Author Topic: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty (9.15.18)  (Read 92103 times)

Offline Nienor

• Still working on the history chapter...
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Where's Sheera? (8/28/16)
« Reply #285 on: August 29, 2016, 03:44:15 AM »
I admit to panicking when I saw the title of the latter post, and thought 'Aaaaaah! Sheera's glitched and disappeared, or something!'
Luckily, she was only getting a well-deserved romantic interest. What's his name by the way? His skin looks like he has Cromos blood, but all the families are mixed by now.
Sheera is amazing. I am still hoping for a coup de dynasty, although it will probably never happen. :(
If you're bored, try my Perfect Genetics Legacy thingy.
Deidre McMillan's (DV Maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2016, 07:49:01 PM »
Sheera's seduction tactics were hilarious! I wonder what she's off to next.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #287 on: August 29, 2016, 08:54:06 PM »
I loved how Sheera seemed more about ruining the relationship at first than winning the boy. She's off in Daddy's car to find him now--what about curfew?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #288 on: August 30, 2016, 07:39:35 PM »
I admit to panicking when I saw the title of the latter post, and thought 'Aaaaaah! Sheera's glitched and disappeared, or something!'
Luckily, she was only getting a well-deserved romantic interest. What's his name by the way? His skin looks like he has Cromos blood, but all the families are mixed by now.
Sheera is amazing. I am still hoping for a coup de dynasty, although it will probably never happen. :(
Hahaha, NEVER. Sheera will be with me for as long as I can keep her!
I've got another chapter ready to get posted. I'm honestly going to try to start speeding through this challenge if I can. I've got... another challenge/story waiting in the wings that I'm desperate to get started on.
I hate to crush any dreams of a coup-de-dynasty, so I'm not going to. Honestly I just want Sheera to have a child with Quinn's lips. I want to see how far I can take those lips...
What was his name?
Ah... uhm... er... It started with an S? I think?
I'm a fantastic watcher.

Sheera's seduction tactics were hilarious! I wonder what she's off to next.
Hello there! =D My darling Sheera has excellent taste and seduction methods. I'm sure where she's going next will not surprise anyone...
Or perhaps it will. I love her so much.

I loved how Sheera seemed more about ruining the relationship at first than winning the boy. She's off in Daddy's car to find him now--what about curfew?
I can't even begin to explain how much fun I was having with Sheera. She took off in Daddy Felix's Bat-Mobile to chase down the boy again and she doesn't care about curfew... She's... fantastic.
And very familiar with the cops in Dragon Valley, it seems. My generation 5 has seen the back of a police vehicle more times than anyone else in this entire dynasty.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Life Goals (8/30/16)
« Reply #289 on: August 30, 2016, 11:36:43 PM »
Apologies for the delay. I've started school up again and I've got another project that's consuming my mind. Alas, here's some more of our lovely Nixes!

Chapter 68: Life Goals
So we left Sheera driving off in daddy Felix's car to finish up her 'little project.'

"Hey! You're right where I left you! Did you even move an inch?"
"You never told me I could move..."
"Good boy."

Uhm... what's his name? Someone asked...
"I dunno."
"What was that Sheera?"
"Nothing, handsome. Don't worry about it."
"Oh, ok."
"So do you want to be my boyfriend now that you're single and stuff?"

"Heck yes I do!"
"Sweet!"
You don't even know his name...
"Neither do you."
Touche.
"Now we need to celebrate in the traditional Nix way!"
"Oh? And what's that?"
"Normally, we exchange gifts and then pillow-fight."
"Oh, ok. Sounds fun!"
"Yup! Here you go!"

"Oh, I've always wanted this random and obscure piece of furniture!"
"I know, I think that was a gift to Foxglove and Leif."
"Who?"
"Shhh. Don't worry about it, sweet-cheeks."

"So now do we pillow-fight?"
"Yes. Normally, but you see there's no bed here, and I've got something I need to take care of tonight, so I think we'll have to postpone our pillow-fighting celebration."
"Oh?"
"Yup. Come'on lover-boy. You're coming with me."
"I'd go anywhere with you."
"I know you would."

Sheera's boyfriend is kind of blown away by the Bat-Mobile. "Woah... this is like, the best car... ever."
"Yeah, it's my daddy's."
"Is that someone I should be afraid of?"
Sheera snorts. "Depends, how many things do you dislike in the world?"
"Not many things. Nothing when I'm with you."
"Then you'll get along just fine with him. It's my mom you should really be afraid of."
"Your mom?" He laughs.
"You laugh now, but my mom is one scary lady. She'll smile as she hands you a toxic mixed drink. That's my life goal right there."
A perfect life goal that is.

"So where are we going?"
"Your ex-girlfriend's house."
"My who?"
"Good answer."
"So what are we doing--"

"--here?"
"TAKE THAT YOU SLIMY LLAMA."
"Eggs? Where did you even get those?!"
"...from my pockets..."
"You don't even have pockets!"
Is he questioning your authority Sheera? Tsk Tsk. He won't last long at this rate.

"Watcher, I can't even remember this boy's name. What makes you think he's going to last long?"
Touche. Again.
Sheera, as usual, looks adorable no matter what she's doing.

Of course... this was not to last.

"Hey! Are you out after curfew?!"
"Uh... no?"

"Young lady you break curfew and get caught not once but TWICE in one night?"

"You're so groun-did the cop leave yet?"
"Yup, she's gone."

"Ok, good. Punishment for getting caught is you have to listen to my next 12 jokes for my supermax."
"Aw... dad! Really? Can't you just ground me? I'd rather be stuck in the house until I'm a young adult..."
"Ready? Here we go!"

"So did I tell you the one about the two lovers walking into a bar?"
"I don't think so..."
"Yeah, it really hurt apparently."
Ba-dum-tsss.

Daddy Dagan to the rescue!

Look at that smile!
Look at this smile.

He and Echo continue to work hard to keep the infant's needs up. Their birthdays should be coming soon.
Hopefully.

Meanwhile, Victor finally got a real purpose and a chance at showing off in the Dynasty.

"Victor! Find me a new person that I can befriend!"
Victor: CA-CAW!

Interesting genetics... it seems the Purple Dragon actually spawns townies and not randomly generated NPCs. Go Victor, Go!

And that's 10 best friends.
Congratulations on supermaxing Charisma, Felix!
"Thanks!"
Your age bar is full now... you know that, right?
"Yup... I've lived a nice full life. Just give me a few more days with Echo is all I ask."
That you can definitely have, love. Definitely.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2016, 09:22:08 AM »
Yay to Felix for achieving all he set out to do. A bigger yay to his Watcher for never giving up on him, even during his impossible stake-out days.

After Felix, I really want you to keep Dagan as heir because he's so perfect and he's so DONE with all his heir requirements. Plus he and Yolanda had purple triplets.
Sheera is fun precisely because she has no requirements to meet (except for any tombstone size you're pursuing?). Non-heir always have more fun!

It's so hard to believe that Felix's age bar is full.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2016, 04:23:35 PM »
Yay to Felix for achieving all he set out to do. A bigger yay to his Watcher for never giving up on him, even during his impossible stake-out days.

After Felix, I really want you to keep Dagan as heir because he's so perfect and he's so DONE with all his heir requirements. Plus he and Yolanda had purple triplets.
Sheera is fun precisely because she has no requirements to meet (except for any tombstone size you're pursuing?). Non-heir always have more fun!

It's so hard to believe that Felix's age bar is full.
Yes he has! My Felix pulled through for me in the end. I'm not entirely sure how I did it, but I did. I'm not touching that PI career again - especially not on the short lifespan.
Dagan has to remain the heir according to my own rules. I did say first born child with rainbow skin. As much as I love Sheera and she's gorgeous, she never qualified as heir for that reason. Unlike KRae I didn't think ahead to chose the "second born" child in order to maximize points. So, I'll simply have to maximize my points another way.
Besides, I seriously love Dagan. I don't show much of him, but he's so cute! He and Yolanda had such beautiful children - though most took after their mother.
Sheera isn't even going for a large tombstone (as I won't get points for that), I'm just having fun and granting wishes with her because everyone else is so boring right now. Felix is nearing his death, Echo is an elder who works on potions and painting all the time. The triplets are little time-sinks right now that's consuming Dagan's time when he's not painting, and Yolanda is working in the political career so she's gone during the day.
Right now she's getting serious with the boy whose name I can never remember (yup, so serious) and I hope to... hopefully... have her have a couple of kids that might inherit Quinn's lips... but otherwise... she's free and I'm having fun with that. Maybe she'll continue the epic search for my Fenris, or maybe she'll live a nice life and have me some Quinn's-lip babies. ::)
It's hard for me to believe too, but I dumped all my time onto him so I'm more than ready to move on.
New project is awaiting for me to slowly wrap up this lovely short dynasty. I can't wait! =D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Too Many Birthdays (8/31/16)
« Reply #292 on: August 31, 2016, 06:30:33 PM »
Alright. This chapter was crazy and hectic.
I was balancing four birthdays with opportunity completing for Yolanda, a date for Sheera, wish-granting for Echo and Felix... and poor Dagan just got shuffled around a lot.
All of my pictures are out of order on imgur (thanks, Imgur's new beta), so I'm going to try to piece it back together slowly.

Chapter 69: Too Many Birthdays
Surely enough, it's the triplet's birthdays! Anastasia, Arriety and Ambriel all are aging up to toddlers.

I just need to try to not lose my mind.
"You've already lost your mind, watcher." Echo grumbles.
Shhh, but the readers don't know that...
"Uh... yes they do. I'm sure they've all met Majnun."
Hush, child, how do you know about him?
"You talk about him a lot... and it feels like he narrates half the time anyways."
Shhh.
"Before you know it you'll be strangling lamps and smashing pancakes into the carpet..."
No way! It's not even Tuesday!

Ahem, so anyways, Yolanda is working a bit on her sculpting and Dagan is doing his Dagan-thing: painting.

While Sheera was trying to see Sterling again!

Yes. I remembered his name this time!
"Hardly matters, watcher."
Sure thing, dear. I'm just glad I actually remembered...

I finally sucked in a breath and decided to brace myself and start the birthdays... maker have mercy.

Anastasia went first and aged up with an odd hair color and Yolanda's eyes.

My Evil, Hates the Outdoors little heiress.

She's just so adorable! Sometimes I wonder if the game messed up and gave her the wrong traits? Perhaps not... but look at this face!

It was after this birthday I realized that Yolanda had an opportunity for her job (hello, easy promotion!) but that she had to take someone out to dinner. She's got the highest relationship with the triplets, so she would be stuck on cake-duty all night... instead I sent her running for the opportunity as fast as her little legs could carry her.
Oh, and the Bat-Mobile.

Dear, what are you doing?
"What does it look like? I'm ringing their doorbell."
Uhm...
"What?"
You do you.

"Hey, you old fart, I need to take you out to dinner and stuff."
That's what they call a Charming Introduction, then?
"We're friends now, that's all that matters."
Ah, I love the charisma skill.
So Yolanda marched Old Fart with her to the Bistro before they closed so she might get her opportunity.

For reference, this is the wedding dress she almost got to wear.
"Dagan and I are a little more simple."
Yeah, that's why you rushed off and had triplets...

We return to your regular viewing now with... Oh you two... get a room. Or don't, I guess, since Felix is getting up there...

He might not actually make it to the room to continue the makeout.

Right! So Felix broke away from Echo and hobbled over to gather Arriety.

Ms. Easily Impressed and Loves the Cold. She's a replica of her other sister Ambriel (who we haven't gotten to yet) so I've given her long hair and spiceberry clothes - her favorite color. I hope this will make her and Ambriel easier to tell apart.

Finally, I desperately tried to reign in Sheera from the park before the police brought her back and interrupted everything all while Felix hiked his elderly legs to bring Ambriel to her cake.

Surprise! It's Echo's birthday too!
Oh, come on!

"What?! Do you think I want this?!"

Well, your outfit matches perfectly. No new wardrobe for you.
Echo sighs. "It seems my youthful days are done."
"You're still beautiful, Echo." Felix says as he nearly drops his granddaughter into her cake.
The watcher facepalms. Can we have at least a little bit of sanity tonight? Please?
Due to routing, Ambriel was placed in the living room to age up. (Sighs).

Here's our Ambriel, the youngest twin and the Light Sleeper, Loves the Heat. Wearing hot pink and with her hair up to prevent mixups with Arriety.

And now, I'm exhausted. Just writing this all again makes me feel exhausted. Hehe.
So that's where I'll leave this for now. I can't wait for the triplets to become children so sanity can return to the household again.
Watcher Livvielove, over and out.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #293 on: August 31, 2016, 06:39:40 PM »
*dies from cuteness overdose

First of all, you are such a compassionate watcher, trotting Echo off to complete an opportunity amidst the multiple birthdays, including her own, while Felix seemingly totters on the verge of death.

Each of the triplets is amazingly beautiful. Of course, the one you have most favored gets the Evil trait. *shakes fist at the sim deities
As firstborn, then, Anastasia becomes the heir?
I'm sorry to hear how exhausted you are, my dear, but seriously! I can't wait to see the triplets as children and then teens! Lol

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
« Reply #294 on: August 31, 2016, 07:21:34 PM »
The triplets are absolutely perfect! I bet they'll get even more interesting as they grow up!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #295 on: August 31, 2016, 09:52:50 PM »
*dies from cuteness overdose

First of all, you are such a compassionate watcher, trotting Echo off to complete an opportunity amidst the multiple birthdays, including her own, while Felix seemingly totters on the verge of death.

Each of the triplets is amazingly beautiful. Of course, the one you have most favored gets the Evil trait. *shakes fist at the sim deities
As firstborn, then, Anastasia becomes the heir?
I'm sorry to hear how exhausted you are, my dear, but seriously! I can't wait to see the triplets as children and then teens! Lol
Only exhausted due to the amount of insanity going on while trying to age up four people. One involuntarily. XD
The triplets are adorable though. Truly and completely adorable.
Yolanda was the one who had the opportunity, thankfully it wasn't her birthday too or I would've died from how much was going on. Felix may be around for a few more days or he may not be. I think Sam is still my oldest at like 32 days old, but I'm not sure. I don't mind the extra hands though to help care for the triplets - yet when he finally passes it'll make room for Sheera to go for attempt number 1 at having a child with Quinn's lips... so there's that too. XD
My firstborn got the evil trait because my game is laughing at me. XD Ah well, if Sheera can be beautiful and mean spirited, then Anastasia can be beautiful and evil. I don't care. Give me the worst you've got, game!
Hopefully the triplets will be teens soon... or at least children...
Thank goodness for the Short Lifespan.

The triplets are absolutely perfect! I bet they'll get even more interesting as they grow up!
I love those three. They're so gorgeous! I'm glad you like them too! They look a lot like their mama without much from Dagan at all. I was a little surprised and a little saddened that we lost almost all of Dagan in them, but I'm not that upset. Yolanda is gorgeous, after all. ;)

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #296 on: September 01, 2016, 11:17:44 AM »
He has a name! (No surname, though  :P).
I love Anastasia so much, especially her features and beautiful, beautiful hair! It's brilliant to have an heir with proper DV hair, instead of just a boring old mutation. (Sorry Arriety, Ambriel and Dagan, I love you too, really.)
I did a bit of research, and it looks like it's Liam/Martin Eames' colour, so maybe one of Yolanda's parents got it from one of them. (Well probably her parent's, parent's, parent's, but you know what I mean...)
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #297 on: September 01, 2016, 11:35:31 AM »
I love Anastasia so much, especially her features and beautiful, beautiful hair! It's brilliant to have an heir with proper DV hair, instead of just a boring old mutation. (Sorry Arriety, Ambriel and Dagan, I love you too, really.)
I did a bit of research, and it looks like it's Liam/Martin Eames' colour, so maybe one of Yolanda's parents got it from one of them. (Well probably her parent's, parent's, parent's, but you know what I mean...)
I believe he's a Sackholme-Ivy the last time I checked.
Yolanda was an Eames-Nix.
There's a few big names in the town still. Ivy, Sackholme, Eames, Hooley, Delaney, McConnell (Sp, on that last one, don't have time to verify it). The McConnell-Del (somehow got shortened from Delaney) clan is slowly dying out. I believe Foxglove and Leif are the last with that name.
Sorry, it's nice to have someone so familiar with Dragon Valley. It's my favorite town. ::) Probably doesn't seem like it with the horrific way I butcher names.
Anyways, as I said, Yolanda was an Eames-Nix and I was actually wrong about her parentage. Her father was Elias Nix (Tessa/Milton's son from generation 2 - he was somehow still alive, miraculously, and fertile) and her mother was the Eames-Hooley. Possible it came from Yolanda's mother's side. It's likely a fluke that she has it, but I'm still happy to see the pretty color. It looks especially good with her strange green eyes. I can't tell if that got pulled from my saved colors or if it's an original townie color - Liam Reaper has that same eye color (or pretty darn close) and I saved it because the transition to Werewolf for him changed his gorgeous eye color and I didn't want to lose it.
Either way, I love her. She gained the Grumpy trait at child and my game is laughing hysterically at me.
Anyways, sorry, long rant. It's early, I didn't sleep much and I'm killing time before my class. XD ::)

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #298 on: September 01, 2016, 12:44:43 PM »
I believe he's a Sackholme-Ivy the last time I checked.
Yolanda was an Eames-Nix.
There's a few big names in the town still. Ivy, Sackholme, Eames, Hooley, Delaney, McConnell (Sp, on that last one, don't have time to verify it). The McConnell-Del (somehow got shortened from Delaney) clan is slowly dying out. I believe Foxglove and Leif are the last with that name.
Sorry, it's nice to have someone so familiar with Dragon Valley. It's my favorite town. ::) Probably doesn't seem like it with the horrific way I butcher names.
Anyways, as I said, Yolanda was an Eames-Nix and I was actually wrong about her parentage. Her father was Elias Nix (Tessa/Milton's son from generation 2 - he was somehow still alive, miraculously, and fertile) and her mother was the Eames-Hooley. Possible it came from Yolanda's mother's side. It's likely a fluke that she has it, but I'm still happy to see the pretty color. It looks especially good with her strange green eyes. I can't tell if that got pulled from my saved colors or if it's an original townie color - Liam Reaper has that same eye color (or pretty darn close) and I saved it because the transition to Werewolf for him changed his gorgeous eye color and I didn't want to lose it.
Either way, I love her. She gained the Grumpy trait at child and my game is laughing hysterically at me.
Anyways, sorry, long rant. It's early, I didn't sleep much and I'm killing time before my class. XD ::)
Cool! Wait - Liam's a werewolf? (I am still fairly near the start of mpart's Labelle stories.)
By the way, the reason why it's O'Connell-Del, not Delaney, is because if a surname is longer than 13 characters, then when you edit a Sim in Create-A-Sim, it gets shortened -  an annoying thing with the original settings of Twallan's story progression.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #299 on: September 01, 2016, 02:48:03 PM »
Cool! Wait - Liam's a werewolf? (I am still fairly near the start of mpart's Labelle stories.)
By the way, the reason why it's O'Connell-Del, not Delaney, is because if a surname is longer than 13 characters, then when you edit a Sim in Create-A-Sim, it gets shortened -  an annoying thing with the original settings of Twallan's story progression.
Haha yes! Liam actually got the Werewolf virus via a bottle Olivia left for him before he went after Clarissa and left the Reaper family (well, the story).
That explains a lot, the weird thing was the game let O'Connell-Delaney be spelled out completely for a few generations, but then it got shortened. It was odd.

anything