Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195293 times)

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #405 on: September 24, 2016, 09:22:55 AM »
Wow that's good to know. Thanks!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #406 on: November 08, 2016, 07:53:06 AM »
A few questions.

1. Do the new careers and new skill count? I know the new aspiration is out of the question given you have to own an apartment but are the others legal?

2. Can a person with GTW use the non-GTW Alien option? The reason that I am asking is because I like the extra randomness of heir selection (ie you can't control when the computer will spit out a colorful heir) and this little bit of randomness makes everything a lot more fun. I like that there are some things you really can't control within the game and that your families have to react to.

Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #407 on: November 08, 2016, 09:02:15 AM »
@dontmindme, yes, you can use the new skill and career. You can use lot traits, too, and of course send your Sims to the festivals.

Sorry, but after some discussion, the team decided that people with GTW do have to use the regular alien option.

Incidentally, you should be able to play this in San Myshuno if you want. There are more than 15 lots available if you want to evict some of the households beforehand.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #408 on: November 08, 2016, 09:16:32 AM »
Added:

You may also play in San Myshuno. There are 19 apartments that have deposits of less than $20,000. In that case, you would not bulldoze anything, but you may need to evict a few families to get 15 available places. You will not be able to choose the Mansion Baron option in San Myshuno.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #409 on: November 08, 2016, 01:28:20 PM »
Why not?  If you bull doze the Old Salt House it is perfectly possible to build your own mansion there and achieve Mansion Baron.  Heirs couldn't opt for that, of course since the founder would live there but I would think it was doable for the founder.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #410 on: November 08, 2016, 02:01:44 PM »
@Joria, if you choose the Mansion Baron option, that means 5 generations in a dynasty have to achieve Mansion Baron. Even with penthouses, you can't do it.

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #411 on: November 08, 2016, 06:21:38 PM »
Forgive me if this has been asked already, 17 pages of posts meant a lot of skimming.

Do we *have* to build the houses? If we have something suitable within price range from Library to place on a lot, can we do that? Building houses is not my forte and I'd rather not have to, tbh :D

Thanks,
Kerry

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #412 on: November 08, 2016, 06:56:45 PM »
Forgive me if this has been asked already, 17 pages of posts meant a lot of skimming.

Do we *have* to build the houses? If we have something suitable within price range from Library to place on a lot, can we do that? Building houses is not my forte and I'd rather not have to, tbh :D

Thanks,
Kerry

You don't have to build. #carlsguiderdc on the Gallery was set up to provide houses for this challenge.

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #413 on: November 08, 2016, 07:02:52 PM »
You don't have to build. #carlsguiderdc on the Gallery was set up to provide houses for this challenge.

AWESOME! Thank you so much!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #414 on: November 09, 2016, 09:52:59 AM »
Added:

You may add one skill-boosting lot trait (See list) and two other lot traits to each house.

Your Sims may form a family club, but they may have only the Networked perk or one skill-boosting perk, not both. Your Sims may join other clubs, but not found them.

Players who started their dynasties before these rules were added are still eligible for the HOF. If your family club has any skill perks, you should not add skill-boosting lot traits, but may add others.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #415 on: December 02, 2016, 02:06:24 AM »
I'm still in the progress of reading the 17 pages of replies, so if this has been asked, I apologize, but do we follow the rules of the regular dynasty challenge also?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #416 on: December 02, 2016, 08:29:52 AM »
I'm still in the progress of reading the 17 pages of replies, so if this has been asked, I apologize, but do we follow the rules of the regular dynasty challenge also?

No. The Rival Dynasties Challenge is separate from the Immortal Dynasty.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #417 on: December 02, 2016, 02:05:46 PM »

Thanks,
Kerry

Can we upload our own creations from this challenge to the gallery with that hashtag for others?

Also, Thank you @Marian T for the quick reply! :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #418 on: December 02, 2016, 02:11:26 PM »

Thanks,
Kerry

Can we upload our own creations from this challenge to the gallery with that hashtag for others?

Also, Thank you @Marian T for the quick reply! :)

Yes. These are the instructions we gave for adding houses to #carlsguiderdc: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=24670.msg422296#msg422296. And thanks for asking the question -- I'll put a link to the instructions in the rules.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #419 on: December 02, 2016, 03:02:45 PM »
Okay, a couple more questions. I tried searching to see if this has been asked (since I'm still not thru all previous pages) and I couldn't find anything with search.

Can you keep any money that the spouse brings in when you marry?
Can you move in a random townie as a helper (I've seen helper mentioned, but no mention if you can move them in)?
If you can, can you keep any money they bring with them?