Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 192751 times)

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #390 on: July 12, 2016, 11:55:03 PM »
My whole computer system went down and is having to be replaced. It is a Hewlett Packard computer and they are going to try to save the hard drive but not sure if they can. I am supposed to get my laptop that had all my games on it back in about a week. I am hoping they can save it, if not I will have to start my dynasty challenge over again.   :'(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #391 on: July 13, 2016, 07:17:28 AM »
I hope they can save it, too. Were you very far along?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #392 on: July 13, 2016, 10:42:02 PM »
I was on the third generation with two of my families. However, I was only on my 2nd with the aliens. Still waiting to see if it will be able to be saved or not. Just  not feeling very hopeful about it. They stated it is a B.I.O.S error which they said the likelihood of it being saved is not very high. Crossing my fingers. If it can't be saved I am hoping to keep much of the prologue and ideas the same.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #393 on: July 14, 2016, 03:01:56 PM »
Just realized what I've been doing wrong - everyone stays in the same town the whole time. Oops! Anyway, starting this today.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #394 on: July 18, 2016, 02:42:02 PM »
I just found out that there's a bug which can cause any Sim who meets a Nanny to become immortal and incapable of being aged up. Thus, hiring a Nanny is banned until further notice.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #395 on: July 27, 2016, 04:30:13 PM »
Apparently the bug that caused the Nanny to confer immortality has been fixed. Your Sims can now hire nannies.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #396 on: August 22, 2016, 03:20:29 PM »
It's okay to participate in the Triple Boost Week -- Aug 22 - 29.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #397 on: September 08, 2016, 11:42:26 AM »
Okay. I love this idea for story ideas. Somehow, I got confused however and started this challenge focused on only the details here without realizing this is still the dynasty challenge with immortal people and challenges and all of that, so I ask do you all think I need to start over if I have not been focusing on the dynasty main things and have played a game week of each house except for the third one? Also, if you do not choose the alien option for your alien, and you choose mansion....do they still have to marry only other aliens?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #398 on: September 08, 2016, 11:54:46 AM »
Okay. I love this idea for story ideas. Somehow, I got confused however and started this challenge focused on only the details here without realizing this is still the dynasty challenge with immortal people and challenges and all of that, so I ask do you all think I need to start over if I have not been focusing on the dynasty main things and have played a game week of each house except for the third one? Also, if you do not choose the alien option for your alien, and you choose mansion....do they still have to marry only other aliens?

To answer your last question -- only aliens in the alien option have to marry other aliens, and yes, you can have an alien choose the mansion option.

I'm not sure I understand your question about immortals and other challenges. The Rival Dynasties Challenge is a stand-alone challenge. You don't have to make ambrosia; in fact, you shouldn't, except to use as a collection item if you wish. The Immortal Dynasty is something different. If you're following the rules at the beginning of this thread, you're fine.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #399 on: September 08, 2016, 11:58:39 AM »
Okay, thank you. I started to get confused at the mention of a museum. So, it seems, I am on the right path, whew. Thank you.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #400 on: September 12, 2016, 10:11:33 AM »
Okay. I am on week three of my rotational play. My dynasties have all produced heirs and gained spouses however, I am worried about three things. One, does there need to be a portrait for every life stage of the founder in the museum along with a collection, or do only the heirs need to get collections and does the heir need to have moved out before giving their collection or can they leave it behind when they move out? Two, how many portraits does an heir need to have? And third...how far should I be in getting that mansion baron aspiration complete at this stage before I need to worry? Thank you again for your patience and feedback.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #401 on: September 12, 2016, 10:31:34 AM »
Okay. I am on week three of my rotational play. My dynasties have all produced heirs and gained spouses however, I am worried about three things. One, does there need to be a portrait for every life stage of the founder in the museum along with a collection, or do only the heirs need to get collections and does the heir need to have moved out before giving their collection or can they leave it behind when they move out? Two, how many portraits does an heir need to have? And third...how far should I be in getting that mansion baron aspiration complete at this stage before I need to worry? Thank you again for your patience and feedback.

The founder and heirs need only one portrait as a teen or young adult unless they're aliens. Aliens need a portrait in disguise and one in their true form. The heirs will leave their collection in the Museum when they move out. Later on, your heirs will have to visit the founder's lot to place their portrait and collection.

I haven't done the Mansion Baron option so can't give you much advice on that. The main thing is to keep making money.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #402 on: September 12, 2016, 10:40:31 AM »
Thank you, Okies. I thought Mansion would be simpler but I actually almost quit because I installed Get Together and found out that you have to check prestige events to turn them back on, and had one of the most amazing weddings I ever had on the game and it was not tracked with goals and so missed out on my gold party. But, I am hanging in there.

Another question, are there any skills that cannot count as a unique skill?

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #403 on: September 24, 2016, 01:05:29 AM »
Hello everyone. Is it allowed for the heir living with his parents to get a career once he turns YA?

Thanks!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #404 on: September 24, 2016, 07:48:13 AM »
Yes. If the heir isn't ready to move out yet, he can go ahead and get a job. I usually don't have mine start a job yet but have him finish up his skills and making friends, etc. Also, if he gets any career rewards he won't be able to take them with him unless they fit in personal inventory.

anything