Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 198255 times)

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #750 on: April 02, 2021, 01:39:52 PM »
Thank you everyone for answering all my questions.  :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #751 on: July 20, 2021, 02:01:32 PM »
Updates, if needed will be coming, please be patient and give us time to play test the new content and make our decisions.

Thank you

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #752 on: July 21, 2021, 05:28:56 PM »
I just want to clarify. With the mansion and petlover options there are additional aspirations to complete, but NOT with the other options eg. spellcaster and vampire.

"4. The heir must achieve a unique aspiration other than Mansion Baron or Animal Lover."

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #753 on: July 21, 2021, 05:34:17 PM »
@lynyeld, the heirs must all complete a unique aspiration in addition to any aspirations required by their bloodline. So a spellcaster would have to do either the spells or potions aspiration plus one unique one. I'll rewrite the rule.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #754 on: July 21, 2021, 05:38:18 PM »
Rule Clarification:

The heir must achieve a unique aspiration in addition to any required by his or her bloodline. He or she may not switch aspirations until that aspiration has been achieved. No heir in any other bloodline may achieve this aspiration. Depending on what bloodlines you're playing, these could include Mansion Baron, Animal Lover, the Vampire aspirations, the Spellcaster aspirations, or the Academic aspiration.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #755 on: September 18, 2021, 03:30:59 PM »
Update:

When starting your dynasty, if you are offered this by the game, you must decline the offer. If you have already accepted one, that is fine. If not, starting today and going forward, you must DECLINE that offer.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #756 on: March 16, 2022, 06:00:41 PM »
Important

Yesterday (March 15, 2022), a patch was released that included a new Neighborhood Stories System.
Specific dynasty challenges may require fine tuning of the Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings.
For the time being, please completely disable NSS by going to your Manage Household screen and clicking the green icon on the upper right corner.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #757 on: April 01, 2022, 02:43:06 PM »
A bit confused.

When my sims who is doing the well-educated bloodline finishes his week of college it's going to ask me if you want to register for more classes but I will be moving on to the next bloodline. So how do I answer the question without him failing the courses for the week I'm playing a different bloodline?

Hope that makes sense.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #758 on: April 01, 2022, 03:10:28 PM »
A bit confused.

When my sims who is doing the well-educated bloodline finishes his week of college it's going to ask me if you want to register for more classes but I will be moving on to the next bloodline. So how do I answer the question without him failing the courses for the week I'm playing a different bloodline?  Hope that makes sense.

You previously asked a similar question and MarianT replied as follows in Reply #737 on page 50:
Thank you. One more question. I'm just about to finish week one of the well educated bloodline. After I'm done with the courses for the semester do I re-enroll for the next semester even though I will be playing a different bloodline on Sunday?

No. Wait until you're playing that bloodline again. You might lose a scholarship, but your grade average won't suffer.
I hope this answers your question. :D

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #759 on: April 01, 2022, 03:12:14 PM »
I must have missed the answer last time.

Thank you.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #760 on: April 01, 2022, 03:14:19 PM »
I imagine the timing of scholarships and semesters makes the Well-Educated Bloodline a difficult one to complete!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #761 on: April 01, 2022, 09:59:58 PM »
Additional Rules related to the Neighborhood Stories System for the Rival Dynasties Challenge
  • At the start of a new or existing dynasty, go into Manage Households to select your global Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings. The default is all NSS settings set to ON.
  • You will need to select NSS settings for both "My Households" and "Other Households." Your NSS settings for "My Households" will not affect your active household.
  • Similar to setting up your dynasty's world at the start of a save, selecting your NSS settings is a one-time process.  Subsequent changes to your NSS settings are not allowed nor is changing NSS settings for individual households.

A Suggestion, Not a Rule
You are only allowed a one-time pass at choosing your NSS settings.
We advise you to load a file other than your official dynasty file to play-test the NSS settings to check how they work before you actually commit to enabling or disabling global NSS settings for your dynasty's world.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #762 on: June 16, 2022, 12:30:50 PM »
Good afternoon pack,

As with all new packs/EPS, please give us time to purchase and test the pack for use in the Dynasties.

Thanks your local Alphas.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #763 on: July 09, 2022, 04:25:35 PM »
Rule Edit (Gameplay Options)

Based on further experimentation with the Neighborhood Stories System (NSS), the rule regarding NSS settings has been changed as follows:

Neighborhood Stories System settings: Player's choice.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #764 on: May 18, 2023, 05:02:16 PM »
I'm looking at doing a Rivals Dynasty challenge and I've got a few initial questions:
- Founders are created human, vampire or alien. Is Spellcaster deliberately not included in the list?
- Are the teen aspirations allowed for the heir unique aspirations?
- Is early age-up for Infants a possibility?

Thanks, team :)