Author Topic: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty (9.15.18)  (Read 92132 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: A Midlife Crisis (5/1/16)
« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2016, 02:52:54 AM »
Tsk tsk, Watcher, what will Felix think? We only saw his stake-out bush once this chapter!  :D

Wow, this was one action-packed chapter! Dagan toddlerizes (haha, WUV Doggy!), Steph passes, we learn the Watcher likes Twilight paintings, Foxglove paints a fantasy painting, we don't get to see Leif's face (sob), and poor, poor Felix.
The adult Felix now sports an upswept hairdo and looks awesome--we cannot bear to see him sad for long.  :'(
I had more, but I was really bored of them. XD I have low tolerance for his stakeouts lately, I swear.
As for everything else? Dagan is adorable!
I HATE TWILIGHT WITH ALL THE FIRES OF A THOUSAND SUNS. Ahem, I mean, Twlight and I don't get on very well... The pictures truly were something different before when Izzy painted them and I really liked them. I recently added a painting overhaul mod for Majnun and Anne and was too lazy to take it out of my Nix file, so now it's stuck there... but now I'm stuck with Twilight pictures all over the walls that I don't want to get rid of because Izzy painted them and she's been long dead for a while now.
#Shortdynastyproblems

Leif will have more time in the next chapter! I swear it! =) He's got the cutest, chubbiest cheeks!
Felix is only sporting that hairdo for the 2 minutes he takes to drive home and go back to his usual hairstyle... it just didn't feel right to end the chapter with that though. Poor Felix is going through a Midlife Crisis... I hope he figures it out soon!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2016, 05:53:51 AM »
Ah, no, it took Felix's mother to die for his ever sunny self to lose his smile and love of everything  :'( I miss pets soo much, seeing Dagan there with the puppy is making me turn into a blubbering mess. Would you mind sharing the link to the mod that changes the paintings, please? I have a strong need for the Labyrinth painting and I'll destroy all Twilight ones >:D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2016, 01:33:25 PM »
Ah, no, it took Felix's mother to die for his ever sunny self to lose his smile and love of everything  :'( I miss pets soo much, seeing Dagan there with the puppy is making me turn into a blubbering mess. Would you mind sharing the link to the mod that changes the paintings, please? I have a strong need for the Labyrinth painting and I'll destroy all Twilight ones >:D
It was an odd combination. He literally had his birthday right as his mother died, and then he got a midlife crisis. I had to roll with it. I just had to.
That dog wasn't even ours! That's the funny thing. I have no idea where it came from. It's a O'Connell dog though, so he was already owned and not a stray. It was just weird.
As for the painting replacement, it's AMAZING. I'm unsure about links on forum anymore, but I'll go ahead and put it up and if it's not allowed I can take it down and PM you. It's this one.
The paintings are so much nicer than the other ones (though I do miss a few paintings, namely the small yellow fairy one). However, I've noticed the frequency with which I get Twilight paintings is absurd. I might have to look into the tutorial and take those pictures out because they just bother me that much. Especially when they're showing up in my legacy and I didn't want them to!
That picture of Labyrinth is the best though. I died as soon as I saw it. I was like "THAT'S GOING ON THE WALL THE SECOND YOU'RE FINISHED." And it did.
Anyways, I'm off to figure out how to remove the heinous Twilight pictures from my game! I found the tutorial, and it EVEN uses those pictures as examples. XD

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2016, 03:21:14 PM »
I DID IT!
SAY GOODBYE TO THOSE FILTHY PICTURES!
I AM QUEEEEEEEEEENNNN!

And Dragon Age has replaced all of the ugly Twilight photos. That's all. =)

<3 Inquisition.
<3 Morrigan.
There was another Edward picture that I replaced with Fenris. Replaced that broody, creepy vampire boy with my broody, lovely elf.
Foxglove and Leif will now be painting only medium paintings until I find it and put it on my wall.

(Satisified sigh). Back to work!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2016, 04:26:04 PM »
Thank you for the link, I'm enjoying discovering the 'new' paintings =D I can't say the Morrigan's biggest fan but Dragon Age in general is awesome.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2016, 04:33:23 PM »
Fenris for the win!  ;)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2016, 04:34:56 PM »
Thank you for the link, I'm enjoying discovering the 'new' paintings =D I can't say the Morrigan's biggest fan but Dragon Age in general is awesome.
Morrigan wasn't my favorite either, but I LOVE that concept art of her. Alistair and Zev were always favorites of mine - but nothing beats the banter between Morrigan and Alistair. ::) I have a piece from each game now. Morrigan from DA:O, Fenris/F!Hawke from DA:2, and the Inquisition box art. ;D

I'm now working like a slave driver trying to get them to paint my Fenris painting so I can have a DA room... >.> MUSH silly sims!
8 paintings and no luck yet. I'll keep trying!

Fenris for the win!  ;)
ANOTHER FENRIS LOVER COMES FORTH. HOORAH!
I WILL get that painting! I WILL!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2016, 04:39:45 PM »
Cullen and Anders DA:O and not DA2 for me  :-* (And Solas but don't let him know!)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2016, 04:56:20 PM »
My double-blade rogue cried for Solas. Did you play The Tresspasser EP? (sorry for derailing your thread @LivvieLove)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2016, 04:58:19 PM »
Cullen and Anders DA:O and not DA2 for me  :-* (And Solas but don't let him know!)
SOOOOOOLAS! (Sobs)
I haven't gotten over that egg-head. I always pick the romance option that dumps you on every blind playthrough. Always. I loved that bald elf though...

My double-blade rogue cried for Solas. Did you play The Tresspasser EP? (sorry for derailing your thread @LivvieLove)
Destroyed me, it did. I loved Trespasser, but I'm hesitant for how they'll handle the next installment due to it.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Chatterbugs (5/16/16)
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2016, 05:39:21 PM »
Chapter 44: Chatterbugs
Felix comes back home and I help dress him back into the Felix we all know and love.

Minus the 'loves everything' part.
Are you sure you don't love the hairstyle?
He shrugs. "It's nice."
Don't you want to cheer about it?
"Why?"
...because you love it?
He sighs.
Oh man...

In other news: our painters have suddenly realized that they are not the only person in the room!

"Hey, do I know you? Why are you crying too?"
Foxglove takes a shaky breath in. "My mom just died..."
"That was your mom? She helped raise me after my mom moved out! How come I never saw you before?"
"You've been here this whole time? When did you get here?"
"I've been here since I was born! When did YOU get here?"
"Really? I've been here since I was born too."
"Oh. I'm Leif."

"I'm Foxglove."
"What a crummy way to meet!"
She nods. "I'm sad."
"Me too."

"Felix sweetie, are you ok?"

"My mom is dead. I've got wrinkles and I'm getting older and going nowhere in my career."
That's not true... you're maxed out in your career! And we're working to get you your Lifetime Wish!
"Shh, go away, watcher, I've got this." Echo shoos. "Hey sweetie, it's ok to be sad, you know?"
Felix bursts into tears and cries on her shoulder.

"Everything is falling apart! I hate everything!"
"Shh, I know. It's ok love."

Meanwhile I had Reid drop off the tombstone to our graveyard. He then proceeded to handle his wife's death in the same way he handled most big changes in his life:

By Fishing.

"Wait, so you're a painter? That's so weird! I am too!"

"You are? We should paint together sometime!"
...Uhm...
"This is so cool! I thought there was no one out there who ever understood me!"
"Me either. Hey, can I touch your hair? It looks really cool, how do you keep it so green?"
"I keep up with my chloroplast routine..."

Felix and Echo continue to be the most adorable couple in the room, despite the sadness that is filling the house.

"You know we'll get through this. We can do anything together." Felix consoles her.
"Dagan will never get to know his grandma though!"
"He'll always have us though."

"You know I've been studying some logic recently, and dabbling in a bit of photography..."
"That's SO cool! I've touched on logic, but not really that much, I've mostly been shuffled around while listening to guitar instructions..." Foxglove shrugs.
"Guitar is so cool though! You'll be like... a rocker girl or something."

...I'm just not even sure what to make of this. You ignore each other all of your lives, and suddenly now you can't stop talking to each other...
Welp, whatever.

"Oh and don't even get me started on those stupid tabcasts...!"

I finally dragged Reid back home and he solemnly played the piano.

Man, I have got to get this house out of the slump it's in.

Felix went back to work and Echo went back to mixology, though she seemed surprisingly chipper.

Well, when she's not breaking glasses.
"I have a plan, watcher. Just wait and see."
A plan, you say? Fill me in...

"No, and of course she doesn't listen! It's like, what I want doesn't even matter!"
Leif nods, "completely. She's out of control."

The Watcher clears her throat. So, how's it going here, chatterbugs?
"...and that is why we are the luckiest people in the universe to have such a great Watcher."
Foxglove nods quickly. "So generous and helpful."
Darn straight.
"Hey Foxglove, can I try something out on you? I've never done this before, but I want to know if it's true."
"What is it?"

Welp, ladies and gents, turns out Felix isn't the only expressive one in this household.

"Oh my gosh, you're like the most handsome man in the room. Where have you been my whole life? Can I follow you wherever you go?"
<Cue the eight-hour-long "Obsessed" moodlet and lots of wish rolling.>
"So that's what that does..."
That's dangerous.
"We're keeping it, right?"
Oh yeah.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Chatterbugs (5/16/16)
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2016, 05:58:15 PM »
It's wonderful that Felix has Echo to console him and they truly are a great couple, so much so that they are photobombing Foxglove and Leif's romantic scene  :D

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Chapter 45: Out of Whack
The random dog is back, and Foxglove and Leif were pried apart to begin my hunt to see Fenris's glorious picture.
MUSH, MUSH, MUSH!!!

Foxglove and Leif grumble in unison.
We WILL find the precious! It will be mine!
They each exchange a look towards each other and stifle a giggle.

The household moves onward though. Echo takes Dagan to the library to read up on his toddler books now that he's all trained. He hasn't got any traits that specify anything, so I'm going down every route to be prepared in the future. He's also super adorable.

Seeing his expressive face makes me miss Felix...

Felix is still around, of course, just not nearly as vibrant as he usually is. He completed a nice stakeout which followed our lovely Bradan Nix around the family graveyard.

Still rocking that mullet even in death, Bradan?

Ghostly voice: "I'm still fabulous! Wooo!"
You sure are...
Ghostly voice: "Did I ever tell you about that time I won the big game and took home the championship?"
I'm leaving now... tata!
Ghostly voice: "So I was running onto the field and..."

Back at the library, guess who else is pregnant?!

Olga! I've missed you! You're so radiant like that!
"Hey! My daughter and grandson are here! Say hello to your future baby sibling!"
Only in my short dynasty... heh.
Oh! Derrick! Thank goodness. I need to settle something!

Yup! Dagan is your clone buddy!

Also at the library, this little cutie was dropped a foot away from where Dagan and Echo were reading all the toddler books!

Could I be staring at the future spouse of generation 5?

Felix! How goes our stakeout progress?
"Fine. I haven't seen anything yet, but I'll keep looking."

It's distressing to see you so... sad.
"I hate everything..."

I... know...

For those who weren't aware, the Nix art room is now beautifully adorned.

This is a million and one times better.

And Foxglove and Leif are still on the hunt for my Fenris. We may not see it, as it seems to be connected to the Dislikes Art trait, which no one has had yet.

I refuse to give up though! I'm also getting some really gorgeous pictures out of it too, so I'm not complaining.

"My hands!" Foxglove complains.
Shhh. This is the sound of productivity. MUSH!

Echo finished reading Dagan all the books and brought him back home to work on the xylophone. Meanwhile, her plan was progressing very well.
"Oh Watcher, I don't feel good..."

"Oh, baby!" She smiled. "If this doesn't pull Felix from his slump, I don't know what will!"
You're an evil genius, woman, an evil genius.
"Thanks! How is my dear doing?"
Fantastic. Did you know we're 2 cases away from his lifetime wish? I wish he were happy about it though...
"We can do this Watcher! Felix isn't Felix unless he LOVES everything. The whole world is out of whack now!"
You're right. We've got this. Let's bring Felix back!

Meanwhile, Reid really took Steph's death hard. I think it was because the last thing he did was insult her before they stopped talking to each other. Are you doing ok there buddy?
He doesn't respond. He just stands by where his wife used to write and cries while pulling out and putting away her laptop.

This can't be healthy...
So I put him to work doing something a little more... cheerful.

"Gampa!"
"Now hit this one right over here!"
That's a relief... I can't handle two of you being out of sorts... Now we just need to work on Felix.

Wow Felix, you're actually getting better about picking hiding spots for your stakeouts.

"Thank you."
Don't you just love stakeouts?
He shrugs. "They're alright."
The Watcher sighs. Echo better be right about this...

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
It's wonderful that Felix has Echo to console him and they truly are a great couple, so much so that they are photobombing Foxglove and Leif's romantic scene  :D
I love those two. They're so mushy all by themselves. Leif and Foxglove were cracking me up. I have no idea if they'll be romantic or not in the future, but he had a wish to try a "Flower Kiss" and I'd never done it before, so why not? Her face was priceless! He rolled the wish to do it two more people and I'm hooked. For now, they're just always talking to each other whenever they're free. It's kind of funny, given how long they've stood next to each other in silence without caring.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Two fabulous updates!
I am sad that Felix is sad, but I'm glad that you've decided to balance Felix's mood by reminding us of just how gorgeous Echo is while also overdosing us on Dagan cuteness.

How great to run into the oh-so-perfect Olga and I've always been partial to Derrick--he looks great as an elder, too.  Yep, the purple eyes! (Confused...how did Dagan get them? erm, Echo?)
Loved seeing more of Foxglove and Leif--did he blow her a kiss?  Her facial expressions are amazing. And their convo was hilarious. :D

I can't wait for Echo to pop her surprise on Felix (and on us)! The Felix who does not LOVE is barely Felix...
Lol, still can't get over seeing Morrigan peering out of your screenshot!