Author Topic: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty (9.15.18)  (Read 92331 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Update! (Title much too long) 7/16/14
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2015, 09:06:51 AM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.  @LivvieLove - you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.

Original Storyboard:  Sims 3 Project Stories

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
And with this I say: welcome back. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
And with this I say: welcome back. ;)
Why thank you Trip, I'm glad to be back. :D I'm grabbing some screenshots as I type this everyone! One jam-packed Nix update is headed your way.  ;D  8)  :-X

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Shame On You! (4/2/16)
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2016, 08:45:10 PM »
So I think my game crashed the last time I was on this save file, because Leif and Foxglove are still infants, and Felix hasn't had his makeover yet. Bear with me. Let's get this party started.

Chapter 35: Shame On You!
Watcher clears her throat, so, how are you guys?
The Nix family glares.
Right. I'm glad to hear that.
They cross their arms.
So... shall we... you know... move forward? Or...?
Olga sighs, "at least you're back now."
I am! I'm back! I have a lot to talk about too!
Reid rolls his eyes. "Shame on you. I'm old now, I get to yell at you."
Yes, yes. I deserve it. I got busy though. I'm here now, can you forgive me?
The family looks at each other, pursing their lips before they start nodding, "anything beats being thrown away."
Yes! I'm glad! Phew! Ok, shall we get this ball rolling?
The family is smiling and nodding now, "so, what do we do first?"
RECAP TIME. The watcher straightens and clears her throat. Heeeeellloooo everyone! Welcome back to the fabulous Nix Short Dynasty where this goofy family is calling all the shots!
"Haha, yeah, right." Steph called out sarcastically.
SHUSH. I'M IN CHARGE NOW. JUST HOLD STILL. Watcher coughs, I mean... uhm... yes, hello! A lot of you may not remember us, but that's ok! I've got a little bit of a recap to remind us all where we left off not too long ago!
The family groans and rolls their eyes, "she's back alright."
So we've got our Nix family, generation 4 has fully taken over now, right Felix?
Felix is making goofy eyes at Echo, who's looking away coyly.
Felix?
He continues staring. "Huh? You need something? I forgot how pretty Echo was."
Alriiiight, why don't we just start from the top? Reid is our generation 3 heir. His traits are Loner, Shy, Virtuoso, Inappropriate, and Family Oriented. He completed his lifetime wish of One-Sim-Band and has maxed 6 skills (Guitar, Piano, Drums, Bass, Logic and Laser Rhythm-a-Con) with one point in Fishing and 8 points in Violin.

"That's right, I'm awesome."
He's also posting inappropriately to the forums in his ripe old age of 23 days old.
"I'm just a kid inside."
Oh, I know Reid. I know. Next we have his wife Steph, who's currently baking a cake because we've got 3 birthdays today! Steph, the gem she is, is an Over-Emotional Slob, who's also a Coward. When she's not any of those things she's actually a Handy Genius.
"Gee, thanks, you make me feel so overwhelmed with love."

At least I didn't say anything about your nose, oh and today is your birthday!
"I'm getting old!"
Shh, there-there dear. It'll be ok. Steph's very accomplished with Fishing, Cooking, Handiness, Logic, and Alchemy maxed; she also has 9 points in Gardening and 8 in Writing! She completed her lifetime wish of The Tinkerer, and maxed the Alchemy Career. Does that help you feel better about your birthday?
"Nope."
Well then! Fine, I'll just move along to... Olga! Oh my dearest Olga I've missed you so!

"I've missed you too Watcher!"
Oh! You look so pretty! Anyways... you're traits are Insane, Irresistible, Genius, Vehicle Enthusiast, and Grumpy. Well it's a good thing you're cute. Olga's skills, unfortunately, do not count for this short Dynasty, but she's well on her way to completing her lifetime wish for her own happiness!
"Painting and Writing are my favorite things!"
And this is why you're my favorite, Olga. DO YOU HEAR THAT STEPH?!
Steph screams back: "SHUT UP YOU USELESS VOICE."
You didn't hear any of that. Next up we have a short farewell to our dearest Cordell, who is leaving us so that he might be successful and have babies. We will miss him dearly but we completely understand his desires and need to move out and on with his life.
"I don't really want kids, or to leave..."
YES YOU DO. GET OUT. Awkward silence. Ok, so I didn't actually take a picture of him, but he's alive and well now, check out his new digs?

Cordell calls out: "Watcher? Can I come home now? Watcher...?"
"Hey, is my brother talking to you?" Olga asks from her painting.
Nope. I heard nothing. Just the wind, I tell you. Just the wind. On to our heir, Felix! Felix is a Hot-Headed, Excitable, Perceptive, Artistic guy who Loves the Heat. He's... wait... what are you doing?
"I'm stuck, watcher. I'll get to stare at this dresser for all eternity."
Ugh! No! Hold... tight... just one second...
"Why are we all out in the yard?" Reid scratches his head, "I was just on the computer a second ago..."
Steph looks around confused. "I was cooking something. Oh wait, what's happening?! No! My birthday wasn't supposed to happen yet! Why are the babies aging up too! They have cakes waiting for them!"
[Beeeeeeep: We're sorry to interrupt your regularly scheduled story, but there have been some minor technical difficulties. Beeeeeep.]

So, three birthdays on the lawn later, we resume where we left off:
Felix! Traits already listed, you want to be a Private-Eye and solve 35 cases... oh maker have mercy on my soul that's an awful lot for so few days...

"It's going to be SO MUCH FUN!"
Here's your everyday outfit! We'll get you all set up to start your PI career!

"Oh my gosh! I love this outfit! This outfit is amazing!"
I love excitable sims.
So Steph aged up on the lawn during our technical difficulties, and I set her up with some new hair and a new dress!

"This hair is new, watcher."
I may have gone a little crazy during my last CC binge. Once you fall down that rabbit hole, you never come back.
Steph nodded understandingly, "I'm not complaining."
Foxglove and Leif also aged up! Foxglove is the second daughter of Steph and Reid, and Leif is the plantsim glorious clone child of Olga. Foxglove is a Virtuoso Couch Potato, and Leif is Good and Athletic.

Olga's daughter with Derrick Hooley, Echo is last on our list to be covered, but not on purpose. Sorry dear.
"S'ok, I get it."

New hairstyle to make up for it?

"Oooh! Cute!"
I've got another one for you too! Echo has the traits: Love the Cold, Loves to Swim, Light Sleeper and Nurturing. Echo is Felix's girlfriend, if you can think back to their awkward, rushed teenage courtship.
"It was not awkward!" Felix shouts.
"Yes, dear, it was." Echo laughs.
"Oh, where did you come from? You're so beautiful!"
Still a teen there, buddy, she's still a teen. Go get yourself your first PI case and stop causing trouble.
Felix frowns and walks away.

Phew! We made it! Let the update begin!

--------------------------

Reid has been working dilligently to max the Violin skill and be able to brag that he's learned all of the musical instruments in his short life.

"Level 9! I just hit level 9!"
I'm seriously so proud of you, Reid.
He grins, "it's been a short life, but a good one."
No! Don't start talking like this now! I'm not listening! La-la-la-la! Moving on!
Olga was busy working on the other half of her lifetime wish.

"I'm almost done with my first novel!"
Congratulations dear! Oh I've really missed you guys!

Felix got his first PI job and drove around to the Hooley residence to speak with Derrick about his first job.

"So I need to dig up some dirt about a stolen toothbrush, eh? Wait! Aren't you Echo's father?!"
"Who?"
"WATCHER!"
"Uhm, are you ok there son?"
What is it?
"I need to ask him! Let me ask him! Oh please! Oh pretty-pretty-please!"
"Ask me what?"
The Watcher sighs, yeah, yeah, go ahead.
"YES!"
"Uhm? Maybe you shouldn't be handling this case..."
"Can I marry your daughter?!"

"My daughter? I have a daughter? What's wrong with you?"
"Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaase?"

"...sure? Does this mean you'll actually do my PI case I'm paying you for?"
"OH MY GOSH HE AGREED! YES! YES!"

"I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL ECHO!"
Still a teen mate. Still a teen. Hopefully the moodlet doesn't-HAHAHAHAHAHA!
"Why are you laughing at me? This is great news!"
Nothing, just that moodlet will last longer than you're alive, that's all.
"That's not very funny."
It's hilarious to me.
"This is the best news of my entire life!"
I thought that was eating cake for breakfast this morning.
"I FORGOT ABOUT THAT!" He paused, "NO... this is definitely better! I can hardly breathe!"

Derrick tilts his head. "Yeah... you PI types are weird."
"And we're going to get married and have children and teach those children things and it's going to be so great! Oh! I hope she says yes when I propose!"

Hey, when you're done here, Mr. Excitable, meet me at the house you're supposed to be... uh, I don't know... DOING YOUR JOB at.
"And then after I propose we'll start the wedding planning - oh! Maybe we'll have a whole hour to plan! Wouldn't that be amazing! Oh! The flowers will be blue!"
"Yeah, you should probably leave now."

Felix? What are you wearing? What happened to your hair?
"Shh! I'm undercover! No one will know who I am!"

Uh huh...
"Ooh! Look, they get catalogues to the spa here! I wonder if they have coupons!"
FOCUS FELIX. Oh have mercy, 34 more of these to go.

FELIX, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! I go to check on your dad ONCE...

"I'm passionate! I need to tell the world!"
About...?
"That's the great thing! I don't know! The world needs to know that I don't know the things it needs to know!"
The watcher's head falls and hits her notes on the desk while letting out a big breath. Felix. She says firmly. Put. Down. The. Megaphone.
Felix puts the megaphone on the ground.
"Hey! Where did it go?! Why is there money there?!"
Get your butt in that police station and get another case. Now.
He goes in and pops back out, "so... there's no cases left."
WHAT?! Oh no... this can't be happening. Hurry. Get home.

"Huh? What's this Watcher?"

Your new present so we don't have to keep going back to the Police Station.
"What's-it do?"

I'm going to let you figure this one out on your own. Use it to check for Cases.

"OH MY GOSH IT'S A COMPUTER. WATCHER! Look! Look! Look! It's a computer! Oh this is so cool! How neat!"

You really are excited about everything, aren't you?
"Oh! Look at this button! Oh! Oh! Look!"
Felix! Cases!
"RIGHT!" He pauses, "There are no cases left..."
NO! The Watcher groans, this is going to be the longest running lifetime wish I've ever done.
"Oh! You should let me protest about it!"
No. I think we're just going to leave it here.
"I'm really, REALLY good at protesting though!"
Goodbye everyone. I'm going to go cry in a corner and pray for 34 more PI cases in a terribly short duration.
"Oh! Can I say goodbye too?! Bye! This is so exciting!"

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2016, 10:01:42 PM »
The benefit of long hiatuses is indeed all the new hair that comes out in the meantime. I think.

A real welcome back to the Nixes!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2016, 12:18:20 AM »
The benefit of long hiatuses is indeed all the new hair that comes out in the meantime. I think.

A real welcome back to the Nixes!
Haha, isn't it though? I have all kinds of new stuff. The biggest relief was booting up this save after so long and seeing that no prompt decided to tell me that anything "was missing and was replaced" by the game. That's when I knew I had a winning combination of mods! XD ::)
Thank you for the welcome! It feels so excellent to be back!

I'm so glad you're back. Felix has amazing eyes. Amazing I tell You, and Exciting!
His eyes are truly gorgeous! Quinn's eyes and lips have lived to generation 4 of this - which is 5 generations from him! That's incredible! He's got some potent lips. ;)
Thank you for the warm welcoming back! I've got some spare time, and I hope it continues. I love this story!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2016, 02:20:25 AM »
What a perfect moment to start reading about the Nixes! (Thank you to KRae for mentioning it.)
I've spent the day on and off reading the story up to now. I love how it's so witty and light, so very different from the Reapers. I love both stories now!

Also, I can see why you love the sims of Dragon Valley--such genetic diversity.
Because I don't play TS3 I have a harder time keeping track of the sims (the daughter of whom?), but I still enjoy your storytelling and watching the genetics, personalities, and plot developments (both intended and unintended) play out.
Thank you for returning to the Nixes.  *contented sigh

ETA: I reread this chapter before proceeding to your new one and want to say that the excitable Felix is too adorable!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2016, 03:50:39 AM »
What a perfect moment to start reading about the Nixes! (Thank you to KRae for mentioning it.)
I've spent the day on and off reading the story up to now. I love how it's so witty and light, so very different from the Reapers. I love both stories now!

Also, I can see why you love the sims of Dragon Valley--such genetic diversity.
Because I don't play TS3 I have a harder time keeping track of the sims (the daughter of whom?), but I still enjoy your storytelling and watching the genetics, personalities, and plot developments (both intended and unintended) play out.
Thank you for returning to the Nixes.  *contented sigh
Hello there!
It is very different from the Reapers - it makes it easier to write in a way because it's mostly just me having some fun banter with my characters rather than a deep and sad story!
Also, don't feel bad, I can't tell you how many times I was wandering around with Felix today going "oh, you're a Nix too? How the heck are YOU related?!" It was actually a bit funny.
Thank you for always reading and responding to my stories! :)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Chapter 36: Never Be An Excitable P.I.
"Oh! Oh! You're back? Yay! I'm so excited that you're back!"
Yes, and I have a plan.

"I don't like this, watcher."
I beg your pardon? Did you actually just say you didn't like something? You're excitable. You like EVERYTHING.

"No I don't - OOH! Checkmate! Oh I LOVE this game!"
Right. Ok then. Well you got a promotion, let's at least get you started on-
"OH! I really, really want to do a stakeout!"
Yes. That. Lead the way, oh excitable one.

"Look at me! I'm a bush! I love being a bush! OH WAS THAT A BIRD?!"

"Oh, hey Aunt Reia! See anything suspicious out there?"
Reia laughed, "just some weirdo pretending to be a bush."

"I KNEW THERE WAS CRIMINAL ACTIVITY HERE!"
"I meant you, Felix."
"I'M UNDER ARREST THEN."
You can't even... you're not even... oh whatever. Let's go to the library, perhaps?
"Oh! I love the library!"
Thank goodness you're as spacey as you are excitable.

What are you doing?
"Shh, I can't talk right now. I'm blending in. You can't see me right?"

Oh, for the love of -! The watcher sighed, no. Oh no, where did Felix go? He couldn't possibly be the bush RIGHT in the middle of the library!
Felix snickers, "I knew this was the best disguise!"
The watcher facepalms. I'm going to do... something else... ANYTHING else.
"But watcher! I'll forget what I'm doing every time you go away!"
Don't remind me.

So, Reid, your son's gone off the deep end.

"Huh? That's nice dear. Listen to this new song I can play!"

"WATCHER!? WATCHER! WATCHER! WAAAATCHER!"
WHAT FELIX?!
"I've got a case!"
Well, why didn't you say so?! Let's move man! Go! Go! Go!
"Hello sir, who I have no idea who you are, I'm here to talk to you about your case." He looks around, "psst! Cordell! It's me! Felix! Hi! I'm in disguise!"
Cordell looks at him for a long moment, "I was going to ask you for help on figuring out why my watcher kicked me out, but I'm good now. I'm happy in my little hut. Alone. Away from you." He paused. "You're not still creeping on my niece, right?!"

"Oh! I got permission to marry Echo from her father! It was the best day of my life! It feels like only yesterday he agreed..." Felix stared off dreamily.
Yeah, that's because it happened 6 hours ago. Let me spell this one out for you, Felix-

Cordell shrugged, "no, I got it watcher. ECHO. IS. A. TEEN. MATE."
"Echo is a teammate? That's fantastic! I can't wait to tell her!"
Cordell looks at him blankly, "well, I give up."
I wish I could.

"That's one more case to the pile! How many does that put us at?!"

Two.
"Woo! Almost there!"
(Thumping sound as the watcher bashes her head into the desk repeatedly).

"Wait! Let me guess! You... are looking for the pieces of your shirt that walked out on the rest of your shirt!"
"Actually I'm looking for my lost wallet."
"Oh! I love-"
WE KNOW.
Felix frowns and grumbles under his breath. "No one appreciates me like Echo does."

"Hmm."
Find anything?
"No. This magnifying glass is really dirty though."
Maybe you should clean it?
"Oh! I'll add that to my list of things to do!"

"Oh! First I've got to call the florist about the wedding... then I have to make a list of all the things I love... Echo, flowers, this pen, Cordell, my dad, my mom, my sister-"
Felix!
"-the chess table, the rock that's the third one to the left on the sidewalk-"
FELIX. FOCUS. CASE. NOW.
"But my list!"

Now what?
"I need to ask 3 people about where the wallet could be."
Oh, that's just perfect. There's not a SINGLE soul out and about at this hour of the morning.
"FOUND ONE! Hello there lovely lady - oh hey great grams! I love your ghostly hairdo! Did you do something with your skin? You're awfully glowy."

ARA?! What are you doing here?! I've missed you so much. Please come back. Help me.
"I'm sorry, I can't hear you watcher, I got these new headphones that cancel out whining."

I probably deserve that one.
"Yes you do."
"So, great-grams, have you seen this wallet?"
"Nope. I don't exactly deal in money. Or wallets. Or tangible items in general."
"Ah, shucks."

"Aunt Reia! Hey! Have YOU seen a wallet?"

Felix... I don't know if asking your relatives if they know about some random dude's wallet will yield anything fruitful...
"Actually, I do know a guy..."
I take that back. We're related to everyone in town. Asking your relatives is the ONLY way you'll be able to do this.

"I KNOW you have that wallet! You should give it back! He really liked that wallet, and I know what it feels like to really like things!"
"Yeah, I don't know you well enough. Get lost."

"Watcher! Help!"
Hold on... just one minute! I know I've got something buried in this house... somewhere. Just... stall him!
13 chests overturned later:
"And I really, REALLY love this cool computer my watcher got me! It floats! It's so cool! I should show it to you-"
HERE! Use this!
"Oh! I love potions!"

"I'll tell you anything, just please stop talking to me."

"Case closed!"

"How many is that for us?!"
The watcher sighs sadly. Three.
"WOO! TO THE BAT-MOBILE! Da-na-na-na-na-na-na-na!"

"Now what, watcher?"
Put on your logic tabcasts and play more of your favorite thing: chess.
"Chess isn't my favorite thing, silly!" He paused, "oh chess! My favorite thing!"
Now... don't move. Just... stay... put... there!

Olga love, I have a proposition for you.

"You mean you're going to fill that wish you saved so long ago?"
Consider it done. You'll have to move out though. Can you live with that?
"Leif and Echo?"
Stay here. You're always welcome to visit, but... you know how short life is. Go live yours to the fullest, and know that Echo will be well taken care of, as will Leif.
Olga nodded, "Let's do it."

"What do you mean you don't want to meet up!"
I'm sorry Olga... it's probably just been too long for him. You haven't called him since you've conceived Echo...
"No. I'm not accepting this."
Olga?

"Hey! Derrick!"
"Olga? What are you doing out here? You haven't called me in like, 5 days!"

In between kissing, "Olga... we're kind of... in... the middle... of... the road."
"Do you want me to stop?"
Derrick was dazed. "What were we talking about?"
"Just kiss me, you idiot."

"Derrick... I've been wanting to do this since the day I met you as a teenager. Let's get married."

"Oh my gosh! This is so exciting! Yes! Let's get married!"
Oh sweet maker, not another excitable Sim!
"We should get married right now!"
"Can we get off the road, first?"
Well, at least he's a sensible excitable Sim.
"Where's your sense of adventure?!"

"Right here with you."

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2016, 01:22:24 AM »
I suddenly have a new appreciation for how short the short lifespan really is. 35 cases? Wow.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
I suddenly have a new appreciation for how short the short lifespan really is. 35 cases? Wow.
I'm actually a little nervous about this one. Hence why I'm buckling down and kicking everyone out. This makes one sim band look like a cake walk. x.x
Whatever you do, don't do this to yourself!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
What a satisfying chapter (for me)!

After fulfilling all her dynasty duties, the gorgeous Olga moves out. I'm so glad she reunites with her teenage love (who's grown up very handsome).
I hope the Progression Story Gods have Olga and Derrick produce at least one more stunning nooboo for us to enjoy (erm, please go take a screenshot, please?).

Foxglove and Leif are sooooo cute! Where does a plantsim's looks come from? Is Leif technically the son of him (his creator, I imagine) or of Olga (who grew him)?

Felix and his "I'm-soooo-excited" facial expressions. Solving 32 more cases with this sim will be a miracle--he needs so much attention--you can do it!

So glad that you've come back to this story. You and KRae have made me a hardcore Dragon Valley fan!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
What a satisfying chapter (for me)!

After fulfilling all her dynasty duties, the gorgeous Olga moves out. I'm so glad she reunites with her teenage love (who's grown up very handsome).
I hope the Progression Story Gods have Olga and Derrick produce at least one more stunning nooboo for us to enjoy (erm, please go take a screenshot, please?).

Foxglove and Leif are sooooo cute! Where does a plantsim's looks come from? Is Leif technically the son of him (his creator, I imagine) or of Olga (who grew him)?

Felix and his "I'm-soooo-excited" facial expressions. Solving 32 more cases with this sim with be a miracle--he needs so much attention--you can do it!

So glad that you've come back to this story. You and KRae have made me a hardcore Dragon Valley fan!

Oh I'm so glad! I was worried Felix dominating the chapter (and my attention) would kill the fun of the chapter. Derrick is really gorgeous. I need to grab him for the Sim Bin I think. Olga is still a young adult (for now) in game, so I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that she'll pop out at LEAST one more child. I'm so tempted to give her fertility treatment, but that's against the rules. :-X

Leif will be Olga's clone. I need her genetics in my dynasty like I need oxygen. I wanted more of her perfection so I had her take Sam's forbidden fruit seed and plant it so that we would have a clone of our darling Olga. I was really hoping it would be a girl, but I don't mind Leif.

Felix's faces are priceless. He's so hilarious. I was dying laughing when he asked for permission to marry Echo in Chapter 35. He was SO excited. I've had excitable sims before, but most of them are girls, so seeing a guy who's excitable is just too darn cute.
He really does require 24-7 attention to complete these things. I tried having him talk to people about his current case while with Olga (jumping back and forth) and he would drop the interaction the very second I switched away. He's so needy! ::) I love him anyways, I guess. XD Olga hasn't left yet (need her to paint Felix's portrait) but afterwards she's outta there!

PS. Dragon Valley is love, Dragon Valley is life. <3

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Sim Logic (4/12/16)
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2016, 07:46:53 PM »
Hey everyone! I've got enough pictures for about 2-3 updates! I'll see how many I can get done! :D
Sorry if I'm moving too slow for everyone. I'm going crazy micromanaging Felix right now. He's 2 days into YA and got 12 of his 35 PI jobs done. THAT'S how focused I've been. These next few chapters might feel a little slow and dragging but it's because I'm spending so much time trying to hammer out this LTW and NEVER doing it again. To be completely honest, I've never completed this lifetime wish without it bugging out on me a million times, so I'm super scared one way or the other. Fingers crossed for me!

Chapter 37: Sim Logic
Echo and her darling mother Olga were sharing some last minute time together, seeing as Olga was now engaged and doing her inventory clean out before she would be married the next day.

Olga has literally had the wish to get married saved since she turned into a YA. I'm glad I can grant this for her.

Across the town:
Felix, dear, where to next? Do you have a minute to pop home for your portrait?

"I need to meet up with someone and question him."
Oh goody, he's literally right across from your house. It's fate.

"Oh boy! I can go home and see Echo!"
Yeah... I don't know if we'll have time for that...
Felix slumps, "aw..."
Sorry bud.

Awesome music sounds - Reid! Congratulations! The Violin too? Fantastic!

"Now what, watcher?"
Now? Now you do whatever you want.
Reid pumps his fist, "yes!"
(A few moments later)

So your first thing you want to do is post inappropriate things to the forum?
"I have SO much to catch up on!"
Go for it!

"Wee!"
Hey... where'd Felix go?

Agh! FELIX!
"SAAANNND! I LOVE sand! Wee!"

FELIX! FOCUS! Private Investigator! Remember?!
Felix frowns. "Why does Echo get to have fun?"
I'm not counting any skills she completes before she's your spouse, because I felt she had an unfair advantage being born into our house. So she hasn't learned any skills yet so she can have the same start as any other spouse.

"Wee!" Echo laughed, "go have fun saving the town dear! Only two more days!"

What's the face for?

"There's something fishy going on with this mail..."
That's why we're doing a case over it.
"Oh! Right! I LOVE my job!"
I know, I know.

Meanwhile back at home Olga was working hard on the portrait for our little museum.

Ah, the one visible eye of Felix Nix. Still see Quinn's genetics going strong.
"Who are you talking about?"
No one you would know dear, no one you would know.

Panning back to Felix, as if I could ever trust him to do his job alone for a moment, we find him very sneakily checking someone's mail.

Uhm, Felix... she's right there.
"She can't see me, there's a wall there."
A wall with a dozen archways pointing to you?
"It's still a wall."
Sim logic. Sound Sim logic.
Hey, now what are you doing?

"Calling to Report back on my case."
YOU CAN CALL TO DO THAT!?
"Yeah, didn't you know?"
Then WHY have we been chasing these guys all around Dragon Valley if we could've CALLED them first?!
"I don't know. Probably for the same reason I could check that lady's mail without getting caught."
(Sound of banging against a wooden surface) why oh why did I pick this lifetime wish?
"Case closed! Woo! I love this part!"

"Poof! Another job well done."
Oh Felix...
"Next case!"
"Help! My girlfriend is missing! I don't know where she went?!"
"Hmm, I should ask some people about her, see if anyone might know where she went." [Ask 3 Sims about Lana].
It's three in the morning. Great.
"Don't worry, I've got this."

"Excuse me! Miss Ghost!"
She's a ghost Felix. She probably died before Lana was even born, given the lifespans around here.
"Oh Lana? I love her! She hasn't been answering my calls lately though..."
I... don't even know what to say to that.
"There. One out of three done."
Well, if that's how this is going to work... to the other graveyard!
"To the Bat-Mobile!"
(Cue themesong)

"Have YOU seen Lana?"
"What a darling girl she is, but she's been oddly quiet recently."
"Uh-huh, I see."
Who knew dead people would be so helpful? And how many dead people does this 'Lana' know anyways?
"That's two people. I need one more person watcher!"
I've got just the thing...

"I didn't know this store was open! I LOVE this store!"
The Elixir Consignment Salesperson sighs, "open twenty-four-by-seven. Unfortunately."
"Hooray! Do YOU know Lana?"
"Of course I know Lana!"
Wow, this Lana really gets around...

"Watcher! I'm done!"
It's perfect Olga dear. Thank you for your last gift to this family.

The museum is coming along swimmingly. Unfortunately, due to his workaholic tendencies, Felix has no maxed skills or certificates to put up, or even a diploma...

"Hey! You're the one ordering me around to do cases!"
I thought you loved your job?
"I DO! Oh I DO love my job!"

Anyways, where were we with the Lana case?
"I need to call the Information Database."
Let's do it then.

What's so exciting?
"I'm on... HOLD! Oh I love this music!"

Right... well that's nearly the limit for this chapter. Say 'goodbye,' Felix.
"Bye bye! Oh no! Not you!"
(Phone hangs up).
Great...

anything