Author Topic: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty (9.15.18)  (Read 92106 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Foxglove is beautiful! Does this mean you'll pay more attention to her?  :P I bet you anything the art room was extended to hold as many Fenris paintings as possible when someone finally paints them, lol. Just the mention of Majnun, urgh I need to get a move on and get to your current Reaper chapters, the spoilers are hard to avoid and I don't understand them which is so frustrating.

Also, sorry about your boyfriend's dad, hope he recovers soon.
Heck yes I will be! She's also going to paint me my Fenris, riiiiight, Foxglove?!
(Smothers out her response).
Of course she will.
Haha, I usually try to keep Majnun/the Keepers/the Reapers out of this story as much as possible because these worlds aren't connected, buuut sometimes I can't help but throw in an odd reference or two. =) Thankfully none of them are crucial spoilers (we all know Majnun is off his rocker... he's the god of being off his rocker XD). I apologize if it's been difficult to follow!

Thank you for the comment and the well wishes! He seems to be on the mend!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: He Loves Beds (6/11/16)
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2016, 06:09:34 PM »
Chapter 47: He Loves Beds
Foxglove and Leif have been... undecided in their feelings for each other. So I'm just following any wishes they give me.

Foxglove, however, makes the most adorable faces!

"Wait! Wait! I can't breathe."

"Take that!"

"Hey!" She laughed.

I had to get a picture of Leif too, I guess...
And back to Foxglove.

You're just sooo pretty, love.
"Thank you!"
"Hey! What about me?"
You have Olga's genes, you don't need me to tell you that you're pretty.
"This is true."
Of course it is. Speaking of Olga's genes, I'm going to check up on Echo.

Echo and Dagan were talking on the front lawn.

"So, you're going to be a big brother!"
"Really? That's fantastic!" Dagan grinned.
For some reason, I didn't expect you to take this so well.
Dagan shrugged. "Why not?"
I... I have no idea. Ah well.
"Can I feel the baby?"
"Of course!"

"Oh... baby!"
You've got expressive eyes, just like your daddy. Hey, where is your daddy?
"Painting the side of the house, as usual."
Right! Thanks, love.

How are you doing, Felix?
"Not too bad."
Feeling excitable?
He shrugs slightly. "I'm just enjoying the free-time I have."
Well, it was worth a shot.

"Watcher! I rolled it! I rolled it!"
Yay! Here I was ready to give out on you guys! Go for it! Go!

"You have pretty eyes. They match your hair."
"Aww, thanks."

"Wow, you're a really great kisser too, you know I-"
Felix bursts into the room then, "WATCHER!"
What?! What is it?!
"You bought a BED for the house! Why?!"
Foxglove and Leif both wanted to pillowfight. Apparently you need pillows to pillowfight with. The watcher sighs. Ah, semantics.
"But... you bought... a BED!"
Yeah...? What's the problem?
"There is none... I just... I LOVE beds!"

What was that...?
"I said... I LOVE BEDS!"
HE LOVES BEDS!

"YES! I LOVE BEDS! I LOVE MY WIFE! I LOVE MY FAMILY! I LOVE THE FLOORS! I LOVE MY JOB! I LOVE MY LIFE!"

"I LOVE EVERYTHING!" He paused then, "except crying. I don't love crying... unless it's happy crying... then I LOVE crying!"
PRAISE THE MAKER HE LOVES THINGS AGAIN!
"I LOVE my art! I LOVE my tablet! I LOVE my sister- HI SISTER!"
Foxglove awkwardly waved at her brother while their romantic moment was interrupted.
"Where's Echo?! She's my FAVORITE person! I have to tell her I LOVE her!"
You go do that, I'm going to check on your father.

What-chya up to, love?
"Playing soccer..." Reid cleared his throat and bursts into song, "ALL BY MYSELF!"

This is what you get for showing up to the festival at 7:30 in the morning, love.
"I'm so lonely!" He sniffled. "Oh! I think I'm going to join the Hot-Dog eating contest!"
Reid... what are you... it's not even 8 in the morning! There's no one here!

"Shh. I'm... I'm trying to enjoy my last few days on this world."
Oh, now you're just making me feel bad! Well fine, enjoy your 8am hot-dog-eating-contest and I'll go check on your daughter and her new love interest!

You're so pretty when you paint, love. And when you pillow fight. And when you exist.
She laughed. "I'm always existing."
Precisely. This is why I saved you to the bin.
"Whatever that means."
Shh, none of your concern.
"Ahem?"
What? You're not even painting something pretty.
Leif rolled his eyes and muttered under his breath.
FINE! Here... now I've taken your picture. Now... shush.

Did you find Echo, dear?
"Yes! I did! I LOVE her! I've decided to start reading a pregnancy book!"

Wow, you're ahead of schedule this time!
"I LOVE reading! I LOVE sitting. I LOVE music. I LOVE babies!" He flipped to the next page and jumped back. "I DON'T LOVE LABOR! AH!"
Turn the page! Turn the page!
"Phew, that's better. I LOVE babies!"

How's it going Echo? Your hubby is back in full swing now.

"That he is, watcher. That he is."
Are you ok? You seem... tense?
"I got pregnant to help him be pulled from his funk... and what actually does it? A BED."
The watcher grows quiet.
"A friggin' BED!"
Are you sure you should be drinking like that while you're pregnant?
"There's no rules against it."
Ah... right then... carry on... Game logic.
"Double the dosage."

I'm... I'm going to leave you be, ok dear? Don't... uh... Don't do anything I wouldn't do.
Echo grumbled under her breath. "Beds... pfft... BEDS!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Senile, New Friends (6/11/16)
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2016, 06:38:56 PM »
Two-fer

Chapter 48: Senile, New Friends!
Reid... looks like you're not the only old fart who to want to participate in a Hot Dog Eating Contest at 8am on a Monday morning.

"I like this guy. I think we should be friends with him."
The watcher laughed. Sure thing, I can work with that.

The first bell rings then... and they're off!

Watching two old men choke down hot dogs at 8 in the morning on a Monday morning is... priceless.

Don't you both go and have heart-attacks now, you old geezers.

In the end, Reid suffered defeat.
Go ahead and use the potions, Reid. 'Cause, 'Ain't nobody got time' to make friends at your age.

Thus, they became best friends.
Turns out they're both loners.
"We can be loners... together!"

"What? It's hard to hear you? You want to to become organ donors?"
"What did you say, friend? Your printer ran out of toners?"
"No, no, I'm not married."
"Oh, me either, not anymore. High five, new friend!"

They both stared down at their hands as they missed.

One of Reid's sisters was at the park, the lovely Rose! Carrying her own grandchild Leilani (yes, @Nettlejuice, the game picked that one out all by itself) along with her daughter Louisa.

However, it seems Rose and Louisa got bored and decided to carry on elsewhere. Always remember everyone: children need to be cooked evenly on hot concrete in the baking son to be fully ripened.

"And this is my grandson Dagan! He's such a fantastic kid!"

"He doesn't look like a Meagan..."
"What do you mean he's taken? He's only a child!"
"What about the mile?"
"Oh, and this is my son and daughter, Felix and Foxglove! Now why do I have so many pictures of Foxglove?"

The watcher whistles innocently.
"That's a very strange looking boxing glove."
"Yes, I told her that dress looked like a rug."
"What? What did you say?"

"Check me out, new friend! I got my face all did up!"
"Who are you?"

What a lovely unicorn, Reid.
"Hey, let's go start a water-balloon fight, friend!"
"I've always liked the color maroon. My wife wore it all the time."
"No, you don't need a knife. Let's go!"

So our senile, hard-of-hearing, pair of friends face off against Louisa and Rose. So THAT'S where they went when they left their child to bake in the sun properly followed cooking instructions for their baby.

These two were a hoot.

After throwing poorly eight million times in a row, Reid finally lands a hit!

Oh dear... are you sure this is a safe game for the elderly to play?
"What's the worst that could happen? We die?" Reid joked.
"I love sandwiches on Rye, how did you know?"
"No, we don't need you to fly. Just throw the water balloon!"

"Girls rule and boys drool!" Reid shouts.
Reid. Uhm. Reid?
"What is it? Who are you?!"
I'm... I'm your watcher...
"Huh? That's nice dear... but we're playing bingo to win!"
"POLO!"

"Oh! My kidney!"
His friend cleaned out his ears. "What about Sydney?"

"Fatality!"

REID! That's not funny to joke about!
"Yes it is, and you know it."

As if by magic, the dark music appeared then, and Grim came to collect a dog in the park after giving the watcher a massive heart-attack.
No more water-balloon fights you two! Now say goodbye to your friend. We're going home before you die.
"Huh? Who are you talking about?"
Oh, brother.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I can see why you like Foxglove--she resembles Quinn quite a bit with her big eyes and Quinn-lips!
Poor Leif--but you paint a watermelon bunny then wonder why no one's interested in you?!

So great that Felix got his groove back but his timing really sucked! What happened with Foxglove and Leif? Are they an item now?

And is Fellix really back, back? There's only midlife crisis per life?  Poor Echo, but at least she can mix her own drinks.
Welcome back, Felix! Your big-eyed enthusiasm for everything has been greatly missed!

I'd never realized just how much Felix resembles his father Reid until today.
Such a funny update--how absurd that Reid and his new friend both turn out to be loners. No wonder they're both up for an 8 am hot dog eating contest.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Poor Leilani! Someone should make sure she's OK and how delightful that the game chose that name. Yay, we're connected now =D The elders water fight was both adorable to watch and so painful.

I have missed seeing Felix smile, welcome back! @oshizu You only get the midlife crisis once if you're unlucky enough to get it when aging up to an adult.

Did Foxglove pop a wish to kiss or get married?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
I can see why you like Foxglove--she resembles Quinn quite a bit with her big eyes and Quinn-lips!
Poor Leif--but you paint a watermelon bunny then wonder why no one's interested in you?!

So great that Felix got his groove back but his timing really sucked! What happened with Foxglove and Leif? Are they an item now?

And is Fellix really back, back? There's only midlife crisis per life?  Poor Echo, but at least she can mix her own drinks.
Welcome back, Felix! Your big-eyed enthusiasm for everything has been greatly missed!

I'd never realized just how much Felix resembles his father Reid until today.
Such a funny update--how absurd that Reid and his new friend both turn out to be loners. No wonder they're both up for an 8 am hot dog eating contest.
Foxglove reminds me a lot of Ima too - she's going to need to have one kid though, because at this point I need to see if those lips will live on - I don't think Dagan has them! I need to look again though.
Leif is adorable, but Foxglove is cuter. I have priorities. XD If he did something INTERESTING then sure, I'd take his picture more... but as it stands... nah.
Felix is back, back! I was so nervous because he didn't get any excitement out of completing his lifetime wish or even being around Echo... I was just floored. Suddenly I go to focus on Leif and Foxglove (desperately trying to get them to show whether or not they like each other) and so I buy a bed for pillow fighting and Felix MARCHED right in, pointed at it, enthused about it, and then cheered four times in a row. Four. I was laughing so hard that I almost missed Foxgloves first kiss!
Reid had me laughing so hard. I was playing and then, low and behold, another old man comes up and they get along so well! He high-fived him and missed and I couldn't breathe! Then he and Reid did everything all day. I didn't even get his name! Hahaha.

Poor Leilani! Someone should make sure she's OK and how delightful that the game chose that name. Yay, we're connected now =D The elders water fight was both adorable to watch and so painful.

I have missed seeing Felix smile, welcome back! @oshizu You only get the midlife crisis once if you're unlucky enough to get it when aging up to an adult.

Did Foxglove pop a wish to kiss or get married?
Hahaha, I will gladly make sure she's ok... when she's a toddler so I can see how gorgeous she might have turned out otherwise. ;) This family tree has gotten SO huge you guys. It's kind of hilarious to look back on it now that we're at generation 5.
The elders having that water balloon fight had me laughing SO hard. They missed 99% of the shots they took, and the few that did hit seemed to be made of lead. XD
Felix is fantastic, he just chose such a strange time to decide to come back. I was really just following along with how he was acting in game (I don't usually do much for story in this file, just mess around and have fun and the game writes the story for me). He was in this slump even after the Midlife Crisis went away. He just wasn't big-eyed Felix anymore. I finally thought I would have to return to the forum with defeat... but both he and Foxglove/Leif surprised me a little.
The story itself is actually pretty funny. I was spamming romantic socials like CRAZY between those two just to see if they might wish for each other... Let's just say in my Reaper's file I had an incident where I paired up a spare of mine wrong and it came back to bite me hard - so I've been more hesitant with my 'like it or not' policy after that, especially since there's nothing at stake here for Foxglove.
So I spammed those romantic socials back and forth for a while and NOTHING came up. I was ready to throw in the towel. Whatever, they're just friends who paint next to each other. Sure enough the second I stop, Leif wants to Kiss Foxglove and Foxglove wants to Serenade Leif.
I thought "sweet!" They also rolled wishes to pillowfight. I don't have any beds, so I bought one for the sole purpose of them pillow fighting. They pillow fought, flirted back and forth and suddenly - in comes Felix.
He marches over to the bed and just is SO EXCITED about it. He Enthuses about it at first and then idly cheers four times in a row.
I nearly missed the first kiss because of that!
Needless to say, after I fulfilled the "Serenade" and "Kiss" wishes, they've been dead silence ever since and I'm just sitting with my head in my hands just asking them to GIVE ME A SIGN.

Sorry, that was probably a longer explanation than needed, I just like telling stories. ::)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
I finally finished reading through this lovely tale!
Olga is amazing and Foxglove is gorgeous!  And all of this is in Dragon Valley and with Dragon Valley genetics?  That makes me ridiculously happy!
(Note to self, break up the Burb and Pleasant couple before they dilute the rainbow population)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
I finally finished reading through this lovely tale!
Olga is amazing and Foxglove is gorgeous!  And all of this is in Dragon Valley and with Dragon Valley genetics?  That makes me ridiculously happy!
(Note to self, break up the Burb and Pleasant couple before they dilute the rainbow population)
Thank you so much! It's my light-hearted tale without much actual story! It's great fun to play and spread the light-heartedness!
Here's the family tree, it's a wee bit of a mess, but it's ALL going back to townies at one point:

Olga came from the O'Connell line - which you may also want to break up/dilute (as they're the ANTI-Rainbow couple).
I LOVE Dragon Valley genetics.
Quinn's lips are still going strong. We'll see how long they last in your lineage. XD

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
I love the family tree! But then again I've always loved the Sims 3 family trees. I remember back when the game made couples have further couples without the need of mods how much fun I had going through the Sunset Valley family tree in an attempt to see how many sims actually became connected through marriage/trying for babies.

What do the yellow/pink lines mean? One for married couples and one for engaged/romantic interest couples?

I hope a Christopher Steel offspring in my Saurus family file somehow gets into the Saurus bloodline. Also, if I should want to get Mortimer and Bella to have a baby to get worked back into the Saurus family bloodline, is that doable/possible with Aggie being the founder's wife and mother to generation 2? If so, how far down the track can the Goth/Bachelor offspring join in?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
I love the family tree! But then again I've always loved the Sims 3 family trees. I remember back when the game made couples have further couples without the need of mods how much fun I had going through the Sunset Valley family tree in an attempt to see how many sims actually became connected through marriage/trying for babies.

What do the yellow/pink lines mean? One for married couples and one for engaged/romantic interest couples?

I hope a Christopher Steel offspring in my Saurus family file somehow gets into the Saurus bloodline. Also, if I should want to get Mortimer and Bella to have a baby to get worked back into the Saurus family bloodline, is that doable/possible with Aggie being the founder's wife and mother to generation 2? If so, how far down the track can the Goth/Bachelor offspring join in?
I believe yellow is engaged and pink is boyfriend/girlfriend status. When people die, I believe that reverts them to their fiance/fiancee status.
As for Aggie and Mortimer/Bella's kid? You could easily do that with cloning from either Supernatural or University Life if they're "too" close in relation. I'd love to see those all get paired up though! How do you plan to get Bella and Moritmer's child? Will you move in Bella perhaps? You can always clone them! =D Clone Drones or using DNA from University is how I planned on doing my ID before I scrapped it in favor of my Legacy. ;D

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Chaos Ensues (8/20/16)
« Reply #235 on: August 20, 2016, 11:40:49 PM »
Chapter 49: Chaos Ensues
"What's going on over here, new friend?"
"Oh, some dog keeled over in the park."
"Oh, so, normal Monday?"
"Yup."

I got a notice that six people just died in a row this morning, so the Grim Reaper is officially on a Union Break.
"Yipee! Finally a moment of peace."

"You people die too fast."
Tell me about it.

"Come'on new friend! Let's go do another Hot-Dog Eating contest!"
"Who are you?"

"Hey! Who's interrupting our Hot-Dog Eating contest?" Reid paused. "Oh, wait, that's me."

Reid! You're leaving us? Now?
"Yup. Now is good. Bye new friend!"
"Are we going home now?"
"Nope! Just me!"
"Oh, phooey."

The Grim Reaper sighs dramatically and sulks over from the skating rink. "Are you SERIOUS right now? I JUST got a break!"

"Blah blah blah, Reaping and death and doom and darkness. Are you ready?"
"Nice to meet you too, are you my new friend?"
"Uh... sure?"

Goodbye Reid. You were one really talented, rocking, heir.
"I can finally take a nap now."
His graveyard was placed in the family graveyard next to Stephs.

"Well, that was crap timing, Watcher."
Tell me about it, Echo. Reia and Rose all died within an hour of Reid too. Along with Ariel, your grandmother, and a few other townies.
"Must suck to be the Grim Reaper tonight."
I'm sure it does, darling, I'm sure it does. Hey, what are you doing?
"Well, Dagan was trying to get a good grade in school so he stayed late to clean bug cages, which you know is a massive mood killer anyways, and then Reid had to go and die in the middle of it all."
How's Dagan doing?
"Not well."

"There, there, son."
Does that hurt your arms?
"Shush, I'm being a parent right now. I'll worry about my dislocated joints later."
I'm going to go check on your husband.
"Good call. If he fell out of whack again tell him I'm not doing a darn thing about it."
Ah, pregnancy hormones.
"I'M SO FAT AND BLOATED AND I CAN'T SEE MY FEET."

What's up, doc?
"Just spray painting. It's so strange having so much free time. I LOVE having free time."

Of course... The watcher clears her throat awkwardly. You know your dad died.
"Huh? Oh yeah, I know. I was sad for a while then Foxglove hit me with a fancy machine thingy and suddenly I wasn't sad anymore."
Hit you... literally?
"I don't remember. I think I blacked out."
Well, so long as it works.

Hello beautiful! And Leif... and Dagan... and random dog that wasn't ours that walked into our house and died here...

"Hello, Watcher!" Foxglove says cheerfully.
Leif grumbles under his breath and paints some more. Dagan doesn't even notice the greeting.
So... Foxglove? Lovely, gorgeous, amazing Foxglove... I got new CC! You should come let me play with your hair!
"Hm? New hair? Count me in! Anything to take a break from painting!"
"What about me?!"
Well, you're a plantsim, Leif, you'd look weird in any other hair... Though I did get new hair for when you age up, Dagan!
Dagan continues painting without saying anything.
Right... So, Foxglove?
"Let's go!"

She's so pretty I swear I loved every hair on her.
I eventually settled on a short, choppy cut because... cute!

You're so gorgeous!
"Aw, thanks!"
I can't wait for- INCOMING PING ALERT.

"HELP ME. OH WATCHER."

There, there, dear, let's take you down to the nursery.
"Sounds good. Where's Felix?"
Outside, do you want me to get-
"NO!"
Alright then.

Several hours of birthing later.

"Aw! My little girl!"
Name, please?
"Sheera Nix."
Aw, I love that name.

And the genetics have come back around to being pink.
The watcher looks at the time of day: REALLY?! You gave birth FOUR MINUTES after midnight? ECHO!
"Oh no, you're NOT complaining about how long it took me to squeeze a baby out of my-"
Nope. We're not having this discussion. We're ending this discussion and starting something new. Do you know her traits?
"That's not my job."
Right. Do *I* remember her traits? No.
The answer is no.

"Some watcher you are."
Thank you. I appreciate your kind understanding and support.
"Of course."

"I suddenly feel more fulfilled! I'm a DAD again! I LOVE being a dad!"
Congratulations, papa, her name is Sheera!
"I LOVE Sheera! I LOVE Echo! I LOVE Dagan! I LOVE everything!"
Yes. Yes you do.
"Can we go on that vacation now? Echo and I have been wanting to for ages."
Two days. You've wanted to for two days.
"Yeah, so, ages!"
Yeah, so... about that trip...

Congratulations you two! You've both completed your lifetime wish!

"Thanks watcher!"
Leif rolls his eyes. "Yeah, thanks."
So, I need you two to do me a favor...
"Here we go."
Well, you know how Echo and Felix want to go on vacation with Dagan...?

"So... we're in China..."
Foxglove grins and looks at him with big eyes. "Yeah! We are!"

"What do we do now?"
"I dunno!"
Get that Level 3 Visa for me, lovely Foxglove?
"Foxglove don't-"
"Sure!"
Leif sighs. "Well, this will be a long six days."

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Matters of the Heart (8/20/16)
« Reply #236 on: August 21, 2016, 12:26:53 AM »
Chapter 50: Matters of the Heart
So, I originally planned to send everyone (minus Sheera) to China since everyone had a wish to go.
Everyone, except our dissenter, Leif. Everyone, glare at Leif with me. (Group Glare).
I then realized I only had a house in Paris and not in China, which would make skilling significantly harder and really waste most of my days having everyone sit at the home base without actually being able to buy skills or place new skilling objects. So, I decided to send Foxglove and Leif.
This has a double motive in that I can't figure out if they like each other or not, so I figured that, surely a vacation alone together with some adventuring would let me know if they were just meant to be friends and I should stop wasting my time, or that they were actually attracted to each other. Let's see how this goes.

"Hey so, now that we're in China would you like to go adventuring with me? I'll collect the Visa points because I have the Adventurous trait and I'll gain them faster."
Bless you, child.

Leif (autonomously flirting): "I'd go anywhere with you, Foxglove."

"Oh! Oh my, we're closer now suddenly. Uhm, well..." Foxglove looks around. "Shaka Bra!"

"Right on!"
"Now where should we begin?"
Leif (autonomously flirting): "Can I just stare into your eyes a little longer?"

"Oh my, you're cute. Wow. Ok. Uhm..."
"I like your hair short."
"Oh, thank you? Uh... how do I... hmm... Do you like vegetables?"

"Do you hear that banging sound?"
Don't mind me. I'm just beating my head against my desk. How about you go on an adventure? Or six. I need to mull this over.

"-it's also really rude! And that, sir, is why you should turn your lights off so that one selfish woman can look through her blasted telescope and I can earn some more visa points..."
"Uh, alright?"
"Yes! That makes three people! What next?"

Here, we see a wild Foxglove being adorable in her natural habitat... let's watch.

"Ooh! Tomb exploration! LEIF! WE'RE GOING ON A TRIP!"
...in our favorite rocket ship! Zooming through the sky...! The watcher clears her throat. Sorry, been around my nephew too much.

So Leif and Foxglove made, single handedly, the best tomb exploration duo I've ever had.
"Awe! Thanks, Watcher!"
Leif grumbled under his breath about the crazy watcher. "I can't believe we're doing this..."
NO ONE ASKED YOU, DISSENTER.
Anyways, they cleared huge tombs in record time for me because they were so in sync. Which only makes my head-bashing-against-my-desk happen more frequently. They're adorable and they work so well together. Why can't they make up their minds and tell me what they want!
"I'll pull this over here while you step on that right there."
"Good call, Foxy."
"Foxy?" Foxglove turns a bright pink. "Oh my."

"OH MY GOSH SOMETHING ATE ME."

Did it? Did it reaaally?
"No, but it was scary."
Leif shuffles over. "Step aside, let a man take care of this!"
(Leif gets his butt handed to him).
"And this is why we're leaving right now. Let's go."
"You're so strong and helpful!"
I don't know what's funnier, that she said that, or that she meant it genuinely...
Leif grumbled some more.

"Alright! Now with that turned in, we just need to convince three more people to smash a boulder and-"
I decided to cut to the chase.
"You just kissed me?"
"It seems I just did."

"Wow."
"Yeah..."

"What now?"
"We test out the tent we're never going to use?"
Foxglove smiles.

"Wow."
"Yeah..."

So the start of Pangu's Axe ensued.

(Suchs in air frantically) "I LOVE TOMB RAIDING!"
You sure it wasn't that earlier tryst?
Foxglove carries on into the tomb.
WHY WON'T YOU GUYS TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT?! I'M GOING TO HAVE TO GO FULL NOTEBOOK ON YOUR BUMS. WHAT DO YOU WANT?! WHAT DO YOU WANT?!
Foxglove and Leif: "It's not that simple..."
YES IT IS, WHAT DO YOU WANT?!
Ahem. Don't mind us. This will ensue for days.

"Hey! I did it! This is the Axe! Yippee! I got this!"

"Oh, is that lightning? That's so-OHMYGOSH THIS IS REALLY HEAVY."

"OH WATCHER. LEIF. HELP. IT'S HEAVY."

"IT'S SLOWLY CRUSHING MY BONES. HELP."

"Alright, maybe if I just... shift it like this... then I've... yeah... there we go. Phew."
"Hello, Adventurer! I'm Pangu's Axe! I'm finally free from this dire cave!"

"The Axe is talking to me now? No thanks. The watcher makes for more than enough voices filling my head, thanks. I'm ready to go back to being chained to an easel now..."
Literally can't get over the notice where the Axe actually said hello to Foxglove. Her face summed up my own face at it.

"Let's test this baby! Ready?"

"...HULK..."

"SMASH."
And that was when dainty Foxglove turned into a crazy, strong, she-hulk.

"Alright, just going to grab some more things here..."
STOP. FREEZE.
"What?! What?! I'm freezing?! What?!"
YOU'RE GORGEOUS.

Leif sighs and shuffles to lean and stare at Foxglove.
Leif is the dissenter. Foxglove finds him "Blindingly Stunning (10/10)" and he only finds her "Smoking Hot (9/10)."
Leif. You're a failure. You disappoint me.
"What else is new?" He continues staring at Foxglove.
Did you say that JUST because I always compliment her, or because you actually don't find her blindingly stunning?
Leif smiles widely. "The world may never know."

With one more mighty swing of my she-hulk, Foxglove...

"Yes! Yes! We did it! I'm at level 3!"
With a day to spare!
The Nixes purchase their very first home in China.

"WE DID IT!"
"That we did!"
"Wow."
"Yeah..."

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: I've Made Up Your Mind (8/21/16)
« Reply #237 on: August 21, 2016, 01:03:10 AM »
Chapter 51: I've Made Up Your Mind
"Wow."
"Yeah..."

"So there are all these stars out there that are-OH!"

"Uh-huh. Stars and stuff."

"Is that the sign that I should talk less?"
"Nope. Keep talking. I'm just listening."

"Oh, ok... well.. Oh! Do you see that one?"

"Oh! That one is nice, but you know what I think we should do?"
They share a look and nod.

"Wow."
"Yeah..."
"And you've been painting right next to me for... basically our whole lives?"
"Yup, when I wasn't in the garden."
The watcher coughs. Hitting on the trees...
"Shush!"
Foxglove giggles. "I see how it is. So, am I prettier than a tree to you?"
"Far prettier."
"Good!"

(Autonomous dip kiss while the watcher cringes about never giving them proper sleepwear...)
"Hey, Foxglove?"
"Hmm?"
"You know, I know we've kind of danced around this, but I think I'm in love with you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"I thought you'd never ask...! Yes!"

"Oh, ok, good, that'll make this next part smoother."
"Next part?"
"Yeah, hold on."

"Why are you getting on the floor like that?"
"You'll see."
"Huh?"

"Hey Foxglove?"
"What are you doing, Leif?"
"Foxglove Nix."

"What?"
"Will you marry me?"

"OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH IS THIS HAPPENING? YES! OF COURSE!"

Finally.
"Oh shush."
Whatever, it happened. That's all that matters. Now get dressed and go outside.
"So pushy."
Yeah, well, we're burning moonlight here and the second you guys get home the clocks will start ticking for you again.
"So I take it this means I'm not having children, am I, Watcher?"
Oh no, Ms. Foxglove. You're going to give me children one way or another.
"But Leif and I can't conceive normally..."
I'm working on it.

Outside:

Do you, Leif, take Foxglove to be your wife?
"I do."

Do you, Foxglove, take Leif to be your husband?
"I do."

You're now married. Please kiss. (Watcher dabs tears away).

What better way to celebrate being husband and wife than by... giving each other gifts of random things you found in your pockets?

"Yes! I've always wanted that car that you took out of my inventory several times and put back! How thoughtful!"
"Of course!"

"Oh my gosh, I've always wanted a random piece of stone that we'll sell when we get back to Dragon Valley! Thank you so much!"
"I'm just so thoughtful like that."
"So what should we do now?"
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
Foxglove grinned. "Oh yeah..."

Together: "PILLOWFIGHT."

So, ladies and gentlemen. I've made up their minds.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Chapter 52: Cutting Down All the Haters
As we wrap up the longest trip to China (as well as the longest soul-searching adventure) this Dynasty has ever seen, Foxglove and Leif have more antics they get into on their very last day.

"Hello, wifey!"
"Hello, hubby!"

"Shall we go take care of that last wish?"
"We shall!"

Such grace.

Much class.

So... injury?

If you look closely, everyone, you can see how close Leif is to becoming a true master of Martial Arts.
Watch how he puts a long-term study of Martial Arts (behind him) to shame!

"I got this! TAKE THAT STUPID TRAINING DUMMY!"

"OH WATCHER. MY FACE. HOW DID IT EVEN DO THAT?!"

"Oh man... I think... I think I need to sit down for a moment..." He sucks in deep breath. "Where's my wife?"

"Look honey! I got a belt! How did your training go?"
"Huh? Oh yeah... me... me too. Do you wanna just... you know... do something a little... a little tamer? I'd hate for you to wear yourself out or hurt yourself."
"You're so sweet to worry about me. Of course! Let's watch some TV."

"Oh I love this channel!"

So with that, Leif and Foxglove return home, new vacation home in-hand and ready to send the next crew of people on their skilling-palooza! I get home and get a notice - it's Dagan's birthday! I excitedly hurry him to the cake so he can have more skills to work on while away on vacation!

Happy birthday, Dagan!
"Blow out your candles and make a wish!"

"I wish that I could have a way to cut down the haters of the world!"
The Genetic Gods: Your wish is my command!

"Did you hear something?"
Oh dear...

"What is it?!"
Your cheekbones... they're so sharp they could CUT somebody.
"Thanks genetic gods!"
Genetic Gods: You're welcome, kid.

He gained the Dog-Lover trait to add to... I can't remember.
Echo: "On top of your game, as usual, watcher."
Yeah, yeah... but I remembered the trait this time!
"You have eight notepads on your desk. You have no excuse."
Shush... wait... how do you know that?!
Echo whistles and walks away.

Hey gorgeous! Where's that hubby of yours?
"I dunno, said he had to 'do something?'"

Ah well, you're looking gorgeous. Anyways, get comfy, I'm going to get ready to send the Excitable PI, the charming Echo, and Sir-Cut-You-With-My-Face to China.
"Hey, maybe you should check the school first?"
Dagan doesn't go today.
"Yeah, but it's almost 9am... and his potential wives will be going to school today."
I love you, Foxglove. TO THE MAP-MOBILE.
(Whooshing noise)

We have Starr Eames-Nix, who's a child so I skip over her. Then we have Julia Eames-Nix, her older sister, I take it.

Well... she's... something.
I think that's her other sister behind her, Yolanda Eames-Nix, but she's not on the rainbow-slider and therefore I likely won't marry her to-

I FOUND YOUR WIFE, DAGAN. I FOUND HER. RIGHT HERE. OH MY GOSH. WOW.
And you know what? They're related!
Not closely by any stretch, but close enough that I can just hop on over through person to person on this gigantic family tree and...
She's No Sense of Humor, Excitable, Sailor, and Unlucky. SOLD.
But Olivia, she's not on the rainbow slider... you're playing with fire...
SHUSH self, we're going with Yolanda because... LOOK AT HER.
(Sneaks into CAS and saves her to the SimBin - maniacal laughter filling the air. Oy, Majnun, get out of my head. This isn't your story. "Grumble, grumble. I have a use for her." Do go on? Crazed whispering and nodding ensues. Majnun. You have to tell ME. Not the chair. "THE LAMPS ARE COMING FOR US ALL." Right.)
Anyways, they're related you say?
Yes, well, here's the deal... the scoop, the skinny:
Yolanda and her sisters are Ima's (Sam's - my generation 2 heir's - wife's) brother's granddaughters. The sister's grandfather on the other side is Elias Nix, who's Tessa's (Sam's - my generation 2 heir's - sister) son.
Related? Sure. Closely? No. The game doesn't recognize it, at least, and in this town - EVERYONE is related to the Nixes by this point.
I NEED YOLANDA IN MY LIFE.

Suddenly, I got a notice across the way.
Leif, what are you doing?
"I did it, watcher!"

"I'M A REAL BOY!"

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I'm so excited that you came back to the Nixes!!! *jumps up and down then squees

The gorgeous Foxglove and the adorable Leif--I just adored their interactions, their dialogues, their rapport.
Plantsims can't have children? But how did Leif become a real boy (a very, very cute one, at that) and how is a plantsim's human appearance decided?
Foxglove/Leif nooboos...I just can't wait.

But I imagine there will be an interlude featuring Felix, Echo, and Dagan in China, which should be absolutely crazy since Felix will be there!
I really love this zany family!

(And yes! Yolanda is lovely!)

But where is our Fenris painting?!

anything