sims go.
As for her genes? I love Lawless genes, I always have. Dwyer though, I'm unfamiliar with, so seeing those two names made me feel a little unsure. Johanna doesn't look spectacular by my standards, but she also hasn't had time to grow into her features nor does she have a suitable hairstyle/eyebrow combo that can sometimes distort the way one perceives beauty. I want to see her grow up one more stage, to grow into her features a little more, but honestly she'd make an OK wife for Sam. They got along well when he spoke with her and the attraction doesn't hurt. The only problem I have with her is I always see Story Progression really making her an interesting character, if you know what I mean. She seems to have had 3 different boyfriends and is a RI with about half the towns teenage boys according to SP, which makes me a little uneasy because the only time Story Progression does that is if her traits reflect that.

Fatima Dolan-O'Shea - Fatima seems to be the life of the party (granted, if she WERE to become the spouse of Sam, her name would be "Ima" from that point on) she loved to dance to the stereo and chat with people. She seemed very social and didn't cause an inch of trouble. I believe she and Sam had attraction but I can't recall if she did and what it was she responded with, but I believe they did. It was at this point in my game that I was bouncing between Dekit and Sam so I didn't pay as much attention. I noticed at one point that Fatima had sought out Sam to chat for a bit which gave her brownie points in my book. She has a boyfriend though story progression once brought up that she became a RI with another guy or two, but it's not nearly as bad as Johanna.
As for her genes? The O'Shea brothers (despite that I feel they are clones of each other and half-put together story wise) produce some nice children. I've heard (and seen) wonderful things from Sarah Dolan so I'm not surprised that Fatima is gorgeous. She has a bit of a small nose, but it's kind of cute in a way. I'm even debating keeping that hairstyle on her if she moves in - it just seems very fitting. Obviously, the age-up gods were favorable to her (unlike poor Johanna with that wicked hairstyle/bushy eyebrows) and it shows.

Natalia Sackholme-Cromos - Now I really want everyone to hear me out, Sam didn't interact with Natalia because she was still a child, however as soon as she went home after the party Dekit threw she aged up to teen and grew out of the plantsim hair. I will likely invite her over to examine her more prior to Sam's aging up, but she's really just been a "back up" in my mind. She's young and definitely got the rainbow skin I need to pass on, but Sam is older than her (even if only by a few days, it can make a lot of difference when everything is on short). Honestly, Zoe's nose is a little disgruntling to me, so when I saw "Cromos" in her name it made me feel a little nervous, but who knows? Sam might meet her and she might just be "the one" for all I know, but point is, I don't know enough about her to make a solid decision.

Liliana Eames - Beautiful girl, good family. Sam didn't talk much to her for the same reason he didn't speak to Natalia that much (the age difference wouldn't tell me if they were attracted to one another). She was heavily pregnant at the time, but hey, we all have baggage! Izzy also works with her too, so I'm fairly aware of what skills I could be looking at with her, and I can't complain about having another person to keep an eye on the garden, but honestly, she's kind of like Natalia in the ways that she'd probably be a "last resort" type thing, following only after (the what-if train) Natalia failed. As for her genes? I love the Eames, they always produce nice children, and the good news about her being pregnant is if it doesn't work this time, it might work for next generation!

Ariel O'Connell-Delaney - I was pretty sad to see she and Sam didn't have a good start. The second Sam introduced himself not only was there no attraction, but their friendship meter seemed to be below normal to start and she saw him as being "awkward." I have no idea what happened or how that triggered, but it made me feel so disappointed! She's such a doll! The age-up gods were so favorable to her and she's one of the only Sims I've seen that can rock that hairstyle so well! I was also disappointed to realize that she wasn't on the rainbow skin slider. Ara struggled so much (probably because Esmerelda - her mother - was on the normal skin slider) to produce a rainbow-skinned heir and I really don't want to go through that worry a second time. Granted, from this point on I'd probably plop her down in front of a TV like I did with Ara on Plan C (which brought us Sam and Dekit) for every pregnancy. I felt so tricked because in the relationship panel her hair was so orange that it made her pale skin look like it was faintly green/blue. I thought "Oh my goodness perfect!" I should've guessed sooner that she wasn't actually a rainbow-slider baby as no O'Connell ever is.

Honestly, while I go back and forth, the way I'm leaning falls into many categories.
For the easy road: Fatima, Johanna, Natalia, Ariel, then Liliana. (Would be the order I would take it in).
For romance: Johanna/Fatima, Natalia, Liliana, then Ariel. (I put the girls who did experience attraction up first, followed by the uncertainties, then by the one who wasn't attracted to him).
For my favorite genes: Ariel, Fatima, Johanna, Liliana, then Natalia. (Ariel is a stunner, Fatima is gorgeous, Johanna I am curious about her growing into her features, Liliana is an Eames and I'm terrified of Zoe's nose that could potentially be on Natalia).

I mean, now you can see why I'm struggling so hard to pick and had to throw up a poll! I vary so much on who I wouldn't mind seeing him with. I know I should probably pick Romance and that's probably what I'll do as Fatima is starting to grow more and more appealing with being first on two of my lists, but I REALLY like Ariel's genes.
I dunno. This is too hard.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 07:20:07 PM »
I really like Ariel, she has great genes, and I don't know, she just came across to me as my favorite. But I also like Fatima, she looks like the-girl-next-door. They're my top favorites. But I don't dislike any of them, I'm just neutral on the rest. But Johanna is my least favorite. It might be that she has a similar hair color to Sam. And her track history.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Meeting the One 2/13/14
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2014, 12:03:34 AM »
I really like Ariel, she has great genes, and I don't know, she just came across to me as my favorite. But I also like Fatima, she looks like the-girl-next-door. They're my top favorites. But I don't dislike any of them, I'm just neutral on the rest. But Johanna is my least favorite. It might be that she has a similar hair color to Sam. And her track history.
I really liked Ariel too, but I ended up going with Fatima, simply because not only was she pretty and everything Sam needs in a spouse - but she and Sam have a connection I can't find anywhere else. To be honest, their love story is pretty adorable. So Ima joins our family. :)

Chapter 8.1: Meeting the One
Hello Readers, it is the Watcher speaking here, and I do have quite a story to tell you. I spent a lot of time on this file one night, I sent Sam over to both Fatima's and Ariel's houses on separate days and did similar interactions to see what would happen. I'll start from the beginning. After the field trip, I hiked Sam over to meet Fatima, she was out in her yard and she was crying. This caught me off guard - I had no idea why. I had Sam cheer her up and console her for a while before doing some mild flirting. I also found out she was recently single, which amazed me as she was taken prior. She openly cried to Sam and suddenly, right before things got too far with them, her great-grandmother (Wynn was somehow still alive) died. She ran inside and Sam watched her cry her heart out from outside.
I felt it would be awful to take advantage of a girl who was grieving so soon, so I sent him home for the night. The next day I sent him over to Ariel's house and started up the exact same treatment - mild small talk moving on to some flirting. Ariel responded neutrally to the flirting, only shrugging her shoulders and nodding while smiling forcefully. Sam couldn't get through to her no matter how hard he tried, and it dawned on me, that he really should be over comforting Fatima rather than wasting his time earning the affections of a girl who was obviously not interested.
I rushed him over to her house and asked her out on a date, they went out and stargazed and autonomously sought out romantic interactions. They were boyfriend and girlfriend by the end of the night and incredibly happy.
Aiden had maxed his logic skill and moved out, Izzy had finished her fishing skill. Ara was still alive and well (with her age bar maxed, but she was managing quite well). I was about to save and set up an update for everyone when suddenly Windows Update minimized my game to tell me I needed to update. When I reopened the game it was frozen, and I had to quit without saving.
At first, I thought I would try to repeat those actions, but I realized that things never happen the same way twice, so instead I openly had Sam pursue Fatima (now Ima, for my sake) and I can honestly say I regret nothing. I just wanted everyone to know why I suddenly gave up on Ariel, because there was a reason! Fatima just seemed to need Sam, and she really opened up to him in a way that nearly broke my heart it was so sad. She's gorgeous and her traits are wonderful. She and Sam are very happy together and well - why don't we just see for ourselves? I took a LOT of pictures, so I'll likely split this update into two for everyone's enjoyment. Anyways, my sad fail-save story is over, so let's see how things really happened.

Where were we now? Oh, right. Teens were on a field trip, Izzy was fishing to finish her last skill for her career, and Aiden was grinding up on logics.

How in the world can you even lift that?
"I have skills."
I guess so...

"I've almost got my skills honed to a fine point."
Should I send your younger brother over to check?
"How about no?"
I thought so. Well no worries, he's a little preoccupied.

Ima just lost her mom, that makes sense as to why she was crying the first go round... but what doesn't make sense is this:

I thought Wynn was the grandmother of Sarah Dolan (who, by the look of Ima, has past)? Weirder things have happened, I suppose. Either way, it seems that this was a chance for Sam to get to know Ima a little better. She had no trouble letting him cheer her up and console her after her loss. 

He found out she was single, and well, actions speak louder than words in this case:

I left them alone for a while, as the autonomous romantic actions were flying. Dekit was spending some quality time with his growing-older-every-day mother.

"Hey, I can still hear you, you know?"
Oh I know, you certainly may be getting older but your hearing is still as sharp as ever.
"What was that?"
"Mom, she said: 'YOU CERTAINLY MAY BE GETTING OLDER, BUT YOUR HEARING IS STILL AS SHARP AS EVER.'"
"Oh, that's nice dear."
I went to check on Izzy fishing some more, she was growing closer to the goal - I'll spare you another picture of her with a rod in her hand not catching anything, because I was suddenly needed elsewhere.

Another death in Ima's family, and by the look on her face she wasn't taking it too well.

I had Sam stay until curfew to keep her company and let her cry, I left them be to take care of Aiden, who recently maxed the logic skill and was about to strike out on his own. I gave him a wonderful makeover and sent him on his merry way.

I'm really going to miss having Aiden in the house, but with Sam and Dekit's upcoming birthdays and the impending marriage of the both of them I'm really going to need the space - especially since Ara is still going strong.
"What was that?"
Nothing dear, go back to playing video games.

With a new day dawning, Izzy was still at her fishing rod, she grew closer and closer every moment. She was at level 9 now, and I couldn't wait to get max another skill so she could finally rest and cruise in her career.

Today was also the twin's birthdays, so I called over Ima to have her celebrate with them after midnight. She and Sam were growing to be inseparable.

Sam also worked on tutoring her in logic, giving her some skill and him some points towards his supermaxing.

Ima listened kindly and intently, she seemed to enjoy spending time with Sam in any form.
Dekit had been calling Francisca but she always seemed busy. He was sad and disappointed, but he put all of his heart into painting. He found out recently that Franny had already aged up, he was determined to catch up with her and make her his bride.

Ima sat down to chat with Ara on the couch, getting to know her future husband's mother gave her even more brownie points in my book - even though I was already 190% sure she was going to be the next generation's spouse. She had to stop for a moment in order to cry, but thankfully Sam had a shoulder ready for her.

They flirted and past time until a little after midnight. For once I wasn't pushing and shoving them onto skill objects - but rather letting them have fun. The three kids lined up at the cakes.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty Meeting the One 2/13/14
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2014, 12:15:20 AM »
Chapter 8.2: Meeting the One
Ima and Sam aged up in very interesting clothes.

Sam preferred to look like his grandfather Quinn whenever he aged up and this time was no different. I actually find it a little funny - Quinn had bright yellow eyes and yellow hair to match, instead of having those colors Sam has a green/blue in both of those places instead.
Sam gained Animal Lover to add to Workaholic, Genius, Easily Impressed and Sailor.
Dekit, whose picture I haven't gotten yet as he was wearing overalls and a messy hairstyle, gained Vehicle Enthusiast to add to his interesting traits of Loves the Cold, Loner, Light Sleeper, and Gatherer. 

Ima aged up closely behind everyone, and Sam wasted no time getting her moved in.

Sam quickly dragged Ima off to a remote location to really add her to the family - even before she could find clothing that looked a little less... atrocious.
"Excuse me!"
Hey, do you even like what you're wearing?
"Well, not really."
Exactly. I really want to fix that.
Sam gritted his teeth, "hey, watcher, can you kinda quiet down here, I'm trying to do something important... you know... to carry on the line."
Oh! Right, sorry, carry on.

Dopey face time!

For some reason, these crazy kids couldn't wait a moment longer, they went straight to the movie theater where they consummated their marriage.

With chimes accompanying the orchestra they were touring to see, we have a little one on the way, so I scuttled those two home for a makeover before Ima ended up stuck in those awful clothes.

Honestly, she's a doll as well, Ariel doesn't seem to hold a candle to her anymore. She even has cute mannerisms.

With cute traits to match: Good, Genius, Light Sleeper, Excitable and Savvy Sculptor. She has a lifetime wish of being a surgeon, just like Sam.

Anyways, these updates were heavy on the pictures and less on banter, for which I apologize (unless you prefer it that way, then I'm glad you enjoyed it!), things were very hectic as I was trying to speed play the area that I already played once prior, so now that I've got Sam married and got his job and a baby on the way I can finally relax a little. Dekit's chapter is next, the poor bloke was highly ignored in these chapters - not only by me, but by Francisca too! I hope all works well between the two of them, I was hoping for some other children to grow up in the house with Sam's...
Anyways, until next time!

anything