Author Topic: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty (9.15.18)  (Read 92102 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Goodbye, Sam 5/31/14
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2014, 02:24:35 PM »
Another excellent story!  I am so happy that you ultimately chose Ima for Sam.  She was such a beautiful sim, both in personality and in looks.  Felix seems to be really growing into his nose.  I cannot wait to see Echo/Felix nooboos.  They will be too cute :)

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2014, 06:44:00 AM »
I really like Felix's nose, but maybe it's because I don't have to carry it around  ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2014, 05:03:05 PM »
Sam- the one sim who smiles at Grim for coming to fetch him.

In-game bus drivers are such drunk-drivers. Oh wait, so are the others. So long as a curve and a turn-around's involved.
I think Sam missed Ima, which is why he was smiling. :)
Those bus drivers are nuts, man. Taxi drivers and Bus Drivers... they're crazy on this game!

Another excellent story!  I am so happy that you ultimately chose Ima for Sam.  She was such a beautiful sim, both in personality and in looks.  Felix seems to be really growing into his nose.  I cannot wait to see Echo/Felix nooboos.  They will be too cute :)
Thank you so much! I really did make the right choice for Ima, and I love when you can just feel it when you've made a good match for your Sims because they're always loving on each other and kissing and always happy. Felix looks good with his nose! I only tease everyone because I made the comment about Steph's gigantic nose from the start and everyone said they couldn't tell! Now they can! Haha, he's a cutie though, and he really pulls it off. :)

I really like Felix's nose, but maybe it's because I don't have to carry it around  ::)
Haha, I agree with you on that! I think it looks good on him. That's how I should word it.

Anyways:

Well, all, this is getting posted across all of my stories, just so everyone is aware of my delay and my awesome surprise! Last Friday my Aunt lost her battle with cancer. It's very hard on me not because I was particularly close with her but because she was the mother to my best friend growing up. My Aunt had seven children she left behind and they're all very different and handling things differently. I had gone this weekend to visit my parents for Father's day, thus thinking I would come straight back and work on my story, but my uncle went ahead and scheduled the viewing (which wasn't actually a viewing, they wanted us to remember her as she was before the cancer took her) and the funeral for yesterday and today. It's been very hard on my cousin, as she's the third oldest. Their kids span from the ages as old as 24 (or 25) to 11. It hasn't hit Becca yet, she's the youngest at 11 years old, but I know it's not easy on her. My cousin tends to be the type to take everything on her shoulders and carry everyone with her. Her oldest brother is married and moved out with an infant, and her older sister is pursuing a college education. She has not been able to attend college (though she's always wanted to) and now she's juggling jobs to help support her family and I know it's not been easy on her to do. She always wanted to be an art teacher. She told me that was her main goal but now it seems to be put off to the side. I needed to be with her to help her grieve, as her family are very religious and push her to be "happy" her mom is in a better place. Which is much easier said than done.

On another note, my birthday is in a couple weeks (the 28th) and my boyfriend wanted to get me something special for my birthday, so he's fixed up my computer and kicked my silly AMD card out of the way with a brand new NVidia Geforce GTX 760 along with a new power supply to help get my gaming in gear! It causes the lights to flicker a little when we have the window unit running and his computer, but it's all worth it! I look forward to seeing my Sims in even higher quality with hopefully a few less issues!

Thank you all for being so patient. I love this forum so much, and I've made many friends here and hope to continue making friends here, thank you for your patience with my stories and being supportive of the random life issues I've had. Look forward to some new updates coming at you in the next week or so! :) Happy Simming!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: A Birthday For Echo 6/19/14
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2014, 02:13:28 PM »
Chapter 32: A Birthday for Echo
Cordell has spent a lot of his time enjoying the canvas and the paints.

He spends a lot of his time devoted to just enjoying his life. I have not pushed him overly hard into the cooking career, but I also haven't left him to his own devices. On the other side of the house, Felix is spending time with his future mother-in-law, also he's doing homework, but soon he won't have to anymore.

"Zoning..."
Are you ok there, Felix?
"Debating the evils of the world, and spray paint."
Ah... right...
Reid has been working diligently at his chemistry table.

"I must find that potion..."
Which one dear?
"The one that makes you young!"
You've already discovered it, it was one of your first ones to be discovered. You really just need to learn how to make the Stink Juice.
"I must consume that potion! I don't want to get old!"
It sucks, it does... but I can't allow you to do that, which is why I've removed the potions and hidden them in one of the twenty chests in the next room. Too bad Sims don't autonomously open chests, right?
Reid started grumbling under his breath as he mixed the chemicals - and it blew up in his face.

Olga is working diligently to keep her promise to Sam.

And Steph was relaxing and wish-fulfilling to prepare for the next baby.

In other news, Zoe is still looking amazing!

She's a mother of three and is enjoying her life.

"Woohooo!"
Hmmm?

"I got one!"
One more to go!
"Awww!"

If anyone is unaware of why I have Dragon Valley, here's your answer:

So beautiful...
"Thanks..."
Not you! The mountains! Can you... move your... head a bit? Your nose is in the way!
"Hah. Hah. My sides are splitting."
I'm just teasing! You look cute with that nose.
"Mhm. I'm sure I do."

"Watcher! Watcheeer!"
How is it I could hear you all the way over by the school?
"I dunno, but look! Last potion, see? Weeee!"

Congrats, dear, now do you think you can hit the Violin again, you're so close...
"I don't mind, I actually enjoy instruments!"
Thank watcher for small mercies.

"Whee! Look at me!"
Why are you on a kids slide?

"It's FUUUUUUN!"
Echo is going to have her hands full with you...

Speaking of Echo, for a chapter named after her she's been pretty scarce... that's because children are boring.
"Hey!"
What? All you do is go to school, sit in the sand pit and make sandcastles. Take a picture of one sandcastle, you take a picture of all of them. Boring.

"Well why don't you-"
Woah, hold on, camera panning... Oh! Reid! Happy Birthday!
"Woo! It's my birthday! Oh dear... no wait... nooo! I didn't agree to this!"

"Ugh... I'm so old now... my rocker flair has gone!"
Yeah... nope, not feeling that jacket at all. To the wardrobe mister!

Better. Much better.

"Hey watcher, is there something important going on?"

I... still... don't understand... how...
"What?"
How you're so ripped... I mean... you're a teenager! It just seems so, strange.
"Oh, there is something important going on, Echo is growing up."
Wait, what?
"Must... walk... to kitchen."
Oh, birthday cake time.

Let's see how she ages... and...  BAM. Nurturing trait. Love it.

Isn't she a stunner?

She's not quite her mom, but she doesn't have to be. She's so unique.

And she can't stop WIGGLING around in Create a Sim!

Oh, terrible, horrible news! I'm at a complete loss for what to do... THE SIMS GROUND ATE SAM'S TOMB!

I put it right next to Ima and poof, gone. Sadface.
So why don't I finish this update with a little love:

Yeup, these two will be good together. I can feel it.

Any way I can get Sam's tomb back? The graveyard feels off with it not being visible!

Also, on another note, I was flipping through the family tree and get this! Echo and Felix are technically related! Haha, it will make your head spin! Ok, so Echo's father (who is not in the picture though Olga would very much like him to be), is the son of the brother of Santiago Murphy-Nix, who was married briefly to Tessa, but then he dumped her for Elisa, then Elisa dumped him and he married Reia and they have twins together (Adan and Mandie). Santiago often goes to jail from lack of child support payment. I found it hilarious that on the night that Reia gave birth to Adan and Mandie (though she hates children, she's the only one to have twins out of the triplets) Santiago was in jail for not paying child support to a previous relationship with Ivy Sacholme-Cromos (who is also the mother of Precious Sacholme-Cromos, only child of Aiden Nix). Ah, the twisted web story progression weaves. I LOVE IT.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: A Birthday for Echo 6/19/14
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2014, 02:23:15 PM »
Happy birthday, Echo and Reid!  Echo did turn out to be quite lovely. 

Story progression is...interesting.  I had it on in my decadynasty and I was excited to find a guy for my heir to marry that she was not related to...or so I thought.  They ended up being like 3rd for 4th cousins  :o

Regardless, looking forward to the nooboos!  And again, best wishes to you and your family in this difficult time.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »
I have been sort of a silent reader of this, but you're doing really well! Good job.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2014, 07:38:46 PM »
I've lost tombstones like that, saved and quit. The next time I played they're back where I tried to put them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Happy birthday, Echo and Reid!  Echo did turn out to be quite lovely. 

Story progression is...interesting.  I had it on in my decadynasty and I was excited to find a guy for my heir to marry that she was not related to...or so I thought.  They ended up being like 3rd for 4th cousins  :o

Regardless, looking forward to the nooboos!  And again, best wishes to you and your family in this difficult time.

Echo is gorgeous, not quite like her mama, but still a pretty gal all-the-same! Story Progression cracks me up to this day. I'm pretty sure my family is related to half the town - ooh! I have pictures of it too! I thought about putting together a family tree on here, but that seems like a lot of work to gather so many pictures of people who are passed... so I just share the few awesome bits and pieces as I go. Trust me, this next (few? I dunno, I think I took 100 pictures) updates has quite a few babies!
And glitches... those too.

I have been sort of a silent reader of this, but you're doing really well! Good job.
Thank you! I've had my break from Sims, but now I RETURNED! Time to update! Woohoo!

I've lost tombstones like that, saved and quit. The next time I played they're back where I tried to put them.
I did reload and it was still gone, however I fixed it through the magic of Twallan! I have... master controller... and overwatch... and errortrap (and several billion other mods by him) so one of those must of fixed it. I just clicked on the ground and said "add to inventory" and selected a radius and Sam's tomb was returned to me and I placed it down as per normal and WAH-LA! Everything was fixed! Phew! Man, the epic bug-fighting continues!

Chapter 33: Romance, A Fake Wedding, Births and Strange Occurrences (Part One)
Reid left the (fixed) graveyard in peace to head home. The Second Generation is officially gone. For those who would like a quick recap:

Ara and Bradan (my founders) in the veeeery back; From left to right: Aiden and his spouse (whose name totally escapes me at this moment, he never had children with her, as she was an elder at the time, but she's the only woman he married); Sam and (Fat)Ima; Izzy; Tessa and Milton; Bottom row: Dekit and Franny.
So where we left off:

"So... you're like... really cool and stuff. Even though I have only played peek-a-boo with you, you're like my best friend ever."
"Aw, I think I want to kiss you."
"Really?"
"Oh... well... if you want to?"

"But... I'm the guy, shouldn't I ask you that?"
"What's a few technicalities?"

"I don't know... I think I should at least be the one to initiate it!"
Oh barf. Just kiss please.
"SHUT UP, WATCHER!" They both shout in unison.
This is going to be a long night...
"Ok, so where were we?"
"I think you were about to kiss me?"
"Ah, right. So I just... lean in... like this... and... line up... like so and..."

Dear watcher, finally. That was a whimpy kiss mate, give it to her good, you only have one night to enjoy being romantic!
"One night?" Felix looked confused.
Yes, before you age up and suddenly there's no more romance! Now for the love of watcher, MAKE HER FEEL LIKE A WOMAN!
"Oh dear... I never thought of it that way..."

"Well babe, let's live like it's our last night on earth."
Echo: swoons.

Looong night indeed.
"Watcher... now what?"
Ask her to be your girlfriend...? Why don't you already know this?!
"Oh right! Echo, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Oh... wow... you're so romantic! Of course! I'd be honored!"

You do realize he had to ask me to figure out how to ask you, right?
"Oh whatever, it's just technicalities."
"Technicalities" my butt. You two not knowing how to be teens is taking up half my update!
"Well, it's not like the adults are doing anything remotely interesting."
It's depressing how true that statement is...

Olga was writing her novel.

Reid decided the teens needed supervision, but didn't want to not be the "cool dad" so he's playing his violin in front of the two new lovers.

"I did what now? Oh wait... Reid... when did you and Echo get here?" Reid absentmindedly smiled.
Uh... I think they may be... nevermind.
"That's nice dear..."
Cordell was working on his guitar skill the easy way, as his skills don't count for anything.

And Steph was upstairs writing her novel as well as being very hormonal and pregnant.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT ME?!"
That you are radiant and glowing dear: radiant and glowing.
"Oh... well... thank you. No one ever compliments me anymore. I work so... so... hard." She breaks down crying.
Yeah... Imma let you finish that and go... someplace else...
The someplace else being Felix, who has now found the sandbox and wishes to relive his (short) childhood once again.

"Yes! Sand! Sand! Sand! Woo!"
What did I tell you about only having one day with Echo... and this is how you're spending it?
"Oh dear! I totally forgot!"
I'm a little frightened that you're soon going to be in charge of this dynasty...

"Yes, I get to spend some time with you! Yay, time!"
Actually, you have to go to school Reid, and you don't, Echo... so... I guess you wasted all your time in that silly sandbox.
"Darnit!"
"So I can play games all day?! Sweet!"
Nope, you get to learn how to drive.
"Aw... well... I guess it's better than homework."

So, Cordell went to the park to play for tips for a wish, and who did I run into? Why Sheree and Morgan! The children of Dekit and Franny!

Who else did I run into? Eliza! Who was now working as a carnival worker. She also as a daughter named Carla! She's also old now! Shame.

Now this update is starting to get overstuffed and I'm barely halfway finished, so I'll end this part of the two-parter series with the secret Sam entrusted to Olga before he died:

It's a boy! His name is Leif.

He is Athletic and Good.

Now, on to part two!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Chapter 34: Romance, A Fake Wedding, Births and Strange Occurrences: Part Two
Alright and we're back in the swing! Olga returned to teaching Echo how to drive, as she stopped partially to tend to her newest son.

Reid was outside scarring the neighbors while playing beautiful music.

And Cordell found yet another relative! Zoe's firstborn daughter:

After all of his sight-seeing, Cordell finally decided to call up a familiar number. The following is exactly how the rest of the night went:

"Hey there Elena, I'm so glad to see you! It's been too long for my girl."
"Yeah... you kissed me at prom but never... ever... called me again. I chalked it up to us being over and moved on."
"Riiight... ok. So are you single?"

"I LOVE SPENDING TIME WITH YOU!"
"What?"
"I said... I LOVE SPENDING TIME WITH YOU!"
"Oh, yeah, it's a lot of fun. Too bad you're getting older tonight."
"Noooooo!"

"Oh dear... oh dear... breath... just breath! Ohdearwatcherthishurtsohmygosh!"

"So uh... how about we try that again?"
"What?"

"Oh my... I didn't expect that!"
"So that's what I've been missing this whole time!"

"Ohdearohdearohdear... puuuush!"

"So how's about you marry me?"

"Oh my gosh! I totally didn't think I would say yes after you totally abandoned me at prom for someone else and never called me again for years but I'm totally going to say yes!"

"Oh my, Foxglove, you're quite the little bundle, aren't you!"

"So we should get married... like right now."
"Now?"
"Yes, like right now. Let's go back to my place and hit the arch!"
"Uh..."

"Last-moment-together! Last-moment-together!"

"Oh my gosh these children are so noisy!"

"Biiirthday!"

"Woo, I'm excitable now!

"Moar" Birthdays!

Echo: "Woo, happy birthday everyone! Wooo!"

Felix: "Dang, she's looking good."

Cordell: "That's my teenage niece, you creeper punk." (Thinking: man, I wish Elena hadn't gone home instead of marrying me...)

Foxglove is Virtuoso and a Couch Potato because I had to make a choice to either breathe between words or saying that earlier!

Leif is very, very green!

"WEDDING!"

Wait... why didn't that work? Oh, shoot, quickly, Echo, take a ride in the Motive Mobile, you have to go to school and you're in the red... Olga... please go to the bathroom before you pee yourself!

Alright.. erm... again! "WEDDING!"

Aw, how sweet! No, seriously Echo... Go. To. School.
Seriously Olga? The bathroom is RIGHT THERE.
Wait... why didn't the move screen pop up? AHG! AGAIN!

"Wedding?"

Still nothing. Chalk that one up to bugs. Cordell, just move out. I'm just... I'm done.

(Heavy Breathing) The end!
Oh thank goodness...

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
What an update! Thank goodness you were there to guide those two clueless teenagers or else we will never get nooboos when they age up (and that would be a tragedy!). Glad to see the extended family is still doing well and the main family too.

Welcome Foxglove-what an interesting name! And welcome Leif!

And I think I covered nearly everything...happy birthday to everyone who aged up and let's see...welcome back Livvie! I was so excited to see an update with the Nix family :)

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
Foxglove is my favorite flower! I hope she's got some spunk, considering foxglove is poisonous.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Mods - Just a heads up, I am working on this story, but putting most of my effort into the Legacy I have. Please do not move this to the graveyard just yet! :)

As to everyone else - thank you all for your patience. I will be returning to my two other stories (this one and my Dynasty) shortly. :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Not moving this story to graveyard at the author's request.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Sorry all! It's been quite a while, I know. I still have the save for this file and will be resuming it. Life is super hectic though and I'm dumping all my extra sim-time when I do play into my Reapers right now. With that as it is, I would appreciate if the story wasn't moved just yet, but I understand if it must be! :) Thanks for all your patience with me!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Duly noted. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything